Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner for a chilly Friday

Â* There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
, destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of
fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will
be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid
for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut
up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10"
cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up
with SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 12:25:56 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
> Â* There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
> , destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
> should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of
> fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will
> be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid
> for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut
> up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10"
> cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up
> with SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

Sounds nice.

It's leftover chicken cordon bleu for us. Tomorrow (or Sunday) it'll
be pot roast. I've got a big chunk of chuck (English cut, IIRC).

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Â*had to make a correction ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:

> with SPOG....

WTF (what-the-f*ck) is "SPOG"?

Been reading this group fer over 15 yrs and never heard of "SPOG".

Sure, found it on Gobble, but still.......... "SP" is prolly "S&P", or S/P, but
"SPOG" (the OG is prolly Onion, Garlic)?

Either spell it out or don't use it, even if you are "crotchety"!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2020 2:22 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:
>
>> with SPOG....

> WTF (what-the-f*ck) is "SPOG"?
>
> Been reading this group fer over 15 yrs and never heard of "SPOG".
>
> Sure, found it on Gobble, but still.......... "SP" is prolly "S&P", or S/P, but
> "SPOG" (the OG is prolly Onion, Garlic)?
>
> Either spell it out or don't use it, even if you are "crotchety"!
>
> nb

Â* Oh come on man , somebody gotta make up them acronyms ! You're right
, it means salt-pepper-onion-garlic , and is my go-to selection of basic
spicing . You can do a lot just by varying the ratios and adding
selected other spices . Not every dish needs garlic to be the main note
,Â* just as the violins cannot dominate every tune .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

tert in seattle wrote:

> writes:
> >On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:
> >
> >> with SPOG....

> >WTF (what-the-f*ck) is "SPOG"?
> >
> >Been reading this group fer over 15 yrs and never heard of "SPOG".
> >
> >Sure, found it on Gobble, but still.......... "SP" is prolly "S&P", or S/P, but
> >"SPOG" (the OG is prolly Onion, Garlic)?
> >
> >Either spell it out or don't use it, even if you are "crotchety"!
> >
> >nb

> PKB

Here's yer "PKB", tert:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mid-Oh...gional_Airport

"Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Airport

IATA: PKBICAO: KPKBFAA LID: PKB

Summary
Airport type Public
Owner Wood County Airport Authority
Operator Wood County Airport Authority
Serves Parkersburg, West Virginia and Marietta, Ohio
Location Wood County, West Virginia, U.S.
Elevation AMSL 859 ft / 262 m
Coordinates 39°20€²42€³N 081°26€²22€³WCoordinates: 39°20€²42€³N 081°26€²22€³W
Website www.FlyMOV.com

PKB is located in West Virginia

Statistics (2016)
Aircraft operations 28,582
Based aircraft 61
Source: Federal Aviation Administration[1]

Mid-Ohio Valley Regional Airport (IATA: PKB[2], ICAO: KPKB, FAA LID: PKB) is seven miles northeast of Parkersburg, in Wood County, West Virginia.[1] It is owned by the Wood County Airport Authority[1] and is also known as Wood County Airport or Gill Robb Wilson Field. It serves the Mid-Ohio Valley area which includes the Ohio cities of Marietta and Belpre and the West Virginia cities of Williamstown, Parkersburg and Vienna. It has scheduled passenger service subsidized by the Essential Air Service program.

The Federal Aviation Administration says the airport had 5,275 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008,[3] 5,930 in 2009 and 5,477 in 2010.[4] The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011€“2015 categorized it as a non-primary commercial service airport.[5]

The first airline flights were American DC-3s in 1946. All American arrived in 1949 and Piedmont in 1955; Lake Central replaced American in 1961. The first jets were Allegheny about the end of 1976; Piedmont pulled out in 1979 and Allegheny Commuter replaced Allegheny in 1980..."

</>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 14:28:29 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 1/24/2020 2:22 PM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:
>>
>>> with SPOG....

>> WTF (what-the-f*ck) is "SPOG"?
>>
>> Been reading this group fer over 15 yrs and never heard of "SPOG".
>>
>> Sure, found it on Gobble, but still.......... "SP" is prolly "S&P", or S/P, but
>> "SPOG" (the OG is prolly Onion, Garlic)?
>>
>> Either spell it out or don't use it, even if you are "crotchety"!
>>
>> nb

> Â* Oh come on man , somebody gotta make up them acronyms ! You're right
>, it means salt-pepper-onion-garlic , and is my go-to selection of basic
>spicing . You can do a lot just by varying the ratios and adding
>selected other spices . Not every dish needs garlic to be the main note
>,Â* just as the violins cannot dominate every tune .

