Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cheese, lots of cheese

Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
good stuff right from Italy? So I did.

About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.

It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
it was really good.

This is where we got it from.
https://www.parmashop.com/english

We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-01 6:20 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
> good stuff right from Italy?Â* So I did.
>
> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma?Â* So she did.
>
> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
> couple of other goodies.Â* That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
> it was really good.
>
> This is where we got it from.
> https://www.parmashop.com/english
>
> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

Now you should order some bread from Poilâne in Paris:
https://www.poilane.com/

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
> good stuff right from Italy? So I did.
>
> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.
>
> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
> couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
> it was really good.
>
> This is where we got it from.
> https://www.parmashop.com/english
>
> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

Very nice, Ed...you should your above pix to Parmashop, I bet they'd post them...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather not
> go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the good
> stuff right from Italy? So I did.
>
> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.
>
> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a couple
> of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and it was
> really good.
>
> This is where we got it from.
> https://www.parmashop.com/english
>
> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

Wow!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 20:20:44 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
>https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
>My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
>There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
>not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
>good stuff right from Italy? So I did.
>
>About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
>cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.
>
>It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
>https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
>Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
>couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
>it was really good.
>
>This is where we got it from.
>https://www.parmashop.com/english
>
>We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

you poor thing Nice Haul
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, August 1, 2020 at 7:20:48 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
> good stuff right from Italy? So I did.
>
> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.
>
> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
> couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
> it was really good.
>
> This is where we got it from.
> https://www.parmashop.com/english
>
> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

Mmmmmmmmmm.

I'm guessing you weren't in the mood for any government cheese?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 20:20:44 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
> good stuff right from Italy? So I did.
>
> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.
>
> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
> couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
> it was really good.

I just brown down a 1.655 pound chunk of Pecorino. A split it into
3 chunks and vac-pack 2, one in ziplock, putting them all back in
the fridge. That will last about 7 months. Your 9 lbs would last
me 2 years.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
good stuff right from Italy? So I did.

About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.

It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy

Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
it was really good.

This is where we got it from.
https://www.parmashop.com/english

We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

===

I can help if you need me too ...

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 01:20 2 Aug 2020, Ed Pawlowski said:

> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually. https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
> good stuff right from Italy? So I did.
>
> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.
>
> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
> couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
> it was really good.
>
> This is where we got it from. https://www.parmashop.com/english
>
> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

Great! Have you tried Parmesan with pears? The Italians reckon it's so
good that they have a saying advising you don't tell others about it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/2/2020 3:09 PM, Pamela wrote:
> On 01:20 2 Aug 2020, Ed Pawlowski said:
>>
>> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually. https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>
>> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
>> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
>> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
>> good stuff right from Italy? So I did.
>>
>> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
>> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.
>>
>> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>
>> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
>> couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
>> it was really good.
>>
>> This is where we got it from. https://www.parmashop.com/english
>>
>> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

> Great! Have you tried Parmesan with pears? The Italians reckon it's so
> good that they have a saying advising you don't tell others about it.

Never have but it sounds like it would be a good combination. I'll give
that a try once they come into season. Yeah, some good bread and a
bottle of wine and you have dinner.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-02 5:09 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 8/2/2020 3:09 PM, Pamela wrote:

>> Great!Â* Have you tried Parmesan with pears?Â* The Italians reckon it's so
>> good that they have a saying advising you don't tell others about it.
>>

> Never have but it sounds like it would be a good combination.Â* I'll give
> that a try once they come into season.Â* Yeah, some good bread and a
> bottle of wine and you have dinner.

I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, August 2, 2020 at 5:00:07 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
> think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

I L.O.V.E. blue cheese with pears but I'd be willing to try it though.
It would have to be fantastic to knock pears & blue cheese off my pedestal
of favorites things.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Aug 2, , Dave Smith wrote
(in article >):

> I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
> think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

Gorgonzola for me. Yeah, its a blue cheese. Theyre a terrific pair.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 23:00 2 Aug 2020, Dave Smith said:

> On 2020-08-02 5:09 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 8/2/2020 3:09 PM, Pamela wrote:

>>> Great!Â* Have you tried Parmesan with pears?Â* The Italians reckon
>>> it's so good that they have a saying advising you don't tell others
>>> about it.
>>>

>> Never have but it sounds like it would be a good combination.Â* I'll
>> give that a try once they come into season.Â* Yeah, some good bread and
>> a bottle of wine and you have dinner.

> I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
> think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

One of the reasons Parmesan is said to goes well with pears is that they both
have a slightly gritty texture.

This post mentions pears with Parmesan --- and also with blue cheese which it
likes.

https://memoriediangelina.com/2009/0...on-far-sapere/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-03 1:49 a.m., Leo wrote:
> On 2020 Aug 2, , Dave Smith wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
>> think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

> Gorgonzola for me. Yeah, its a blue cheese. Theyre a terrific pair.

