Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dover Sole!

jmcquown wrote:

> Apparently nowadays you can start your SMART washing machine using an
> app on your phone.

I'm holding out for an app that will wash your dirty clothes in
the hamper without a washing machine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

jmcquown wrote:

> >> When my mother's wringer washer finally gave up and died my dad said
> >> it was
> >> time for an automatic washer.Â* No, no, no!Â* That contraption is not
> >> coming
> >> in this house!Â* I think after the first full load of clothes and how
> >> quickly
> >> it did its' job and the clothes were clean she was in heaven.
> >>

> > House work has changed over the years.Â* Laundry used to be an all day
> > job when the machines were manually operated. These days you can pop a
> > load of laundry into the machine, add detergent push a button and come
> > back when the machine stops. Take the laundry out and put it in the
> > dryer and come back in an hour.Â* Lucretia would not approve of my
> > mother's way of doing laundry.Â* The laundry room was downstairs so she
> > went over to the rec room and watched TV.

> Apparently nowadays you can start your SMART washing machine using an
> app on your phone. Why you didn't start the washer before you left the
> house is still a mystery...

Unlike you, Oh Pampered Princess, some peeps are busy with work, family, etc....such a feature might prove very useful...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 May 2020 13:24:39 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>>> When my mother's wringer washer finally gave up and died my dad said
>>> it was
>>> time for an automatic washer.* No, no, no!* That contraption is not
>>> coming
>>> in this house!* I think after the first full load of clothes and how
>>> quickly
>>> it did its' job and the clothes were clean she was in heaven.
>>>

>> House work has changed over the years.* Laundry used to be an all day
>> job when the machines were manually operated. These days you can pop a
>> load of laundry into the machine, add detergent push a button and come
>> back when the machine stops. Take the laundry out and put it in the
>> dryer and come back in an hour.* Lucretia would not approve of my
>> mother's way of doing laundry.* The laundry room was downstairs so she
>> went over to the rec room and watched TV.

>Apparently nowadays you can start your SMART washing machine using an
>app on your phone. Why you didn't start the washer before you left the
>house is still a mystery...
>
>Jill

I never run the washer or dryer without being home and closeby... at
times washer fill hoses burst and dryers have lint fires.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cloth Napkins vs Paper Towels (WAS: Dover Sole!)

On 5/20/2020 1:02 PM, wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 11:35:43 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I can't see the Covid19 situation increasing the need or use of toilet
>> paper. I might suggest that, given way that people are hoarding it,
>> leading to shortages on store shelves
>>

> I can imagine an increase in the use of toilet paper at home. Mom & dad were
> working and used the bathroom facilities there. Kids were in school and used
> the bathroom facilities there. But when many companies shutdown and kids were
> no longer going to school suddenly you've got four, five, six, or more people
> at home using the house bathroom and the house toilet paper 24/7.

Absolutely, Joan. This is a unique situation. I cannot recall a time
in my life when most people were ordered to stay home and school has
been cancelled indefinitely. Parents who never gave a thought to
home-schooling are suddenly having to do it. Everyone's at home so of
course they're using more TP at home. Maybe they're trying to use less
of it but the fact remains, suddenly everyone in the house is at home 24/7.

> But I do think a lot of people were and are panic buying and buying as much
> toilet paper and paper towels they can. That's why most all stores limited
> shoppers to one pack of each. Now were those packs the huge ones or were
> they just small 4 or 6 rolls?

I don't know about the size of the packs when it comes to a limit per.
I do know I saw some people really stocking up as early as the beginning
of March, well before anyone really knew how big this thing was going to
be. I saw a woman buying 3 twelve roll packs. That's all she bought.
Prescient?

I surely never thought it would get this bad.

I think if Sheldon has 300 rolls of toilet paper stashed in his basement
he should be a pal and send me a few rolls.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 12:50:39 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> I never run the washer or dryer without being home and closeby... at
> times washer fill hoses burst and dryers have lint fires.

I don't go off anywhere and leave either one running. But I do use those
stainless steel wrapped water hoses for the washing machine. They will
not guarantee them to not burst as there has only been one incident of
them actually failing. But it's the only time I've read about one bursting.

The dryer is not left to run with no one in attendance either. But I am
scrupulous about cleaning that lint filter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/20/2020 1:36 PM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Apparently nowadays you can start your SMART washing machine using an
>> app on your phone.

