Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cloth Napkins vs Paper Towels (WAS: Dover Sole!)

On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 4:33:38 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> It's called Select-A-Size for a reason, you can tear off a full sheet
> or half a sheet... WTF is so difficult to comprehend?

Every time I tear a sheet all I get is the half sheet which to me is pretty
useless. It's not enough to dry my hands and pretty useless for any task.

> You can tear
> off a 1 1/2 sheet size, a 2 sheet size or as much as you need. The
> perforations tear very neatly, no lint, I think it's a fantastic idea,
> definitely saves on waste, it's rare that I need a whole sheet.

Different wants and usage between us. For me, a half sheet is a waste
because now I have to go back and get more which invariably turns into
another useless half sheet.

> Before
> Select-A-Size I used to cut a stack of full size sheets in half with
> scissors. A half sheet is the perfect size for nose blowing, and they
> are stronger, softer, and more absorbant than Kleenex.

I don't use paper towels for nose blowing, for me it's always a Kleenex
and occasionally a few sheets of toilet paper. But I don't agree paper
towels are softer than a tissue.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2020 4:00 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Gary wrote:
>
>> cshenk wrote:

>>> Thats not true Sheldon. There are no stockpiles at the factories.
>>> Deliveries are still happening in normal amounts.

>> In Sheldon's defense, there was a mention one time on the
>> national news that many truckers were refusing to deliver
>> goods to the New York City area as it was such a hot spot
>> for the virus. This was over a month ago.

> Yes but the rest functioned and that was short term stuff.

NYC was (still is?) a Covid-19 hotspot due to population density.
Truckers not delivering to NYC over a month ago doesn't explain the lack
of TP on shelves in small towns.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-05-22 6:21 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 5/22/2020 4:00 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> Gary wrote:

>>> In Sheldon's defense, there was a mention one time on the
>>> national news that many truckers were refusing to deliver
>>> goods to the New York City area as it was such a hot spot
>>> for the virus. This was over a month ago.

>> Yes but the rest functioned and that was short term stuff.
>>

> NYC was (still is?) a Covid-19 hotspot due to population density.
> Truckers not delivering to NYC over a month ago doesn't explain the lack
> of TP on shelves in small towns.

Maybe the major warehouses are in NYC.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2020 4:03 PM, cshenk wrote:
> Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>
>> The shortages lasted only a couple of days and then the truckers
>> resumed deliveries. The TP shortage only affected those cheap
>> *******s who refuse to stock up on necessaries.... a lot of people buy
>> TP by the single roll, that's why they're sold by the single roll...
>> same as a lot of women buy tampons one at a time from a machine.

> Good lord, you managed to be even more an idiot! Tampon machines went
> out 40 years ago. You'd have to find a very old building with no
> renovation to find one and they will be long unused.

True dat! I don't know about other women but always I kept a small
plastic case containing tampons in my purse. Women out with girlfriends
ask them if they have one. They'd have a hard time finding a tampon
machine in public restrooms these days.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2020 6:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-05-22 6:21 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> Yes but the rest functioned and that was short term stuff.
>>>

>> NYC was (still is?) a Covid-19 hotspot due to population density.
>> Truckers not delivering to NYC over a month ago doesn't explain the
>> lack of TP on shelves in small towns.
>>

> Maybe the major warehouses are in NYC.

I'm pretty sure the warehouses are close to the manufacturing plants.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 May 2020 18:31:43 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 5/22/2020 4:03 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> Sheldon Martin wrote:
>>>
>>> The shortages lasted only a couple of days and then the truckers
>>> resumed deliveries. The TP shortage only affected those cheap
>>> *******s who refuse to stock up on necessaries.... a lot of people buy
>>> TP by the single roll, that's why they're sold by the single roll...
>>> same as a lot of women buy tampons one at a time from a machine.

