Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Classic Surf and Turf

On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 08:47:49 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Aug 2020 19:32:52 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>>>Any reheated meat bothers me. IMO it tastes vile!

>>I like a nice piece of steak plain ole cold.

>See? Canadians are backup Americans.

Huh?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

Lobster in Texas for $5? Tell me another one. Sorry but that's
just very hard to believe.

Looks good though although I would have made that 2 dinners. I
know Surf and Turf is popular but I've never understood why.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 07:00:52 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

>Lobster in Texas for $5? Tell me another one. Sorry but that's
>just very hard to believe.
>
>Looks good though although I would have made that 2 dinners. I
>know Surf and Turf is popular but I've never understood why.

I always thought, showing off. I can't fathom mixing the two, it
would be difficult to pick up on the fine flavours of lobsters mixed
with steak. I love both, but separate
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 07:00:52 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Sqwertz wrote:
> >>
> >> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> >> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

> >Lobster in Texas for $5? Tell me another one. Sorry but that's
> >just very hard to believe.
> >
> >Looks good though although I would have made that 2 dinners. I
> >know Surf and Turf is popular but I've never understood why.

> I always thought, showing off. I can't fathom mixing the two, it
> would be difficult to pick up on the fine flavours of lobsters mixed
> with steak. I love both, but separate

I've never thought it was showing off but maybe some
restaurant dish that combined 2 things that people
might not eat often at home. So splurge and get both
at one time out. Still odd combination though.

Personally, I would make the lobster the star of a seafood
platter along with some fried shellfish and a couple of
sides like fries and coleslaw.

My favorite steak dinner would be with (optional fried in
the pan mushrooms and onions) then with a side of salty
shoestring fries and some buttered corn or a fresh tossed
salad.

With any meat meal, I don't ever want to just eat bite
after bite of meat. I want to break it up with a bite of
a side too.

I have a friend that only eats shrimp when he makes it.
I like it with sides too. I'll cook about 1/2 pound
of shrimp and add other things. My shrimp lasts longer
than his does.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 07:00:52 -0400, Gary wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

> Lobster in Texas for $5? Tell me another one. Sorry but that's
> just very hard to believe.

<sigh> Are you challenging me? Just say the word, Gary. Put some
money down on it while you're here. Who knows - you may win!!!

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/5/2020 6:55 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 3:38:59 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always too
>> well done for my liking.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> How are you reheating it?

I try not to [reheat steak]. I try to cook just enough to satisfy my
appetite and not have to reheat steak. I definitely wouldn't recommend
a microwave.

Just the other day I cooked a lovely 1-1/4" thick beef tenderloin filet
in a cast iron skillet.

I'd seasoned it with salt and wrapped it in cling wrap and kept it cold
for a couple of days. Then I cooked it in a very small cast iron
skillet in just a bit of butter. Pan just hot enough to get a nice sear
on one side without burning the butter. I turned and seared the other
side. I turned down the heat and seasoned with course black pepper and
some garlic powder. I let it cook in the cast iron pan in it's own
juices (it was nicely marbled) for about 15 minutes. I kept an eye on
it, made sure it wouldn't burn or overcook. I could see from looking at
the side of the steak it was still fairly rare.

Sure enough, when I took it out of the pan and cut into it, it was
seared but not crunchy/crusty. Cooked to beautifully rare yet steaming
hot in the center. Tender, juicy, delicious. I ate all of that small
steak. I doubt it would have been nearly as good reheated even in the
same skillet I used.

BTW, that's about the best darn steak I've ever eaten. I do hope I can
replicate it next time around.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Speaking of cast iron, check out Amazon deal. 19 bucks for a Lodge 12 inch skillet.
Bought 3.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 07:00:52 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:
> >>
> >> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> >> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

> > Lobster in Texas for $5? Tell me another one. Sorry but that's
> > just very hard to believe.

> <sigh> Are you challenging me? Just say the word, Gary. Put some
> money down on it while you're here. Who knows - you may win!!!
>
> -sw

Very cheap price. I won't challenge you though because you
always have a nifty response, same as Bruce. Both of you
*always* need to win.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Thomas wrote:

> Speaking of cast iron, check out Amazon deal. 19 bucks for a Lodge 12 inch skillet.
> Bought 3.