Oh yeah. That would work.
One of these days I will have to try Stilton. I had it once crumbled on
top of a hot soup, but never had it on its own or with fruit. I keep
hearing from blue cheese fans how good it is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 9:56:09 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> One of these days I will have to try Stilton. I had it once crumbled on
> top of a hot soup, but never had it on its own or with fruit. I keep
> hearing from blue cheese fans how good it is.

Stilton: Blue, which has had Penicillium roqueforti added to generate
a characteristic smell and taste, and White, which has not.

Gorgonzola is from Northern Italy; it is made up of unskimmed cows
milk and has greenish and blue veins on it.

Roquefort is a French sheeps milk cheese. Roquefort has a sharper
flavor, but is not as strongly flavored as robust and aromatic
Gorgonzola.

Basically, they're all blue cheese with slight differences in taste.
But positively all good with fruit!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, August 3, 2020 at 3:09PM, Pamela wrote:
> On 01:20 2 Aug 2020, Ed Pawlowski said:
>>
>> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually. https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>
>> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
>> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
>> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
>> good stuff right from Italy? So I did.
>>
>> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
>> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.
>>
>> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>
>> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
>> couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
>> it was really good.
>>
>> This is where we got it from. https://www.parmashop.com/english
>>
>> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

> Great! Have you tried Parmesan with pears? The Italians reckon it's so
> good that they have a saying advising you don't tell others about it.

Great, indeed! When thinking of gobs and gobs of cheese, I'd opt for nacho cheese with heavy peppers over fresh tortilla chips.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-03 8:56 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-08-03 1:49 a.m., Leo wrote:
>> On 2020 Aug 2, , Dave Smith wrote
>> (in article >):
>>
>>> I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
>>> think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

>> Gorgonzola for me. Yeah, its a blue cheese. Theyre a terrific pair.
>>

> Oh yeah. That would work.
> One of these days I will have to try Stilton. I had it once crumbled on
> top of a hot soup, but never had it on its own or with fruit.Â* I keep
> hearing from blue cheese fans how good it is.

The local director of the Alliance Française raved about Stilton, having
discovered it while teaching in the UK. It had to remain a memory, I
suppose, when he returned to France.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-02 4:00 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-08-02 5:09 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 8/2/2020 3:09 PM, Pamela wrote:

>>> Great!Â* Have you tried Parmesan with pears?Â* The Italians reckon it's so
>>> good that they have a saying advising you don't tell others about it.
>>>

>> Never have but it sounds like it would be a good combination.Â* I'll
>> give that a try once they come into season.Â* Yeah, some good bread and
>> a bottle of wine and you have dinner.

> I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
> think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.

I occasionally make "Hot pears with Rocquefort & Walnuts" when I have
guests for dinner. It's a recipe of Michel Roux Jnr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B100Bz3yfrk

2 ripe pears, Williams or Passe-Crassane
120g Roquefort cheese, crumbled into pieces
60g walnuts, roughly chopped
1 tbsp crème fraîche
1 tbsp port
1 spring onion, sliced
Salt and peppe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Wow! What do Passe-Crassane, Roquefort, crème fraîche, port and peppe mean?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 3 Aug 2020 10:54:31 -0600, graham > wrote:

>On 2020-08-03 8:56 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2020-08-03 1:49 a.m., Leo wrote:
>>> On 2020 Aug 2, , Dave Smith wrote
>>> (in article >):

>>> Gorgonzola for me. Yeah, its a blue cheese. Theyre a terrific pair.
>>>

>> Oh yeah. That would work.
>> One of these days I will have to try Stilton. I had it once crumbled on
>> top of a hot soup, but never had it on its own or with fruit.Â* I keep
>> hearing from blue cheese fans how good it is.

>The local director of the Alliance Française raved about Stilton, having
>discovered it while teaching in the UK. It had to remain a memory, I
>suppose, when he returned to France.

I just finished a piece of Australian supermarket stilton and it was
good. I think preference mainly depends on how blue you want your blue
cheese to be. The bluer the better, I say.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:
> On 2020-08-02 4:00 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Never have but it sounds like it would be a good combination.Â* I'll
>>> give that a try once they come into season.Â* Yeah, some good bread and
>>> a bottle of wine and you have dinner.

