Old 14-02-2020, 12:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Leftover chicken recipes

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/

I was looking for ideas for some leftover chicken that I have. I
found this site. There appears to be something here for almost every
taste. I didn't see any canned soup recipes but I am sure someone
with an eagle eye will find it.
I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0

Janet US

Old 14-02-2020, 02:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 16:05:18 -0700, U.S. Janet B.
wrote:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/

I was looking for ideas for some leftover chicken that I have. I
found this site. There appears to be something here for almost every
taste. I didn't see any canned soup recipes but I am sure someone
with an eagle eye will find it.
I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0

Janet US

Yesterday we ate a rotisserie chicken from BJs, and there was plenty
for dinner tonight, plenty for Jilly too.
Tomorrow I will make a rich soup for me for lunch from the remainders.
My wife wont but I like picking bones... I keep telling folks bone
soup is why I'm still here and why all my parts work so well... My
wife believes and tells her friends that collegen rich soup is the
remedy for preventing ED. I've always enjoyed foods rich in collegen.
too many men these days are addicted to fast food, no collegen.
Collegen is good for yoose galls too, collegen will keep yoose hips
supple into your 80s, 90s, and beyond.
Old 14-02-2020, 02:47 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/

I was looking for ideas for some leftover chicken that I have. I
found this site. There appears to be something here for almost every
taste. I didn't see any canned soup recipes but I am sure someone
with an eagle eye will find it.
I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0

Janet US

nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
salsa and some cilantro to garnish.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Old 14-02-2020, 03:20 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 7:47:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:

nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
salsa and some cilantro to garnish.

Don't you mean a tortilla? Fajita is usually grilled meat served as a taco
on a tortilla. Fajita is not food item.

Cilantro=soap.

Old 14-02-2020, 03:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/

I was looking for ideas for some leftover chicken that I have. I
found this site. There appears to be something here for almost every
taste. I didn't see any canned soup recipes but I am sure someone
with an eagle eye will find it.
I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0

Janet US

nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
salsa and some cilantro to garnish.

Would that get rid of the gluten?

Old 14-02-2020, 03:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 5:05:26 PM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/

I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0

Janet US

I buzzed through several of the recipes and saw Alfredo lasagna but I'd
probably just go with plain old chicken Alfredo.
Old 14-02-2020, 06:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:20:56 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 7:47:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:

nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
salsa and some cilantro to garnish.

Don't you mean a tortilla? Fajita is usually grilled meat served as a taco
on a tortilla. Fajita is not food item.

Cilantro=soap.

Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
(large OR small) in Southern California.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fajita

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/19...ta-marinade-i/

And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
foods.

Old 14-02-2020, 02:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 18:24:54 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 5:05:26 PM UTC-6, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

https://www.tasteofhome.com/collecti...icken-recipes/

I'm going with the Quick Greek Casserole (way down on the list0

Janet US

I buzzed through several of the recipes and saw Alfredo lasagna but I'd
probably just go with plain old chicken Alfredo.

The remains of a BJs rotisserie chicken is right now becoming a
3 quart pot of chicken carcass soup, added carrot, celery, onion,
garlic, dill, and parsely.
Old 14-02-2020, 03:38 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:18:55 -0800, Still Bud
wrote:

Coriander

I think that is the cilantro seed ground to make a powder spice.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Old 14-02-2020, 08:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

But you don't wrap food in a Fajita.

Old 14-02-2020, 10:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Coriander

I think that is the cilantro seed ground to make a powder spice.

Kinda, but not really. The plant is coriander. The Spanish word for
coriander is cilantro, which is how we came to call the leaves and stems
cilantro here in the US. The seeds, however, are only called coriander
seed, not cilantro seed. Other parts of the world call coriander leaves
coriander.

Old 14-02-2020, 10:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

But you do wrap a fajita in a tortilla also known as a fajita wrap.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Old 14-02-2020, 10:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

That's like saying you fill a taco in a taco shell to make a taco. Please don't do that!
Old 14-02-2020, 11:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Thursday, February 13, 2020 at 7:47:44 PM UTC-6, wrote:

nah the best thing you can do is through a bit of cumin on it along
with a little salsa and wrap it in a fajita. Top it with a bit of
salsa and some cilantro to garnish.

Don't you mean a tortilla? Fajita is usually grilled meat served as a taco
on a tortilla. Fajita is not food item.

Cilantro=soap.

Fajita is ABSOLUTELY food, most commonly beef abdominal muscle (known
as flap meat) but other meats might be in play now, slow cooked to
tenderize it, and usually marinated in several spices and citrus
juices to help the tenderizing. Available in pretty much any market
(large OR small) in Southern California.

A fajita in Tex-Mex and Mexican cuisine is any grilled meat that is usually served as a taco on a flour or corn tortilla.

Yes, fajita is food but fajita as in wrapping the meat in a fajita is false.
Crusty Kruller stated to wrap the meat in a fajita. My fault for not
explaining more thoroughly.

And Cilantro is also known as Coriander, a common spice in Mexican
foods.

Yes, it is and for those of us who despise that nasty taste in foods do not
eat it. Pico de gallo is a prime example of cilantro being used to ruin a
dish. Coriander s.e.e.d. (thankfully) is a completely different flavor.
Old 14-02-2020, 11:22 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 1:27:42 PM UTC-6, Taxed and Spent wrote:

But you don't wrap food in a Fajita.

Thank you. It IS a food item but not an ingredient or item used in that dish.