And snag means Sensitive New Age Guy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:

> * Oh come on man , somebody gotta make up them acronyms !

No! They don't!!

You need to join CRAP - Curmudgeons Resisting Acronym Propagation
(made that one up, myself. heh....). I say this cuz acronyms were
all the rage, back in the RFC day.

BTW (By-The-Way), Garlic and Onion (powdered vs fresh) are two
different animals. I usta use fresh in my Creole spice mix, but
changed to powdered when I realized the powdered version worked better
in that particular application.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:

>> >WTF (what-the-f*ck) is "SPOG"?
>> >
>> >Been reading this group fer over 15 yrs and never heard of "SPOG".
>> >
>> >Sure, found it on Gobble, but still.......... "SP" is prolly "S&P",

>or S/P, but
>> >"SPOG" (the OG is prolly Onion, Garlic)?
>> >
>> >Either spell it out or don't use it, even if you are "crotchety"!
>> >
>> >nb

>> PKB

>That's groovy. My sister-in-law, is coming in today so maybe I can make
>some Okinawan PKB for her. I made some prune mui for her last week. It
>has to sit a while to become total sweet-sour-salty gold. This is
>progressing well.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nAEZ3cjGuVM44O

Protein Kinase B

Produkt Krajowy Brutto (Polish: Gross Domestic Product)

Pot, Kettle, Black (Usenet shorthand for 'Look at the pot calling the
kettle black')

Pacamor Kubar Bearings (Troy, NY)

Parkersburg / Marietta, WV, USA - Wood County (Airport Code)

Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa (National Awakening Party, Indonesia)

Package Body File (Oracle)

Patients Know Best, a British personal health records company

Państwowy Korpus Bezpieczeństwa, a Polish underground police force
during World War II

Base dissociation constant as pKb or pKB, a chemical compound descriptive
parameter

Package Body, filename extension (.pkb) for PL/SQL program code modules
in the Oracle Database

Personal knowledge base, a type of electronic tool for managing an
individual's knowledge

PerfKit Benchmarker an open source benchmarking framework for Cloud.

PKB Corporation, a Serbian agribusiness company

Physical KeyBoard, often used in literature referring to cell phones
esp. BlackBerry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2020 3:49 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:
>
>> Â* Oh come on man , somebody gotta make up them acronyms !

> No! They don't!!
>
> You need to join CRAP - Curmudgeons Resisting Acronym Propagation
> (made that one up, myself. heh....). I say this cuz acronyms were
> all the rage, back in the RFC day.
>
> BTW (By-The-Way), Garlic and Onion (powdered vs fresh) are two
> different animals. I usta use fresh in my Creole spice mix, but
> changed to powdered when I realized the powdered version worked better
> in that particular application.
>
> nb

Oh absolutely ! Fresh vs dried , 2 radically different flavor profiles .
Some dishes are better with one , some with the other . We keep both
fresh and dried onions in flakes and powdered , and both fresh and dried
garlic . I don't claim any great talent as a cook , but we can both
stand to eat what I fix and neither of us is exactly wasting away ...
right now I'm enjoying some tequila with lemon and salt . Delicious !
<shiver>

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:

> >or S/P, but

> >> PKB

> >That's groovy. My sister-in-law, is coming in today so maybe I can make
> >some Okinawan PKB for her. I made some prune mui for her last week. It
> >has to sit a while to become total sweet-sour-salty gold. This is
> >progressing well.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nAEZ3cjGuVM44O

> Protein Kinase B
>
> Produkt Krajowy Brutto (Polish: Gross Domestic Product)
>
> Pot, Kettle, Black (Usenet shorthand for 'Look at the pot calling the
> kettle black')
>
> Pacamor Kubar Bearings (Troy, NY)
>
> Parkersburg / Marietta, WV, USA - Wood County (Airport Code)
>
> Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa (National Awakening Party, Indonesia)
>
> Package Body File (Oracle)
>
> Patients Know Best, a British personal health records company
>
> Państwowy Korpus Bezpieczeństwa, a Polish underground police force
> during World War II
>
> Base dissociation constant as pKb or pKB, a chemical compound descriptive
> parameter
>
> Package Body, filename extension (.pkb) for PL/SQL program code modules
> in the Oracle Database
>
> Personal knowledge base, a type of electronic tool for managing an
> individual's knowledge
>
> PerfKit Benchmarker an open source benchmarking framework for Cloud.
>
> PKB Corporation, a Serbian agribusiness company
>
> Physical KeyBoard, often used in literature referring to cell phones
> esp. BlackBerry