Three of them?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/8/2020 7:24 AM, Gary wrote:
> Thomas wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of cast iron, check out Amazon deal. 19 bucks for a Lodge 12 inch skillet.
>> Bought 3.

> Three of them?

I don't know about Thomas but I don't need three 12 inch cast iron
skillets. The cast iron skillet I cooked the tenderloin steak is about
6 inches in diameter. Perfect size for a small steak or a burger. I
have a 9" cast iron pan strictly used for baking cornbread. I rarely
use the 12 inch cast iron skillet. They're all at least 25-30 years
old; I don't recall what I paid for them. Probably $20 for all three.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 7:24:17 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Thomas wrote:
> >
> > Speaking of cast iron, check out Amazon deal. 19 bucks for a Lodge 12 inch skillet.
> > Bought 3.

> Three of them?

3. I plan on teaching my daughter how to make pan pizza. She gets one.
I have been getting pretty good with pizza. Everytime is a bit better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 7:33:10 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 19:59:49 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 9:29:38 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> >>
> >> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> >> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.

https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

> >> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
> >>

> > I'm going to guess that tiny roll is just to sop up the juices once
> > the plate is empty.

> The roll was the first thing to go - had to get it out of the way. I
> dipped it in the butter. Then licked the plate free of juices when
> I was done.

When I'm at home, i never hesitate to lick my plate clean. It's enjoyable

> -sw

--Bryan https://www.lulu.com/en/us/shop/brya...-176j5weg.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 8/8/2020 7:24 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Thomas wrote:
> >>
> >> Speaking of cast iron, check out Amazon deal. 19 bucks for a Lodge 12 inch skillet.
> >> Bought 3.

> > Three of them?
> >

> I don't know about Thomas but I don't need three 12 inch cast iron
> skillets. The cast iron skillet I cooked the tenderloin steak is about
> 6 inches in diameter. Perfect size for a small steak or a burger. I
> have a 9" cast iron pan strictly used for baking cornbread. I rarely
> use the 12 inch cast iron skillet. They're all at least 25-30 years
> old; I don't recall what I paid for them. Probably $20 for all three.

I have a few cast iron pans but never liked the 12" one. I gave
that
to my daughter.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/8/2020 11:30 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Three of them?
>>>

>> I don't know about Thomas but I don't need three 12 inch cast iron
>> skillets. The cast iron skillet I cooked the tenderloin steak is about
>> 6 inches in diameter. Perfect size for a small steak or a burger. I
>> have a 9" cast iron pan strictly used for baking cornbread. I rarely
>> use the 12 inch cast iron skillet. They're all at least 25-30 years
>> old; I don't recall what I paid for them. Probably $20 for all three.

> I have a few cast iron pans but never liked the 12" one. I gave
> that to my daughter.

I can't remember the last time I used the 12" cast iron. If I need a
12" skillet I use my stainless.

I suppose if I was cooking on a grill over coals I might use it. I once
had a covered cast iron pot that I used to cook homemade vegetable beef
soup on a charcoal grill. That was during a 2 week power outage after
some nasty storms spawned tornadoes hit the mid-south hard. In the
early 1990's. Had to cook and eat a lot of stuff before it spoiled. I
baked a pan of cornbread in the 9" cast iron skillet on the grill. I
used my grandma's old no-name cast iron griddle to cook bacon and eggs
on the grill.

I had to drive to the office every day to find out if the office was
open because the phone lines were also out. (Cell phones were not yet
common.) I got dressed every day as if the office would be open, drove
over to find out... power on yet?

Ah, but I knew the break room with a large ice machine was connected to
the same generator as the computer room. So while I was checking to see
if I the office was open, I also took a small cooler with me and filled
it with ice.

Cast iron is handy for some things.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 03:15:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 10:29:38 PM UTC-4, Sqwertz wrote:
> >> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> >> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg
> >>
> >> I had planned on a side salad, too, but yeah - **** that!
> >>
> >> -sw

> > What's the greenage in the butter?
> >
> > Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
> > meal--or even two meals.

