FoodBanter.com

-   -   Dinner 6/29/20: Veggie "Pasties" (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/451375-dinner-6-29-20-a.html)

Silvar Beitel[_3_] 30-06-2020 02:12 PM

Dinner 6/29/20: Veggie "Pasties"

I love puff pastry. This was a SWAG that worked out well.

Filling: Potatoes, onion, celery, red bell pepper, sauteed in a bit of butter just to brown the edges a bit and left to cool. Then some goat cheese, Italian herb blend, and an egg, mixed together then stirred into the veggies.

Filling globbed onto squares of puff pastry, folded over, sealed, pricked, and baked at 400 degrees F for ~20 minutes.

Photos: <https://photos.app.goo.gl/vBqYwQHfSxK1uoq78>

--
Silvar Beitel

Silvar Beitel[_3_] 30-06-2020 03:18 PM

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 9:12:51 AM UTC-4, I wrote:
> I love puff pastry. This was a SWAG that worked out well.
>
> Filling: Potatoes, onion, celery, red bell pepper,

Oops. Forgot zucchini. And some black pepper.

--
Silvar Beitel

Silvar Beitel[_3_] 30-06-2020 03:58 PM

Dinner 6/29/20: Veggie "Pasties"

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 9:12:51 AM UTC-4, I wrote:

> Dinner last night:
> Photos: <https://photos.app.goo.gl/vBqYwQHfSxK1uoq78>

One more thing: The Pepperidge Farm website is chock full of yummy recipes that use puff pastry. That "Salmon with Cucumber-Dill Cream Napoleons" recipe that comes up on the home page is fantastic.

https://www.puffpastry.com/

--
Silvar Beitel

Ophelia[_7_] 01-07-2020 07:42 PM

"Silvar Beitel" wrote in message

I love puff pastry. This was a SWAG that worked out well.

Filling: Potatoes, onion, celery, red bell pepper, sauteed in a bit of
butter just to brown the edges a bit and left to cool. Then some goat
cheese, Italian herb blend, and an egg, mixed together then stirred into the
veggies.

Filling globbed onto squares of puff pastry, folded over, sealed, pricked,
and baked at 400 degrees F for ~20 minutes.

Photos: <https://photos.app.goo.gl/vBqYwQHfSxK1uoq78>

Silvar Beitel

=====

That looks/sounds really nice!! I think I will save that:))

Silvar Beitel[_3_] 02-07-2020 11:49 PM

On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 9:12:51 AM UTC-4, Silvar Beitel wrote:
> I love puff pastry. This was a SWAG that worked out well.
>
> Filling: Potatoes, onion, celery, red bell pepper, sauteed in a bit of butter just to brown the edges a bit and left to cool. Then some goat cheese, Italian herb blend, and an egg, mixed together then stirred into the veggies.
>
> Filling globbed onto squares of puff pastry, folded over, sealed, pricked, and baked at 400 degrees F for ~20 minutes.
>
> Photos: <https://photos.app.goo.gl/vBqYwQHfSxK1uoq78>
>
> --
> Silvar Beitel

I ended up with more filling than I needed for 4 squares worth of puff pastry "pasties." So, last night, I tossed the excess filling with some cubed stale bread and a can of cheapo snow crab meat and a bit of milk and baked it as a small casserole. It was pretty good, IIDSSM. A little green salad with balsamic vinegar and we were all set.

The frugal me loves turning leftovers into new(ish) meals.

--
Silvar Beitel