Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner for a chilly Friday

On 1/24/2020 3:22 PM, notbob wrote:
> On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:
>
>> with SPOG....

> WTF (what-the-f*ck) is "SPOG"?
>
> Been reading this group fer over 15 yrs and never heard of "SPOG".
>
> Sure, found it on Gobble, but still.......... "SP" is prolly "S&P", or S/P, but
> "SPOG" (the OG is prolly Onion, Garlic)?
>
> Either spell it out or don't use it, even if you are "crotchety"!
>
> nb

Hold up there, nb! Spell it out? In recent years you've started typing
like you're straight out of a Li'l Abner cartoon strip. Using 'fer'
rather than 'for'; 'prolly' rather than 'probably'. I know for a fact
you don't actually speak that way. Does your ISP charge per letter?

At least you guessed his rather creative acronym correctly.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2020 5:23 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>
>> Â* There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
>> , destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
>> should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of
>> fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will
>> be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid
>> for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut
>> up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10"
>> cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up
>> with SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

> Sounds Delish. I'd leave the little fat on.
> For us it is scalloped potatoes, roast chicken, squash and spice cake
> with maple buttercream frosting.
> I'm looking forward to this all oven dinner.
> Janet US

Oooh boy! The last cake I made from scratch was a spice cake with maple
frosting. Gosh, that was decades ago but it sure was good.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:

> > Bruce wrote:
> >> But he calls himself Snag.

> That nickname is from when I was 13 and knocked out a front tooth .
> Y'all can figure it out it you really put your minds to it .

I really do miss those Saturday morning shows, even! :-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2020 6:53 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" > wrote in message
>> There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
>> , destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
>> should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch
>> of fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon
>> will be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm
>> stupid for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just
>> to shut up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven
>> in my 10" cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and
>> season them up with SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the
>> drippings .

> I made a big pan of lasagna late last night. Bertolli Organic sauce with
> vegetables. The filling was some cooked, chopped spinach with the juice
> squeezed out, Ricotta and asst. other Italian cheeses mixed in.
> Apparently it was quite good. Woke up to find my gardener having it for
> breakfast, lunch, a snack... I grabbed some out so I can have dinner.
> There's not much left. I thought I made enough food for two days.
> Apparently not.

Oh good lord. He moved back in (why the hell you'd let him is a mystery
after he broke the glass in your oven door and wouldn't pay for it).
Now we get to hear about him eating up all your food (again). Hand him
a bill.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Oooh boy! The last cake I made from scratch was a spice cake with maple
> frosting. Gosh, that was decades ago but it sure was good.

Last cake I made was a Betty Crocker white or yellow cake.
I added many apple slices to the batter and it was a winner.
Just cooked it as a single layer with no frosting.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > Oooh boy! The last cake I made from scratch was a spice cake with maple
> > frosting. Gosh, that was decades ago but it sure was good.

> Last cake I made was a Betty Crocker white or yellow cake.
> I added many apple slices to the batter and it was a winner.
> Just cooked it as a single layer with no frosting.

One more thing about that. I did rub the top generously with
butter as soon as it came out of the oven.

I do that with cornbread too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-25 6:13 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 5:49:55 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> I can relate.
>>>
>>> Currently enjoying some WildTurkey 101! Also, lovely.
>>>
>>> ......and (s)he knows how to do a proper sig-file, too, not to mention
>>> being "armed". MY kinda person.
>>>
>>> nb

>> Â* I am proudly heterosexual male ... and white !

> Why "proud"? It's like being proud of having red hair or being
> of French descent.

Why not? It is apparently okay for other people to be proud of their
backgrounds, religions, sexuality etc. For some reason, it is not okay
to be proud of being a straight, white male.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 10:07:53 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-01-25 6:13 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Â* I am proudly heterosexual male ... and white !

> > Why "proud"? It's like being proud of having red hair or being
> > of French descent.
> >

> Why not? It is apparently okay for other people to be proud of their
> backgrounds, religions, sexuality etc. For some reason, it is not okay
> to be proud of being a straight, white male.