PKB - Pork Belly
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

> * There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
>, destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
>should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of
>fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will
>be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid
>for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut
>up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10"
>cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up
>with SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

Sounds Delish. I'd leave the little fat on.
For us it is scalloped potatoes, roast chicken, squash and spice cake
with maple buttercream frosting.
I'm looking forward to this all oven dinner.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 1/24/2020 2:22 PM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:
>>
>>> with SPOG....

>> WTF (what-the-f*ck) is "SPOG"?
>>
>> Been reading this group fer over 15 yrs and never heard of "SPOG".
>>
>> Sure, found it on Gobble, but still.......... "SP" is prolly "S&P", or S/P, but
>> "SPOG" (the OG is prolly Onion, Garlic)?
>>
>> Either spell it out or don't use it, even if you are "crotchety"!
>>
>> nb

> * Oh come on man , somebody gotta make up them acronyms ! You're right
>, it means salt-pepper-onion-garlic , and is my go-to selection of basic
>spicing . You can do a lot just by varying the ratios and adding
>selected other spices . Not every dish needs garlic to be the main note
>,* just as the violins cannot dominate every tune .

I guess that means my roast chicken tonight will be seasoned with SPOG
Janet US

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce used his keyboard to whine :
> And snag means Sensitive New Age Guy.

You're sure quick with the nicknames,
Mr Sensitive.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 17:25:55 -0500, Patrick Dennis
> wrote:

>Bruce used his keyboard to whine :
>> And snag means Sensitive New Age Guy.
>>

>You're sure quick with the nicknames,
>Mr Sensitive.

But he calls himself Snag.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:

>>> or S/P, but

>>> That's groovy. My sister-in-law, is coming in today so maybe I can make
>>> some Okinawan PKB for her. I made some prune mui for her last week. It
>>> has to sit a while to become total sweet-sour-salty gold. This is
>>> progressing well.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nAEZ3cjGuVM44O

>> Protein Kinase B
>>
>> Produkt Krajowy Brutto (Polish: Gross Domestic Product)
>>
>> Pot, Kettle, Black (Usenet shorthand for 'Look at the pot calling the
>> kettle black')
>>
>> Pacamor Kubar Bearings (Troy, NY)
>>
>> Parkersburg / Marietta, WV, USA - Wood County (Airport Code)
>>
>> Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa (National Awakening Party, Indonesia)
>>
>> Package Body File (Oracle)
>>
>> Patients Know Best, a British personal health records company
>>
>> Państwowy Korpus Bezpieczeństwa, a Polish underground police force
>> during World War II
>>
>> Base dissociation constant as pKb or pKB, a chemical compound descriptive
>> parameter
>>
>> Package Body, filename extension (.pkb) for PL/SQL program code modules
>> in the Oracle Database
>>
>> Personal knowledge base, a type of electronic tool for managing an
>> individual's knowledge
>>
>> PerfKit Benchmarker an open source benchmarking framework for Cloud.
>>
>> PKB Corporation, a Serbian agribusiness company
>>
>> Physical KeyBoard, often used in literature referring to cell phones
>> esp. BlackBerry

> PKB - Pork Belly

Â*Â*Â* Given the context I suspect he meant pot/kettle/black ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2020 4:24 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 14:28:29 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:

>>> WTF (what-the-f*ck) is "SPOG"?
>>>
>>> Been reading this group fer over 15 yrs and never heard of "SPOG".
>>>
>>> Sure, found it on Gobble, but still.......... "SP" is prolly "S&P", or S/P, but
>>> "SPOG" (the OG is prolly Onion, Garlic)?
>>>
>>> Either spell it out or don't use it, even if you are "crotchety"!
>>>
>>> nb

>> Â* Oh come on man , somebody gotta make up them acronyms ! You're right
>> , it means salt-pepper-onion-garlic , and is my go-to selection of basic
>> spicing . You can do a lot just by varying the ratios and adding
>> selected other spices . Not every dish needs garlic to be the main note
>> ,Â* just as the violins cannot dominate every tune .

