Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Saturday Night Dinner, 5/23/2020

I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
for about 10 minutes total for all sides.

No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
char-grilled taste.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 May 2020 16:01:10 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
>Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
>and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
>released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
>for about 10 minutes total for all sides.
>
>No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
>good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
>char-grilled taste.

Good thinking. You got your sausages without the fuss and muss of a
grill.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 May 2020 16:01:10 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
>Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
>and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
>released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
>for about 10 minutes total for all sides.
>
>No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
>good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
>char-grilled taste.

Tonight's dinner was Johnsonville Beer Brats, slowly pan fried until
golden brown on all sides, served with white rice rather than bread.
Was very good, quick, and easy. White rice was in the freezer, just
needed nuking. Fried two packs of brats, enough to do the same
tomorrow but maybe with egg noodles and a salad.
Rained this morning so messed up my planned mowing, hopefully I'll get
to mow tomorrow. But in the afternoon we wheelbarrowed topsoil into
the garden, it'll soon be tilled and planted, our potted seeds are now
up.
I'm watching Canada geese marching, eating, and pooping... they were
here first.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 6:21:44 PM UTC-5, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> On Sat, 23 May 2020 16:01:10 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>

> >I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
> >Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
> >and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
> >released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
> >for about 10 minutes total for all sides.
> >

> Good thinking. You got your sausages without the fuss and muss of a
> grill.
> Janet US

Yes, and I've already washed that non-stick inner pot and the raised grill
thingie. I'd still be out there cleaning out spent charcoal and putting the
grill away. Usually, when I use the Weber I'm also grilling a couple of
pork chops, a chicken breast and a steak or two to be eaten in the coming
week.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 6:31:01 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Rained this morning so messed up my planned mowing, hopefully I'll get
> to mow tomorrow. But in the afternoon we wheelbarrowed topsoil into
> the garden, it'll soon be tilled and planted, our potted seeds are now
> up.

My yard was mowed yesterday but weed-eated today and the blower used to
scatter grass off the sidewalk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 May 2020 16:01:10 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
>Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
>and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
>released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
>for about 10 minutes total for all sides.
>
>No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
>good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
>char-grilled taste.

you just cant beat that smoke flavor you get from charcoal/wood

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 7:01:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
> Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
> and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
> released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
> for about 10 minutes total for all sides.
>
> No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
> good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
> char-grilled taste.

Grilled fish (gas grill), salad, and bread drizzled with EVOO.

Salmon for me; swordfish for him.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 7:01:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
> Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
> and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
> released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
> for about 10 minutes total for all sides.
>
> No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
> good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
> char-grilled taste.

Grilled fish (gas grill), salad, and bread drizzled with EVOO.

Salmon for me; swordfish for him.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 03:29:31 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 7:01:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
>> Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
>> and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
>> released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
>> for about 10 minutes total for all sides.
>>
>> No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
>> good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
>> char-grilled taste.

>Grilled fish (gas grill), salad, and bread drizzled with EVOO.
>
>Salmon for me; swordfish for him.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

I lucked in and got the top of a leg of lamb at the supermarket, $10
off! Think someone likely wanted a 'smaller' leg of lamb and this was
the balance. Carefully roasted it to rare and it was delicious. Put
carrots in with it and had some nice fresh broccoli as well. Going to
do supper tonight and tomorrow.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 09:03:52 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2020 03:29:31 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 7:01:16 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>>> I had a hankering for Italian sausages but did not want to fire up the
>>> Weber for a few dogs. Instead I used the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker
>>> and processed them for 15 minutes. When the cooking was complete I
>>> released the pressure then used the bake/roast function to brown them
>>> for about 10 minutes total for all sides.
>>>
>>> No buns so I had to use white bread and spicy brown mustard. Quite
>>> good and faster than the grill but the grill does give them that nice
>>> char-grilled taste.

>>Grilled fish (gas grill), salad, and bread drizzled with EVOO.
>>
>>Salmon for me; swordfish for him.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>I lucked in and got the top of a leg of lamb at the supermarket, $10
>off!