>> Good lord, you managed to be even more an idiot! Tampon machines went
>> out 40 years ago. You'd have to find a very old building with no
>> renovation to find one and they will be long unused.
>>

>True dat! I don't know about other women but always I kept a small
>plastic case containing tampons in my purse. Women out with girlfriends
>ask them if they have one. They'd have a hard time finding a tampon
>machine in public restrooms these days.
>
>Jill

I happen to know that single tampons are sold in convenience stores, I
see them in machines right outside the ladie's room even in this hick
village. They're typically dispensed in the ladies room at most
restaurants... these days they have machines that sell condoms too, in
the mens room and in the ladies room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 5:21:27 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> Truckers not delivering to NYC over a month ago doesn't explain the lack
> of TP on shelves in small towns.
>
> Jill

I'm going to guess panic buying and hoarding. I do hope you find some
tp soon.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2020 7:34 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Fri, 22 May 2020 18:31:43 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> Good lord, you managed to be even more an idiot! Tampon machines went
>>> out 40 years ago. You'd have to find a very old building with no
>>> renovation to find one and they will be long unused.
>>>

>> True dat! I don't know about other women but always I kept a small
>> plastic case containing tampons in my purse. Women out with girlfriends
>> ask them if they have one. They'd have a hard time finding a tampon
>> machine in public restrooms these days.
>>
>> Jill

> I happen to know that single tampons are sold in convenience stores, I
> see them in machines right outside the ladie's room even in this hick
> village. They're typically dispensed in the ladies room at most
> restaurants... these days they have machines that sell condoms too, in
> the mens room and in the ladies room.

These days? Really?! Sure sounds like a throwback from 30 years ago.
Why would a tampon machine be located *outside* the ladies room at a
convenience store? It's not as if people are going to use it like an
ATM. Oh, and when was the last time you were in a restaurant, much less
the restroom in one? As for condom machines, perhaps you are
remembering some honky-tonk bar with a pay-by-the hour motel next door. LOL

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> NYC was (still is?) a Covid-19 hotspot due to population density.
> Truckers not delivering to NYC over a month ago doesn't explain the lack
> of TP on shelves in small towns.

Panic hoarding by customers. All at once, everyone wanted
to be Sheldon and have at least 300 rolls stockpiled.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> I was at Walmart and Kroger yesterday and both seemed to have a great deal
> of toilet paper, mainly their own brand. Both had a great deal of packages
> of paper towels as well. Unfortunately for me, all they had in stock was
> the select-a-size. I know lots of people just love that type but personally
> I can't stand them. I always want and use a full sheet.

I use the full sheet kind. Often, I tear them in half like
for a napkin or blowing nose. If you tear from the perforated
side, they always tear straight. I think all paper towels
do this but I haven't tried all.
You can even tear as big or small as you want. You can tear
one sheet into 2, 3, 4 or more even strips.

I discovered my favorite brand about 2 years ago and ever since,
I'd buy 2-4 every grocery trip. Slowly stockpiling back when
they were plentiful. I did that just in case they went out of
business or the store quit selling them. That seems to
happen with me a lot. Love a product and then they're gone
forever.

I still have over a dozen left but I hope they return soon.
I always keep 4 rolls open at a time.
- one for kitchen
- one in bedroom
- one by computer
- one in van

I highly recommend this brand. Just try one and see what
you think. They are small and loosely rolled so they aren't
compressed and are very soft.

35.6 Sq Ft, 53 2-ply sheets for $0.49 (your price may vary)
Add tax and that equals about a penny per full sheet
Brand is "SPA" paper towels.

Manufactured in Spokane, WA so they're probably sold
at least nationwide.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-05-23 7:37 a.m., Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> NYC was (still is?) a Covid-19 hotspot due to population density.
>> Truckers not delivering to NYC over a month ago doesn't explain the lack
>> of TP on shelves in small towns.

> Panic hoarding by customers. All at once, everyone wanted
> to be Sheldon and have at least 300 rolls stockpiled.

I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2020-05-23 7:37 a.m., Gary wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> NYC was (still is?) a Covid-19 hotspot due to population density.
> >> Truckers not delivering to NYC over a month ago doesn't explain the lack
> >> of TP on shelves in small towns.

> > Panic hoarding by customers. All at once, everyone wanted
> > to be Sheldon and have at least 300 rolls stockpiled.
> >

> I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
> maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.

