Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 3 or 4 meals

I got 2 rotisserie chickens from Costco day before yesterday.
The first chicken was lunch for 2 days. The remainder of that chicken
(the meat) went into a King Ranch Casserole for last night. I saved
the bones, juices and skin and froze it.
Tonight is leftover King Ranch casserole with a Black Bean Salad.
Tomorrow I will strip the meat from the second chicken and make 2
large chicken pot pies (freeze one) I'll save the skin, bones and
juices and add to the first batch of bones and make a small broth that
will become a chicken soup for the day after tomorrow.
There's bound to be something to mess up my plans.

>King Ranch Casserole Recipe
>Servings 8
>Author Mike Hultquist

>Ingredients
>" 4 tablespoons butter
>" 1/4 cup all purpose flour
>" 1 medium onion chopped
>" 1 large bell pepper chopped (I used frozen chopped, mixed color sweet peppers)
>" 4 cloves garlic chopped
>" 1 tablespoon chili powder use your favorite blend, or use Tex-Mex seasonings like ancho, pasilla and/or chipotle powders (I used chipotle powder)
>" 1 teaspoon cumin
>" salt and pepper to taste
>" 1 cup water plus 1 tablespoon or so of chicken base
>" 14 ounces fire roasted tomatoes or use a can of Rotel
>" 1 cup sour cream or Mexican crema
>" 1 pound shredded chicken cooked, I used most of rotisserie chicken from Costco
>" 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (I used pepper jack)
>" 12 corn tortillas
>" TOPPINGS: Sliced jalapeno peppers red chili flakes, fresh chopped cilantro or parsley, extra sour cream or crema
>Instructions
>" First, Make the Roux. Start by heating the oil in a large pan over medium heat (or melt the butter if using butter). Add the flour and stir until it is incorporated. Stir constantly for 10 minutes until the roux begins to turn a light brown.
>" Add the onion and peppers. Stir. Cook them down for 5 minutes to soften. The mixture will be somewhat pasty.
>" Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
>" Stir in the seasonings - chili powder, cumin, and a bit of salt and pepper.
>" Stir in the chicken broth and fire roasted tomatoes. The mixture will thicken up slightly like a chunky sauce. Cook for 5 minutes to let the flavors develop.
>" Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream or crema and cooked shredded chicken.
>" Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
>" Layer the Casserole. Set 4 tortillas into the bottom of a square casserole dish, then add a few scoops of the chicken and vegetable mixture. Add a layer of shredded cheese.
>" Repeat with two more layers of 4 tortillas, the chicken and vegetable mixture, and a final layer of shredded cheese.
>" Bake the casserole for 20-25 minutes, or until the cheese is nice and melty.
>" Remove from heat and cool slightly. Garnish with your toppings and serve!

`BLACK BEAN SALAD
5/15/13
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
Or one can black beans and one can kidney beans
Frozen corn, equal to black beans
Chopped red pepper
Chopped green pepper
Chopped onion
Chopped, seeded, fresh tomatoes
Anaheim or Jalapeno, chopped to taste
Cilantro chopped
Garlic minced
Lime juice
Salt and pepper
Maybe a smidge of cumin

Favorite Chicken Pot Pie
2 cups diced peeled potatoes
1-3/4 cups sliced carrots
1 cup butter, cubed
2/3 cup chopped onion
1 cup all-purpose flour
1-3/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
3/4 teaspoon pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1-1/2 cups whole milk
4 cups cubed cooked chicken
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
4 sheets refrigerated pie crust

Directions
Preheat oven to 425°. Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan;
add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, covered, 8-10
minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
In a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook
and stir until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended.
Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring
constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture; remove from heat.
Unroll a pie crust into each of two 9-in. pie plates; trim even with
rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining crusts; place over
filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15
minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pies. To use, remove from
freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 425°.
Place pies on baking sheets; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30
minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 70-80 minutes longer or
until crust is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads
165°.

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 May 2020 17:38:20 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>I got 2 rotisserie chickens from Costco day before yesterday.

I bet you hated them, they must have been disgusting.
Those damn precooked chickens from costco are gluten free. Yeah damn
the luck. I guess you better complain and tell them to put the gluten
back in

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
news

> [...]

Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring
constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture; remove from heat.
Unroll a pie crust into each of two 9-in. pie plates; trim even with
rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining crusts; place over
filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15
minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pies. To use, remove from
freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 425°.
Place pies on baking sheets; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30
minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 70-80 minutes longer or
until crust is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads

===

I really enjoyed seeing those recipes)) Thank you for posting them

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, 24 May 2020 00:38:29 UTC+1, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> [...]

> Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring
> constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in
> chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture; remove from heat.
> Unroll a pie crust into each of two 9-in. pie plates; trim even with
> rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining crusts; place over
> filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops.
> Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15
> minutes before cutting.
> Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pies. To use, remove from
> freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 425°..
> Place pies on baking sheets; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30
> minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 70-80 minutes longer or
> until crust is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads

Wow so different to the UK, the amount of chili scared me, is it very hot?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 5:24:06 AM UTC-4, me wrote:

> Wow so different to the UK, the amount of chili scared me, is it very hot?

It's all in what you're used to. I occasionally like sliced jalapeno on
a salad.

It might also be age-related. Aren't young people in the UK eating
spicier food nowadays?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 5:24:06 AM UTC-4, me wrote:
>
> > Wow so different to the UK, the amount of chili scared me, is it very hot?

> It's all in what you're used to. I occasionally like sliced jalapeno on
> a salad.
>
> It might also be age-related. Aren't young people in the UK eating
> spicier food nowadays?

IIRC Chicken Tikka Masala ties with Spag Bol as the UK's "National Dish"...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 03:50:11 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 5:24:06 AM UTC-4, me wrote:
>
>> Wow so different to the UK, the amount of chili scared me, is it very hot?

>It's all in what you're used to. I occasionally like sliced jalapeno on
>a salad.
>
>It might also be age-related. Aren't young people in the UK eating
>spicier food nowadays?
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I sometimes think it depends on ones individual taste buds. While I
love a hot curry I find Mexican type heat made with jalapeno's etc.
unpleasant. I also wonder if too much Mexican dulls the palate
because I am surprised at what people will add to scallops for one
because their own mild flavour is what is so nice about them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 10:10:59 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>news >
>
>I got 2 rotisserie chickens from Costco day before yesterday.
>The first chicken was lunch for 2 days. The remainder of that chicken
>(the meat) went into a King Ranch Casserole for last night. I saved
>the bones, juices and skin and froze it.
>Tonight is leftover King Ranch casserole with a Black Bean Salad.
>Tomorrow I will strip the meat from the second chicken and make 2
>large chicken pot pies (freeze one) I'll save the skin, bones and
>juices and add to the first batch of bones and make a small broth that
>will become a chicken soup for the day after tomorrow.
>There's bound to be something to mess up my plans.
>
>>King Ranch Casserole Recipe
>>Servings 8

>`BLACK BEAN SALAD
> 5/15/13

>Favorite Chicken Pot Pie

>Janet US
>
>===
>
> I really enjoyed seeing those recipes)) Thank you for posting them

You're welcome
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 02:24:03 -0700 (PDT), me >
wrote:

> [...]

>> chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture; remove from heat.
>> Unroll a pie crust into each of two 9-in. pie plates; trim even with
>> rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining crusts; place over
>> filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops.
>> Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15
>> minutes before cutting.
>> Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pies. To use, remove from
>> freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to 425°.
>> Place pies on baking sheets; cover edges loosely with foil. Bake 30
>> minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 70-80 minutes longer or
>> until crust is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads
>> 165°.
>>
>> Janet US

>Wow so different to the UK, the amount of chili scared me, is it very hot?

For you in the UK, yes. Not especially so here.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 09:07:42 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2020 03:50:11 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 5:24:06 AM UTC-4, me wrote:
>>
>>> Wow so different to the UK, the amount of chili scared me, is it very hot?

>>It's all in what you're used to. I occasionally like sliced jalapeno on
>>a salad.
>>
>>It might also be age-related. Aren't young people in the UK eating
>>spicier food nowadays?
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>I sometimes think it depends on ones individual taste buds. While I
>love a hot curry I find Mexican type heat made with jalapeno's etc.
>unpleasant. I also wonder if too much Mexican dulls the palate
>because I am surprised at what people will add to scallops for one
>because their own mild flavour is what is so nice about them.