> I'm holding out for an app that will wash your dirty clothes in
> the hamper without a washing machine.

LOL, Gary!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-05-20 1:24 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> When my mother's wringer washer finally gave up and died my dad said
>>> it was
>>> time for an automatic washer.Â* No, no, no!Â* That contraption is not
>>> coming
>>> in this house!Â* I think after the first full load of clothes and how
>>> quickly
>>> it did its' job and the clothes were clean she was in heaven.
>>>

>> House work has changed over the years.Â* Laundry used to be an all day
>> job when the machines were manually operated. These days you can pop a
>> load of laundry into the machine, add detergent push a button and come
>> back when the machine stops. Take the laundry out and put it in the
>> dryer and come back in an hour.Â* Lucretia would not approve of my
>> mother's way of doing laundry.Â* The laundry room was downstairs so she
>> went over to the rec room and watched TV.

> Apparently nowadays you can start your SMART washing machine using an
> app on your phone.Â* Why you didn't start the washer before you left the
> house is still a mystery...

???? Yes. The apparently have those smart washing machines now. They
did when my mother was still alive. We did not by a smart washer last
year. I guess we are just going to have to rough it for a while and
push that start button on our own.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 1:28:45 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> I was merely commenting about the people who think they need an "app"
> for everything. Common sense would tell you, when you put the laundry
> in the washer, add detergent and start the washer. Who the hell needs
> an app for that?!
>
> Jill

Yes, that's true. I watch "This Old House" and quite frequently they are
introducing appliances and such that comes with an app. There's so many
now it's a wonder their phones even have memory left.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 May 2020 13:36:08 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Apparently nowadays you can start your SMART washing machine using an
>> app on your phone.

>I'm holding out for an app that will wash your dirty clothes in
>the hamper without a washing machine.

IRobot could develop a robot to collect the washing, wash it, fold it
and return to bedroom.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 May 20, , Gary wrote
(in article >):

> I'm holding out for an app that will wash your dirty clothes in
> the hamper without a washing machine.

And Im holding out for a household robot that eliminates all that
movement stuff that we have to endure daily

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leo" wrote in message
vidual.Net...

On 2020 May 20, , Gary wrote
(in article >):

> I'm holding out for an app that will wash your dirty clothes in
> the hamper without a washing machine.

And Im holding out for a household robot that eliminates all that
movement stuff that we have to endure daily

leo
=
===

Well if either of you manage to find it, please let me know asap!!!!!

https://www.avg.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 5/18/2020 1:21 PM, Gary wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote:
> >> While Chinese may recoil at the thought of stuffing a wad of snotty
> >> cloth into to their pockets they have a reputation for grossing out
> >> others by spitting everywhere.

> > LOL. Forget that Chinese theory for a minute...
> > Ever watch an american MLB baseball game? ;-D
> >

> That's cuz they've got a bit of snuff tucked between their teeth and
> jaw. That's a disgusting habit, too.

Just a correction, Jill. Snuff is powdered tobacco that you
sniff up your nose to get a quick hit of nicotine.
Same as sniffing a line of cocaine for that drug.
I never tried snuff.

Chewing tobacco is the moistened tobacco that you put
"between cheek and gum" to more slowly get nicotine.
That's what they spit out occasionally as saliva dissolves it.

I did try that once. A guy I worked with used it and
I asked him for a bit to try. Horrors. Rather than occasionally
spit out saliva, I spit the entire mess out a few seconds
later. arrghh!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 12:11:31 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> >
> > I was down to a couple of weeks left and last week, I went
> > early. Only 2 12-packs double rolled there. First time in
> > weeks that ANY were there.
> >
> > I got one so I'm all set now for a few months. WHEW!
> >

> When you shop again and if there is toilet paper on the shelf you should
> buy another pack even though you are 'all set now for a few months.'
> TP doesn't spoil, doesn't need refrigeration and you WILL eventually
> need it if you have the space to store it.

Only thing about that is that while there's such a shortage,
I don't want to deny someone else getting some that they
might really need soon - just like me last week.

