Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 8 lb pork shoulder for the weekend

I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
"tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.

Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
tomorrow.

It rained all day but life is still good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex > wrote:

>I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
>Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
>"tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
>gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
>of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>
>Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
>year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
>refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
>tomorrow.
>
>It rained all day but life is still good!

Congratulations on a post that's not about John.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex > wrote:
>
>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
>> Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
>> "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
>> gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
>> of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>
>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
>> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
>> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> It rained all day but life is still good!

> Congratulations on a post that's not about John.

Congratulations on your 10 minute reply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alex > wrote:
> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
> Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
> "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
> gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
> of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.

I don't have a smoker but still use one of those remote thermometers just for
the oven. Changes the whole game for cooking stuff low and slow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alex wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex > wrote:
>>
>>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm
>>> in the Big
>>> Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up
>>> twice to
>>> "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their
>>> weight in
>>> gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original
>>> with a dash
>>> of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>>
>>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught
>>> last
>>> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
>>> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
>>> tomorrow.
>>>
>>> It rained all day but life is still good!

>> Congratulations on a post that's not about John.

> Congratulations on your 10 minute reply.

!0 min? more like 10 sec.

Relax, druce just wants to sniff you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Alex wrote:

> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
> Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
> "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
> gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
> of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.

Super...

> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
> tomorrow.
>
> It rained all day but life is still good!

****in' "A"...yes it is...!!!

I like the smoked fish thang...I grew up by the Mississippi River and we had lotsa smoked fish - sturgeon was the best, the fishermen caught it and at the fish market it would be put into big tanks refreshed with cold fresh water for awhiles and fed cornmeal to rid of impurities...those fish, especially catfish, were filthy bottom feeders...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2020 11:43:15 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Alex wrote:
>
>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
>> Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
>> "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
>> gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
>> of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.

>Super...
>

>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
>> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
>> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> It rained all day but life is still good!

>****in' "A"...yes it is...!!!
>
>I like the smoked fish thang...I grew up by the Mississippi River and we had lotsa smoked fish - sturgeon was the best, the fishermen caught it and at the fish market it would be put into big tanks refreshed with cold fresh water for awhiles and fed cornmeal to rid of impurities...those fish, especially catfish, were filthy bottom feeders...

I grew up on Lake Michigan and we had lot of smoked fish, white fish,
chub. Good stuff.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2020 11:03:50 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex wrote:
>
>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
>> Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
>> "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
>> gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
>> of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>
>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
>> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
>> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> It rained all day but life is still good!

>14 hours is too long. You can turn out just as good better at 7-10
>hours.
>
>-sw

No way a dwarf size hog.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Alex wrote:

> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the
> Big Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up
> twice to "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their
> weight in gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's
> Original with a dash of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>
> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
> tomorrow.
>
> It rained all day but life is still good!

Sounds excellent Alex!

My minor quibble would be to leave out the lemon juice but that's just
me. I might have added just a dash or so of sweet cane vinegar to that
one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 25 May 2020 15:37:48 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Alex wrote:
>
>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the
>> Big Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up
>> twice to "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their
>> weight in gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's
>> Original with a dash of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>
>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
>> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
>> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> It rained all day but life is still good!

>Sounds excellent Alex!
>
>My minor quibble would be to leave out the lemon juice but that's just
>me. I might have added just a dash or so of sweet cane vinegar to that
>one.

A very subtle touch, I dare say.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex wrote:
>
> > I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in
> > the Big Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to
> > get up twice to "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are
> > worth their weight in gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby
> > Ray's Original with a dash of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
> >
> > Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught
> > last year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in
> > the refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish
> > dip tomorrow.
> >
> > It rained all day but life is still good!

> 14 hours is too long. You can turn out just as good better at 7-10
> hours.
>
> -sw

I think it depends on the cooking device and temperature used.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/25/2020 1:40 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex wrote:
>>
>>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in
>>> the Big Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to
>>> get up twice to "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are
>>> worth their weight in gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby
>>> Ray's Original with a dash of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>>
>>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught
>>> last year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in
>>> the refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish
>>> dip tomorrow.
>>>
>>> It rained all day but life is still good!