I would never add a spicy seasoning to scallops. The flavor and mouth
feel of scallops is what makes them special.
I like to be able to 'taste' the flavor behind the spicy, not make it
so spicy that I get nothing but pain in my tongue. I didn't grow up
with spicy food.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/24/2020 2:30 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2020 02:24:03 -0700 (PDT), me >
> wrote:

>> Wow so different to the UK, the amount of chili scared me, is it very hot?

> For you in the UK, yes. Not especially so here.

Well, I don't know - the most mouth-searing food I've ever had, was in
the UK, in Szechuan and Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi eateries.

The stuff I've had in the US, hasn't come anywhere near that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 07:34:04 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2020 09:07:42 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 24 May 2020 03:50:11 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>It's all in what you're used to. I occasionally like sliced jalapeno on
>>>a salad.
>>>
>>>It might also be age-related. Aren't young people in the UK eating
>>>spicier food nowadays?
>>>
>>>Cindy Hamilton

>>I sometimes think it depends on ones individual taste buds. While I
>>love a hot curry I find Mexican type heat made with jalapeno's etc.
>>unpleasant. I also wonder if too much Mexican dulls the palate
>>because I am surprised at what people will add to scallops for one
>>because their own mild flavour is what is so nice about them.

>I would never add a spicy seasoning to scallops. The flavor and mouth
>feel of scallops is what makes them special.
>I like to be able to 'taste' the flavor behind the spicy, not make it
>so spicy that I get nothing but pain in my tongue. I didn't grow up
>with spicy food.
>Janet US

I totally agree. BTW I think those ready roasted chickens at Costco
are the best of the bunch. Every so often I buy one, cut it all up
and freeze the pieces ready for an evening I can't be bothered to cook

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> [...]

> > cook and stir until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until
> > blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil,
> > stirring constantly; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened.
> > Stir in chicken, peas, corn and potato mixture; remove from heat.
> > Unroll a pie crust into each of two 9-in. pie plates; trim even with
> > rims. Add chicken mixture. Unroll remaining crusts; place over
> > filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in tops.
> > Bake 35-40 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let stand 15
> > minutes before cutting.
> > Freeze option: Cover and freeze unbaked pies. To use, remove from
> > freezer 30 minutes before baking (do not thaw). Preheat oven to
> > 425°. Place pies on baking sheets; cover edges loosely with foil.
> > Bake 30 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 70-80 minutes
> > longer or until crust is golden brown and a thermometer inserted in

CK, Janet isn't a picky eater or GF. The recipes look good.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Sun, 24 May 2020 10:10:59 +0100, "Ophelia" >
> wrote:
>

> > "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
> > news > >
> >
> > I got 2 rotisserie chickens from Costco day before yesterday.
> > The first chicken was lunch for 2 days. The remainder of that
> > chicken (the meat) went into a King Ranch Casserole for last night.
> > I saved the bones, juices and skin and froze it.
> > Tonight is leftover King Ranch casserole with a Black Bean Salad.
> > Tomorrow I will strip the meat from the second chicken and make 2
> > large chicken pot pies (freeze one) I'll save the skin, bones and
> > juices and add to the first batch of bones and make a small broth
> > that will become a chicken soup for the day after tomorrow.
> > There's bound to be something to mess up my plans.
> >
> > > King Ranch Casserole Recipe
> > > Servings 8

> > `BLACK BEAN SALAD
> > 5/15/13

> > Favorite Chicken Pot Pie

> > Janet US
> >
> > ===
> >
> > I really enjoyed seeing those recipes)) Thank you for posting
> > them

> You're welcome

I liked them too!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 15:42:37 +0100, S Viemeister
> wrote:

>On 5/24/2020 2:30 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Sun, 24 May 2020 02:24:03 -0700 (PDT), me >
>> wrote:

>>> Wow so different to the UK, the amount of chili scared me, is it very hot?

>> For you in the UK, yes. Not especially so here.
>>

>Well, I don't know - the most mouth-searing food I've ever had, was in
>the UK, in Szechuan and Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi eateries.
>
>The stuff I've had in the US, hasn't come anywhere near that.