I'm good for 3-4 months now.
Once it's back on the shelves all the time, I will slowly
stock up. Just not right away.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> I can't see the Covid19 situation increasing the need or use of toilet
> paper. I might suggest that, given way that people are hoarding it,
> leading to shortages on store shelves I imagine that people are finding
> ways to cut down on their TP consumption. I am wondering how much the
> manufacturers are planning to make and how much retailers want to have
> to store. At some point this situation will clear up and people will
> be confident of finding it in stores again and they are going to stop
> hoarding it. Lots of people who used to buy it weekly, biweekly or
> monthly are going to have several months supply. Manufacturers and
> retailers will be paying a lot of money for warehouse space to store the
> stuff that is not selling.

I have a theory that once people stop this tp hoarding panic,
and plenty is on the shelves all the time again, all those
hoarders won't buy any for months. This could lead to a
large supply surplus and no demand.

At that time, TP might go on great sale prices just because
nobody is buying and they need to sell off the surplus.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> I never run the washer or dryer without being home and closeby... at
> times washer fill hoses burst and dryers have lint fires.

Whenever I go off for the day, everything is turned off except
for the fridge. No lights, fans, heat/ac. Not even a crockpot
to slowly cook your meal while you are at work.

IMO, whenever you leave, always consider something
unplanned might happen and you won't get back home for
many days. Just my old Boy Scout motto - Be Prepared.
(for anything that could happen)

And my personal interpretation of that:
If you prepare for the worse case scenario,
you'll always be prepared.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-05-21 9:11 a.m., Gary wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> I can't see the Covid19 situation increasing the need or use of toilet
>> paper. I might suggest that, given way that people are hoarding it,
>> leading to shortages on store shelves I imagine that people are finding
>> ways to cut down on their TP consumption. I am wondering how much the
>> manufacturers are planning to make and how much retailers want to have
>> to store. At some point this situation will clear up and people will
>> be confident of finding it in stores again and they are going to stop
>> hoarding it. Lots of people who used to buy it weekly, biweekly or
>> monthly are going to have several months supply. Manufacturers and
>> retailers will be paying a lot of money for warehouse space to store the
>> stuff that is not selling.

> I have a theory that once people stop this tp hoarding panic,
> and plenty is on the shelves all the time again, all those
> hoarders won't buy any for months. This could lead to a
> large supply surplus and no demand.

That's what I was suggesting.

> At that time, TP might go on great sale prices just because
> nobody is buying and they need to sell off the surplus.

It cost money for warehouse space. They will drop the price to get rid
of it and stores will be using it as a loss leader.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 9:14:14 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > I never run the washer or dryer without being home and closeby... at
> > times washer fill hoses burst and dryers have lint fires.

> Whenever I go off for the day, everything is turned off except
> for the fridge. No lights, fans, heat/ac. Not even a crockpot
> to slowly cook your meal while you are at work.
>
> IMO, whenever you leave, always consider something
> unplanned might happen and you won't get back home for
> many days. Just my old Boy Scout motto - Be Prepared.
> (for anything that could happen)

Up here in the Great White North, if you turned off your heat on
a winter day and didn't come back for many days, you'd return
to frozen and burst plumbing pipes. And "many" might be a
relatively small number. I'd rather leave the heat on.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 May 2020 08:30:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 9:14:14 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> > I never run the washer or dryer without being home and closeby... at
>> > times washer fill hoses burst and dryers have lint fires.

>> Whenever I go off for the day, everything is turned off except
>> for the fridge. No lights, fans, heat/ac. Not even a crockpot
>> to slowly cook your meal while you are at work.
>>
>> IMO, whenever you leave, always consider something
>> unplanned might happen and you won't get back home for
>> many days. Just my old Boy Scout motto - Be Prepared.
>> (for anything that could happen)

>Up here in the Great White North, if you turned off your heat on
>a winter day and didn't come back for many days, you'd return
>to frozen and burst plumbing pipes. And "many" might be a
>relatively small number. I'd rather leave the heat on.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Snow birds here do turn off their heat for the entire winter while
they are living in the south, however they shut off the water main,
drain their pipes, and add antifreeze to drains and toilets. The
intelligent ones use a propane heater with it's thermostat set for
40ºF. It's not smart to allow a house to freeze or sheetrock will get
destroyed. I think only an imbecile would shut their heat for many
days during winter, I'd not shut off my heat in winter for one
hour.... I have a ventless propane heater that has a thermostat and
needs no electric or chimney... I bought it in case of a power outage
during winter, it neats the entire house. Ventless gas heaters cost
very little, about $200 installed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > TP is starting to show up again here. Me, I got some at Amazon that
> > was in stock. Interesting, made of bamboo (which sounds terrible
> > but then we make the regular stuff from trees...). Works fine!