If other people were jumping off a bridge, would you do it too?

I'm proud of my accomplishments, not my genes.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 10:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 10:07:53 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Why "proud"? It's like being proud of having red hair or being
>>> of French descent.
>>>

>> Why not? It is apparently okay for other people to be proud of their
>> backgrounds, religions, sexuality etc. For some reason, it is not okay
>> to be proud of being a straight, white male.

> If other people were jumping off a bridge, would you do it too?
>
> I'm proud of my accomplishments, not my genes.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Nor should anyone be ashamed of them or apologize for them. That seems
to be a trend these days.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 5:56:56 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/25/2020 10:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> Why not? It is apparently okay for other people to be proud of their
> >> backgrounds, religions, sexuality etc. For some reason, it is not okay
> >> to be proud of being a straight, white male.

> > If other people were jumping off a bridge, would you do it too?
> >
> > I'm proud of my accomplishments, not my genes.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> Nor should anyone be ashamed of them or apologize for them. That seems
> to be a trend these days.

Are you talking about people that will jump off a bridge? The old farts like to brag about how great things are in America but the suicide rate have certainly been trending. Some of the old farts on RFC are totally delusional.. Bear in mind, I'm not talking about you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicid..._United_States

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 11:16:15 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 5:56:56 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> > > If other people were jumping off a bridge, would you do it too?

> Are you talking about people that will jump off a bridge?

No, I'm talking about things mothers used to say when their kids wanted
to do something stupid that everybody else was doing.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 8:45 AM, Gary wrote:
> Terry Coombs wrote:

>> That nickname is from when I was 13 and knocked out a front tooth .
>> Y'all can figure it out it you really put your minds to it .

> I really do miss those Saturday morning shows, even! :-D

Â* Sky King , Roy Rogers and Dale Evans , cartoon characters that didn't
look like the guy next door ... I think I miss the old cartoons more
than any of the rest . To the wayback room !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:13:03 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 5:49:55 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

>> > I can relate.
>> >
>> > Currently enjoying some WildTurkey 101! Also, lovely.
>> >
>> > ......and (s)he knows how to do a proper sig-file, too, not to mention
>> > being "armed". MY kinda person.
>> >
>> > nb

>> Â* I am proudly heterosexual male ... and white !

>Why "proud"? It's like being proud of having red hair or being
>of French descent.

He sounds inbred.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-25 10:56 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/25/2020 10:29 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Why not? It is apparently okay for other people to be proud of their
>>> backgrounds, religions, sexuality etc.Â* For some reason, it is not okay
>>> to be proud of being a straight, white male.

>> If other people were jumping off a bridge, would you do it too?
>>
>> I'm proud of my accomplishments, not my genes.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> Nor should anyone be ashamed of them or apologize for them.Â* That seems
> to be a trend these days.

Yep.... Black Pride is OK. Native Pride is good. *** Pride is good. For
some reason, people are not supposed to be proud of being white or
straight. To suggest that you are proud of those things seems to signal
people that you are racist and homophobic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 12:04:08 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-01-25 10:56 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> If other people were jumping off a bridge, would you do it too?
> >>
> >> I'm proud of my accomplishments, not my genes.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> >>

> > Nor should anyone be ashamed of them or apologize for them.Â* That seems
> > to be a trend these days.

> Yep.... Black Pride is OK. Native Pride is good. *** Pride is good. For
> some reason, people are not supposed to be proud of being white or
> straight. To suggest that you are proud of those things seems to signal
> people that you are racist and homophobic.

All of those Prides are a reaction to being told for decades or centuries
to be ashamed of being black, Native American, or ***.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 6:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:46:22 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> Why "proud"? It's like being proud of having red hair or being
>>> of French descent.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Â* Well , since my only remaining "brother" changed his name to Rachel
>> on his 66th b'day ...

