Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default DISH TV

DISH TV Wins by Light Years. All Basic channels (180) are HD. System
has more features than we will ever use. Best part is it's half the
price of cable, saves us $104 a month.
The dish is mounted on a low post, some 4' high, dish is 25" Diam,
about the size of a large pizza, hardly noticeable. There are
packages with more channels but we'd never find time to watch them
all. Dish TV is fantastic.
We don't watch much TV... I watch Guy's triple D but mostly as a
travelogue. My wife watches those Alaskan Oil Drilling and GOLD
MINING shows, and we both like Naked and Afraid.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:04:18 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>DISH TV Wins by Light Years. All Basic channels (180) are HD. System
>has more features than we will ever use. Best part is it's half the
>price of cable, saves us $104 a month.
>The dish is mounted on a low post, some 4' high, dish is 25" Diam,
>about the size of a large pizza, hardly noticeable. There are
>packages with more channels but we'd never find time to watch them
>all. Dish TV is fantastic.
>We don't watch much TV... I watch Guy's triple D but mostly as a
>travelogue. My wife watches those Alaskan Oil Drilling and GOLD
>MINING shows, and we both like Naked and Afraid.

And what do you think of people who don't use DISH TV?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:04:18 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
>
>> DISH TV Wins by Light Years. All Basic channels (180) are HD. System
>> has more features than we will ever use. Best part is it's half the
>> price of cable, saves us $104 a month.
>> The dish is mounted on a low post, some 4' high, dish is 25" Diam,
>> about the size of a large pizza, hardly noticeable. There are
>> packages with more channels but we'd never find time to watch them
>> all. Dish TV is fantastic.
>> We don't watch much TV... I watch Guy's triple D but mostly as a
>> travelogue. My wife watches those Alaskan Oil Drilling and GOLD
>> MINING shows, and we both like Naked and Afraid.

> And what do you think of people who don't use DISH TV?

Popeye will tell you they are *FAGGOTS*

And they don't cook.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/30/2020 3:04 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> DISH TV Wins by Light Years. All Basic channels (180) are HD. System
> has more features than we will ever use. Best part is it's half the
> price of cable, saves us $104 a month.
> The dish is mounted on a low post, some 4' high, dish is 25" Diam,
> about the size of a large pizza, hardly noticeable. There are
> packages with more channels but we'd never find time to watch them
> all. Dish TV is fantastic.
> We don't watch much TV... I watch Guy's triple D but mostly as a
> travelogue. My wife watches those Alaskan Oil Drilling and GOLD
> MINING shows, and we both like Naked and Afraid.

So, that is like a large pizza with too many toppings. How do you feel
about that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>DISH TV Wins by Light Years. All Basic channels (180) are HD. System
>has more features than we will ever use. Best part is it's half the
>price of cable, saves us $104 a month.
>The dish is mounted on a low post, some 4' high, dish is 25" Diam,
>about the size of a large pizza, hardly noticeable. There are
>packages with more channels but we'd never find time to watch them
>all. Dish TV is fantastic.
>We don't watch much TV... I watch Guy's triple D but mostly as a
>travelogue. My wife watches those Alaskan Oil Drilling and GOLD
>MINING shows, and we both like Naked and Afraid.

ya know what is even cheaper than that? Antenna TV with a roku box.
You can still watch shows on ABC NBC CBS FOX CNN and I dont know many
many others all for free. Then you get yourself a netflix or amazon
account both together will cost you about 30 bucks a month and the
roku box (USB stick) will cost you a one time payment of 20 or 30 and
you get A LOT of free channels (with commercials) you still get all
the major networks! there is even the sci fi channel and the history
channel .. You are really wasting money paying for tv.

I have about 150 channels via pluto (free on roku) and I have about
10,000 movies to watch on free movie sites all through roku

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 3:11:40 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:04:18 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:
>
> >DISH TV Wins by Light Years. All Basic channels (180) are HD. System
> >has more features than we will ever use. Best part is it's half the
> >price of cable, saves us $104 a month.
> >The dish is mounted on a low post, some 4' high, dish is 25" Diam,
> >about the size of a large pizza, hardly noticeable. There are
> >packages with more channels but we'd never find time to watch them
> >all. Dish TV is fantastic.
> >We don't watch much TV... I watch Guy's triple D but mostly as a
> >travelogue. My wife watches those Alaskan Oil Drilling and GOLD
> >MINING shows, and we both like Naked and Afraid.