>> I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
>> think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.
>>

> I occasionally make "Hot pears with Rocquefort & Walnuts" when I have
> guests for dinner. It's a recipe of Michel Roux Jnr.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B100Bz3yfrk
>
> 2 ripe pears, Williams or Passe-Crassane
> 120g Roquefort cheese, crumbled into pieces
> 60g walnuts, roughly chopped
> 1 tbsp crème fraîche
> 1 tbsp port
> 1 spring onion, sliced
> Salt and peppe

melted blue cheese of any kind is a massive
travesty in my book.

it takes a cheese with zing and turns it into
a rather bland goo.

when i made spaghetti during my vegetarian era
and wanted something special on top i'd chunk the
blue cheese large enough that it could stand up to
being forked on top of the next few bites of
spaghetti and sauce. a few bites at a time from
the bowl of blue cheese. never mixed in. very
good that way.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-03 5:44 p.m., songbird wrote:
> graham wrote:

> melted blue cheese of any kind is a massive
> travesty in my book.
>
> it takes a cheese with zing and turns it into
> a rather bland goo.

I don't know about that. I have made burgers with a pocket of blue
cheese. The cheese gets melted and the burgers are delicious.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-08-03 3:44 p.m., songbird wrote:
> graham wrote:

>>> I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
>>> think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.
>>>

>> I occasionally make "Hot pears with Rocquefort & Walnuts" when I have
>> guests for dinner. It's a recipe of Michel Roux Jnr.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B100Bz3yfrk
>>
>> 2 ripe pears, Williams or Passe-Crassane
>> 120g Roquefort cheese, crumbled into pieces
>> 60g walnuts, roughly chopped
>> 1 tbsp crème fraîche
>> 1 tbsp port
>> 1 spring onion, sliced
>> Salt and peppe
>>

> melted blue cheese of any kind is a massive
> travesty in my book.
>
> it takes a cheese with zing and turns it into
> a rather bland goo.
>
> when i made spaghetti during my vegetarian era
> and wanted something special on top i'd chunk the
> blue cheese large enough that it could stand up to
> being forked on top of the next few bites of
> spaghetti and sauce. a few bites at a time from
> the bowl of blue cheese. never mixed in. very
> good that way.
>

> songbird

Don't knock it until you've tried it. And Roux runs a restaurant that
has been awarded 3 Michelin stars.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one
> day. There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd
> rather not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order
> some of the good stuff right from Italy? So I did.
>
> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering
> some cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.
>
> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
> couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner
> and it was really good.
>
> This is where we got it from.
> https://www.parmashop.com/english
>
> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

WOW! Thats more Parm than I use in a year! Looks good though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 20:20:44 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
> > https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
> >
> > My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one
> > day. There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus,
> > I'd rather not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just
> > order some of the good stuff right from Italy? So I did.
> >
> > About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering
> > some cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma? So she did.
> >
> > It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
> > https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
> >
> > Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
> > couple of other goodies. That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner
> > and it was really good.

> I just brown down a 1.655 pound chunk of Pecorino. A split it into
> 3 chunks and vac-pack 2, one in ziplock, putting them all back in
> the fridge. That will last about 7 months. Your 9 lbs would last
> me 2 years.
>
> -sw

A lot of cheeses freeze well though I don't know if these specific ones
do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020 at 3:44PM, songbird wrote:
> graham wrote:

>>> I can't imagine Parmesan being better with pears than blue cheese. I
>>> think that is one of the world's great flavour combinations.
>>>

>> I occasionally make "Hot pears with Rocquefort & Walnuts" when I have
>> guests for dinner. It's a recipe of Michel Roux Jnr.
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B100Bz3yfrk
>>
>> 2 ripe pears, Williams or Passe-Crassane
>> 120g Roquefort cheese, crumbled into pieces
>> 60g walnuts, roughly chopped
>> 1 tbsp crème fraîche
>> 1 tbsp port
>> 1 spring onion, sliced
>> Salt and peppe

> melted blue cheese of any kind is a massive
> travesty in my book.

Several corporate restaurant chains and others offer blue cheese on burgers. But, I agree. I like a burger with bun hot off the grill but then I like the cheese cold (like the mayo, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and onion).
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/8/20 10:20 am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
> good stuff right from Italy?Â* So I did.
>
> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma?Â* So she did.
>
> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>
> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
> couple of other goodies.Â* That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
> it was really good.
>
> This is where we got it from.
> https://www.parmashop.com/english
>
> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

There is one cheese I will never get in future,What ever they change
COON cheese into or any from that company,They are virtually saying that
the founder Mr Coon has a disgusting name and they are going to remove
it ,I hope they go broke.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

F Murtz wrote:

> There is one cheese I will never get in future,What ever they change
> COON cheese into or any from that company,They are virtually saying that
> the founder Mr Coon has a disgusting name and they are going to remove
> it ,I hope they go broke.

No worries. If their cheese isn't good, they *will* go out of
business.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 19:03:18 +1000, F Murtz >
wrote:

>On 2/8/20 10:20 am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
>> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>
>> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
>> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
>> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
>> good stuff right from Italy?Â* So I did.
>>
>> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
>> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma?Â* So she did.
>>
>> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
>> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>
>> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
>> couple of other goodies.Â* That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
>> it was really good.
>>
>> This is where we got it from.
>> https://www.parmashop.com/english
>>
>> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

>There is one cheese I will never get in future,What ever they change
>COON cheese into or any from that company,They are virtually saying that
>the founder Mr Coon has a disgusting name and they are going to remove
>it ,I hope they go broke.