> You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
> things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.
>
> -sw

Some of us are not overweight and like to keep it that way. Overall,
most of the women here are not overweight. We eat portions suitable
for our size. The few who say they are a little over, seem to eat
trimly as well but have slower metabolisms or something.

Want sexist? The guys never talk about that and their size. Nor do
the guys accuse other guys of being fat. Nor do the women accuse guys
or other women of being fat. Just the guys (not all but happens pretty
often) accusing the women here of being fat.

Me? I'm happy to be 3lbs off my goal of 110. Clocked in at 107!!!
3lbs can't be THAT hard to gain!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 17:43:11 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:

>> > What's the greenage in the butter?
>> >
>> > Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
>> > meal--or even two meals.

>> You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
>> things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.
>>
>> -sw

>Some of us are not overweight and like to keep it that way. Overall,
>most of the women here

"here"?

>are not overweight. We eat portions suitable
>for our size. The few who say they are a little over, seem to eat
>trimly as well but have slower metabolisms or something.
>
>Want sexist? The guys never talk about that and their size. Nor do
>the guys accuse other guys of being fat. Nor do the women accuse guys
>or other women of being fat. Just the guys (not all but happens pretty
>often) accusing the women here

"here"? Where?

>of being fat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 08:25:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
> >> things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.

> > Not bitching, as such. But I'd be having surf and turf for days
> > rather than just one meal. I see it as a plus.
> >
> > It's only when people like Sheldon mock us old ladies for being
> > unable to eat a meatloaf the size of our heads that we get a little
> > bitchy. He seems to think it's a sign of weakness (or lying) when
> > we say we only eat a little bit of meat at a meal.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Right!
> Janet US

Sheldon has said a 4lb roasted chicken is a meal for 1......

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 8/5/2020 11:25 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

> > > You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
> > > things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.

> > Not bitching, as such. But I'd be having surf and turf for days
> > rather than just one meal. I see it as a plus.
> >
> > It's only when people like Sheldon mock us old ladies for being
> > unable to eat a meatloaf the size of our heads that we get a little
> > bitchy. He seems to think it's a sign of weakness (or lying) when
> > we say we only eat a little bit of meat at a meal.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> The last time I was at Publix Supermarket I noticed they were selling
> really nice, thick NY Strip steaks *cut in half*. Apparently we
> aren't the only people who can't eat that much in one sitting. When
> I buy a NY Strip I cut it in half and freeze half of it, so the idea
> isn't crazy.
>
> When I was 30 I could have consumed Steve's entire meal no problem.
> Now, nope. I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always
> too well done for my liking.
>
> Jill

The volume isn't much of a problem for me but I want my veggies! Making
room for that, I'd half the steak.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 itsjoannotjoann wrote:
> > On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always too
> >> well done for my liking.
> >>
> >> Jill
> > >

> > How are you reheating it?

> I don't reheat leftover beef, I slice it thin and add it to a salad,
> or use it in a sandwich.

I do that often too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Fri, 07 Aug 2020 07:00:52 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:
> >>
> >> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
> >> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
> >>
> >> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

> > Lobster in Texas for $5? Tell me another one. Sorry but that's
> > just very hard to believe.

> <sigh> Are you challenging me? Just say the word, Gary. Put some
> money down on it while you're here. Who knows - you may win!!!
>
> -sw

Steve, sales vary and it is a believable loss-leader sale.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> What's the greenage in the butter?
>>>
>>> Like Janet B., that's way more food than I could eat at a single
>>> meal--or even two meals.

>> You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
>> things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.
>>
>> -sw

> Some of us are not overweight and like to keep it that way. Overall,
> most of the women here are not overweight. We eat portions suitable
> for our size. The few who say they are a little over, seem to eat
> trimly as well but have slower metabolisms or something.
>
> Want sexist? The guys never talk about that and their size. Nor do
> the guys accuse other guys of being fat. Nor do the women accuse guys
> or other women of being fat. Just the guys (not all but happens pretty
> often) accusing the women here of being fat.
>
> Me? I'm happy to be 3lbs off my goal of 110. Clocked in at 107!!!
> 3lbs can't be THAT hard to gain!

