Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My ongoing pizza trouble

https://stanislaus.com/scratch-produ...d-pizza-sauce/ It only comes in big cans, but you can bag and freeze. It's considered the gold standard.

> --
> Daniel

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 17, 2020 at 9:35:11 PM UTC-4, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 3:53:27 AM UTC-5, Daniel wrote:
> > Ed Pawlowski > writes:

> > > How long do you heat up the stone? I always gave it 20 to 30
> > > minutes. Bottom rack. Could your sauce be making your crust too wet
> > > before it bakes?

> > Speaking of sauces. Does anyone have a tried and true red pizza sauce
> > recipe? I just wing it with canned tomato sauce, herbs, salt, pepper, sugar.

> https://stanislaus.com/scratch-produ...d-pizza-sauce/ It only comes in big cans, but you can bag and freeze. It's considered the gold standard.

It's just tomatoes. I can get a can of tomatoes anywhere.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

in nyc, the only stone are used for brick oven pizza
otherwise its just on a pan when they use stove, there arre 3-4 pizza shops per mile in nyc

On Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 8:46:41 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 11:47:28 +0100, Janet > wrote:

> >> How long do you heat up the stone? I always gave it 20 to 30 minutes.
> >> Bottom rack. Could your sauce be making your crust too wet before it
> >> bakes?

> > Forget the stone, its just a fancy folderol.

> 'Zactly! Pizza stones are just an added expense for those who know
> zero about cooking. As soon as a raw cold pizza is placed on a heated
> stone it's temperature drops signicantly into the COLD zone and a home
> oven can't reheat it for at least 10 minutes. Most pizzarias with
> real pizza ovens use perforated pizza pans for baking and that's what
> I've been using for some 40 years. The pizza in the perforated pan
> should be set to serve in its matching deep dish pan to prevent
> condensation at the bottom of the pizza. When a hot from the oven
> pizza is set on a solid metal serving pan or in a cardboard pizza box
> condensation occurs removing the crispness of the pizza crust.
> A real modern pizza oven has electric elements embedded inside the
> stone bottom or they use the original style oven with the flames from
> wood/coal/gas licking the bottom of the fire bricks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 12:50:39 PM UTC-5, Rachel Phillips wrote:

> in nyc, the only stone are used for brick oven pizza
> otherwise its just on a pan when they use stove, there arre 3-4 pizza shops per mile in nyc
>
> On Saturday, June 20, 2020 at 8:46:41 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> > On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 11:47:28 +0100, Janet > wrote:
> >
> > >In article >, says...

> > > Forget the stone, its just a fancy folderol.

> > 'Zactly! Pizza stones are just an added expense for those who know
> > zero about cooking. As soon as a raw cold pizza is placed on a heated
> > stone it's temperature drops signicantly into the COLD zone and a home
> > oven can't reheat it for at least 10 minutes. Most pizzarias with
> > real pizza ovens use perforated pizza pans for baking and that's what
> > I've been using for some 40 years. The pizza in the perforated pan
> > should be set to serve in its matching deep dish pan to prevent
> > condensation at the bottom of the pizza. When a hot from the oven
> > pizza is set on a solid metal serving pan or in a cardboard pizza box
> > condensation occurs removing the crispness of the pizza crust.
> > A real modern pizza oven has electric elements embedded inside the
> > stone bottom or they use the original style oven with the flames from
> > wood/coal/gas licking the bottom of the fire bricks.

Oh great. A top poster and a top poster that does not know how to trim
the post they are replying to.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 01:48 18 Jul 2020, graham said:

> On 2020-07-17 6:27 p.m., Mike Duffy wrote:
>> On Sat, 18 Jul 2020 00:36:20 +0100, Pamela wrote:
>>
>>> [...] pide or lahmacun rather than a pizza?

>> Thanks for the two culinary terms. Pizza appears to be a lot of overlap
>> with respect to the primary ingredients of both.
>>

> I received an e-mail from "Bake From Scratch" today with pizza recipes.
> Here they a
> https://tinyurl.com/y3r6yblb

Good work.

> https://tinyurl.com/y4cm49l8
>
> https://tinyurl.com/y5wutggg

Interesting.

> https://tinyurl.com/y695nm96
>
> https://tinyurl.com/y3nzfx5g
>
> https://tinyurl.com/y533ztmx
>
> https://tinyurl.com/yyfnkvmw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

https://preview.tinyurl.com/y7lymcs5

>> Janet UK
>>

> This is priceless!

Truly amazing. Do you know what caused all that?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 11:59:25 +0100, Pamela wrote:

> Truly amazing. Do you know what caused all that?

Probably someone going out of his/her way to try to get others to resume
or replay an old vendetta. Trolling at it's finest, Pamela.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 19 Jun 2020 14:05:54 -0700 (PDT), Thomas >
wrote:

>Using 00 flour, making thin pies.
>Cuisinart stone in oven. Whether 550 deg or 450 i cannot get crust to nicley brown before burning top.
>I tried up top in oven and down low.
>I tried low then opening oven door to let top heat out.
>The pies are really good but could be better.
>What do I need to do to get the crust better?

If you want an incredibly simple and delicious pizza then have a look
at this recipe.
https://www.quora.com/q/gilkofflvxsy...zza-last-night

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 13:50:48 -0000 (UTC), Mike Duffy
> wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 11:59:25 +0100, Pamela wrote:
>
>> Truly amazing. Do you know what caused all that?