We, in the western world, live under a politically correct
dictatorship. Imagine if your name was Blackie.
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Blackie>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 04 Aug 2020 05:10:59 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>F Murtz wrote:
>>
>> There is one cheese I will never get in future,What ever they change
>> COON cheese into or any from that company,They are virtually saying that
>> the founder Mr Coon has a disgusting name and they are going to remove
>> it ,I hope they go broke.

>No worries. If their cheese isn't good, they *will* go out of
>business.

It's run of the mill supermarket cheese.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

But, most of the people I've met or heard of named blackie are white. One was black, though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/4/2020 2:03 AM, F Murtz wrote:
> On 2/8/20 10:20 am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
>> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>
>> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
>> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
>> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
>> good stuff right from Italy?Â* So I did.
>>
>> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
>> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma?Â* So she did.
>>
>> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
>> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>
>> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
>> couple of other goodies.Â* That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
>> it was really good.
>>
>> This is where we got it from.
>> https://www.parmashop.com/english
>>
>> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

> There is one cheese I will never get in future,What ever they change
> COON cheese into or any from that company,They are virtually saying that
> the founder Mr Coon has a disgusting name and they are going to remove
> it ,I hope they go broke.

I wonder if there is a Mrs. Toe selling jam somewhere.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/8/20 7:16 pm, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 19:03:18 +1000, F Murtz >
> wrote:
>
>> On 2/8/20 10:20 am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
>>> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>>
>>> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
>>> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
>>> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
>>> good stuff right from Italy?Â* So I did.
>>>
>>> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
>>> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma?Â* So she did.
>>>
>>> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
>>> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>>
>>> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
>>> couple of other goodies.Â* That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
>>> it was really good.
>>>
>>> This is where we got it from.
>>> https://www.parmashop.com/english
>>>
>>> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

>> There is one cheese I will never get in future,What ever they change
>> COON cheese into or any from that company,They are virtually saying that
>> the founder Mr Coon has a disgusting name and they are going to remove
>> it ,I hope they go broke.

> We, in the western world, live under a politically correct
> dictatorship. Imagine if your name was Blackie.
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Blackie>

I know people with the name Blackie and they have no problem with it and
I have never heard any comments about it, Maybe Americans are different
(Coon cheese is a well loved cheese in Australia and changing the name
is disgusting

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/8/20 8:25 am, Taxed and Spent wrote:
> On 8/4/2020 2:03 AM, F Murtz wrote:
>> On 2/8/20 10:20 am, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> Lost of cheese, 4 kg actually.
>>> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>>
>>> My granddaughter and I were talking about good Parmesan cheese one day.
>>> There is a market I want to take her to but with the virus, I'd rather
>>> not go. Couple of days later, I thought, why not just order some of the
>>> good stuff right from Italy?Â* So I did.
>>>
>>> About the same time, she thought, why not surprise Pop by ordering some
>>> cheese and stuff right from the shop in Parma?Â* So she did.
>>>
>>> It all showed up by UPS on Thursday
>>> https://postimg.cc/RNt8khqy
>>>
>>> Between us, we bought 4 kg of 3 and 4 year old cheese as well as a
>>> couple of other goodies.Â* That night we had Chicken Parm for dinner and
>>> it was really good.
>>>
>>> This is where we got it from.
>>> https://www.parmashop.com/english
>>>
>>> We'll be eating a lot of cheese for the next few months.

>> There is one cheese I will never get in future,What ever they change
>> COON cheese into or any from that company,They are virtually saying that
>> the founder Mr Coon has a disgusting name and they are going to remove
>> it ,I hope they go broke.
>>

> I wonder if there is a Mrs. Toe selling jam somewhere.

I had a relative named Jessie May Leake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Aug 2020 20:33:31 +1000, F Murtz >
wrote:

>On 4/8/20 7:16 pm, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 19:03:18 +1000, F Murtz >
>> wrote:

>>> There is one cheese I will never get in future,What ever they change
>>> COON cheese into or any from that company,They are virtually saying that
>>> the founder Mr Coon has a disgusting name and they are going to remove
>>> it ,I hope they go broke.

>> We, in the western world, live under a politically correct
>> dictatorship. Imagine if your name was Blackie.
>> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Blackie>
>>

>I know people with the name Blackie and they have no problem with it and
>I have never heard any comments about it, Maybe Americans are different
>(Coon cheese is a well loved cheese in Australia and changing the name
>is disgusting

Americans are always more hysterical (Oh, my Gaaaaaaaad!!!!!), but the
rest of the western world isn't far behind.