Do you really eat little lambs? Didn't you once say you were an animal
lover?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:06:40 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2020 09:03:52 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 24 May 2020 03:29:31 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>Grilled fish (gas grill), salad, and bread drizzled with EVOO.
>>>
>>>Salmon for me; swordfish for him.
>>>
>>>Cindy Hamilton

>>I lucked in and got the top of a leg of lamb at the supermarket, $10
>>off!

>Do you really eat little lambs? Didn't you once say you were an animal
>lover?

You're something like Jimmy Bakker, always preaching to others.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Lucretia Borgia wrote:

> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:06:40 +1000, Bruce > wrote:
>
> >On Sun, 24 May 2020 09:03:52 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> > wrote:

> >>I lucked in and got the top of a leg of lamb at the supermarket, $10
> >>off!

> >Do you really eat little lambs? Didn't you once say you were an animal
> >lover?

> You're something like Jimmy Bakker, always preaching to others.

He's an imbecile, why do peeps here even bother to reply to his drivel...he can not even engage in a discussion on the most *basic* level. In another current thread, it is hilarious to see Leo completely demolish him in an economic discussion, lol...that is just one example.

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 06:33:23 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:06:40 +1000, Bruce > wrote:

>> >Do you really eat little lambs? Didn't you once say you were an animal
>> >lover?

>> You're something like Jimmy Bakker, always preaching to others.

>He's an imbecile, why do peeps here even bother to reply to his drivel...he can not even
>engage in a discussion on the most *basic* level. In another current thread, it is
>hilarious to see Leo completely demolish him in an

Wrecked him... or was that rectum...

> economic discussion, lol...that is just one example.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 10:05:40 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2020 22:06:40 +1000, Bruce > wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 24 May 2020 09:03:52 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>>>I lucked in and got the top of a leg of lamb at the supermarket, $10
>>>off!

>>Do you really eat little lambs? Didn't you once say you were an animal
>>lover?

>You're something like Jimmy Bakker, always preaching to others.

No, I just got confused. You seem to contradict yourself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 09:46:57 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2020 06:33:23 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:
>
>>Lucretia Borgia wrote:
>>
>>> You're something like Jimmy Bakker, always preaching to others.

>>He's an imbecile, why do peeps here even bother to reply to his drivel...he can not even
>>engage in a discussion on the most *basic* level. In another current thread, it is
>>hilarious to see Leo completely demolish him in an

>Wrecked him... or was that rectum...
>
>> economic discussion, lol...that is just one example.

All right-wingers unite and do a bear hug
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> Saturday night, so we did the usual.... burgers. It was nice to be able
> to do them on the gas grill and to eat out on the patio.

I've never understood the appeal of eating outside.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 13:17:21 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> Saturday night, so we did the usual.... burgers. It was nice to be able
>> to do them on the gas grill and to eat out on the patio.

>I've never understood the appeal of eating outside.

Horse flies, mosquitoes and ants.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, 24 May 2020 13:17:21 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Dave Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> Saturday night, so we did the usual.... burgers. It was nice to be able
> >> to do them on the gas grill and to eat out on the patio.

> >I've never understood the appeal of eating outside.

> Horse flies, mosquitoes and ants.

Yes and that's just a few annoyances.
I know so many people that have nice dining rooms and tables
and it's only another room to dust occasionally.

I'm a real pig. (keep in mind that I live alone). Most of
my meals, I'll carry into the bedroom to lie down sideways
and eat and enjoy while watching tv. haha

Needless to say, that nonsense would stop immediately if
I ever got married again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 3:25:33 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:

> > >I've never understood the appeal of eating outside.

> > Horse flies, mosquitoes and ants.

> Yes and that's just a few annoyances.
> I know so many people that have nice dining rooms and tables
> and it's only another room to dust occasionally.
>
> I'm a real pig. (keep in mind that I live alone). Most of
> my meals, I'll carry into the bedroom to lie down sideways
> and eat and enjoy while watching tv. haha
>
> Needless to say, that nonsense would stop immediately if
> I ever got married again.

True. My husband and I eat on the coffee table in the living room
like civilized people.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > I'm a real pig. (keep in mind that I live alone). Most of
> > my meals, I'll carry into the bedroom to lie down sideways
> > and eat and enjoy while watching tv. haha
> >
> > Needless to say, that nonsense would stop immediately if
> > I ever got married again.

