Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Backed breakfast

Last night I used a small pan in the oven and I added a slice of bacon
to cook for another use. So this morning, I'm looking at the pan and
decided to make breakfast in it. I put in a couple of slices of thick
cut bacon. When done, there was a little bacon fat so I cracked two
eggs and put it back in the oven. The eggs cooked up and made two
perfect sunny side up in the pan. Unlike a griddle or fry pan, heat was
coming from top as well as bottom and the white set easily and evenly.

I'm going to do it again that way.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Last night I used a small pan in the oven and I added a slice of
> bacon to cook for another use.* So this morning, I'm looking at the
> pan and decided to make breakfast in it.* I put in a couple of
> slices of thick cut bacon.* When done, there was a little bacon fat
> so I cracked two eggs and put it back in the oven. The eggs cooked
> up and made two perfect sunny side up in the pan.* Unlike a griddle
> or fry pan, heat was coming from top as well as bottom and the
> white set easily and evenly.
>
> I'm going to do it again that way.

Sounds like a good idea. What temp and how much time for the eggs?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/26/2020 9:28 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> Last night I used a small pan in the oven and I added a slice of bacon
>> to cook for another use.Â* So this morning, I'm looking at the pan and
>> decided to make breakfast in it.Â* I put in a couple of slices of thick
>> cut bacon.Â* When done, there was a little bacon fat so I cracked two
>> eggs and put it back in the oven. The eggs cooked up and made two
>> perfect sunny side up in the pan.Â* Unlike a griddle or fry pan, heat
>> was coming from top as well as bottom and the white set easily and
>> evenly.
>>
>> I'm going to do it again that way.

> Sounds like a good idea. What temp and how much time for the eggs?

Oven was at 350. Not sure of the time but not much different that a fry
pan as I put the toast in at the same time and they were done together,
same as when I fry them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-26 10:22 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/26/2020 9:28 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>> Last night I used a small pan in the oven and I added a slice of
>>> bacon to cook for another use.Â* So this morning, I'm looking at the
>>> pan and decided to make breakfast in it.Â* I put in a couple of slices
>>> of thick cut bacon.Â* When done, there was a little bacon fat so I
>>> cracked two eggs and put it back in the oven. The eggs cooked up and
>>> made two perfect sunny side up in the pan.Â* Unlike a griddle or fry
>>> pan, heat was coming from top as well as bottom and the white set
>>> easily and evenly.
>>>
>>> I'm going to do it again that way.

>> Sounds like a good idea. What temp and how much time for the eggs?
>>

> Oven was at 350.Â* Not sure of the time but not much different that a fry
> pan as I put the toast in at the same time and they were done together,
> same as when I fry them.

My toaster seems to be a good egg time, unless they are scrambled.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Oven was at 350. Not sure of the time but not much different that a fry
> pan as I put the toast in at the same time and they were done together,
> same as when I fry them.

Whenever I make eggs for a meal, last 2 things I do is to make
toast and butter them while hot, then immediately eggs go
into the pan. Eggs are already opened and buttered pan is hot.
I would hate to deal with them both being ready at the same time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 20:58:47 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>Last night I used a small pan in the oven and I added a slice of bacon
>to cook for another use. So this morning, I'm looking at the pan and
>decided to make breakfast in it. I put in a couple of slices of thick
>cut bacon. When done, there was a little bacon fat so I cracked two
>eggs and put it back in the oven. The eggs cooked up and made two
>perfect sunny side up in the pan. Unlike a griddle or fry pan, heat was
>coming from top as well as bottom and the white set easily and evenly.
>
>I'm going to do it again that way.

Oven poached eggs in bacon fat... likely tasty but not at all
healthful... I'd prefer standard poached eggs... and hold the bacon.
Actually I'd much prefer a smallish ham steak with my poached...
buttered cinnamon raisin toast and a couple cups of black n' strong.
I know that most will differ but to my buds bacon is the ruination of
eggs and everything else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 2:57:29 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 20:58:47 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
> >Last night I used a small pan in the oven and I added a slice of bacon
> >to cook for another use. So this morning, I'm looking at the pan and
> >decided to make breakfast in it. I put in a couple of slices of thick
> >cut bacon. When done, there was a little bacon fat so I cracked two
> >eggs and put it back in the oven. The eggs cooked up and made two
> >perfect sunny side up in the pan. Unlike a griddle or fry pan, heat was
> >coming from top as well as bottom and the white set easily and evenly.
> >
> >I'm going to do it again that way.

> Oven poached eggs in bacon fat... likely tasty but not at all
> healthful...

Not every meal has to be healthful.

> I'd prefer standard poached eggs... and hold the bacon.
> Actually I'd much prefer a smallish ham steak with my poached...
> buttered cinnamon raisin toast and a couple cups of black n' strong.
> I know that most will differ but to my buds bacon is the ruination of
> eggs and everything else.

The raisin toast is probably worse for you than bacon. Moot, I know,
because you don't like bacon.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 12:24:50 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 2:57:29 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

>> Oven poached eggs in bacon fat... likely tasty but not at all
>> healthful...

>Not every meal has to be healthful.
>
>> I'd prefer standard poached eggs... and hold the bacon.
>> Actually I'd much prefer a smallish ham steak with my poached...
>> buttered cinnamon raisin toast and a couple cups of black n' strong.
>> I know that most will differ but to my buds bacon is the ruination of
>> eggs and everything else.

>The raisin toast is probably worse for you than bacon. Moot, I know,
>because you don't like bacon.