Do you really give a shit about popeye and squirts?

Those dumb****s are as lame as a horse turd.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Sheldon Martin wrote:

>>> How are you reheating it?

>> I don't reheat leftover beef, I slice it thin and add it to a salad,
>> or use it in a sandwich.

> I do that often too.

Just like Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 07:24:31 -0400, Gary wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Lobster in Texas for $5? Tell me another one. Sorry but that's
>>> just very hard to believe.

>> <sigh> Are you challenging me? Just say the word, Gary. Put some
>> money down on it while you're here. Who knows - you may win!!!

> Very cheap price. I won't challenge you though because you
> always have a nifty response, same as Bruce. Both of you
> *always* need to win.

Either I can prove it or I can't. Nothing is up for interpretations
or word games. Either I can prove it, or I can't. Don't pussy out
on me now - you challenged me and I accepted. Are you just gonna
let me win this by bluffing you? Chicken! [flapping my wings and
making chicken sounds].

Don't *even* compare me to Bruce. My IQ is twice that of his.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 18:01:18 -0500, cshenk wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Lobster in Texas for $5? Tell me another one. Sorry but that's
>>> just very hard to believe.

>> <sigh> Are you challenging me? Just say the word, Gary. Put some
>> money down on it while you're here. Who knows - you may win!!!

> Steve, sales vary and it is a believable loss-leader sale.

Why are you explaining that to me?

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 15:17:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I have reheated steak but you have to be careful. I will slice it and
> reheat in the microwave at 30% power and check it so it is warmed and
> not cooked. Go too long and you'd have dog food.

I wrap it in plastic wrap and carry it around in my front pocket for
an hour or so. By then it will be about 95F. Or if I'm in a hurry in
my back pocket and sit on it.

Or you could do it alll civilized liek. Pur it in ziplock and into a
135F bowl of water. I never microwave pork or beef muscles. It
tastes funny after that, even chicken, too. I'll sometimes do that
but prefer wrapped in foil in the oven.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 01:39:11 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 07:24:31 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> <sigh> Are you challenging me? Just say the word, Gary. Put some
>>> money down on it while you're here. Who knows - you may win!!!

>> Very cheap price. I won't challenge you though because you
>> always have a nifty response, same as Bruce. Both of you
>> *always* need to win.

>Either I can prove it or I can't. Nothing is up for interpretations
>or word games. Either I can prove it, or I can't. Don't pussy out
>on me now - you challenged me and I accepted. Are you just gonna
>let me win this by bluffing you? Chicken! [flapping my wings and
>making chicken sounds].
>
>Don't *even* compare me to Bruce. My IQ is twice that of his.

What's your IQ?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12:00 7 Aug 2020, Gary said:

> Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Lobsters were $5 and Choice ribeyes were $5.77/lb. So I did a
>> Birthday Surf and Turf redo - correctly this time.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/KjP1qsWv/Birthd...and-Turf-2.jpg

> Lobster in Texas for $5? Tell me another one. Sorry but that's
> just very hard to believe.
>
> Looks good though although I would have made that 2 dinners. I
> know Surf and Turf is popular but I've never understood why.

Squirt buys all the decaying scraps nobody else wants and then wonders why
they taste so different.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Aug 2020 07:24:31 -0400, Gary wrote:
>
> > Sqwertz wrote:

> >> <sigh> Are you challenging me? Just say the word, Gary. Put some
> >> money down on it while you're here. Who knows - you may win!!!

> > Very cheap price. I won't challenge you though because you
> > always have a nifty response, same as Bruce. Both of you
> > *always* need to win.

> Either I can prove it or I can't. Nothing is up for interpretations
> or word games. Either I can prove it, or I can't. Don't pussy out
> on me now - you challenged me and I accepted. Are you just gonna
> let me win this by bluffing you? Chicken! [flapping my wings and
> making chicken sounds].

LOL! I questioned it. It's a very cheap price for a lobster
but could happen. Maybe a whole frozen one that went on a
good sale or maybe you bought it on the black market from
a lobster shoplifter. heh

I know you have an answer. Why not just tell?

> Don't *even* compare me to Bruce. My IQ is twice that of his.