I got to thinking about that and decided that for some UK folks the
hot and spicy might not be a bad thing just for the reason you stated.
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 11:19:12 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 24 May 2020 10:10:59 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>> wrote:
>>

>> > "U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>> > news >> >
>> >
>> > I got 2 rotisserie chickens from Costco day before yesterday.
>> > The first chicken was lunch for 2 days. The remainder of that
>> > chicken (the meat) went into a King Ranch Casserole for last night.
>> > I saved the bones, juices and skin and froze it.
>> > Tonight is leftover King Ranch casserole with a Black Bean Salad.
>> > Tomorrow I will strip the meat from the second chicken and make 2
>> > large chicken pot pies (freeze one) I'll save the skin, bones and
>> > juices and add to the first batch of bones and make a small broth
>> > that will become a chicken soup for the day after tomorrow.
>> > There's bound to be something to mess up my plans.

>> > `BLACK BEAN SALAD
>> > 5/15/13

>> > Favorite Chicken Pot Pie

>> > Janet US
>> >
>> > ===
>> >
>> > I really enjoyed seeing those recipes)) Thank you for posting
>> > them

>> You're welcome

>I liked them too!

Glad you liked them. the rotisserie chickens are just so handy
sometimes. I've also started stopping at Albertsons on my way home
sometimes and picking up a whole fried chicken (pieces) for $5.99. It
beats buying the chicken, preparing it, cooking it. Just go with the
finished product. No muss, no fuss.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

> I got 2 rotisserie chickens from Costco day before yesterday.
> The first chicken was lunch for 2 days. The remainder of that chicken
> (the meat) went into a King Ranch Casserole for last night. I saved
> the bones, juices and skin and froze it.
> Tonight is leftover King Ranch casserole with a Black Bean Salad.
> Tomorrow I will strip the meat from the second chicken and make 2
> large chicken pot pies (freeze one) I'll save the skin, bones and
> juices and add to the first batch of bones and make a small broth that
> will become a chicken soup for the day after tomorrow.

<recipes snipped>
Sounds like the ultimate plans for 2 rotisserie chickens, Janet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:
> I would never add a spicy seasoning to scallops. The flavor and mouth
> feel of scallops is what makes them special.
> I like to be able to 'taste' the flavor behind the spicy,

I feel the same way about most seafood. Tastes so good on it's
own. Only if I have an abundance of it will I start trying
other spicier recipes. Simple can be better in many situations.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Sun, 24 May 2020 11:19:12 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >
> >> On Sun, 24 May 2020 10:10:59 +0100, "Ophelia"

> night. >> > I saved the bones, juices and skin and froze it.

> and >> > juices and add to the first batch of bones and make a small
> broth >> > that will become a chicken soup for the day after tomorrow.

> >> You're welcome

> > I liked them too!

> Glad you liked them. the rotisserie chickens are just so handy
> sometimes. I've also started stopping at Albertsons on my way home
> sometimes and picking up a whole fried chicken (pieces) for $5.99. It
> beats buying the chicken, preparing it, cooking it. Just go with the
> finished product. No muss, no fuss.
> Janet US

We are a little differnt but that's ok! We have a rotisserrie. It's
fun for us to use it. I can make your recipe with a home made version
;-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 13:17:01 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote:
>>
>> I got 2 rotisserie chickens from Costco day before yesterday.
>> The first chicken was lunch for 2 days. The remainder of that chicken
>> (the meat) went into a King Ranch Casserole for last night. I saved
>> the bones, juices and skin and froze it.
>> Tonight is leftover King Ranch casserole with a Black Bean Salad.
>> Tomorrow I will strip the meat from the second chicken and make 2
>> large chicken pot pies (freeze one) I'll save the skin, bones and
>> juices and add to the first batch of bones and make a small broth that
>> will become a chicken soup for the day after tomorrow.

><recipes snipped>
>Sounds like the ultimate plans for 2 rotisserie chickens, Janet