> I wonder if TP made from cauliflower would work?
> At least it would be gluten free.

LOL!

> > We also have some 40 or so washcloths in an emergency (use once,
> > wash). Reason we have so many is I've been using them for ages in
> > the kitchen in place of sponges and paper towels for cleanup.

> I use cheap washclothes for many things. Love them.
> I buy multi packs of cheap white ones for
> only a few dollars.
>
> Walmart sells them but those are kind of stiff.
> Target sells them and theirs are nice and soft.

I have a variey of places I have gotten them from with the exception of
Walmart. My husband goes there because he likes to take a cab and 'go'
and they are nearby with lots of things. He's been burned by their
produce and meats too many times now to bother with anything but
frozen/packaged deli or canned/boxed when it comes to foods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > We also have some 40 or so washcloths in an emergency (use once,
> > wash).

> Using washcloths is a fine substitute for TP if it comes down
> to that. Anyone that raised a baby using cloth diapers, knows
> the deal.

Ayup! Works fine. Back when I and Don were young enough to enjoy
camping, that's what we had. No muss or fuss and nothing to liter a
campground with.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 May 2020 09:12:14 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> I never run the washer or dryer without being home and closeby... at
>> times washer fill hoses burst and dryers have lint fires.

>Whenever I go off for the day, everything is turned off except
>for the fridge. No lights, fans, heat/ac. Not even a crockpot
>to slowly cook your meal while you are at work.
>
>IMO, whenever you leave, always consider something
>unplanned might happen and you won't get back home for
>many days. Just my old Boy Scout motto - Be Prepared.
> (for anything that could happen)
>
>And my personal interpretation of that:
>If you prepare for the worse case scenario,
>you'll always be prepared.

I see no point in turning off the electric, I don't need to return and
reset all the clocks. In summer I leave the A/C on, it costs more to
cool the entire house than what's saved in electric turning it off.
Central A/C is on a thermostat, if we're gone for a day or two the
thermostat gets reset a few degrees higher. And we have LED night
lights that use .8W and shut off in day time. All our outdoor
lighting is LED, on at dusk off at dawn and very low wattage... a 10W
LED flood gives the light of a 150W incandescent. Most all our indoor
lighting has already been changed to LED. When an incandescent bulb
burns out it gets changed to LED. When we're not home we don't want
the house in darkness like no one is home. There are no street lights
here so we installed our own outdoor lighting... LED lighting is very
inexpensive.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
> >
> > I can't see the Covid19 situation increasing the need or use of
> > toilet paper. I might suggest that, given way that people are
> > hoarding it, leading to shortages on store shelves I imagine that
> > people are finding ways to cut down on their TP consumption. I am
> > wondering how much the manufacturers are planning to make and how
> > much retailers want to have to store. At some point this situation
> > will clear up and people will be confident of finding it in stores
> > again and they are going to stop hoarding it. Lots of people who
> > used to buy it weekly, biweekly or monthly are going to have
> > several months supply. Manufacturers and retailers will be paying a
> > lot of money for warehouse space to store the stuff that is not
> > selling.

> I have a theory that once people stop this tp hoarding panic,
> and plenty is on the shelves all the time again, all those
> hoarders won't buy any for months. This could lead to a
> large supply surplus and no demand.
>
> At that time, TP might go on great sale prices just because
> nobody is buying and they need to sell off the surplus.

I think you are right.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 May 2020 12:11:31 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

wrote:

>> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 12:11:31 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
>> >
>> > I was down to a couple of weeks left and last week, I went
>> > early. Only 2 12-packs double rolled there. First time in
>> > weeks that ANY were there.
>> >
>> > I got one so I'm all set now for a few months. WHEW!
>> >

>> When you shop again and if there is toilet paper on the shelf you
>> should buy another pack even though you are 'all set now for a few
>> months.' TP doesn't spoil, doesn't need refrigeration and you WILL
>> eventually need it if you have the space to store it.

