Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Leftover chicken recipes

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/

I was looking for ideas for some leftover chicken that I have. I
found this site. There appears to be something here for almost every
taste. I didn't see any canned soup recipes but I am sure someone
with an eagle eye will find it.
I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 16:05:18 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
wrote:

>https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/
>
>I was looking for ideas for some leftover chicken that I have. I
>found this site. There appears to be something here for almost every
>taste. I didn't see any canned soup recipes but I am sure someone
>with an eagle eye will find it.
>I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0
>
>Janet US

Yesterday we ate a rotisserie chicken from BJs, and there was plenty
for dinner tonight, plenty for Jilly too.
Tomorrow I will make a rich soup for me for lunch from the remainders.
My wife wont but I like picking bones... I keep telling folks bone
soup is why I'm still here and why all my parts work so well... My
wife believes and tells her friends that collegen rich soup is the
remedy for preventing ED. I've always enjoyed foods rich in collegen.
too many men these days are addicted to fast food, no collegen.
Collegen is good for yoose galls too, collegen will keep yoose hips
supple into your 80s, 90s, and beyond.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/
>
>I was looking for ideas for some leftover chicken that I have. I
>found this site. There appears to be something here for almost every
>taste. I didn't see any canned soup recipes but I am sure someone
>with an eagle eye will find it.
>I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0
>
>Janet US

nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
salsa and some cilantro to garnish.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 7:47:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
> with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
> salsa and some cilantro to garnish.

Don't you mean a tortilla? Fajita is usually grilled meat served as a taco
on a tortilla. Fajita is not food item.

Cilantro=soap.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 16:05:18 -0700, U.S. Janet B. >
> wrote:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/

>> I was looking for ideas for some leftover chicken that I have. I
>> found this site. There appears to be something here for almost every
>> taste. I didn't see any canned soup recipes but I am sure someone
>> with an eagle eye will find it.
>> I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0
>>
>> Janet US

> nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
> with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
> salsa and some cilantro to garnish.

Would that get rid of the gluten?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 5:05:26 PM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

> https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/
>
> I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0
>
> Janet US

I buzzed through several of the recipes and saw Alfredo lasagna but I'd
probably just go with plain old chicken Alfredo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:20:56 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 7:47:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
>> with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
>> salsa and some cilantro to garnish.
>>

>Don't you mean a tortilla? Fajita is usually grilled meat served as a taco
>on a tortilla. Fajita is not food item.
>
>Cilantro=soap.

Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
(large OR small) in Southern California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajita

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19...ta-marinade-i/

And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
foods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:24:54 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 5:05:26 PM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/
>>
>> I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0
>>
>> Janet US
>>

>I buzzed through several of the recipes and saw Alfredo lasagna but I'd
>probably just go with plain old chicken Alfredo.

The remains of a BJs rotisserie chicken is right now becoming a
3 quart pot of chicken carcass soup, added carrot, celery, onion,
garlic, dill, and parsely.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:18:55 -0800, Still Bud >
wrote:

>Coriander

I think that is the cilantro seed ground to make a powder spice.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2/13/2020 9:18 PM, Still Bud wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:20:56 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 7:47:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>>
>>> nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
>>> with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
>>> salsa and some cilantro to garnish.
>>>

>> Don't you mean a tortilla? Fajita is usually grilled meat served as a taco
>> on a tortilla. Fajita is not food item.
>>
>> Cilantro=soap.

> Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
> as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
> tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
> juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
> (large OR small) in Southern California.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajita
>
> https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19...ta-marinade-i/
>
> And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
> foods.

But you don't wrap food in a Fajita.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:18:55 -0800, Still Bud >
> wrote:
>
>> Coriander

> I think that is the cilantro seed ground to make a powder spice.

Kinda, but not really. The plant is coriander. The Spanish word for
coriander is cilantro, which is how we came to call the leaves and stems
cilantro here in the US. The seeds, however, are only called coriander
seed, not cilantro seed. Other parts of the world call coriander leaves
coriander.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:27:38 -0800, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 2/13/2020 9:18 PM, Still Bud wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:20:56 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:

>>> Don't you mean a tortilla? Fajita is usually grilled meat served as a taco
>>> on a tortilla. Fajita is not food item.
>>>
>>> Cilantro=soap.

>> Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
>> as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
>> tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
>> juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
>> (large OR small) in Southern California.
>>
>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajita
>>
>> https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19...ta-marinade-i/
>>
>> And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
>> foods.
>>

>But you don't wrap food in a Fajita.

But you do wrap a fajita in a tortilla also known as a fajita wrap.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 11:47:28 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:27:38 -0800, Taxed and Spent
> > wrote:
>
> >On 2/13/2020 9:18 PM, Still Bud wrote:
> >> On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:20:56 -0800 (PST), "

> >> Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
> >> as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
> >> tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
> >> juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
> >> (large OR small) in Southern California.
> >>
> >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajita
> >>
> >> https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19...ta-marinade-i/
> >>
> >> And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
> >> foods.
> >>

> >But you don't wrap food in a Fajita.

> But you do wrap a fajita in a tortilla also known as a fajita wrap.
>
> --
>
> ____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

That's like saying you fill a taco in a taco shell to make a taco. Please don't do that!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 11:19:02 PM UTC-6, Still Bud wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:20:56 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 7:47:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> >>
> >> nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
> >> with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
> >> salsa and some cilantro to garnish.
> >>

> >Don't you mean a tortilla? Fajita is usually grilled meat served as a taco
> >on a tortilla. Fajita is not food item.
> >
> >Cilantro=soap.

> Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
> as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
> tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
> juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
> (large OR small) in Southern California.

A fajita in Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine is any grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla.

Yes, fajita is food but fajita as in wrapping the meat in a fajita is false.
Crusty Kruller stated to wrap the meat in a fajita. My fault for not
explaining more thoroughly.

> And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
> foods.

Yes, it is and for those of us who despise that nasty taste in foods do not
eat it. Pico de gallo is a prime example of cilantro being used to ruin a
dish. Coriander s.e.e.d. (thankfully) is a completely different flavor.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 1:27:42 PM UTC-6, Taxed and Spent wrote:

> But you don't wrap food in a Fajita.

Thank you. It IS a food item but not an ingredient or item used in that dish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 11:27:38 -0800, Taxed and Spent
> > wrote:
>
> >But you don't wrap food in a Fajita.

> But you do wrap a fajita in a tortilla also known as a fajita wrap.

Yeah, but that's not what you originally said. Face it, you flubbed your
first post on this subject.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:20:49 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 11:19:02 PM UTC-6, Still Bud wrote:
>> On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:20:56 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:

>> >Don't you mean a tortilla? Fajita is usually grilled meat served as a taco
>> >on a tortilla. Fajita is not food item.
>> >
>> >Cilantro=soap.

>> Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
>> as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
>> tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
>> juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
>> (large OR small) in Southern California.
>>

>A fajita in Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine is any grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla.
>>

>Yes, fajita is food but fajita as in wrapping the meat in a fajita is false.
>Crusty Kruller stated to wrap the meat in a fajita. My fault for not
>explaining more thoroughly.
>>
>> And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
>> foods.
>>

>Yes, it is and for those of us who despise that nasty taste in foods do not
>eat it. Pico de gallo is a prime example of cilantro being used to ruin a
>dish. Coriander s.e.e.d. (thankfully) is a completely different flavor.

yes I meant to say wrap in AS a fajita and not in a fajita, but I mean
seriously you are going to pick nits of something like that. In fact
you and a few others go on your nitpicking for no other reason than
for the hell of it or because you are just so incredibly bored that
picking nits is the highlight of you day. So what does that say about
you?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:20:49 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>Yes, it is and for those of us who despise that nasty taste in foods do not
>eat it. Pico de gallo is a prime example of cilantro being used to ruin a
>dish. Coriander s.e.e.d. (thankfully) is a completely different flavor.

I was born, raised, and lived most of my life in San Diego County.

I dislike most Mexican food, especially fast food (AND refriednbeans),
but I LOVE real (home made) tamales, and quesadillas, but little else.