>> 14 hours is too long. You can turn out just as good better at 7-10
>> hours.
>>
>> -sw

> I think it depends on the cooking device and temperature used.

Yes, but since sw is always right, 14 hours is correct. May need to
throw out the cooking device and get something to fit the correct 14
hours though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Taxed and Spent" wrote in message ...

On 5/25/2020 1:40 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex wrote:
>>
>>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight. Started it at 9pm in
>>> the Big Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later. I only had to
>>> get up twice to "tune" the Egg. Remote smoking thermometers are
>>> worth their weight in gold! We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby
>>> Ray's Original with a dash of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>>
>>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught
>>> last year and smoked that, too, for three hours. It's resting in
>>> the refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish
>>> dip tomorrow.
>>>
>>> It rained all day but life is still good!

>> 14 hours is too long. You can turn out just as good better at 7-10
>> hours.
>>
>> -sw

> I think it depends on the cooking device and temperature used.

Yes, but since sw is always right, 14 hours is correct. May need to
throw out the cooking device and get something to fit the correct 14
hours though.

==

<g>

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, May 25, 2020 at 4:37:55 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>
> > I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the
> > Big Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up
> > twice to "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their
> > weight in gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's
> > Original with a dash of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.

> My minor quibble would be to leave out the lemon juice but that's just
> me. I might have added just a dash or so of sweet cane vinegar to that
> one.

Tastes vary. My barbecue sauce uses, for each cup of catsup, 1/8 cup
lemon juice and 1/8 cup cider vinegar (plus other flavorings, of course).
Some of that acid is driven off as the sauce cooks down, but it still
ends up plenty tangy.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2020 15:27:56 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Mon, 25 May 2020 13:59:18 -0700, Taxed and Spent wrote:

>>> I think it depends on the cooking device and temperature used.
>>>

>> Yes, but since sw is always right, 14 hours is correct. May need to
>> throw out the cooking device and get something to fit the correct 14
>> hours though.

>Oh, look, I made a new kook! You just couldn't stay away, eh?
>
>I know Alex and I'm sure she took it the right way.

Alex is a she? John Kuthe's stalker is a she?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/25/2020 4:40 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex wrote:
>>
>>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in
>>> the Big Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to
>>> get up twice to "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are
>>> worth their weight in gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby
>>> Ray's Original with a dash of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>>
>>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught
>>> last year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in
>>> the refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish
>>> dip tomorrow.
>>>
>>> It rained all day but life is still good!

>> 14 hours is too long. You can turn out just as good better at 7-10
>> hours.
>>
>> -sw

> I think it depends on the cooking device and temperature used.

Big Green Egg was the device. No idea of the temperature.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ben Oliver wrote:
> Alex > wrote:
>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
>> Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
>> "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
>> gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
>> of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>

> I don't have a smoker but still use one of those remote thermometers just for
> the oven. Changes the whole game for cooking stuff low and slow.

They are a must-have for overnight cooks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex wrote:
>
>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
>> Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
>> "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
>> gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
>> of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>
>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
>> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
>> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> It rained all day but life is still good!

> 14 hours is too long. You can turn out just as good better at 7-10
> hours.
>
> -sw

You're from Texas.* What do you know about BBQ?

Do you do the four hour in the pit and finish in the oven thing?* I had
to do that once when I ran out of charcoal (real charcoal - not
briquettes).* It was fine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

GM wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>
>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
>> Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
>> "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
>> gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
>> of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.

> Super...
>

>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
>> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
>> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> It rained all day but life is still good!

> ****in' "A"...yes it is...!!!
>
> I like the smoked fish thang...I grew up by the Mississippi River and we had lotsa smoked fish - sturgeon was the best, the fishermen caught it and at the fish market it would be put into big tanks refreshed with cold fresh water for awhiles and fed cornmeal to rid of impurities...those fish, especially catfish, were filthy bottom feeders...

