Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Classic Surf and Turf

Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.

https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 9:29:38 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>
> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>
> -sw

I'm going to guess that tiny roll is just to sop up the juices once
the plate is empty.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 21:29:35 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>
>I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>
>-sw

It looks wonderful. I could only eat half that steak or the whole
lobster. That's a lot of food. You need a nice cold drink of some
kind to go with that. I would opt for plain iced tea. You don't need
a salad. Just put a sprig of parsley on the plate and call it good
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 10:29:38 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>
> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>
> -sw

What's the greenage in the butter?

Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
meal--or even two meals.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 04 Aug 2020 23:19:30 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 21:29:35 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
>>Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>>Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>>
>>I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>>
>>-sw

> It looks wonderful. I could only eat half that steak or the whole
> lobster. That's a lot of food. You need a nice cold drink of some
> kind to go with that. I would opt for plain iced tea. You don't need
> a salad. Just put a sprig of parsley on the plate and call it good

There's parsley in the butter. And garlic. That's TWO vegetables!
:-)

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 19:59:49 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 9:29:38 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.

https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

>> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>>

> I'm going to guess that tiny roll is just to sop up the juices once
> the plate is empty.

The roll was the first thing to go - had to get it out of the way. I
dipped it in the butter. Then licked the plate free of juices when
I was done.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 03:15:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 10:29:38 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>>
>> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>>
>> -sw

> What's the greenage in the butter?
>
> Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
> meal--or even two meals.

You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 07:45:45 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 03:15:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 10:29:38 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>>> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>>>
>>> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>>>
>>> -sw

>> What's the greenage in the butter?
>>
>> Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
>> meal--or even two meals.

>You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
>things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.
>
>-sw

Ah, but . . . back in the day I was a good trencherman
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 9:29:38 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>
> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>
> -sw

Should have eaten a salad first!

:-)

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 8:45:48 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 03:15:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 10:29:38 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> >> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> >> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
> >>
> >> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
> >>
> >> -sw

> > What's the greenage in the butter?
> >
> > Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
> > meal--or even two meals.

> You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
> things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.

Not bitching, as such. But I'd be having surf and turf for days
rather than just one meal. I see it as a plus.

It's only when people like Sheldon mock us old ladies for being unable
to eat a meatloaf the size of our heads that we get a little bitchy.
He seems to think it's a sign of weakness (or lying) when we say we
only eat a little bit of meat at a meal.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 08:25:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 8:45:48 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:

>> > What's the greenage in the butter?
>> >
>> > Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
>> > meal--or even two meals.

>> You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
>> things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.

>Not bitching, as such. But I'd be having surf and turf for days
>rather than just one meal. I see it as a plus.
>
>It's only when people like Sheldon mock us old ladies for being unable
>to eat a meatloaf the size of our heads that we get a little bitchy.
>He seems to think it's a sign of weakness (or lying) when we say we
>only eat a little bit of meat at a meal.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Right!
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 07:19:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 9:29:38 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>>
>> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>>
>> -sw

>Should have eaten a salad first!
>
>:-)
>
>John Kuthe...

That only applies to dessert.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 08:25:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 8:45:48 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:

>> > What's the greenage in the butter?
>> >
>> > Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
>> > meal--or even two meals.

>> You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
>> things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.

>Not bitching, as such. But I'd be having surf and turf for days
>rather than just one meal. I see it as a plus.
>
>It's only when people like Sheldon mock us old ladies for being unable
>to eat a meatloaf the size of our heads that we get a little bitchy.
>He seems to think it's a sign of weakness (or lying) when we say we
>only eat a little bit of meat at a meal.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Back in the day I loved a New York Strip Loin done on the BBQ. Still
do but I cut it in half, half for today, half for tomorrow.

I personally never cared for surf and turf, love steak and love
lobster but separate meals. That said, we put away 2 lobsters each
last Sunday without trying, but no dessert to follow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 9:19:52 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:

> Should have eaten a salad first!
>
> :-)
>
> John Kuthe...

Why? Because you say so?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 07:19:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 9:29:38 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>>
>> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!

> Should have eaten a salad first!

And spoil my dinner !?!?!?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:42:00 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 07:19:47 -0700 (PDT), John Kuthe wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 9:29:38 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>>> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>>>
>>> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!

>> Should have eaten a salad first!

>And spoil my dinner !?!?!?

If you live longer you can eat more!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/4/2020 10:29 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>
> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>
> -sw

That looks yummy. 'Dead Lobster' couldn't do any better. Happy Birthday!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/5/2020 6:15 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 10:29:38 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>>
>> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
>>
>> -sw

> What's the greenage in the butter?
>
> Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
> meal--or even two meals.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Same here, Cindy (and JanetB), but it looks delicious!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/5/2020 11:25 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 8:45:48 AM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:

>>> What's the greenage in the butter?
>>>
>>> Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
>>> meal--or even two meals.

>> You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
>> things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.

> Not bitching, as such. But I'd be having surf and turf for days
> rather than just one meal. I see it as a plus.
>
> It's only when people like Sheldon mock us old ladies for being unable
> to eat a meatloaf the size of our heads that we get a little bitchy.
> He seems to think it's a sign of weakness (or lying) when we say we
> only eat a little bit of meat at a meal.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

The last time I was at Publix Supermarket I noticed they were selling
really nice, thick NY Strip steaks *cut in half*. Apparently we aren't
the only people who can't eat that much in one sitting. When I buy a NY
Strip I cut it in half and freeze half of it, so the idea isn't crazy.