Can't say I have ever used cilantro, but have seen it used lots.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:20:49 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >Yes, fajita is food but fajita as in wrapping the meat in a fajita is false.
> >Crusty Kruller stated to wrap the meat in a fajita. My fault for not
> >explaining more thoroughly.
> >>

> yes I meant to say wrap in AS a fajita and not in a fajita, but I mean
> seriously you are going to pick nits of something like that. In fact
> you and a few others go on your nitpicking for no other reason than
> for the hell of it or because you are just so incredibly bored that
> picking nits is the highlight of you day. So what does that say about
> you?

Yes, when you make false and stupid statements I'm going to nitpick your
statements like a buzzard picking bones on a dead carcass. Watch your
step Crusty Kruller.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:13:22 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:

> At least he's not claiming you can make fajitas using tortillas made
> from cauliflower.
>
> Jill

I'll give him that but he's probably working on some such concoction and now
he's ****ed he's been called on his flub.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:52:52 PM UTC-6, Still Bud wrote:

> I was born, raised, and lived most of my life in San Diego County.
>
> I dislike most Mexican food, especially fast food (AND refriednbeans),
> but I LOVE real (home made) tamales, and quesadillas, but little else.

I've had some re-fried beans that were heavenly. But most I've eaten lately are
nothing more than a can of cooked pintos that were mashed with a potato masher
are just terrible.

> Can't say I have ever used cilantro, but have seen it used lots.

Personally, I don't think you've missed a thing but you might try it and really
like it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:23:47 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:13:08 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:20:49 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Yes, fajita is food but fajita as in wrapping the meat in a fajita is false.
>> >Crusty Kruller stated to wrap the meat in a fajita. My fault for not
>> >explaining more thoroughly.
>> >>

>> yes I meant to say wrap in AS a fajita and not in a fajita, but I mean
>> seriously you are going to pick nits of something like that. In fact
>> you and a few others go on your nitpicking for no other reason than
>> for the hell of it or because you are just so incredibly bored that
>> picking nits is the highlight of you day. So what does that say about
>> you?
>>

>Yes, when you make false and stupid statements I'm going to nitpick your
>statements like a buzzard picking bones on a dead carcass. Watch your
>step Crusty Kruller.

I made no false statements, what I said is accurate just incorrectly
worded.
Saying that someone is making a false and stupid statement implies
intent and there was no intent.

Then again you are STILL trying to nitpick over nothing AGAIN so
there seems to be a repetitive problem.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 6:48:18 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:

> No doubt. Hey, the topic is leftover chicken. I don't have any
> leftover chicken but I do have some bone-in chicken thighs in the
> freezer. I was thinking of baking them (usual egg wash, breadcrumbs -
> I'm not afraid of gluten - with grated Parm coating). I'm thinking of
> making some cornbread dressing to go along with it. Trust me, no
> cauliflower will be involved in the making of my cornbread dressing.
>
> Jill

I'm planning on making some chicken and cornbread dressing in the next couple
of days. But no cauliflower will be served, green beans maybe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> I made no false statements, what I said is accurate just incorrectly
> worded.
> Saying that someone is making a false and stupid statement implies
> intent and there was no intent.
>
> Then again you are STILL trying to nitpick over nothing AGAIN so
> there seems to be a repetitive problem.

Would you like some cheese with that whine?? I've got some tissues handy if
you don't have a handkerchief, too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 11:19:02 PM UTC-6, Still Bud wrote:
> > On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:20:56 -0800 (PST), "
> > > wrote:

> > >Don't you mean a tortilla? Fajita is usually grilled meat served as a taco
> > >on a tortilla. Fajita is not food item.
> > >
> > >Cilantro=soap.

> > Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
> > as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
> > tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
> > juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
> > (large OR small) in Southern California.
> >

> A fajita in Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine is any grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla.
> >

> Yes, fajita is food but fajita as in wrapping the meat in a fajita is false.
> Crusty Kruller stated to wrap the meat in a fajita. My fault for not
> explaining more thoroughly.
> >
> > And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
> > foods.
> >

> Yes, it is and for those of us who despise that nasty taste in foods do not
> eat it. Pico de gallo is a prime example of cilantro being used to ruin a
> dish. Coriander s.e.e.d. (thankfully) is a completely different flavor.