I'll let Bruce field that one however the "always needs to win"
personality which you both have, has nothing to do with IQ.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 08:02:05 -0400, Gary wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Very cheap price. I won't challenge you though because you
>>> always have a nifty response, same as Bruce. Both of you
>>> *always* need to win.

>> Either I can prove it or I can't. Nothing is up for interpretations
>> or word games. Either I can prove it, or I can't. Don't pussy out
>> on me now - you challenged me and I accepted. Are you just gonna
>> let me win this by bluffing you? Chicken! [flapping my wings and
>> making chicken sounds].

> LOL! I questioned it. It's a very cheap price for a lobster
> but could happen.

" Tell me another one. Sorry but that's just very hard to believe."

That's not "questioning it". You're clearly calling me a liar.
Maybe I am?

Looks like I win either way. You could have at least called my bluff
and had a 50% change of "winning" after making the implication. But
no, you're taking the path to 100% chance of losing. Twice even.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 08:02:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:

>> > Very cheap price. I won't challenge you though because you
>> > always have a nifty response, same as Bruce. Both of you
>> > *always* need to win.

>> Either I can prove it or I can't. Nothing is up for interpretations
>> or word games. Either I can prove it, or I can't. Don't pussy out
>> on me now - you challenged me and I accepted. Are you just gonna
>> let me win this by bluffing you? Chicken! [flapping my wings and
>> making chicken sounds].

>LOL! I questioned it. It's a very cheap price for a lobster
>but could happen. Maybe a whole frozen one that went on a
>good sale or maybe you bought it on the black market from
>a lobster shoplifter. heh
>
>I know you have an answer. Why not just tell?
>
>> Don't *even* compare me to Bruce. My IQ is twice that of his.

>I'll let Bruce field that one however the "always needs to win"
>personality which you both have, has nothing to do with IQ.

In the news this week. Martha Stewart is getting slammed for
displaying a dinner of whole lobster that she and employees were
having. (bad optics of the wealthy in these bad times, so said her
detractors) She explained that the lobsters were $4/each and the rest
of the food was grown on her property.
So, I believe Steve's lobster price. It all depends on your market
area.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 08:02:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Either I can prove it or I can't. Nothing is up for interpretations
>> or word games. Either I can prove it, or I can't. Don't pussy out
>> on me now - you challenged me and I accepted. Are you just gonna
>> let me win this by bluffing you? Chicken! [flapping my wings and
>> making chicken sounds].

>LOL! I questioned it. It's a very cheap price for a lobster
>but could happen. Maybe a whole frozen one that went on a
>good sale or maybe you bought it on the black market from
>a lobster shoplifter. heh
>
>I know you have an answer. Why not just tell?
>
>> Don't *even* compare me to Bruce. My IQ is twice that of his.

>I'll let Bruce field that one however the "always needs to win"
>personality which you both have, has nothing to do with IQ.

One begs your pardon?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 11:39:02 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Sun, 09 Aug 2020 08:02:05 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Either I can prove it or I can't. Nothing is up for interpretations
>>> or word games. Either I can prove it, or I can't. Don't pussy out
>>> on me now - you challenged me and I accepted. Are you just gonna
>>> let me win this by bluffing you? Chicken! [flapping my wings and
>>> making chicken sounds].

>>LOL! I questioned it. It's a very cheap price for a lobster
>>but could happen. Maybe a whole frozen one that went on a
>>good sale or maybe you bought it on the black market from
>>a lobster shoplifter. heh
>>
>>I know you have an answer. Why not just tell?
>>
>>> Don't *even* compare me to Bruce. My IQ is twice that of his.

>>I'll let Bruce field that one however the "always needs to win"
>>personality which you both have, has nothing to do with IQ.

