Old 01-08-2020, 12:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Got a good potato salad recipe? Share please?

I've been running through potato salad recipes this last couple weeks.
I'm looking for different approaches to this hot weather staple.
Will you share yours?
Janet US

Old 01-08-2020, 12:43 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

I love any kind of potato salad (or even a side of french fries) as long as there is a side of plenty of cut olives (with pimentos).
Old 01-08-2020, 02:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/31/2020 7:23 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

I've been running through potato salad recipes this last couple weeks.
I'm looking for different approaches to this hot weather staple.
Will you share yours?
Janet US

Ours was always simple. Potatoes boiled with jacket on. Then peeled,
cut, and dressed while a bit warm.

A bit of chopped onion, celery, bell pepper. Mayo with salt and pepper
for the dressing.

Old 01-08-2020, 04:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 1:23:12 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
I've been running through potato salad recipes this last couple weeks.
I'm looking for different approaches to this hot weather staple.
Will you share yours?
Janet US

The potato salad that I make is totally awesome. Some people think it's the best potato salad they've ever had.

https://www.justonecookbook.com/japanese-potato-salad/
Old 01-08-2020, 05:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 20:46:51 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
wrote:

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 1:23:12 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
I've been running through potato salad recipes this last couple weeks.
I'm looking for different approaches to this hot weather staple.
Will you share yours?
Janet US

The potato salad that I make is totally awesome. Some people think it's the best potato salad they've ever had.

Let me guess: they've only ever had one?

Old 01-08-2020, 06:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 1:23:12 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
I've been running through potato salad recipes this last couple weeks.
I'm looking for different approaches to this hot weather staple.
Will you share yours?
Janet US

The potato salad that I make is totally awesome. Some people think it's the best potato salad they've ever had.

Let me guess: they've only ever had one?

Yoose needs to brush up on your guessing skills.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared..._2d2-ipWScFu3E
Old 01-08-2020, 06:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 1:23:12 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
I've been running through potato salad recipes this last couple weeks.
I'm looking for different approaches to this hot weather staple.
Will you share yours?
Janet US

The potato salad that I make is totally awesome. Some people think it's the best potato salad they've ever had.

https://www.justonecookbook.com/japanese-potato-salad/

It looks good and everything tastes better with mayo. Mayo is the real
ketchup.
Old 01-08-2020, 06:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 1:23:12 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
I've been running through potato salad recipes this last couple weeks.
I'm looking for different approaches to this hot weather staple.
Will you share yours?
Janet US

The potato salad that I make is totally awesome. Some people think it's the best potato salad they've ever had.

https://www.justonecookbook.com/japanese-potato-salad/

that potato salad is quite attractive and eye catching. My mother
always had the leftover mashed potatoes for herself. She would mix
them with vinegar, chopped onion and whatever vegetable was available.
I always thought it was just a way to use leftovers but she really
enjoyed it. No Japanese descent, she was straight German background.
Apparently people across the world sometimes think alike. Thank you
for the recipe.
Janet US
Old 01-08-2020, 06:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 21:13:05 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 7/31/2020 7:23 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

I've been running through potato salad recipes this last couple weeks.
I'm looking for different approaches to this hot weather staple.
Will you share yours?
Janet US

Ours was always simple. Potatoes boiled with jacket on. Then peeled,
cut, and dressed while a bit warm.

A bit of chopped onion, celery, bell pepper. Mayo with salt and pepper
for the dressing.

Thank you, I will try it that way. I made something similar last
week. The dressing had a bit of vinegar.
Janet US

Old 01-08-2020, 06:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 31 Jul 2020 16:43:28 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I love any kind of potato salad (or even a side of french fries) as long as there is a side of plenty of cut olives (with pimentos).

what about olives in the salad?
Janet US
Old 01-08-2020, 11:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 7:23:12 PM UTC-4, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
I've been running through potato salad recipes this last couple weeks.
I'm looking for different approaches to this hot weather staple.
Will you share yours?
Janet US

Metzger's Potato Salad

2 lb potatoes
3/4 C beef stock
1/2 C minced onion
1/2 C vinegar
1/4 C oil
1 t salt
1/4 t pepper
parsley

Cook potatoes and slice. Combine all ingredients. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:08 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 7:43:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I love any kind of potato salad (or even a side of french fries) as long as there is a side of plenty of cut olives (with pimentos).

My mother and grandmother put sliced olives in their potato salad.
I find that people think that's weird, so I don't.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 01-08-2020, 11:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 1 Aug 2020 03:08:41 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Friday, July 31, 2020 at 7:43:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I love any kind of potato salad (or even a side of french fries) as long as there is a side of plenty of cut olives (with pimentos).

My mother and grandmother put sliced olives in their potato salad.
I find that people think that's weird, so I don't.

I wouldn't let "people" stop me, unless I'm married to them.
Old 01-08-2020, 11:57 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

bruce2 wrote:
I love any kind of potato salad (or even a side of french
fries) as long as there is a side of plenty of cut olives (with pimentos).

My mother and grandmother put sliced olives in their potato salad.
I find that people think that's weird, so I don't.

I wouldn't let "people" stop me, unless I'm married to them.

Why would you let a spouse stop you from eating what you
like? You can always make 2 versions.