Bacon's bad for your body and even worse for your karma.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 3:27:22 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 12:24:50 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 2:57:29 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> >> Oven poached eggs in bacon fat... likely tasty but not at all
> >> healthful...

> >Not every meal has to be healthful.
> >
> >> I'd prefer standard poached eggs... and hold the bacon.
> >> Actually I'd much prefer a smallish ham steak with my poached...
> >> buttered cinnamon raisin toast and a couple cups of black n' strong.
> >> I know that most will differ but to my buds bacon is the ruination of
> >> eggs and everything else.

> >The raisin toast is probably worse for you than bacon. Moot, I know,
> >because you don't like bacon.

> Bacon's bad for your body and even worse for your karma.

Cinnamon raisin toast is bad for your blood sugar and perhaps your
cholesterol.

Note that he would enjoy ham, which has an identical effect on his karma.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-27 3:24 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 2:57:29 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

ot every meal has to be healthful.

>> I'd prefer standard poached eggs... and hold the bacon.
>> Actually I'd much prefer a smallish ham steak with my poached...
>> buttered cinnamon raisin toast and a couple cups of black n' strong.
>> I know that most will differ but to my buds bacon is the ruination of
>> eggs and everything else.

> The raisin toast is probably worse for you than bacon. Moot, I know,
> because you don't like bacon.

I love raisin toast, but it always fails to satisfy. I have the same
problem with bagels. Even if I have cream cheese on them I am left
wanting more.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 12:32:17 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>> >The raisin toast is probably worse for you than bacon. Moot, I know,
>> >because you don't like bacon.

>> Bacon's bad for your body and even worse for your karma.

>Cinnamon raisin toast is bad for your blood sugar and perhaps your
>cholesterol.

We're not all diabetics. Cholesterol... I don't know what they put in
toast that raises your bad cholesterol.

>Note that he would enjoy ham, which has an identical effect on his karma.

Yes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 16:09:34 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2020-01-27 3:24 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 2:57:29 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

>ot every meal has to be healthful.
>>
>>> I'd prefer standard poached eggs... and hold the bacon.
>>> Actually I'd much prefer a smallish ham steak with my poached...
>>> buttered cinnamon raisin toast and a couple cups of black n' strong.
>>> I know that most will differ but to my buds bacon is the ruination of
>>> eggs and everything else.

>> The raisin toast is probably worse for you than bacon. Moot, I know,
>> because you don't like bacon.
>>

>I love raisin toast, but it always fails to satisfy.

That's a strange little contradiction right there.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 4:16:59 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 12:32:17 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Bacon's bad for your body and even worse for your karma.

> >Cinnamon raisin toast is bad for your blood sugar and perhaps your
> >cholesterol.

> We're not all diabetics. Cholesterol... I don't know what they put in
> toast that raises your bad cholesterol.

A good way to help prevent diabetes is to eat as if you are a Type 2 diabetic.

Recent thinking on carbohydrates and cholesterol can be found with a simple
google search.

Here's a reference:

<https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1479303/>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 13:26:23 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 4:16:59 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Jan 2020 12:32:17 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Cinnamon raisin toast is bad for your blood sugar and perhaps your
>> >cholesterol.

>> We're not all diabetics. Cholesterol... I don't know what they put in
>> toast that raises your bad cholesterol.

>A good way to help prevent diabetes is to eat as if you are a Type 2 diabetic.

That may apply in a country where everyone is (pre)diabetic, but
diabetes is the least of my concerns.

>Recent thinking on carbohydrates and cholesterol can be found with a simple
>google search.
>
>Here's a reference:
>
><https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1479303/>

Another reference:
<https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=32496>
"The justification for low carbohydrate diets will have to be found
somewhere other than with cholesterol."

Who knows.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 2:57:29 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Jan 2020 20:58:47 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>>> Last night I used a small pan in the oven and I added a slice of bacon
>>> to cook for another use. So this morning, I'm looking at the pan and
>>> decided to make breakfast in it. I put in a couple of slices of thick
>>> cut bacon. When done, there was a little bacon fat so I cracked two
>>> eggs and put it back in the oven. The eggs cooked up and made two
>>> perfect sunny side up in the pan. Unlike a griddle or fry pan, heat was
>>> coming from top as well as bottom and the white set easily and evenly.
>>>
>>> I'm going to do it again that way.

>> Oven poached eggs in bacon fat... likely tasty but not at all
>> healthful...

> Not every meal has to be healthful.
>
>> I'd prefer standard poached eggs... and hold the bacon.
>> Actually I'd much prefer a smallish ham steak with my poached...
>> buttered cinnamon raisin toast and a couple cups of black n' strong.
>> I know that most will differ but to my buds bacon is the ruination of
>> eggs and everything else.

> The raisin toast is probably worse for you than bacon. Moot, I know,
> because you don't like bacon.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

He needs to get "I HATE BACON" tattooed on his forehead.

And maybe put it in his signature.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Jan 27, , Dave Smith wrote
(in article >):

> I love raisin toast, but it always fails to satisfy. I have the same
> problem with bagels. Even if I have cream cheese on them I am left
> wanting more.

I agree on the bagel and cream cheese front. It lacks lox or gravlax and
capers. Thatll do it up right, even in Nevada for an eccentric jingoist
like me.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> I love raisin toast, but it always fails to satisfy. I have the same
> problem with bagels. Even if I have cream cheese on them I am left
> wanting more.

That's true. Same issue here with raisin toast. So good and 2
won't do. I'll make 4 at a time and STILL want more. This is
why I rarely have raisin toast. You can't just eat one.