> Let's stick to you for the moment. You had no choice in being born
> straight or white. Are you proud of your careful selection of
> parents?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Â*Â* That's just pure bait Cindy , and it stinks . Is it wrong for me to
be proud of what I am ? I mean I know it's out of vogue to be white and
male ... maybe I should wax my chest and put my hair (what's left) up in
a man-bun . Nah , I'd never make it as a metrosexual , I'm nowhere near
PC enough to "pass" .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:59:34 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 11:16:15 AM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> > Are you talking about people that will jump off a bridge?

> No, I'm talking about things mothers used to say when their kids wanted
> to do something stupid that everybody else was doing.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Please carefully read the attribution section so you know who I'm talking to! You use Google Groups so it's really easy to tell.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>
> > Â* There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
> >, destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
> >should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of
> >fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will
> >be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid
> >for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut
> >up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10"
> >cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up
> >with SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

> I had what I have come to call Cajun Biscuits which is the cornbread
> dressing made into a biscuit. On which I slathered some sauce I made
> that consisted of mayo,sauerkraut,and a few dabs of Dijon mustard.
> I heated up three of the biscuits and about 6 tbsp of the sauce. I
> thawed the biscuits in the nuker then spooned the sauce on them. It
> was a spicy delight that I have enjoyed several times in the last
> couple of weeks. Seriously there really is no other food that is
> comparable to it. It puts cornbread dressing down hard. When made into
> a pizza crust it makes other pizzas plain and ordinary. When made into
> a flatbread, it makes tacos or burritos taste like slop.

I bet you wet your bed, too, LOL...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

wrote:

> On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 11:48:04 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> >
> > I had what I have come to call Cajun Biscuits which is the cornbread
> > dressing made into a biscuit. On which I slathered some sauce I made
> > that consisted of mayo,sauerkraut,and a few dabs of Dijon mustard.
> >

> Here we go again with the 'cornbread dressing' that now has morphed into
> "biscuits."
> >
> > Seriously there really is no other food that is
> > comparable to it.
> >

> Thank goodness for that.
> >
> > It puts cornbread dressing down hard. When made into
> > a pizza crust it makes other pizzas plain and ordinary. When made into
> > a flatbread, it makes tacos or burritos taste like slop.
> >

> Of course it does! Every concoction you come up with is stupendous, superb,
> outstanding, fantastic, incomparable, and let's not forget LIP SMACKING!

Just when ya think, "Could he come up with *anything* worse...", LOL...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-25 10:05 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

> Yep.... Black Pride is OK. Native Pride is good. *** Pride is good.Â* For
> some reason, people are not supposed to be proud of being white or
> straight. To suggest that you are proud of those things seems to signal
> people that you are racist and homophobic.

Yet another misuse of a word. "Phobia" means "fear of" NOT "hatred of"!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-25 11:11 a.m., graham wrote:
> On 2020-01-25 10:05 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>

>> Yep.... Black Pride is OK. Native Pride is good. *** Pride is good.
>> For some reason, people are not supposed to be proud of being white or
>> straight. To suggest that you are proud of those things seems to
>> signal people that you are racist and homophobic.

> Yet another misuse of a word. "Phobia" means "fear of" NOT "hatred of"!!!

I'm not getting at you Dave!! It has just slipped into the lexicon.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-25 7:33 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/24/2020 3:22 PM, notbob wrote:
>> On 2020-01-24, Terry Coombs > wrote:
>>
>>> with SPOG....

>> WTF (what-the-f*ck) is "SPOG"?
>>
>> Been reading this group fer over 15 yrs and never heard of "SPOG".
>>
>> Sure, found it on Gobble, but still..........Â* "SP" is prolly "S&P",
>> or S/P, but
>> "SPOG" (the OG is prolly Onion, Garlic)?
>>
>> Either spell it out or don't use it, even if you are "crotchety"!Â*
>>
>> nb
>>

> Hold up there, nb!Â* Spell it out?Â* In recent years you've started typing
> like you're straight out of a Li'l Abner cartoon strip.Â* Using 'fer'
> rather than 'for'; 'prolly' rather than 'probably'.Â* I know for a fact
> you don't actually speak that way.Â* Does your ISP charge per letter?
>
> At least you guessed his rather creative acronym correctly.
>
> Jill

The US media are overly fond of using acronyms.
This is known as acronymphomania:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2020-01-25 10:56 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> >> If other people were jumping off a bridge, would you do it too?
> >>
> >> I'm proud of my accomplishments, not my genes.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> >>

> > Nor should anyone be ashamed of them or apologize for them. That seems
> > to be a trend these days.