There's an entire culture known as "survivalists" that plan for
a huge disaster and complete breakdown of society. They stockpile
years worth of food and anything else that might be necessary.

They're also well armed to defend their family and property
if necessary.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-05-23 10:27 a.m., Gary wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Panic hoarding by customers. All at once, everyone wanted
>>> to be Sheldon and have at least 300 rolls stockpiled.
>>>

>> I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
>> maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.

> There's an entire culture known as "survivalists" that plan for
> a huge disaster and complete breakdown of society. They stockpile
> years worth of food and anything else that might be necessary.
>
> They're also well armed to defend their family and property
> if necessary.

He is not a survivalist. He keeps a well stocked pantry, but not a huge
larder to keep hm going for a year. He just has a bit of an anal
personality. I think he would rather starve to death than run out of
toilet paper,

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Gary wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:

> > > Panic hoarding by customers. All at once, everyone wanted
> > > to be Sheldon and have at least 300 rolls stockpiled.
> > >

> > I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
> > maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.

> There's an entire culture known as "survivalists" that plan for
> a huge disaster and complete breakdown of society. They stockpile
> years worth of food and anything else that might be necessary.
>
> They're also well armed to defend their family and property
> if necessary.

LDS aka Mormons are big stocker - uppers...

There's lots of dehydrated food items on Amazon, I bought some dehy celery and tomato last year to just "check it out" ( I never re-ordered). since the pandemic those items are very much sold out...for a time even dried mushroooms (which I do use) were kinda scarce, now just checked and most 'shrooms are available again...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I think he would rather starve to death than run out of
> toilet paper,

Apparently, most of the usains think the same way.
An odd first thing to hoard, imo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 May 2020 07:37:57 -0400, Gary > wrote:

" wrote:

>> I was at Walmart and Kroger yesterday and both seemed to have a great deal
>> of toilet paper, mainly their own brand. Both had a great deal of packages
>> of paper towels as well. Unfortunately for me, all they had in stock was
>> the select-a-size. I know lots of people just love that type but personally
>> I can't stand them. I always want and use a full sheet.

Well then tear off a full sheet! DUH... do you know what SELECT means?

>I use the full sheet kind. Often, I tear them in half like
>for a napkin or blowing nose.

Then why not simply buy Bounty Select-A-Size and tear whatever size
sheet you want at the perforations. We buy them in 18 roll bales at
BJs, a lot cheaper in quantity packaging. About half the time we tear
off a full size sheet as the half sheets don't work well for fresh
hairballs.

>If you tear from the perforated
>side, they always tear straight. I think all paper towels
>do this but I haven't tried all.
>You can even tear as big or small as you want. You can tear
>one sheet into 2, 3, 4 or more even strips.
>
>I discovered my favorite brand about 2 years ago and ever since,
>I'd buy 2-4 every grocery trip. Slowly stockpiling back when
>they were plentiful. I did that just in case they went out of
>business or the store quit selling them. That seems to
>happen with me a lot. Love a product and then they're gone
>forever.
>
>I still have over a dozen left but I hope they return soon.
>I always keep 4 rolls open at a time.
> - one for kitchen
> - one in bedroom
> - one by computer
> - one in van
>
>I highly recommend this brand. Just try one and see what
>you think. They are small and loosely rolled so they aren't
>compressed and are very soft.
>
>35.6 Sq Ft, 53 2-ply sheets for $0.49 (your price may vary)
>Add tax and that equals about a penny per full sheet
> Brand is "SPA" paper towels.
>
>Manufactured in Spokane, WA so they're probably sold
>at least nationwide.

I've never seen or heard of the "SPA" brand. We've tried many
national brands, even store brands, but none work as well and are as
less wasteful as Bounty. Bounty is the best bargain. BJs mails a
sale book full of coupons each month and usually there's a $4 off
coupon for an 18 roll pack of Bounty. I see no savngs with any other
brands when it takes twice as much and more to do the job Bounty does
with one half sheet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sat, 23 May 2020 07:37:57 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> " wrote:
>>>
>>> I was at Walmart and Kroger yesterday and both seemed to have a great deal
>>> of toilet paper, mainly their own brand. Both had a great deal of packages
>>> of paper towels as well. Unfortunately for me, all they had in stock was
>>> the select-a-size. I know lots of people just love that type but personally
>>> I can't stand them. I always want and use a full sheet.