> ya know what is even cheaper than that? Antenna TV with a roku box.
> You can still watch shows on ABC NBC CBS FOX CNN and I dont know many
> many others all for free. Then you get yourself a netflix or amazon
> account both together will cost you about 30 bucks a month and the
> roku box (USB stick) will cost you a one time payment of 20 or 30 and
> you get A LOT of free channels (with commercials) you still get all
> the major networks! there is even the sci fi channel and the history
> channel .. You are really wasting money paying for tv.
>
> I have about 150 channels via pluto (free on roku) and I have about
> 10,000 movies to watch on free movie sites all through roku
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

For some reason, we aren't able to get digital broadcast through an antenna on this rock. I'm sure the local TV stations are broadcasting but we get nothing. These days we have smart TVs and stream programs. It works just swell. I was watching the original Star Trek on the HD TV - just for laughs. I never cared for that cheesy series. Amazingly, it looks totally different in HD. It has that smooth, non-grainy, look of film. Very cool! Of course, that don't mean I'm going to be binge watching Star Trek.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 3:11:40 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:04:18 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> DISH TV Wins by Light Years. All Basic channels (180) are HD. System
>>> has more features than we will ever use. Best part is it's half the
>>> price of cable, saves us $104 a month.
>>> The dish is mounted on a low post, some 4' high, dish is 25" Diam,
>>> about the size of a large pizza, hardly noticeable. There are
>>> packages with more channels but we'd never find time to watch them
>>> all. Dish TV is fantastic.
>>> We don't watch much TV... I watch Guy's triple D but mostly as a
>>> travelogue. My wife watches those Alaskan Oil Drilling and GOLD
>>> MINING shows, and we both like Naked and Afraid.

>> ya know what is even cheaper than that? Antenna TV with a roku box.
>> You can still watch shows on ABC NBC CBS FOX CNN and I dont know many
>> many others all for free. Then you get yourself a netflix or amazon
>> account both together will cost you about 30 bucks a month and the
>> roku box (USB stick) will cost you a one time payment of 20 or 30 and
>> you get A LOT of free channels (with commercials) you still get all
>> the major networks! there is even the sci fi channel and the history
>> channel .. You are really wasting money paying for tv.
>>
>> I have about 150 channels via pluto (free on roku) and I have about
>> 10,000 movies to watch on free movie sites all through roku
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> For some reason, we aren't able to get digital broadcast through an antenna on this rock. I'm sure the local TV stations are broadcasting but we get nothing. These days we have smart TVs and stream programs. It works just swell. I was watching the original Star Trek on the HD TV - just for laughs. I never cared for that cheesy series. Amazingly, it looks totally different in HD. It has that smooth, non-grainy, look of film. Very cool! Of course, that don't mean I'm going to be binge watching Star Trek.

The Jetsons would be more to your liking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:40:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 3:11:40 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:04:18 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >DISH TV Wins by Light Years. All Basic channels (180) are HD. System
>> >has more features than we will ever use. Best part is it's half the
>> >price of cable, saves us $104 a month.
>> >The dish is mounted on a low post, some 4' high, dish is 25" Diam,
>> >about the size of a large pizza, hardly noticeable. There are
>> >packages with more channels but we'd never find time to watch them
>> >all. Dish TV is fantastic.
>> >We don't watch much TV... I watch Guy's triple D but mostly as a
>> >travelogue. My wife watches those Alaskan Oil Drilling and GOLD
>> >MINING shows, and we both like Naked and Afraid.

>> ya know what is even cheaper than that? Antenna TV with a roku box.
>> You can still watch shows on ABC NBC CBS FOX CNN and I dont know many
>> many others all for free. Then you get yourself a netflix or amazon
>> account both together will cost you about 30 bucks a month and the
>> roku box (USB stick) will cost you a one time payment of 20 or 30 and
>> you get A LOT of free channels (with commercials) you still get all
>> the major networks! there is even the sci fi channel and the history
>> channel .. You are really wasting money paying for tv.
>>
>> I have about 150 channels via pluto (free on roku) and I have about
>> 10,000 movies to watch on free movie sites all through roku
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>For some reason, we aren't able to get digital broadcast through an antenna on this rock. I'm sure the local TV stations are broadcasting but we get nothing. These days we have smart TVs and stream programs. It works just swell. I was watching the original Star Trek on the HD TV - just for laughs. I never cared for that cheesy series. Amazingly, it looks totally different in HD. It has that smooth, non-grainy, look of film. Very cool! Of course, that don't mean I'm going to be binge watching Star Trek.

if you want to receive digital broadcasts you need a digital antenna
and supporting tv. The roku comes through the internet. The only think
you really need an antenna for is the local news.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 5:47:26 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:40:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 3:11:40 PM UTC-10, wrote:

> >> ya know what is even cheaper than that? Antenna TV with a roku box.
> >> You can still watch shows on ABC NBC CBS FOX CNN and I dont know many
> >> many others all for free. Then you get yourself a netflix or amazon
> >> account both together will cost you about 30 bucks a month and the
> >> roku box (USB stick) will cost you a one time payment of 20 or 30 and
> >> you get A LOT of free channels (with commercials) you still get all
> >> the major networks! there is even the sci fi channel and the history
> >> channel .. You are really wasting money paying for tv.
> >>
> >> I have about 150 channels via pluto (free on roku) and I have about
> >> 10,000 movies to watch on free movie sites all through roku
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> >For some reason, we aren't able to get digital broadcast through an antenna on this rock. I'm sure the local TV stations are broadcasting but we get nothing. These days we have smart TVs and stream programs. It works just swell. I was watching the original Star Trek on the HD TV - just for laughs.. I never cared for that cheesy series. Amazingly, it looks totally different in HD. It has that smooth, non-grainy, look of film. Very cool! Of course, that don't mean I'm going to be binge watching Star Trek.