> Yep.... Black Pride is OK. Native Pride is good. *** Pride is good. For
> some reason, people are not supposed to be proud of being white or
> straight. To suggest that you are proud of those things seems to signal
> people that you are racist and homophobic.

True enough. It's the Revenge of the Nerds
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-25 12:12 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 12:04:08 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> Yep.... Black Pride is OK. Native Pride is good. *** Pride is good. For
>> some reason, people are not supposed to be proud of being white or
>> straight. To suggest that you are proud of those things seems to signal
>> people that you are racist and homophobic.

> All of those Prides are a reaction to being told for decades or centuries
> to be ashamed of being black, Native American, or ***.

You make it sound like people only suffered from discrimination at the
hands of white people. The world is full of attitudes that see people
stigmatized by race, culture, religion and tribe. I have mentioned
before that the people who were native to the area where I live were
wiped out in a conflict between two other tribes. Black slavery was
enabled by black people who waged wars against each other to capture
their population and sell them into slavery. When my son lived in Africa
he was appalled at the way Indians treated the blacks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-25 1:11 p.m., graham wrote:
> On 2020-01-25 10:05 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
>

>> Yep.... Black Pride is OK. Native Pride is good. *** Pride is good.
>> For some reason, people are not supposed to be proud of being white or
>> straight. To suggest that you are proud of those things seems to
>> signal people that you are racist and homophobic.

> Yet another misuse of a word. "Phobia" means "fear of" NOT "hatred of"!!!

Yes indeed. They use the term to make it sound like people have some
sort of psychological issue because they fail to appreciate people of a
particular demographic. I confess to a lack of respect of Islam. That
is based on a number of things, probably starting with my own atheism
that places very low value of extreme religiosity. I have issues with
the fundamentalism and extremism of any religion. There are too many
issues about Islam that conflict with our cultural values. When you
don't allow women to drive, make them cover themselves and stuff like
that, well that's just not acceptable to me. It is not phobia. Phobia
is an irrational fear. I have read too many reports of Islamic
extremists and their atrocities. I have concerns about the extreme
Muslims. That is not phobia.

A weirder sort of response from the *** community is the suggestion that
some one is "homophobic" is that they are actually *** and suppressing
their homosexuality. That is quite a twist on projection. And what the
hell, if women are entitle to be bitter against some guy who made
unwelcome sexual advances on them, why can't men do the same.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

On 1/25/2020 6:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:46:22 AM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> Why "proud"? It's like being proud of having red hair or being
>>> of French descent.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Well , since my only remaining "brother" changed his name to Rachel
>> on his 66th b'day ...

> Let's stick to you for the moment. You had no choice in being born
> straight or white. Are you proud of your careful selection of
> parents?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

That's just pure bait Cindy , and it stinks . Is it wrong for me to
be proud of what I am ? I mean I know it's out of vogue to be white and
male ... maybe I should wax my chest and put my hair (what's left) up in
a man-bun . Nah , I'd never make it as a metrosexual , I'm nowhere near
PC enough to "pass" .

Snag

===

lol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 09:37:52 -0800 (PST), GM

>> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 11:26:40 -0600, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > * There's a 4 lb pork loin bone-in roast sitting quietly in the kitchen
>> >, destined for the rotisserie . I figger about 2 hours at 30 min/lb
>> >should suffice . I'm trying to decide whether to trim the small patch of
>> >fat off or let it baste the roast as it turns ... But hay , Sheldon will
>> >be along shortly to tell me that it can't be done , and why I'm stupid
>> >for trying it . I may post a pic (which he won't look at) just to shut
>> >up the whiny little bitch . Or maybe I'll put it in the oven in my 10"
>> >cast iron frying pan . Cube up some russet potatoes and season them up
>> >with SPOG , toss them into the pan to roast in the drippings .