You can buy smoked carp in Lacrosse.* No thanks!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>
>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the
>> Big Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up
>> twice to "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their
>> weight in gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's
>> Original with a dash of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>
>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
>> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
>> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
>> tomorrow.
>>
>> It rained all day but life is still good!

> Sounds excellent Alex!
>
> My minor quibble would be to leave out the lemon juice but that's just
> me. I might have added just a dash or so of sweet cane vinegar to that
> one.

It's a personal preference.* I add very little.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex wrote:
>>
>>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in
>>> the Big Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to
>>> get up twice to "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are
>>> worth their weight in gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby
>>> Ray's Original with a dash of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>>
>>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught
>>> last year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in
>>> the refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish
>>> dip tomorrow.
>>>
>>> It rained all day but life is still good!

>> 14 hours is too long. You can turn out just as good better at 7-10
>> hours.
>>
>> -sw

> I think it depends on the cooking device and temperature used.

225º to 250º
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 26 May 2020 15:27:56 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

>>> Yes, but since sw is always right, 14 hours is correct. May need to
>>> throw out the cooking device and get something to fit the correct 14
>>> hours though.

>> Oh, look, I made a new kook! You just couldn't stay away, eh?
>>
>> I know Alex and I'm sure she took it the right way.

> Alex is a she? John Kuthe's stalker is a she?

What are you wearing?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2020 19:44:55 -0400, Alex > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 26 May 2020 15:27:56 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

>>> Oh, look, I made a new kook! You just couldn't stay away, eh?
>>>
>>> I know Alex and I'm sure she took it the right way.

>> Alex is a she? John Kuthe's stalker is a she?

>What are you wearing?

Are you a she? Just curious.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Bob is offline

On 5/26/2020 7:39 PM, Alex wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:46:27 -0400, Alex wrote:
>>
>>> I smoked an 8 lb+ pork shoulder overnight.* Started it at 9pm in the Big
>>> Green Egg and it was done 14 hours later.* I only had to get up twice to
>>> "tune" the Egg.* Remote smoking thermometers are worth their weight in
>>> gold!* We prefer a sauce made from Sweet Baby Ray's Original with a dash
>>> of A-1 and lemon juice for added flavor.
>>>
>>> Since the smoker was running I defrosted some kingfish I caught last
>>> year and smoked that, too, for three hours.* It's resting in the
>>> refrigerator so we can make some cream cheese-based smoked fish dip
>>> tomorrow.
>>>
>>> It rained all day but life is still good!

>> 14 hours is too long.* You can turn out just as good better at 7-10
>> hours.
>>
>> -sw

> You're from Texas.* What do you know about BBQ?
>
> Do you do the four hour in the pit and finish in the oven thing?* I had
> to do that once when I ran out of charcoal (real charcoal - not
> briquettes).* It was fine.

First hour or so is critical for the smoke. Once the meat gets to about
120 it won't absorb any more so an oven can work

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 26, 2020 at 8:04:56 PM UTC-5, Bob wrote:

> On 5/26/2020 7:39 PM, Alex wrote:
> >
> > Do you do the four hour in the pit and finish in the oven thing?* I had
> > to do that once when I ran out of charcoal (real charcoal - not
> > briquettes).* It was fine.
> >

> First hour or so is critical for the smoke. Once the meat gets to about
> 120 it won't absorb any more so an oven can work

I don't have a true smoker but I do have a Weber kettle grill. I do smoke
a seasoned Boston butt for about 2 hours or so. When I see no more smoke
coming out of the barely opened top vent then the meat goes into the oven
for about 3 hours, maybe a smidge longer at 300°. Meat is tightly wrapped
while finishing. The smoking portion is done with hickory wood chips.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 26 May 2020 21:54:55 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Tue, 26 May 2020 19:44:55 -0400, Alex wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> Alex is a she? John Kuthe's stalker is a she?

