FoodBanter.com

-   -   CBS Sunday Morning on baking bread during the crisis (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/451062-cbs-sunday-morning-baking.html)

[email protected] 24-05-2020 10:53 PM

CBS Sunday Morning on baking bread during the crisis

https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs-sunday.../baking-bread/

It's under 6 minutes long.

What I wonder is, how do they get those different-colored designs on the bread?

Lenona.

Boron Elgar[_1_] 25-05-2020 03:13 AM

On Sun, 24 May 2020 14:53:08 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs-sunday.../baking-bread/

>It's under 6 minutes long.
>
>What I wonder is, how do they get those different-colored designs on the bread?
>

>Lenona.

Outside of the loaf is well-floured for the last rise, often in a
banneton/brotform, then a lame or very sharp knife tip is used to cut
in the designs.

[email protected] 25-05-2020 04:19 AM

CBS Sunday Morning on baking bread during the crisis

I see. I still wonder about the colors, though.

Boron Elgar[_1_] 25-05-2020 04:44 AM

On Sun, 24 May 2020 20:19:09 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

>I see. I still wonder about the colors, though.

The floured, shallow cuts and deeper cuts crust differently and color
differently duping baking.

Beyond that, different flours can be used for different colors on the
outsides and insides and foods, themselves can be used to design,
fruits, veggies, herbs...sky's the limit.

https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/bread-art/