> Well then tear off a full sheet! DUH... do you know what SELECT means?
>>
>> I use the full sheet kind. Often, I tear them in half like
>> for a napkin or blowing nose.

> Then why not simply buy Bounty Select-A-Size and tear whatever size
> sheet you want at the perforations. We buy them in 18 roll bales at
> BJs, a lot cheaper in quantity packaging. About half the time we tear
> off a full size sheet as the half sheets don't work well for fresh
> hairballs.
>
>> If you tear from the perforated
>> side, they always tear straight. I think all paper towels
>> do this but I haven't tried all.
>> You can even tear as big or small as you want. You can tear
>> one sheet into 2, 3, 4 or more even strips.
>>
>> I discovered my favorite brand about 2 years ago and ever since,
>> I'd buy 2-4 every grocery trip. Slowly stockpiling back when
>> they were plentiful. I did that just in case they went out of
>> business or the store quit selling them. That seems to
>> happen with me a lot. Love a product and then they're gone
>> forever.
>>
>> I still have over a dozen left but I hope they return soon.
>> I always keep 4 rolls open at a time.
>> - one for kitchen
>> - one in bedroom
>> - one by computer
>> - one in van
>>
>> I highly recommend this brand. Just try one and see what
>> you think. They are small and loosely rolled so they aren't
>> compressed and are very soft.
>>
>> 35.6 Sq Ft, 53 2-ply sheets for $0.49 (your price may vary)
>> Add tax and that equals about a penny per full sheet
>> Brand is "SPA" paper towels.
>>
>> Manufactured in Spokane, WA so they're probably sold
>> at least nationwide.

> I've never seen or heard of the "SPA" brand. We've tried many
> national brands, even store brands, but none work as well and are as
> less wasteful as Bounty. Bounty is the best bargain. BJs mails a
> sale book full of coupons each month and usually there's a $4 off
> coupon for an 18 roll pack of Bounty. I see no savngs with any other
> brands when it takes twice as much and more to do the job Bounty does
> with one half sheet.

The finest paper towels in the universe Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 6:39:50 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:

> You can even tear as big or small as you want. You can tear
> one sheet into 2, 3, 4 or more even strips.

No thanks. If I wanted small sheets of useless paper towels I'd buy the
select-a-size rolls.

> I highly recommend this brand. Just try one and see what
> you think. They are small and loosely rolled so they aren't
> compressed and are very soft.
>
> 35.6 Sq Ft, 53 2-ply sheets for $0.49 (your price may vary)
> Add tax and that equals about a penny per full sheet
> Brand is "SPA" paper towels.
>
> Manufactured in Spokane, WA so they're probably sold
> at least nationwide.

I can tell by the number of sheets per roll and price they are cheap
paper towels of which I can find truckloads of that type here. Thankfully
that brand is not available here to add to the other cheap offerings.

I do know that Walmart and Target brand of paper towels are comparable to
Bounty towels.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 11:01:14 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Sat, 23 May 2020 07:37:57 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> " wrote:
> >>
> >> I was at Walmart and Kroger yesterday and both seemed to have a great deal
> >> of toilet paper, mainly their own brand. Both had a great deal of packages
> >> of paper towels as well. Unfortunately for me, all they had in stock was
> >> the select-a-size. I know lots of people just love that type but personally
> >> I can't stand them. I always want and use a full sheet.

> Well then tear off a full sheet! DUH... do you know what SELECT means?

We've discussed this in the past. When those select-a-size sheets are on
the paper towel dispenser they always seem to tear at the half-sheet size.
That makes me go back and try again to only get another half sheet. Nope,
not playing that game with a roll.

> >I use the full sheet kind. Often, I tear them in half like
> >for a napkin or blowing nose.