> I guess that means my roast chicken tonight will be seasoned with SPOG
> Janet US

<quiet but fervent applause>

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:

> right now I'm enjoying some tequila with lemon and salt . Delicious !

I can relate.

Currently enjoying some WildTurkey 101! Also, lovely.

.......and (s)he knows how to do a proper sig-file, too, not to mention
being "armed". MY kinda person.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2020 4:41 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:
>
>> right now I'm enjoying some tequila with lemon and salt . Delicious !

> I can relate.
>
> Currently enjoying some WildTurkey 101! Also, lovely.
>
> ......and (s)he knows how to do a proper sig-file, too, not to mention
> being "armed". MY kinda person.
>
> nb

Â* I am proudly heterosexual male ... and white !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:50:10 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 1/24/2020 4:41 PM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:
>>
>>> right now I'm enjoying some tequila with lemon and salt . Delicious !

>> I can relate.
>>
>> Currently enjoying some WildTurkey 101! Also, lovely.
>>
>> ......and (s)he knows how to do a proper sig-file, too, not to mention
>> being "armed". MY kinda person.
>>
>> nb

> Â* I am proudly heterosexual male ... and white !

Your mama will be pleased to hear it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nAEZ3cjGuVM44O

> >> Protein Kinase B
> >>
> >> Produkt Krajowy Brutto (Polish: Gross Domestic Product)
> >>
> >> Pot, Kettle, Black (Usenet shorthand for 'Look at the pot calling the
> >> kettle black')
> >>
> >> Pacamor Kubar Bearings (Troy, NY)
> >>
> >> Parkersburg / Marietta, WV, USA - Wood County (Airport Code)
> >>
> >> Partai Kebangkitan Bangsa (National Awakening Party, Indonesia)
> >>
> >> Package Body File (Oracle)
> >>
> >> Patients Know Best, a British personal health records company
> >>
> >> Państwowy Korpus Bezpieczeństwa, a Polish underground police force
> >> during World War II
> >>
> >> Base dissociation constant as pKb or pKB, a chemical compound descriptive
> >> parameter
> >>
> >> Package Body, filename extension (.pkb) for PL/SQL program code modules
> >> in the Oracle Database
> >>
> >> Personal knowledge base, a type of electronic tool for managing an
> >> individual's knowledge
> >>
> >> PerfKit Benchmarker an open source benchmarking framework for Cloud.
> >>
> >> PKB Corporation, a Serbian agribusiness company
> >>
> >> Physical KeyBoard, often used in literature referring to cell phones
> >> esp. BlackBerry

> > PKB - Pork Belly

> Â*Â*Â* Given the context I suspect he meant pot/kettle/black ...
>
> --
> Snag
> Yes , I'm old
> and crochety - and armed .
> Get outta my woods !

So I have been told. I like pork belly better.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 17:25:55 -0500, Patrick Dennis
> > wrote:
>
>> Bruce used his keyboard to whine :
>>> And snag means Sensitive New Age Guy.
>>>

>> You're sure quick with the nicknames,
>> Mr Sensitive.

> But he calls himself Snag.

And you are DRUCE! Druce the Fruce.

You are a known, verified, bonafida shitposter, the very rectum of
australia. A shit dripping dutch dickhead, clopping around in
wooden shoes, bitching about biddies you've never never met. A
perfect solid gold goddamned asshole.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2020 5:39 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 17:25:55 -0500, Patrick Dennis
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Bruce used his keyboard to whine :
>>>>
>>> You're sure quick with the nicknames,
>>> Mr Sensitive.

>> But he calls himself Snag.
>>

> And you are DRUCE! Druce the Fruce.
>
> You are a known, verified, bonafida shitposter, the very rectum of
> australia. A shit dripping dutch dickhead, clopping around in wooden
> shoes, bitching about biddies you've never never met. A perfect solid
> gold goddamned asshole

Â* That nickname is from when I was 13 and knocked out a front tooth .
Y'all can figure it out it you really put your minds to it .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nAEZ3cjGuVM44O

>>> PKB - Pork Belly

>> Â*Â*Â* Given the context I suspect he meant pot/kettle/black ...
>>
>> --
>> Snag
>> Yes , I'm old
>> and crochety - and armed .
>> Get outta my woods !