>That way leads to no TP for the next person like Gary who was near out.
>No, he did the right thing and thought of the other person. Thats the
>sort of thinking that will nip the shortage in the bud. Your thinking
>just makes it last longer.

There was no shortage due to manufacturing or hoarding... the truckers
refused to enter the populous areas due to the high insidence of
virus.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 May 2020 08:30:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 9:14:14 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> > I never run the washer or dryer without being home and closeby... at
>> > times washer fill hoses burst and dryers have lint fires.

>> Whenever I go off for the day, everything is turned off except
>> for the fridge. No lights, fans, heat/ac. Not even a crockpot
>> to slowly cook your meal while you are at work.
>>
>> IMO, whenever you leave, always consider something
>> unplanned might happen and you won't get back home for
>> many days. Just my old Boy Scout motto - Be Prepared.
>> (for anything that could happen)

>Up here in the Great White North, if you turned off your heat on
>a winter day and didn't come back for many days, you'd return
>to frozen and burst plumbing pipes. And "many" might be a
>relatively small number. I'd rather leave the heat on.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Correct, here if you are away in deep winter the insurance requires
that you have someone coming in to check or they won't pay for water
damage.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 21 May 2020 18:53:28 -0300, Lucretia Borgia
> wrote:

>On Thu, 21 May 2020 08:30:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>Up here in the Great White North, if you turned off your heat on
>>a winter day and didn't come back for many days, you'd return
>>to frozen and burst plumbing pipes. And "many" might be a
>>relatively small number. I'd rather leave the heat on.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>Correct, here if you are away in deep winter the insurance requires
>that you have someone coming in to check or they won't pay for water
>damage.

I think it's really great of you people to live in those barren lands.
Carry on and stay warm!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-05-21 5:53 p.m., Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2020 08:30:54 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

>>> IMO, whenever you leave, always consider something
>>> unplanned might happen and you won't get back home for
>>> many days. Just my old Boy Scout motto - Be Prepared.
>>> (for anything that could happen)

>> Up here in the Great White North, if you turned off your heat on
>> a winter day and didn't come back for many days, you'd return
>> to frozen and burst plumbing pipes. And "many" might be a
>> relatively small number. I'd rather leave the heat on.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Correct, here if you are away in deep winter the insurance requires
> that you have someone coming in to check or they won't pay for water
> damage.

Same here. You have to have someone come at least once every three days
or you are out of luck for damage from frozen and burst pipes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:
> Sheldon Martin wrote:

>>> That way leads to no TP for the next person like Gary who was near
>>> out. No, he did the right thing and thought of the other person.
>>> Thats the sort of thinking that will nip the shortage in the bud.
>>> Your thinking just makes it last longer.

>> There was no shortage due to manufacturing or hoarding... the truckers
>> refused to enter the populous areas due to the high insidence of
>> virus.

> Thats not true Sheldon. There are no stockpiles at the factories.
> Deliveries are still happening in normal amounts.

Are you saying Popeye is a liar, A low down rotten cocksucker? Full
of shit? A douche? A moron? A homo?

Well that's all true, but he is still an american hero ... a sailor.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/22/2020 12:01 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

> Same here. You have to have someone come at least once every three days
> or you are out of luck for damage from frozen and burst pipes.

Our insurance requires maintaining a minimum temperature of 13C.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cshenk wrote:

> Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > There was no shortage due to manufacturing or hoarding... the truckers
> > refused to enter the populous areas due to the high insidence of
> > virus.

> Thats not true Sheldon. There are no stockpiles at the factories.
> Deliveries are still happening in normal amounts.

In Sheldon's defense, there was a mention one time on the
national news that many truckers were refusing to deliver
goods to the New York City area as it was such a hot spot
for the virus. This was over a month ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 May 2020 07:18:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>cshenk wrote:
>>
>> Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> > There was no shortage due to manufacturing or hoarding... the truckers
>> > refused to enter the populous areas due to the high insidence of
>> > virus.

>> Thats not true Sheldon. There are no stockpiles at the factories.
>> Deliveries are still happening in normal amounts.

>In Sheldon's defense, there was a mention one time on the
>national news that many truckers were refusing to deliver
>goods to the New York City area as it was such a hot spot
>for the virus. This was over a month ago.