> Then why not simply buy Bounty Select-A-Size and tear whatever size
> sheet you want at the perforations.

I agree with that statement. If he doesn't want to pay the Bounty paper
towel price he can head to Walmart or Target and get their house brand which
I'm pretty sure is made by Bounty but a heck of a lot cheaper.

> >If you tear from the perforated
> >side, they always tear straight. I think all paper towels
> >do this but I haven't tried all.
> >You can even tear as big or small as you want. You can tear
> >one sheet into 2, 3, 4 or more even strips.
> >
> >I discovered my favorite brand about 2 years ago and ever since,
> >I'd buy 2-4 every grocery trip.
> >35.6 Sq Ft, 53 2-ply sheets for $0.49 (your price may vary)
> >Add tax and that equals about a penny per full sheet
> > Brand is "SPA" paper towels.
> >
> >Manufactured in Spokane, WA so they're probably sold
> >at least nationwide.

> I've never seen or heard of the "SPA" brand.

Me neither.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 May 2020 10:10:13 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2020-05-23 7:37 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> NYC was (still is?) a Covid-19 hotspot due to population density.
>>> Truckers not delivering to NYC over a month ago doesn't explain the lack
>>> of TP on shelves in small towns.

>> Panic hoarding by customers. All at once, everyone wanted
>> to be Sheldon and have at least 300 rolls stockpiled.
>>

>I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
>maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.

Maintaining a large stash was how I was raised; my mother bought food
in bulk and piled it in the basement. My father never tossed anything
in the trash, he saved thousands of glass jars. My father only bought
used cars, older ones, at one time I remember he had three 1936
Desotos, all running... he figured if he ever needed parts.
Aboard ship we always maintained a large stock of everything, never
knew when the next stores would arrive. All these years I never let
my fuel go below half a tank before refuling, tractors too, just last
week had my 275 gallon diesel tank topped off.... there were times
when off road diesel fuel was in short supply.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 May 2020 15:06:00 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 23 May 2020 10:10:13 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>On 2020-05-23 7:37 a.m., Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> Panic hoarding by customers. All at once, everyone wanted
>>> to be Sheldon and have at least 300 rolls stockpiled.
>>>

>>I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
>>maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.

>Maintaining a large stash was how I was raised; my mother bought food
>in bulk and piled it in the basement. My father never tossed anything
>in the trash, he saved thousands of glass jars. My father only bought
>used cars, older ones, at one time I remember he had three 1936
>Desotos, all running... he figured if he ever needed parts.

If he ever needed parts, he had thousands of glass jars.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 23 May 2020 10:25:34 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 11:01:14 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

>> Well then tear off a full sheet! DUH... do you know what SELECT means?
>> >

>We've discussed this in the past. When those select-a-size sheets are on
>the paper towel dispenser they always seem to tear at the half-sheet size.
>That makes me go back and try again to only get another half sheet. Nope,
>not playing that game with a roll.

One can only imagine your angst when you're on the throne dealing with
TP and the perforations don't cooperate... I'll bet you get all
confused with how many sheets to use for the front and the back. LOL

>> >I use the full sheet kind. Often, I tear them in half like
>> >for a napkin or blowing nose.

>> Then why not simply buy Bounty Select-A-Size and tear whatever size
>> sheet you want at the perforations.
>>

>I agree with that statement. If he doesn't want to pay the Bounty paper
>towel price he can head to Walmart or Target and get their house brand which
>I'm pretty sure is made by Bounty but a heck of a lot cheaper.
>>
>> >If you tear from the perforated
>> >side, they always tear straight. I think all paper towels
>> >do this but I haven't tried all.
>> >You can even tear as big or small as you want. You can tear
>> >one sheet into 2, 3, 4 or more even strips.
>> >
>> >I discovered my favorite brand about 2 years ago and ever since,
>> >I'd buy 2-4 every grocery trip.
>> >35.6 Sq Ft, 53 2-ply sheets for $0.49 (your price may vary)
>> >Add tax and that equals about a penny per full sheet
>> > Brand is "SPA" paper towels.
>> >
>> >Manufactured in Spokane, WA so they're probably sold
>> >at least nationwide.