> So I have been told. I like pork belly better.

Â* I've never really tried pork belly - wait , isn't that where bacon
comes from ? Maybe I HAVE tried it !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
> There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen ,
> destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb should
> suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of fat off
> or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will be along
> shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid for trying
> it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut up the whiny
> little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10" cast iron frying
> pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up with SPOG , toss
> them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

I made a big pan of lasagna late last night. Bertolli Organic sauce with
vegetables. The filling was some cooked, chopped spinach with the juice
squeezed out, Ricotta and asst. other Italian cheeses mixed in. Apparently
it was quite good. Woke up to find my gardener having it for breakfast,
lunch, a snack... I grabbed some out so I can have dinner. There's not much
left. I thought I made enough food for two days. Apparently not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nAEZ3cjGuVM44O

> >> Â*Â*Â* Given the context I suspect he meant pot/kettle/black ...
> >>
> >> --
> >> Snag
> >> Yes , I'm old
> >> and crochety - and armed .
> >> Get outta my woods !

> > So I have been told. I like pork belly better.

> Â* I've never really tried pork belly - wait , isn't that where bacon
> comes from ? Maybe I HAVE tried it !
>
> --
> Snag
> Yes , I'm old
> and crochety - and armed .
> Get outta my woods !

It think smoked pork belly sliced and fried might be trending.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...iXO7QV2PwSXh0o

My favorite would be Okinawan style pork belly

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...PoKd79k_Qfczk7
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-24 5:23 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>
>> Â* There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
>> , destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
>> should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of
>> fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will
>> be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid
>> for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut
>> up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10"
>> cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up
>> with SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

> Sounds Delish. I'd leave the little fat on.
> For us it is scalloped potatoes, roast chicken, squash and spice cake
> with maple buttercream frosting.
> I'm looking forward to this all oven dinner.
> Janet US

The squash and chicken sounds good, and the spice cake with maple
buttercream made me drool. My jury is out on scalloped potatoes. I know
that other people like them. I never have learned to appreciate them.

Megatron came back from shopping with two small fish fillets, one
steelhead and one arctic char. We split them, and they were both delicious.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2020 5:53 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
>> There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
>> , destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
>> should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch
>> of fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay ,
>> Sheldon will be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and
>> why I'm stupid for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look
>> at) just to shut up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in
>> the oven in my 10" cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet
>> potatoes and season them up with SPOG , toss them into the pan to
>> roast in the drippings .

> I made a big pan of lasagna late last night. Bertolli Organic sauce
> with vegetables. The filling was some cooked, chopped spinach with the
> juice squeezed out, Ricotta and asst. other Italian cheeses mixed in.
> Apparently it was quite good. Woke up to find my gardener having it
> for breakfast, lunch, a snack... I grabbed some out so I can have
> dinner. There's not much left. I thought I made enough food for two
> days. Apparently not.

Â*Yeah , but it's GOT to feel good that it was such a hit ! The roast
ended up in the rotisserie , where I slightly overcooked it - it was my
first pork roast in the machine . Potatoes roasted in the oven and
glazed carrots (prepared in my 8" CI frying pan) accompanied it to our
plates . The dog even got a bit , which he is now sleeping off in front
of the wood stove . Life is good down here in The Holler .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 19:54:40 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2020-01-24 5:23 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> * There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
>>> , destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
>>> should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of
>>> fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will
>>> be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid
>>> for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut
>>> up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10"
>>> cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up
>>> with SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

>> Sounds Delish. I'd leave the little fat on.
>> For us it is scalloped potatoes, roast chicken, squash and spice cake
>> with maple buttercream frosting.
>> I'm looking forward to this all oven dinner.
>> Janet US
>>

>The squash and chicken sounds good, and the spice cake with maple
>buttercream made me drool. My jury is out on scalloped potatoes. I know
>that other people like them. I never have learned to appreciate them.
>
>Megatron came back from shopping with two small fish fillets, one
>steelhead and one arctic char. We split them, and they were both delicious.

I had potatoes that were thinking about getting wrinkly and milk that
had a best used by date of last week, so, Musgovian scalloped
potatoes.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Jan 24, , Terry Coombs wrote
(in article >):

> Oh come on man , somebody gotta make up them acronyms ! You're right
> , it means salt-pepper-onion-garlic , and is my go-to selection of basic
> spicing . You can do a lot just by varying the ratios and adding
> selected other spices . Not every dish needs garlic to be the main note
> , just as the violins cannot dominate every tune .