>> I had what I have come to call Cajun Biscuits which is the cornbread
>> dressing made into a biscuit. On which I slathered some sauce I made
>> that consisted of mayo,sauerkraut,and a few dabs of Dijon mustard.
>> I heated up three of the biscuits and about 6 tbsp of the sauce. I
>> thawed the biscuits in the nuker then spooned the sauce on them. It
>> was a spicy delight that I have enjoyed several times in the last
>> couple of weeks. Seriously there really is no other food that is
>> comparable to it. It puts cornbread dressing down hard. When made into
>> a pizza crust it makes other pizzas plain and ordinary. When made into
>> a flatbread, it makes tacos or burritos taste like slop.

>I bet you wet your bed, too, LOL...

Only on Tuesday.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 12:21 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:59:34 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Are you talking about people that will jump off a bridge?

>> No, I'm talking about things mothers used to say when their kids wanted
>> to do something stupid that everybody else was doing.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Please carefully read the attribution section so you know who I'm talking to! You use Google Groups so it's really easy to tell.

Who are you talking to? What I said has nothing to do with suicide.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 1:15 PM, graham wrote:
> On 2020-01-25 7:33 a.m., jmcquown wrote:

>>> WTF (what-the-f*ck) is "SPOG"?
>>>
>>> Been reading this group fer over 15 yrs and never heard of "SPOG".
>>>
>>> Sure, found it on Gobble, but still..........Â* "SP" is prolly "S&P",
>>> or S/P, but
>>> "SPOG" (the OG is prolly Onion, Garlic)?
>>>
>>> Either spell it out or don't use it, even if you are "crotchety"!Â*
>>>
>>> nb
>>>

>> Hold up there, nb!Â* Spell it out?Â* In recent years you've started
>> typing like you're straight out of a Li'l Abner cartoon strip.Â* Using
>> 'fer' rather than 'for'; 'prolly' rather than 'probably'.Â* I know for
>> a fact you don't actually speak that way.Â* Does your ISP charge per
>> letter?
>>
>> At least you guessed his rather creative acronym correctly.
>>
>> Jill

> The US media are overly fond of using acronyms.
> This is known as acronymphomania:-)

Well hey, this isn't the US media. It's Usenet and Terry's dinner on a
chilly Friday. RFC is, of course, an acronym.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 10:09 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2020-01-25 6:13 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Â* Â* I am proudly heterosexual male ... and white !

>> Why "proud"?Â* It's like being proud of having red hair or being
>> of French descent.
>>

> Why not? It is apparently okay for other people to be proud of their
> backgrounds, religions, sexuality etc.Â* For some reason, it is not okay
> to be proud of being a straight, white male.

Why is this even under discussion? notbob and Terry are drinking.
Tequila and Wild Turkey, respectively. I'm more interested in the pork
dinner.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 12:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 1/25/2020 6:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> Â* Â* Well , since my only remaining "brother" changed his name to Rachel
>>> on his 66th b'day ...

>> Let's stick to you for the moment.Â* You had no choice in being born
>> straight or white.Â* Are you proud of your careful selection of
>> parents?
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Â*Â* That's just pure bait Cindy , and it stinks . Is it wrong for me to
> be proud of what I am ? I mean I know it's out of vogue to be white and
> male ... maybe I should wax my chest and put my hair (what's left) up in
> a man-bun . Nah , I'd never make it as a metrosexual , I'm nowhere near
> PC enough to "pass" .

Should you decide to do that, please post photos. The people here would
then say nice encouraging things to help your self esteem and feel good
about yourself. Sure, that's what we would do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 17:45:38 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 1/25/2020 12:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> Let's stick to you for the moment.Â* You had no choice in being born
>>> straight or white.Â* Are you proud of your careful selection of
>>> parents?
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Â*Â* That's just pure bait Cindy , and it stinks . Is it wrong for me to
>> be proud of what I am ? I mean I know it's out of vogue to be white and
>> male ... maybe I should wax my chest and put my hair (what's left) up in
>> a man-bun . Nah , I'd never make it as a metrosexual , I'm nowhere near
>> PC enough to "pass" .
>>

>Should you decide to do that, please post photos. The people here would
>then say nice encouraging things to help your self esteem and feel good
>about yourself. Sure, that's what we would do.