>> I've never seen or heard of the "SPA" brand.
>>

>Me neither.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 2:18:46 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Sat, 23 May 2020 10:25:34 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >We've discussed this in the past. When those select-a-size sheets are on
> >the paper towel dispenser they always seem to tear at the half-sheet size.
> >That makes me go back and try again to only get another half sheet. Nope,
> >not playing that game with a roll.

> One can only imagine your angst when you're on the throne dealing with
> TP and the perforations don't cooperate... I'll bet you get all
> confused with how many sheets to use for the front and the back. LOL

Thankfully, my toilet paper does not tear in single sheets like the half
sheets of paper towels seem hell-bent on doing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Fri, 22 May 2020 18:31:43 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:

> people buy >>> TP by the single roll, that's why they're sold by the
> single roll... >>> same as a lot of women buy tampons one at a time
> from a machine. >>
> >> Good lord, you managed to be even more an idiot! Tampon machines

> went >> out 40 years ago. You'd have to find a very old building
> with no >> renovation to find one and they will be long unused.
> >>

> > True dat! I don't know about other women but always I kept a small
> > plastic case containing tampons in my purse. Women out with
> > girlfriends ask them if they have one. They'd have a hard time
> > finding a tampon machine in public restrooms these days.
> >
> > Jill

> I happen to know that single tampons are sold in convenience stores, I
> see them in machines right outside the ladie's room even in this hick
> village. They're typically dispensed in the ladies room at most
> restaurants... these days they have machines that sell condoms too, in
> the mens room and in the ladies room.

Bull Sheldon. I might add, they were NEVER outside the ladies room.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/22/2020 4:03 PM, cshenk wrote:
> > Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > >
> > > The shortages lasted only a couple of days and then the truckers
> > > resumed deliveries. The TP shortage only affected those cheap
> > > *******s who refuse to stock up on necessaries.... a lot of
> > > people buy TP by the single roll, that's why they're sold by the
> > > single roll... same as a lot of women buy tampons one at a time
> > > from a machine.

> > Good lord, you managed to be even more an idiot! Tampon machines
> > went out 40 years ago. You'd have to find a very old building with
> > no renovation to find one and they will be long unused.
> >

> True dat! I don't know about other women but always I kept a small
> plastic case containing tampons in my purse. Women out with
> girlfriends ask them if they have one. They'd have a hard time
> finding a tampon machine in public restrooms these days.
>
> Jill

Pretty universal to do that as far as I know! I certainly did when I
was of an age to need them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-05-23 3:03 p.m., cshenk wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Good lord, you managed to be even more an idiot! Tampon machines
>>> went out 40 years ago. You'd have to find a very old building with
>>> no renovation to find one and they will be long unused.
>>>

>> True dat! I don't know about other women but always I kept a small
>> plastic case containing tampons in my purse. Women out with
>> girlfriends ask them if they have one. They'd have a hard time
>> finding a tampon machine in public restrooms these days.
>>
>> Jill

> Pretty universal to do that as far as I know! I certainly did when I
> was of an age to need them.

Two small boys went into a pharmacy and asked for some tampons.
The shop assistant asked what they want them for.
The older lad said they were for his younger brother and they'd seen
an advert saying that if you used them you could swim and ride a bike.
He said that he was 8y/o and could do both but his 4y/o brother could do
neither.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 4:25:04 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:

> Two small boys went into a pharmacy and asked for some tampons.
> The shop assistant asked what they want them for.
> The older lad said they were for his younger brother and they'd seen
> an advert saying that if you used them you could swim and ride a bike.
> He said that he was 8y/o and could do both but his 4y/o brother could do
> neither.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Sat, 23 May 2020 10:10:13 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:

>>> Panic hoarding by customers. All at once, everyone wanted
>>> to be Sheldon and have at least 300 rolls stockpiled.
>>>

>> I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
>> maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.