>> What are you wearing?

>Bruce is in love now.

lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 May 27, , Bruce wrote
(in >):

> Or the kid falls off the ladder, becomes a paraplegic and says: Don
> Leo told me to do it.

And theres that!

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leo" wrote in message
vidual.Net...

On 2020 May 27, , Bruce wrote
(in >):

> Or the kid falls off the ladder, becomes a paraplegic and says: Don
> Leo told me to do it.

And theres that!

leo

===

Might be safer just to buy a new one? Depends how much you like the one
you have (had)

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 May 27, , Ophelia wrote
(in article >):

> Might be safer just to buy a new one? Depends how much you like the one
> you have (had)

Not even enough to look on the rafter floor. I hadnt given it a thought
in thirty years until this thread. I wonder what else is up there? I know
the majority of my Christmas decorations are. Theyre just out of reach
without the ladder thats five feet away.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 27 May 2020 02:01:52 -0700, Leo >
wrote:

>On 2020 May 27, , Ophelia wrote
>(in article >):
>
>> Might be safer just to buy a new one? Depends how much you like the one
>> you have (had)

>Not even enough to look on the rafter floor. I hadnt given it a thought
>in thirty years until this thread. I wonder what else is up there? I know
>the majority of my Christmas decorations are. Theyre just out of reach
>without the ladder thats five feet away.

Don't you have a live-in sister-in-law?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leo" wrote in message
vidual.Net...

On 2020 May 27, , Ophelia wrote
(in article >):

> Might be safer just to buy a new one? Depends how much you like the one
> you have (had)

Not even enough to look on the rafter floor. I hadnt given it a thought
in thirty years until this thread. I wonder what else is up there? I know
the majority of my Christmas decorations are. Theyre just out of reach
without the ladder thats five feet away.

leo

===

LOL yours sounds like the loft we left last year))) This cottage has no
loft, so we had onehelluva lot to sort out))

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 May 27, , Bruce wrote
(in >):

> Don't you have a live-in sister-in-law?

Shes nearly seventy and would be more of a liability-on-a-ladder than
some random kid. Ive got it! Ill buy a lemur and a Go-Pro, chase the
lemur up the ladder and see what it sees. Easy peasy!
As I cant see owning a lemur as a pet more than using one as a tool,
does anyone have any lemur recipes?

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/27/2020 5:01 AM, Leo wrote:
> On 2020 May 27, , Ophelia wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> Might be safer just to buy a new one? Depends how much you like the one
>> you have (had)

> Not even enough to look on the rafter floor. I hadnt given it a thought
> in thirty years until this thread. I wonder what else is up there? I know
> the majority of my Christmas decorations are. Theyre just out of reach
> without the ladder thats five feet away.
>
> leo

Intentional thread drift: I have the HVAC unit serviced twice a year
(service contract, they come out and clean the unit, check everything,
replace the filters). Last Fall when the guy was here I asked the him
to hand down the boxes of Christmas crap from the attic. In one of the
boxes I found glass ornaments that are older than I am. I remember them
from my childhood. Sadly, many of them were broken. But I also found
two beautiful faux poinsettia plants in foil wrapped pots. I set them
outside on each side of the front door last holiday season. Someone was
delivering a package and commented how pretty they were. I said,
"They're fake." He was surprised. They really do look like live
plants. Thanks Mom!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 2:26:24 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> Well, either that or the kid finds your smoker and hands it to you. The kid and you then spend endless days smoking trout and bass. Twenty years down the line, you think about all the happy days and you say to yourself "That was the best five bucks I ever spent!" You write a book called "The Kid and I and the Trout." It becomes an international best seller.

Or he could head to Home Depot or Lowe's and buy another smoker.

Pork shoulder Gz Barbecue 13 08-07-2010 10:29 PM
Pork shoulder Lew/+Silat Barbecue 7 19-04-2005 04:11 AM
Pork shoulder Kurt Barbecue 3 26-12-2004 06:16 PM