>In the news this week. Martha Stewart is getting slammed for
>displaying a dinner of whole lobster that she and employees were
>having. (bad optics of the wealthy in these bad times, so said her
>detractors) She explained that the lobsters were $4/each and the rest
>of the food was grown on her property.
>So, I believe Steve's lobster price. It all depends on your market
>area.
>Janet US

In a good season small (under 2 lbs) live Lung Guyland lobster sold 3
for $10.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 8, 2020 at 5:46:21 PM UTC-5, cshenk wrote:
> U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 08:25:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > > wrote:

> > > Not bitching, as such. But I'd be having surf and turf for days
> > > rather than just one meal. I see it as a plus.
> > >
> > > It's only when people like Sheldon mock us old ladies for being
> > > unable to eat a meatloaf the size of our heads that we get a little
> > > bitchy. He seems to think it's a sign of weakness (or lying) when
> > > we say we only eat a little bit of meat at a meal.
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Right!
> > Janet US

> Sheldon has said a 4lb roasted chicken is a meal for 1......

I try to buy the smallest chickens. Every time I go to ALDI to buy milk, I look at the chickens, and only buy them if they're not much over 4 lbs. Even then, my family of 3 can't finish a whole chicken.

--Bryan

€śUrethra. The word is urethra.
I'm "checking out on that Monday! In nursing school! How to
catheterize a female patient!!Unfortunately we only get to practice/check out on a mannequin.
Unfortunately for me that is, not for the 'patient'!€ť
--John Kuthe in alt.punk 11/18/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 11:46:46 AM UTC-5, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 08:25:42 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> You frail, old ladies are just lightweights. It's always the same
> >> things - women love bitching about that for some reason. IDGAF.

> >Not bitching, as such. But I'd be having surf and turf for days
> >rather than just one meal. I see it as a plus.
> >
> >It's only when people like Sheldon mock us old ladies for being unable
> >to eat a meatloaf the size of our heads that we get a little bitchy.
> >He seems to think it's a sign of weakness (or lying) when we say we
> >only eat a little bit of meat at a meal.
> >
> >Cindy Hamilton

> Back in the day I loved a New York Strip Loin done on the BBQ. Still
> do but I cut it in half, half for today, half for tomorrow.
>
> I personally never cared for surf and turf, love steak and love
> lobster but separate meals. That said, we put away 2 lobsters each
> last Sunday without trying, but no dessert to follow.

When I grill t-bone, I cut out the tenderloins for my wife and son. This evening, I did that, and bacon wrapped the fillets. I cooked the strip with the bone for myself, as I prefer the flavor of the strip to the lovely texture of the fillet. I still have one raw t-bone, minus the tenderloin.

--Bryan

€śUrethra. The word is urethra.
I'm "checking out on that Monday! In nursing school! How to
catheterize a female patient!!Unfortunately we only get to practice/check out on a mannequin.
Unfortunately for me that is, not for the 'patient'!€ť
--John Kuthe in alt.punk 11/18/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 5:55:11 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 5, 2020 at 3:38:59 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > I don't mind leftovers, except reheated steak is always too
> > well done for my liking.
> >
> > Jill
> >

> How are you reheating it?

Putting any meat in a microwave if it's not already well done makes it icky.. Gently warming it in a pan is OK, but I'd rather have leftover steak room temp.

--Bryan

€śUrethra. The word is urethra.
I'm "checking out on that Monday! In nursing school! How to
catheterize a female patient!!Unfortunately we only get to practice/check out on a mannequin.
Unfortunately for me that is, not for the 'patient'!€ť
--John Kuthe in alt.punk 11/18/06
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 9, 2020 at 2:02:40 AM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 15:17:31 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > I have reheated steak but you have to be careful. I will slice it and
> > reheat in the microwave at 30% power and check it so it is warmed and
> > not cooked. Go too long and you'd have dog food.

> I wrap it in plastic wrap and carry it around in my front pocket for
> an hour or so. By then it will be about 95F. Or if I'm in a hurry in
> my back pocket and sit on it.
>
> Or you could do it alll civilized liek. Pur it in ziplock and into a
> 135F bowl of water. I never microwave pork or beef muscles. It
> tastes funny after that, even chicken, too. I'll sometimes do that
> but prefer wrapped in foil in the oven.

Microwaves do weird shit to meat that is not already well done. "Tastes funny" is accurate, but an understatement.

Surf and Turf Nick Cramer Barbecue 3 07-06-2010 02:17 AM
Surf and Turf Sqwertz Barbecue 5 06-06-2010 07:42 PM