> Maintaining a large stash was how I was raised; my mother bought food
> in bulk and piled it in the basement. My father never tossed anything
> in the trash, he saved thousands of glass jars. My father only bought
> used cars, older ones, at one time I remember he had three 1936
> Desotos, all running... he figured if he ever needed parts.
> Aboard ship we always maintained a large stock of everything, never
> knew when the next stores would arrive. All these years I never let
> my fuel go below half a tank before refuling, tractors too, just last
> week had my 275 gallon diesel tank topped off.... there were times
> when off road diesel fuel was in short supply.

In the age of sail, it routinely took years for vessels to get
supplies.
Back then, all the US Navy officers were required to be homosexual.
And, US marines were not allowed to serve on navy vessels.

Sailors from brooklyn were especially required to be homosexual,
even the enlisted men. The navy never allowed anyone from Brooklyn
who was not a queer. All sailors from brooklyn were ALWAYS raging
faggots.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Sheldon Martin wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 22 May 2020 18:31:43 -0400, jmcquown >
>> wrote:

>> people buy >>> TP by the single roll, that's why they're sold by the
>> single roll... >>> same as a lot of women buy tampons one at a time
>> from a machine. >>

>> went >> out 40 years ago. You'd have to find a very old building
>> with no >> renovation to find one and they will be long unused.
>>>>
>>> True dat! I don't know about other women but always I kept a small
>>> plastic case containing tampons in my purse. Women out with
>>> girlfriends ask them if they have one. They'd have a hard time
>>> finding a tampon machine in public restrooms these days.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> I happen to know that single tampons are sold in convenience stores, I
>> see them in machines right outside the ladie's room even in this hick
>> village. They're typically dispensed in the ladies room at most
>> restaurants... these days they have machines that sell condoms too, in
>> the mens room and in the ladies room.

> Bull Sheldon. I might add, they were NEVER outside the ladies room.

Some sell the extra large size. Popeye uses them as rain hats while
riding his tractor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 11:25:04 AM UTC-10, graham wrote:
> On 2020-05-23 3:03 p.m., cshenk wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >> True dat! I don't know about other women but always I kept a small
> >> plastic case containing tampons in my purse. Women out with
> >> girlfriends ask them if they have one. They'd have a hard time
> >> finding a tampon machine in public restrooms these days.
> >>
> >> Jill

> > Pretty universal to do that as far as I know! I certainly did when I
> > was of an age to need them.
> >

> Two small boys went into a pharmacy and asked for some tampons.
> The shop assistant asked what they want them for.
> The older lad said they were for his younger brother and they'd seen
> an advert saying that if you used them you could swim and ride a bike.
> He said that he was 8y/o and could do both but his 4y/o brother could do
> neither.

Thanks to the new age of menses flow control apparatus, one can ride a bike, swim, go bowling, play blackjack, eat a 12 course Chinese meal, skydive, play ice hockey, and have mess free period sex, with no worries at all! Thank you, Jesus!

https://flexfits.com/pages/trial-landing-page

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Sat, 23 May 2020 10:10:13 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>On 2020-05-23 7:37 a.m., Gary wrote:
>>>
>>> Panic hoarding by customers. All at once, everyone wanted
>>> to be Sheldon and have at least 300 rolls stockpiled.
>>>

>>I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
>>maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.

>Maintaining a large stash was how I was raised; my mother bought food
>in bulk and piled it in the basement. My father never tossed anything
>in the trash, he saved thousands of glass jars. My father only bought
>used cars, older ones, at one time I remember he had three 1936
>Desotos, all running... he figured if he ever needed parts.

If he ever needed parts, he had thousands of glass jars.

===

I have always kept a good store, especially of foods. I is more than
ever useful now we are living rather remotely with no shops)

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 10:12:55 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 23 May 2020 15:06:00 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 23 May 2020 10:10:13 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>>I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
>>>maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.

>>Maintaining a large stash was how I was raised; my mother bought food
>>in bulk and piled it in the basement. My father never tossed anything
>>in the trash, he saved thousands of glass jars. My father only bought
>>used cars, older ones, at one time I remember he had three 1936
>>Desotos, all running... he figured if he ever needed parts.