>Probably someone going out of his/her way to try to get others to resume
>or replay an old vendetta. Trolling at it's finest, Pamela.

Bingo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 14:50 26 Jul 2020, Mike Duffy said:

> On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 11:59:25 +0100, Pamela wrote:
>
>> Truly amazing. Do you know what caused all that?

> Probably someone going out of his/her way to try to get others to resume
> or replay an old vendetta. Trolling at it's finest, Pamela.

I didn't read it as trolling but more of a crazed out of control outburst.

As you replied, I Googled to see the background. Seems alt.fan.scarecrow
thought of this matter that "There is nothing more lovely than the threats of
legal kookery" but little more.

It's a pity Google Groups doesn't now work as well as Deja News did before
they took them over or we could see more context.

By the way, after all that trouble you had getting X-Face to work on Eternal
September, why don't you use it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 16:14:45 +0100, Pamela wrote:

> By the way, after all that trouble you had getting X-Face to work on
> Eternal September, why don't you use it?

Some technical glitch. I can make it work with other news servers or
other news clients. I prefer pan for more important reasons. The
consensus in the ES support group is that it's free, so I shouldn't
expect anyone to do very much about fixing it, given that it is
essentially a cosmetic vanity.

Have you been stalking me there? It seems like a tad of digging into
posts over two months old.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 23:23 27 Jul 2020, Mike Duffy said:

> On Mon, 27 Jul 2020 16:14:45 +0100, Pamela wrote:
>
>> By the way, after all that trouble you had getting X-Face to work on
>> Eternal September, why don't you use it?

> Some technical glitch. I can make it work with other news servers or
> other news clients. I prefer pan for more important reasons. The
> consensus in the ES support group is that it's free, so I shouldn't
> expect anyone to do very much about fixing it, given that it is
> essentially a cosmetic vanity.
>
> Have you been stalking me there? It seems like a tad of digging into
> posts over two months old.

You haven't been here for a while for me to mention it.

Reading eternal-september.support is open to everybody. You seemed to be
rather overthinking it in that thread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:14:25 +0100, Pamela wrote:

> You haven't been here for a while for me to mention it.

I just checked, and the past 3 weeks I posted about 40 messages.
That's about 2 per day, with a max of 4 days 'absence' last week.

Notwithstanding those here who feel compelled to follow-up to every post,
you should not forget that most people read much more posts than they
write.

> You seemed to be rather overthinking it in that thread.

Well, I had already pretty much embarked on the whole affair with the
idea that my complaint would be addressed only if someone at ES knew
enough of the technical matters to know that a fix or work-around could
be done with minimum effort. I was thus 'overloading' my side of the
dialogue with as much testing & other legwork as seemed reasonable in
order that someone might be able to suggest a quick fix.

Perhaps I should ask Steve for help. I seem to recall that he has a
somewhat special rapport with the guy who runs ES.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02:07 29 Jul 2020, Mike Duffy said:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2020 14:14:25 +0100, Pamela wrote:
>>
>> You haven't been here for a while for me to mention it.

> I just checked, and the past 3 weeks I posted about 40 messages.
> That's about 2 per day, with a max of 4 days 'absence' last week.
>
> Notwithstanding those here who feel compelled to follow-up to every post,
> you should not forget that most people read much more posts than they
> write.

You may find it surprising but I don't notice every post you make. It also
may be that I don't visit here on a regular basis and saw your note on an
occassion when I did. I don't think it's a moral issue that you receive a
reply after a couple of weeks.

>> You seemed to be rather overthinking it in that thread.

> Well, I had already pretty much embarked on the whole affair with the
> idea that my complaint would be addressed only if someone at ES knew
> enough of the technical matters to know that a fix or work-around could
> be done with minimum effort. I was thus 'overloading' my side of the
> dialogue with as much testing & other legwork as seemed reasonable in
> order that someone might be able to suggest a quick fix.
>
> Perhaps I should ask Steve for help. I seem to recall that he has a
> somewhat special rapport with the guy who runs ES.

Worked for me in my post higher up this thread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Jul 2020 11:53:46 +0100, Pamela wrote:

> I don't think it's a moral issue that you
> receive a reply after a couple of weeks.

True. But you are the only one that seems to drag up old posts. As you
say, this might be just an artifact of your relatively sporadic Usenet
access.

Whenever I am 'away' for more than a week or so, I start by flushing all
posts. That way, I don't get into stuff that has already been (over)-
discussed.

> Worked for me in my post higher up this thread.

What? You asked Steve for help and he provided it?

I'm afraid I missed that. I'll believe you though. (No need to drag up
the post.)

To the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba in reference to ongoing investigations SAVE MY MOM - John Kinal pleads for justice.. please help tell t General Cooking 2 28-02-2016 09:59 PM
As part of its ongoing efforts to help elevate the coffee industry in Chinas Yunnan Province, Starbucks Coffee Company (NASDAQ: SBUX) announced that it has signed an agreement to form a joint-venture company with Ai Ni Group, one of the province€ `.@...' Coffee 0 11-02-2012 08:53 PM
BIG Trouble Brooklyn1 General Cooking 1 08-05-2011 01:24 PM
The Ongoing Saga of Rex Goliath Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 20-08-2007 08:01 PM
Too much trouble Brian Christiansen General Cooking 22 06-06-2006 09:42 PM