The shortages lasted only a couple of days and then the truckers
resumed deliveries. The TP shortage only affected those cheap
*******s who refuse to stock up on necessaries.... a lot of people buy
TP by the single roll, that's why they're sold by the single roll...
same as a lot of women buy tampons one at a time from a machine.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
> >
> > Sheldon Martin wrote:
> > > There was no shortage due to manufacturing or hoarding... the
> > > truckers refused to enter the populous areas due to the high
> > > insidence of virus.

> > Thats not true Sheldon. There are no stockpiles at the factories.
> > Deliveries are still happening in normal amounts.

> In Sheldon's defense, there was a mention one time on the
> national news that many truckers were refusing to deliver
> goods to the New York City area as it was such a hot spot
> for the virus. This was over a month ago.

Yes but the rest functioned and that was short term stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:

> On Fri, 22 May 2020 07:18:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> > cshenk wrote:

> truckers >> > refused to enter the populous areas due to the high
> insidence of >> > virus.
> >>
> >> Thats not true Sheldon. There are no stockpiles at the factories.
> >> Deliveries are still happening in normal amounts.

> > In Sheldon's defense, there was a mention one time on the
> > national news that many truckers were refusing to deliver
> > goods to the New York City area as it was such a hot spot
> > for the virus. This was over a month ago.

> The shortages lasted only a couple of days and then the truckers
> resumed deliveries. The TP shortage only affected those cheap
> *******s who refuse to stock up on necessaries.... a lot of people buy
> TP by the single roll, that's why they're sold by the single roll...
> same as a lot of women buy tampons one at a time from a machine.

Good lord, you managed to be even more an idiot! Tampon machines went
out 40 years ago. You'd have to find a very old building with no
renovation to find one and they will be long unused.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 May 2020 08:58:26 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Fri, 22 May 2020 07:18:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>cshenk wrote:
>>>
>>> Thats not true Sheldon. There are no stockpiles at the factories.
>>> Deliveries are still happening in normal amounts.

>>In Sheldon's defense, there was a mention one time on the
>>national news that many truckers were refusing to deliver
>>goods to the New York City area as it was such a hot spot
>>for the virus. This was over a month ago.

>The shortages lasted only a couple of days and then the truckers
>resumed deliveries. The TP shortage only affected those cheap
>*******s who refuse to stock up on necessaries.... a lot of people buy
>TP by the single roll, that's why they're sold by the single roll...
>same as a lot of women buy tampons one at a time from a machine.

What a kerfuffle y'all make of this. But, anyway, Toilet Paper Gate
seems to be over. We were at a supermarket yesterday and they had more
toilet paper than we could have taken home, including a new
"Australian Made" brand. And no more limitation.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 3:39:22 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> What a kerfuffle y'all make of this. But, anyway, Toilet Paper Gate
> seems to be over. We were at a supermarket yesterday and they had more
> toilet paper than we could have taken home, including a new
> "Australian Made" brand. And no more limitation.

I was at Walmart and Kroger yesterday and both seemed to have a great deal
of toilet paper, mainly their own brand. Both had a great deal of packages
of paper towels as well. Unfortunately for me, all they had in stock was
the select-a-size. I know lots of people just love that type but personally
I can't stand them. I always want and use a full sheet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 May 2020 13:55:03 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 3:39:22 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> What a kerfuffle y'all make of this. But, anyway, Toilet Paper Gate
>> seems to be over. We were at a supermarket yesterday and they had more
>> toilet paper than we could have taken home, including a new
>> "Australian Made" brand. And no more limitation.
>>

>I was at Walmart and Kroger yesterday and both seemed to have a great deal
>of toilet paper, mainly their own brand. Both had a great deal of packages
>of paper towels as well. Unfortunately for me, all they had in stock was
>the select-a-size. I know lots of people just love that type but personally
>I can't stand them. I always want and use a full sheet.

It's called Select-A-Size for a reason, you can tear off a full sheet
or half a sheet... WTF is so difficult to comprehend? You can tear
off a 1 1/2 sheet size, a 2 sheet size or as much as you need. The
perforations tear very neatly, no lint, I think it's a fantastic idea,
definitely saves on waste, it's rare that I need a whole sheet. Before
Select-A-Size I used to cut a stack of full size sheets in half with
scissors. A half sheet is the perfect size for nose blowing, and they
are stronger, softer, and more absorbant than Kleenex.