> True. My husband and I eat on the coffee table in the living room
> like civilized people.

When I was married and even all the years after with
daughter growing up, we also always ate at the coffee
table in living room every meal.

Only dining room table exception was for company here and
for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.

One of my list of "honey-dos" is to clear off my dining
room table. It's a prime place to come in each day and just
toss stuff on it. It's a cluttered paper mess right now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 16:06:24 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> > I'm a real pig. (keep in mind that I live alone). Most of
>> > my meals, I'll carry into the bedroom to lie down sideways
>> > and eat and enjoy while watching tv. haha
>> >
>> > Needless to say, that nonsense would stop immediately if
>> > I ever got married again.

>> True. My husband and I eat on the coffee table in the living room
>> like civilized people.

>When I was married and even all the years after with
>daughter growing up, we also always ate at the coffee
>table in living room every meal.
>
>Only dining room table exception was for company here and
>for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
>
>One of my list of "honey-dos" is to clear off my dining
>room table. It's a prime place to come in each day and just
>toss stuff on it. It's a cluttered paper mess right now.

Gary is a feral beast.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Sun, 24 May 2020 16:06:24 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> True. My husband and I eat on the coffee table in the living room
> >> like civilized people.

> >When I was married and even all the years after with
> >daughter growing up, we also always ate at the coffee
> >table in living room every meal.
> >
> >Only dining room table exception was for company here and
> >for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
> >
> >One of my list of "honey-dos" is to clear off my dining
> >room table. It's a prime place to come in each day and just
> >toss stuff on it. It's a cluttered paper mess right now.

> Gary is a feral beast.

After 12 years, I think I morphed into half ferret/half human.
I'm comfortable with that though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > > I'm a real pig. (keep in mind that I live alone). Most of
> > > my meals, I'll carry into the bedroom to lie down sideways
> > > and eat and enjoy while watching tv. haha
> > >
> > > Needless to say, that nonsense would stop immediately if
> > > I ever got married again.

> > True. My husband and I eat on the coffee table in the living room
> > like civilized people.

> When I was married and even all the years after with
> daughter growing up, we also always ate at the coffee
> table in living room every meal.
>
> Only dining room table exception was for company here and
> for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
>
> One of my list of "honey-dos" is to clear off my dining
> room table. It's a prime place to come in each day and just
> toss stuff on it. It's a cluttered paper mess right now.

LOL, mine too is full of stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 17:12:05 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sun, 24 May 2020 16:06:24 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>When I was married and even all the years after with
>>daughter growing up, we also always ate at the coffee
>>table in living room every meal.
>>
>>Only dining room table exception was for company here and
>>for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
>>
>>One of my list of "honey-dos" is to clear off my dining
>>room table. It's a prime place to come in each day and just
>>toss stuff on it. It's a cluttered paper mess right now.

>Gary is a feral beast.

I bet he doesn't even have a man purse!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 4:08:19 PM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > > I'm a real pig. (keep in mind that I live alone). Most of
> > > my meals, I'll carry into the bedroom to lie down sideways
> > > and eat and enjoy while watching tv. haha
> > >
> > > Needless to say, that nonsense would stop immediately if
> > > I ever got married again.

> > True. My husband and I eat on the coffee table in the living room
> > like civilized people.

> When I was married and even all the years after with
> daughter growing up, we also always ate at the coffee
> table in living room every meal.
>
> Only dining room table exception was for company here and
> for Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners.
>
> One of my list of "honey-dos" is to clear off my dining
> room table. It's a prime place to come in each day and just
> toss stuff on it. It's a cluttered paper mess right now.

We don't really even have a dining table anymore. There's a small
table in the dining room that my husband remanufactured from an old
coffee table. We'd be hard-pressed to seat four at it. We use it
for offloading groceries, for cooking tasks that are time-consuming
like making Chinese dumplings or vac-packing meat, and occasionally
for sewing. It's on wheels.

The mail (what little we get) comes to the coffee table for triage.

Cindy Hamilton