>If he ever needed parts, he had thousands of glass jars.
>
>===
>
> I have always kept a good store, especially of foods. I is more than
>ever useful now we are living rather remotely with no shops)

I know what you mean. For us, the supermarket is at 26 kms. That's far
enough to stock up and not want to forget something essential when we
go.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 May 23, , Gary wrote
(in article >):

> There's an entire culture known as "survivalists" that plan for
> a huge disaster and complete breakdown of society. They stockpile
> years worth of food and anything else that might be necessary.
>
> They're also well armed to defend their family and property
> if necessary.

Were I younger and saw an end to it all, Id be right there with them. As
it is, Im too damned old to care.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 23 May 2020 15:06:00 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 23 May 2020 10:10:13 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>>I don't know about Sheldon, but my brother probably did. He has always
>>>maintained an Armageddon sized supply of toilet paper and paper towels.

>>Maintaining a large stash was how I was raised; my mother bought food
>>in bulk and piled it in the basement. My father never tossed anything
>>in the trash, he saved thousands of glass jars. My father only bought
>>used cars, older ones, at one time I remember he had three 1936
>>Desotos, all running... he figured if he ever needed parts.

>If he ever needed parts, he had thousands of glass jars.
>
>===
>
> I have always kept a good store, especially of foods. I is more than
>ever useful now we are living rather remotely with no shops)

I know what you mean. For us, the supermarket is at 26 kms. That's far
enough to stock up and not want to forget something essential when we
go.

==

Oh yes) I am not complaining though, you? )))

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 12:29:22 +0100, "Ophelia" >
wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 24 May 2020 10:12:55 +0100, "Ophelia" >
>wrote:
>

>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 23 May 2020 15:06:00 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>>wrote:

>>>Maintaining a large stash was how I was raised; my mother bought food
>>>in bulk and piled it in the basement. My father never tossed anything
>>>in the trash, he saved thousands of glass jars. My father only bought
>>>used cars, older ones, at one time I remember he had three 1936
>>>Desotos, all running... he figured if he ever needed parts.

>>If he ever needed parts, he had thousands of glass jars.
>>
>>===
>>
>> I have always kept a good store, especially of foods. I is more than
>>ever useful now we are living rather remotely with no shops)

>I know what you mean. For us, the supermarket is at 26 kms. That's far
>enough to stock up and not want to forget something essential when we
>go.
>
>==
>
> Oh yes) I am not complaining though, you? )))

Not at all. Most people are also at a 26 km distance
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> "Ophelia" wrote:
> > I have always kept a good store, especially of foods. I is more than
> >ever useful now we are living rather remotely with no shops)

> I know what you mean. For us, the supermarket is at 26 kms. That's far
> enough to stock up and not want to forget something essential when we
> go.

That *is* a long way to go. You would definitely want to
"make a list and check it twice."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 24 May 2020 08:11:15 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> "Ophelia" wrote:
>> > I have always kept a good store, especially of foods. I is more than
>> >ever useful now we are living rather remotely with no shops)

>> I know what you mean. For us, the supermarket is at 26 kms. That's far
>> enough to stock up and not want to forget something essential when we
>> go.

>That *is* a long way to go. You would definitely want to
>"make a list and check it twice."

We often make a shopping list and then forget to bring it when we go
into town. But I order wine and cat food online most of the time, so
the essentials are covered
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> We often make a shopping list and then forget to bring it when we go
> into town.

I hate when that happens. Most times, I'll still remember
most of it but later discover I did forget a few things
after I get home.

Not a huge deal for me though as my store is only 1 mile
away and I can just go back a few days later.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 8:13:09 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
> >
> > "Ophelia" wrote:
> > > I have always kept a good store, especially of foods. I is more than
> > >ever useful now we are living rather remotely with no shops)

> > I know what you mean. For us, the supermarket is at 26 kms. That's far
> > enough to stock up and not want to forget something essential when we
> > go.

> That *is* a long way to go. You would definitely want to
> "make a list and check it twice."

16 miles is not that far. I drive 7 miles for a loaf of good bread.
Although I prefer to make the trip from my office, which is about
half the distance.

Cindy Hamilton