When I was 30 I could have consumed Steve's entire meal no problem.
Now, nope. I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always too
well done for my liking.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:42:00 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> Should have eaten a salad first!

>> And spoil my dinner !?!?!?

> If you live longer you can eat more!

I guess he just wanted to eat dead animals. <Sniff>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 3:38:59 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always too
> well done for my liking.
>
> Jill

How are you reheating it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Aug 4, , Sqwertz wrote
(in article >):

> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
>
> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!

I do dippin butter with butter, some salt and lemon juice. I see herb in
there. What do you do?

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Aug 5, , Sqwertz wrote
(in article >):

> There's parsley in the butter. And garlic. That's TWO vegetables!

I should have read down further.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always too
>> well done for my liking.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>How are you reheating it?

I don't reheat leftover beef, I slice it thin and add it to a salad,
or use it in a sandwich.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 itsjoannotjoann wrote:
>> On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always too
>>> well done for my liking.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> How are you reheating it?

> I don't reheat leftover beef, I slice it thin and add it to a salad,
> or use it in a sandwich.

Or throw it out yoose window!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/5/2020 4:38 PM, jmcquown wrote:

> The last time I was at Publix Supermarket I noticed they were selling
> really nice, thick NY Strip steaks *cut in half*.Â* Apparently we aren't
> the only people who can't eat that much in one sitting.Â* When I buy a NY
> Strip I cut it in half and freeze half of it, so the idea isn't crazy.
>
> When I was 30 I could have consumed Steve's entire meal no problem. Now,
> nope.Â* I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always too well
> done for my liking.
>
> Jill

I have reheated steak but you have to be careful. I will slice it and
reheat in the microwave at 30% power and check it so it is warmed and
not cooked. Go too long and you'd have dog food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/5/2020 5:45 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 14:42:00 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>> And spoil my dinner !?!?!?

>> If you live longer you can eat more!
>>

> I guess he just wanted to eat dead animals.Â* <Sniff>

Usually best when dead. Stays on the plate that way.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/5/2020 4:38 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>

>> The last time I was at Publix Supermarket I noticed they were
>> selling really nice, thick NY Strip steaks *cut in half*.Â
>> Apparently we aren't the only people who can't eat that much in
>> one sitting.Â* When I buy a NY Strip I cut it in half and freeze
>> half of it, so the idea isn't crazy.
>>
>> When I was 30 I could have consumed Steve's entire meal no
>> problem. Now, nope.Â* I don't mind leftovers, except reheated
>> steak is always too well done for my liking.
>>
>> Jill

> I have reheated steak but you have to be careful.* I will slice it
> and reheat in the microwave at 30% power and check it so it is
> warmed and not cooked.* Go too long and you'd have dog food.

In the past, I had good luck with putting the leftovers in a
plastic bag and placing on the cab of my pickup. A hot sun will
heat it up fast.

John Kunte would also approve, as well as mother gaiaa.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 7:27:17 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> I don't reheat leftover beef, I slice it thin and add it to a salad,
> or use it in a sandwich.

Reheated beef doesn't bother me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 2:17:35 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I have reheated steak but you have to be careful. I will slice it and
> reheat in the microwave at 30% power and check it so it is warmed and
> not cooked. Go too long and you'd have dog food.

I don't slice it but that's how I reheat it, too. L.O.W. power for the
shortest amount of time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 9:17:35 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/5/2020 4:38 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>

> > The last time I was at Publix Supermarket I noticed they were selling
> > really nice, thick NY Strip steaks *cut in half*.Â* Apparently we aren't
> > the only people who can't eat that much in one sitting.Â* When I buy a NY
> > Strip I cut it in half and freeze half of it, so the idea isn't crazy.
> >
> > When I was 30 I could have consumed Steve's entire meal no problem. Now,
> > nope.Â* I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always too well
> > done for my liking.
> >
> > Jill

> I have reheated steak but you have to be careful. I will slice it and
> reheat in the microwave at 30% power and check it so it is warmed and
> not cooked. Go too long and you'd have dog food.

I would cut the steak into cubes and fry it at high heat in a wok while stirring constantly. The steak will be done in less than 60 seconds. You can also cook raw steak this way too. That takes about 2 minutes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, August 6, 2020 at 9:17:35 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 8/5/2020 4:38 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>

>>> The last time I was at Publix Supermarket I noticed they were selling
>>> really nice, thick NY Strip steaks *cut in half*.Â* Apparently we aren't
>>> the only people who can't eat that much in one sitting.Â* When I buy a NY
>>> Strip I cut it in half and freeze half of it, so the idea isn't crazy.
>>>
>>> When I was 30 I could have consumed Steve's entire meal no problem. Now,
>>> nope.Â* I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always too well
>>> done for my liking.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I have reheated steak but you have to be careful. I will slice it and
>> reheat in the microwave at 30% power and check it so it is warmed and
>> not cooked. Go too long and you'd have dog food.

> I would cut the steak into cubes and fry it at high heat in a wok while stirring constantly. The steak will be done in less than 60 seconds. You can also cook raw steak this way too. That takes about 2 minutes.

I thought gooks just eat stuff raw.

Surf and Turf Nick Cramer Barbecue 3 07-06-2010 02:17 AM
Surf and Turf Sqwertz Barbecue 5 06-06-2010 07:42 PM