I thought SPOG meant salt and pepper, original gangster. Lots of salt and
lots of pepper.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> * There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
>, destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
>should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of
>fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will
>be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid
>for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut
>up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10"
>cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up
>with SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

I had what I have come to call Cajun Biscuits which is the cornbread
dressing made into a biscuit. On which I slathered some sauce I made
that consisted of mayo,sauerkraut,and a few dabs of Dijon mustard.
I heated up three of the biscuits and about 6 tbsp of the sauce. I
thawed the biscuits in the nuker then spooned the sauce on them. It
was a spicy delight that I have enjoyed several times in the last
couple of weeks. Seriously there really is no other food that is
comparable to it. It puts cornbread dressing down hard. When made into
a pizza crust it makes other pizzas plain and ordinary. When made into
a flatbread, it makes tacos or burritos taste like slop.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 11:48:04 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> I had what I have come to call Cajun Biscuits which is the cornbread
> dressing made into a biscuit. On which I slathered some sauce I made
> that consisted of mayo,sauerkraut,and a few dabs of Dijon mustard.

Here we go again with the 'cornbread dressing' that now has morphed into
"biscuits."

> Seriously there really is no other food that is
> comparable to it.

Thank goodness for that.

> It puts cornbread dressing down hard. When made into
> a pizza crust it makes other pizzas plain and ordinary. When made into
> a flatbread, it makes tacos or burritos taste like slop.

Of course it does! Every concoction you come up with is stupendous, superb,
outstanding, fantastic, incomparable, and let's not forget LIP SMACKING!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
> On 1/24/2020 5:53 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
>>> There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen ,
>>> destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb should
>>> suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of fat
>>> off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will be
>>> along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid for
>>> trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut up
>>> the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10" cast
>>> iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up with
>>> SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

>> I made a big pan of lasagna late last night. Bertolli Organic sauce with
>> vegetables. The filling was some cooked, chopped spinach with the juice
>> squeezed out, Ricotta and asst. other Italian cheeses mixed in.
>> Apparently it was quite good. Woke up to find my gardener having it for
>> breakfast, lunch, a snack... I grabbed some out so I can have dinner.
>> There's not much left. I thought I made enough food for two days.
>> Apparently not.

> Yeah , but it's GOT to feel good that it was such a hit ! The roast ended
> up in the rotisserie , where I slightly overcooked it - it was my first
> pork roast in the machine . Potatoes roasted in the oven and glazed
> carrots (prepared in my 8" CI frying pan) accompanied it to our plates .
> The dog even got a bit , which he is now sleeping off in front of the wood
> stove . Life is good down here in The Holler .

I ate some. It was very good.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 5:49:55 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 1/24/2020 4:41 PM, notbob wrote:
> > On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:
> >
> >> right now I'm enjoying some tequila with lemon and salt . Delicious !

> > I can relate.
> >
> > Currently enjoying some WildTurkey 101! Also, lovely.
> >
> > ......and (s)he knows how to do a proper sig-file, too, not to mention
> > being "armed". MY kinda person.
> >
> > nb

> Â* I am proudly heterosexual male ... and white !

Why "proud"? It's like being proud of having red hair or being
of French descent.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 7:02:22 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> It think smoked pork belly sliced and fried might be trending.

Cured and smoked, then fried.

> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...iXO7QV2PwSXh0o

Nice...

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 5:13 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 5:49:55 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> I can relate.
>>>
>>> Currently enjoying some WildTurkey 101! Also, lovely.
>>>
>>> ......and (s)he knows how to do a proper sig-file, too, not to mention
>>> being "armed". MY kinda person.
>>>
>>> nb

>> Â* I am proudly heterosexual male ... and white !

> Why "proud"? It's like being proud of having red hair or being
> of French descent.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Â* Well , since my only remaining "brother" changed his name to Rachel
on his 66th b'day ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:46:22 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 1/25/2020 5:13 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Â* I am proudly heterosexual male ... and white !

> > Why "proud"? It's like being proud of having red hair or being
> > of French descent.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Â* Well , since my only remaining "brother" changed his name to Rachel
> on his 66th b'day ...

Let's stick to you for the moment. You had no choice in being born
straight or white. Are you proud of your careful selection of
parents?

Cindy Hamilton