We buy rotisserie chicken once or twice a year typically when running
short on time to cookd, usually from Walmart, theirs are oven stufer
roasters, about 6-7 pounders, $5.99 per. Other markets sell them but
theirs are much smaller and too salty. The thing I don't like about
them is why they are so cheap is because that's how the markets
dispose of expired birds. Somehow the USDA permits that with cooked
meats.
I still prefer oven stuffer roasters that I buy prier to expiration
and that I season myself, those rotisseried at market are always too
salty... plus they are not properly cleaned; blood clots and guts
hanging inside. We eat very little whole chicken...we much prefer
skinless boneless bosoms that I make into cutlets, and not all that
often. Mostly we eat pork chops and beef that I grind myself. We
occasionally eat pork/beef roasts.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 15:43:25 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2020 13:17:01 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>"U.S. Janet B." wrote:
>>>
>>> I got 2 rotisserie chickens from Costco day before yesterday.
>>> The first chicken was lunch for 2 days. The remainder of that chicken
>>> (the meat) went into a King Ranch Casserole for last night. I saved
>>> the bones, juices and skin and froze it.
>>> Tonight is leftover King Ranch casserole with a Black Bean Salad.
>>> Tomorrow I will strip the meat from the second chicken and make 2
>>> large chicken pot pies (freeze one) I'll save the skin, bones and
>>> juices and add to the first batch of bones and make a small broth that
>>> will become a chicken soup for the day after tomorrow.

>><recipes snipped>
>>Sounds like the ultimate plans for 2 rotisserie chickens, Janet

>We buy rotisserie chicken once or twice a year typically when running
>short on time to cookd, usually from Walmart, theirs are oven stufer
>roasters, about 6-7 pounders, $5.99 per. Other markets sell them but
>theirs are much smaller and too salty. The thing I don't like about
>them is why they are so cheap is because that's how the markets
>dispose of expired birds. Somehow the USDA permits that with cooked
>meats.
>I still prefer oven stuffer roasters that I buy prier to expiration
>and that I season myself, those rotisseried at market are always too
>salty... plus they are not properly cleaned; blood clots and guts
>hanging inside. We eat very little whole chicken...we much prefer
>skinless boneless bosoms that I make into cutlets, and not all that
>often. Mostly we eat pork chops and beef that I grind myself. We
>occasionally eat pork/beef roasts.

That's funny. The walmart here sells the smallest birds in town --
about the size of my hand and they sit in this light bulb warmed box
out in the middle of traffic where little kids put their hands in.
Costco grows,slaughters, cleans, brines, and rotisseries their own
birds. Perfectly clean inside.
I only buy the best
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"U.S. Janet B." wrote in message
>news >
>
>I got 2 rotisserie chickens from Costco day before yesterday.

Chicken sounds GOOD right now, but you can keep the beans.

Found a great deal on a slightly used Nu Wave Pro Oven on Craigslist,
and the seller delivered it today, so now I'm looking for recipes for
it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 07:30:17 -0600, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>For you in the UK, yes. Not especially so here.

Chili tastes run the gammet, even here in the U.S..

I love good chili (not TOO hot), but NO beans, and with meat..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sun, 24 May 2020 15:43:25 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:

>>> <recipes snipped>
>>> Sounds like the ultimate plans for 2 rotisserie chickens, Janet

>> We buy rotisserie chicken once or twice a year typically when running
>> short on time to cookd, usually from Walmart, theirs are oven stufer
>> roasters, about 6-7 pounders, $5.99 per. Other markets sell them but
>> theirs are much smaller and too salty. The thing I don't like about
>> them is why they are so cheap is because that's how the markets
>> dispose of expired birds. Somehow the USDA permits that with cooked
>> meats.
>> I still prefer oven stuffer roasters that I buy prier to expiration
>> and that I season myself, those rotisseried at market are always too
>> salty... plus they are not properly cleaned; blood clots and guts
>> hanging inside. We eat very little whole chicken...we much prefer
>> skinless boneless bosoms that I make into cutlets, and not all that
>> often. Mostly we eat pork chops and beef that I grind myself. We
>> occasionally eat pork/beef roasts.

> That's funny. The walmart here sells the smallest birds in town --
> about the size of my hand and they sit in this light bulb warmed box
> out in the middle of traffic where little kids put their hands in.
> Costco grows,slaughters, cleans, brines, and rotisseries their own
> birds. Perfectly clean inside.
> I only buy the best
> Janet US

They get out the birds with big tits when they see Popeye walk in.

.... And hustle the young stock boys out the back door.

Sandra's Money Saving Meals: One Pot Meals Ubiquitous General Cooking 8 31-08-2009 12:04 AM
OOT meals Chemiker General Cooking 3 26-07-2009 02:03 PM
Some meals modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] General Cooking 0 01-12-2007 09:39 PM
Best meals to eat before you die Nancy Young General Cooking 75 08-02-2006 03:01 AM
Meals in a jar andicee Preserving 4 21-04-2005 03:33 AM