Don't suddenly act all holy, Ed P. That act don't fly no more.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 4:45 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 1/25/2020 12:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> Let's stick to you for the moment.Â* You had no choice in being born
>>> straight or white.Â* Are you proud of your careful selection of
>>> parents?
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Â*Â*Â* That's just pure bait Cindy , and it stinks . Is it wrong for me
>> to be proud of what I am ? I mean I know it's out of vogue to be
>> white and male ... maybe I should wax my chest and put my hair
>> (what's left) up in a man-bun . Nah , I'd never make it as a
>> metrosexual , I'm nowhere near PC enough to "pass" .
>>

> Should you decide to do that, please post photos.Â* The people here
> would then say nice encouraging things to help your self esteem and
> feel good about yourself.Â* Sure, that's what we would do.

Â* Bullshit , you'd point your fingers at me and laugh . And I'd deserve
it ....

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 4:39 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 1/25/2020 10:09 AM, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Why "proud"?Â* It's like being proud of having red hair or being
>>> of French descent.
>>>

>> Why not? It is apparently okay for other people to be proud of their
>> backgrounds, religions, sexuality etc.Â* For some reason, it is not
>> okay to be proud of being a straight, white male.
>>

> Why is this even under discussion?Â* notbob and Terry are drinking.
> Tequila and Wild Turkey, respectively.Â* I'm more interested in the
> pork dinner.
>
> Jill

Â* It came out great . Crispy on the outside and juicy and tender inside
.. The roasted potatoes (learned that here) were delicious as were the
glazed (in my 8" cast iron frying pan) carrots . Actually I could have
pulled the roast about a half hour earlier and it would have been better
.. Next time I will . Some of the leftovers made a great lunch - only the
taters and meat though , my wife really likes my glazed carrots and
usually finishes them off .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 5:24:49 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:

> my wife really likes my glazed carrots and
> usually finishes them off .

I am not a fan of glazed carrots but I'd like to see your recipe. Who knows?
It might change my mind on them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 17:18:02 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 1/25/2020 4:45 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 1/25/2020 12:21 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:

>>> Â*Â*Â* That's just pure bait Cindy , and it stinks . Is it wrong for me
>>> to be proud of what I am ? I mean I know it's out of vogue to be
>>> white and male ... maybe I should wax my chest and put my hair
>>> (what's left) up in a man-bun . Nah , I'd never make it as a
>>> metrosexual , I'm nowhere near PC enough to "pass" .
>>>

>> Should you decide to do that, please post photos.Â* The people here
>> would then say nice encouraging things to help your self esteem and
>> feel good about yourself.Â* Sure, that's what we would do.

> Â* Bullshit , you'd point your fingers at me and laugh . And I'd deserve
>it ....

Ah, you know Ed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/25/2020 12:12 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 12:04:08 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Nor should anyone be ashamed of them or apologize for them.Â* That seems
>>> to be a trend these days.

>> Yep.... Black Pride is OK. Native Pride is good. *** Pride is good. For
>> some reason, people are not supposed to be proud of being white or
>> straight. To suggest that you are proud of those things seems to signal
>> people that you are racist and homophobic.

> All of those Prides are a reaction to being told for decades or centuries
> to be ashamed of being black, Native American, or ***.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Just a bunch more discourse here on RFC. We should still be talking
about cooking.

I'll post in a minute about what I'm cooking for dinner tomorrow. Let's
get back on track, shall we?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:18:18 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:

> I'll post in a minute about what I'm cooking for dinner tomorrow. Let's
> get back on track, shall we?
>
> Jill

A little while ago I had some Kroger "Private Selection" butter chicken
spring rolls. I was NOT impressed.