> if you want to receive digital broadcasts you need a digital antenna
> and supporting tv. The roku comes through the internet. The only think
> you really need an antenna for is the local news.
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Indeed I did use a small digital antenna. There's nothing on air. A likely reason is a giant wall of rock shielding our line of sight to the central spine of Oahu.

I've been trying to get my OCD Chinese friend to check out Pluto TV but he no like because he's OCD. My guess is that streaming live TV like the Pluto app/channel is the future of TV.

https://img-aws.ehowcdn.com/700x/cdn..._b-700x467.jpg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:40:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 3:11:40 PM UTC-10, wrote:

>>> ya know what is even cheaper than that? Antenna TV with a roku box.
>>> You can still watch shows on ABC NBC CBS FOX CNN and I dont know many
>>> many others all for free. Then you get yourself a netflix or amazon
>>> account both together will cost you about 30 bucks a month and the
>>> roku box (USB stick) will cost you a one time payment of 20 or 30 and
>>> you get A LOT of free channels (with commercials) you still get all
>>> the major networks! there is even the sci fi channel and the history
>>> channel .. You are really wasting money paying for tv.
>>>
>>> I have about 150 channels via pluto (free on roku) and I have about
>>> 10,000 movies to watch on free movie sites all through roku
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>> For some reason, we aren't able to get digital broadcast through an antenna on this rock. I'm sure the local TV stations are broadcasting but we get nothing. These days we have smart TVs and stream programs. It works just swell. I was watching the original Star Trek on the HD TV - just for laughs. I never cared for that cheesy series. Amazingly, it looks totally different in HD. It has that smooth, non-grainy, look of film. Very cool! Of course, that don't mean I'm going to be binge watching Star Trek.

> if you want to receive digital broadcasts you need a digital antenna
> and supporting tv. The roku comes through the internet. The only think
> you really need an antenna for is the local news.

I bet yoose got that from quora.

There's no such thing as a "digital" antenna, except for marketing
bullshit. The signal is analog, but with digital modulation. It
doesn't become digital until it passes through the RF, IF and
demodulator circuits.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 22:07:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 5:47:26 PM UTC-10, wrote:
>> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:40:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >For some reason, we aren't able to get digital broadcast through an antenna on this rock. I'm sure the local TV stations are broadcasting but we get nothing. These days we have smart TVs and stream programs. It works just swell. I was watching the original Star Trek on the HD TV - just for laughs. I never cared for that cheesy series. Amazingly, it looks totally different in HD. It has that smooth, non-grainy, look of film. Very cool! Of course, that don't mean I'm going to be binge watching Star Trek.

>> if you want to receive digital broadcasts you need a digital antenna
>> and supporting tv. The roku comes through the internet. The only think
>> you really need an antenna for is the local news.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

>Indeed I did use a small digital antenna. There's nothing on air. A likely reason is a giant wall of rock shielding our line of sight to the central spine of Oahu.
>
>I've been trying to get my OCD Chinese friend to check out Pluto TV but he no like because he's OCD. My guess is that streaming live TV like the Pluto app/channel is the future of TV.
>
>https://img-aws.ehowcdn.com/700x/cdn..._b-700x467.jpg

You did go into your settings and rescan the bandwidth right?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 11:10:03 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 22:07:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 5:47:26 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> >> On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 18:40:33 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

> >> if you want to receive digital broadcasts you need a digital antenna
> >> and supporting tv. The roku comes through the internet. The only think
> >> you really need an antenna for is the local news.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

> >Indeed I did use a small digital antenna. There's nothing on air. A likely reason is a giant wall of rock shielding our line of sight to the central spine of Oahu.
> >
> >I've been trying to get my OCD Chinese friend to check out Pluto TV but he no like because he's OCD. My guess is that streaming live TV like the Pluto app/channel is the future of TV.
> >
> >https://img-aws.ehowcdn.com/700x/cdn..._b-700x467.jpg

> You did go into your settings and rescan the bandwidth right?
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

That wasn't the problem. Our problem is that we don't have a line of sight to the Waianae mountain range or any broadcast antennas. There's no signal going through that wall of rock.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Da chief needs to put broadcast antennas upon the highest rock.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ahh I see Damn them rocks...

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____