Mmmm. Cilantro. One of my favorite uses is to put a handful of sprigs
into a salad, top it with shrimp, and dress with a lime vinaigrette.
Slices of fresh jalapeno are good in it.

I once had a cilantro plant go to seed and saved some of the seeds. Very
fresh, they tasted a lot more like cilantro leaves than any packaged
coriander seed I've ever had.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 16:23:47 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:13:08 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> >>
> >> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:20:49 -0800 (PST), "

> >> yes I meant to say wrap in AS a fajita and not in a fajita, but I mean
> >> seriously you are going to pick nits of something like that. In fact
> >> you and a few others go on your nitpicking for no other reason than
> >> for the hell of it or because you are just so incredibly bored that
> >> picking nits is the highlight of you day. So what does that say about
> >> you?
> >>

> >Yes, when you make false and stupid statements I'm going to nitpick your
> >statements like a buzzard picking bones on a dead carcass. Watch your
> >step Crusty Kruller.

> I made no false statements, what I said is accurate just incorrectly
> worded.
> Saying that someone is making a false and stupid statement implies
> intent and there was no intent.
>
> Then again you are STILL trying to nitpick over nothing AGAIN so
> there seems to be a repetitive problem.

Or, you could acknowledge you ****ed up and everybody could move on.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 02:46:13 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:20:56 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 11:19:02 PM UTC-6, Still Bud wrote:
>> > On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:20:56 -0800 (PST), "

>> > Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
>> > as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
>> > tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
>> > juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
>> > (large OR small) in Southern California.
>> >

>> A fajita in Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine is any grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla.
>> >

>> Yes, fajita is food but fajita as in wrapping the meat in a fajita is false.
>> Crusty Kruller stated to wrap the meat in a fajita. My fault for not
>> explaining more thoroughly.
>> >
>> > And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
>> > foods.
>> >

>> Yes, it is and for those of us who despise that nasty taste in foods do not
>> eat it. Pico de gallo is a prime example of cilantro being used to ruin a
>> dish. Coriander s.e.e.d. (thankfully) is a completely different flavor.

>Mmmm. Cilantro. One of my favorite uses is to put a handful of sprigs
>into a salad, top it with shrimp, and dress with a lime vinaigrette.
>Slices of fresh jalapeno are good in it.

Sounds very good. I like cilantro in a dish like that. Whether one
calls it soapy or not soapy.

>I once had a cilantro plant go to seed and saved some of the seeds. Very
>fresh, they tasted a lot more like cilantro leaves than any packaged
>coriander seed I've ever had.

I remember it tended to go to seed rather quickly in hot weather, so
if I'd been disciplined enough, I should have planted the seeds again
and again to always have a fresh plant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> You're both just soapers!

i like the taste of cilantro and it does taste a bit
like soap to me too. yum! more for me!

songbird

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 02:46:13 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 5:20:56 PM UTC-5, wrote:
>> On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 11:19:02 PM UTC-6, Still Bud wrote:
>> > On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:20:56 -0800 (PST), "

>> > Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
>> > as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
>> > tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
>> > juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
>> > (large OR small) in Southern California.
>> >

>> A fajita in Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine is any grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla.
>> >

>> Yes, fajita is food but fajita as in wrapping the meat in a fajita is false.
>> Crusty Kruller stated to wrap the meat in a fajita. My fault for not
>> explaining more thoroughly.
>> >
>> > And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
>> > foods.
>> >

>> Yes, it is and for those of us who despise that nasty taste in foods do not
>> eat it. Pico de gallo is a prime example of cilantro being used to ruin a
>> dish. Coriander s.e.e.d. (thankfully) is a completely different flavor.

>Mmmm. Cilantro. One of my favorite uses is to put a handful of sprigs
>into a salad, top it with shrimp, and dress with a lime vinaigrette.
>Slices of fresh jalapeno are good in it.
>
>I once had a cilantro plant go to seed and saved some of the seeds. Very
>fresh, they tasted a lot more like cilantro leaves than any packaged
>coriander seed I've ever had.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

To me cilantro tastes exactly like soap.