Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default I tried oat milk

I've now had oat "milk" with granola - it's pretty good!

yesterday at the espresso cart I heard someone ask for oat milk, and
they actually had it

it looks like it's not too challenging to make it yourself - if I do
that I'll share the results here

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-6, tert in seattle wrote:

> it looks like it's not too challenging to make it yourself - if I do
> that I'll share the results here

Will you wear gloves or use an automated milking machine?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 12:35:00 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-6, tert in seattle wrote:
>>
>> it looks like it's not too challenging to make it yourself - if I do
>> that I'll share the results here
>>

>Will you wear gloves or use an automated milking machine?

I'd rather a big bosomed thick nippled wet nurse... no gloves, no
machine.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:25:12 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle

writes:
>>On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-6, tert in seattle wrote:
>>>
>>> it looks like it's not too challenging to make it yourself - if I do
>>> that I'll share the results here
>>>

>>Will you wear gloves or use an automated milking machine?

>funny you should mention that - have you seen Paris Hilton's latest
>cooking video?
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

Why do American women overuse the word 'amazing'? And why do they
pronounce it with a stretched out second syllable and a creaky voice?
Amaaaaazing. I find that truly... astonishing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 4:30:05 PM UTC-6, tert in seattle wrote:

> writes:
>
> >On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-6, tert in seattle wrote:
> >>
> >> it looks like it's not too challenging to make it yourself - if I do
> >> that I'll share the results here
> >>

> >Will you wear gloves or use an automated milking machine?

> funny you should mention that - have you seen Paris Hilton's latest
> cooking video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

I watched a couple of minutes and I'm assuming since she still had those
stupid glove things on she didn't wash her hands after handling the dog.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 15:54:56 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>I watched a couple of minutes and I'm assuming since she still had those
>stupid glove things on she didn't wash her hands after handling the dog.

I wouldn't touch THAT with someone else's 10 foot pole.

And yeah,
Hilton is a name I TOTALLY associate with Italian cooking (!NOT!).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 5:35:13 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:25:12 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > wrote:
>
> writes:

> >>Will you wear gloves or use an automated milking machine?

> >funny you should mention that - have you seen Paris Hilton's latest
> >cooking video?
> >
> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

> Why do American women overuse the word 'amazing'? And why do they
> pronounce it with a stretched out second syllable and a creaky voice?
> Amaaaaazing. I find that truly... astonishing.

"American women"? Have you listened to a statistically significant
sample of American women using the word "amazing"?

I thought not.

As for the creaky voice:

<https://time.com/5006345/what-is-vocal-fry/>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 03:03:33 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 5:35:13 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:25:12 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
>> > wrote:

>> >funny you should mention that - have you seen Paris Hilton's latest
>> >cooking video?
>> >
>> >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

>> Why do American women overuse the word 'amazing'? And why do they
>> pronounce it with a stretched out second syllable and a creaky voice?
>> Amaaaaazing. I find that truly... astonishing.

>"American women"? Have you listened to a statistically significant
>sample of American women using the word "amazing"?

Yes, and I hear it all the time.

>I thought not.
>
>As for the creaky voice:
>
><https://time.com/5006345/what-is-vocal-fry/>

Here's another one:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creaky_voice
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 1:03:37 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 5:35:13 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:25:12 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle
> > > wrote:

> > >funny you should mention that - have you seen Paris Hilton's latest
> > >cooking video?
> > >
> > >https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

> > Why do American women overuse the word 'amazing'? And why do they
> > pronounce it with a stretched out second syllable and a creaky voice?
> > Amaaaaazing. I find that truly... astonishing.

> "American women"? Have you listened to a statistically significant
> sample of American women using the word "amazing"?
>
> I thought not.
>
> As for the creaky voice:
>
> <https://time.com/5006345/what-is-vocal-fry/>
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Oh you mean the Batman voice. It's cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:13:37 -0800, Leo >
wrote:

>On 2020 Jan 23, , Bruce wrote
>(in >):
>
>> Why do American women overuse the word 'amazing'? And why do they
>> pronounce it with a stretched out second syllable and a creaky voice?
>> Amaaaaazing. I find that truly... astonishing.

>All Americans appreciate your astonishment. Come visit us some day.

I bet you don't talk like that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Jan 23, , Bruce wrote
(in >):

> Why do American women overuse the word 'amazing'? And why do they
> pronounce it with a stretched out second syllable and a creaky voice?
> Amaaaaazing. I find that truly... astonishing.

All Americans appreciate your astonishment. Come visit us some day.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/23/2020 5:25 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
> writes:
>> On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 2:30:05 PM UTC-6, tert in seattle wrote:
>>>
>>> it looks like it's not too challenging to make it yourself - if I do
>>> that I'll share the results here
>>>

>> Will you wear gloves or use an automated milking machine?

> funny you should mention that - have you seen Paris Hilton's latest
> cooking video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

LOLOL Is she planning to cook the dog? Yes, everyone needs to strut
into their kitchen wearing fingerless gloves and carrying a chihuahua.
People watch this stuff?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/24/2020 7:13 PM, Leo wrote:
> On 2020 Jan 23, , Bruce wrote
> (in >):
>
>> Why do American women overuse the word 'amazing'? And why do they
>> pronounce it with a stretched out second syllable and a creaky voice?
>> Amaaaaazing. I find that truly... astonishing.

> All Americans appreciate your astonishment. Come visit us some day.
>
> leo

Hear hear, Leo!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 20:29:52 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 1/23/2020 5:25 PM, tert in seattle wrote:
>> writes:

>>> Will you wear gloves or use an automated milking machine?

>> funny you should mention that - have you seen Paris Hilton's latest
>> cooking video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

>LOLOL Is she planning to cook the dog? Yes, everyone needs to strut
>into their kitchen wearing fingerless gloves and carrying a chihuahua.
>People watch this stuff?

You do. You know

-That she was carrying a dog.
-That she was wearing fingerless gloves.
-That's she was strutting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:

>>> Will you wear gloves or use an automated milking machine?

>> funny you should mention that - have you seen Paris Hilton's latest
>> cooking video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

>LOLOL Is she planning to cook the dog? Yes, everyone needs to strut
>into their kitchen wearing fingerless gloves and carrying a chihuahua.
>People watch this stuff?
>
>Jill

I think the term is "sashay"

people do watch this stuff - I watched enough to realize her greatest
challenge in life is combating boredome

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:

>>> funny you should mention that - have you seen Paris Hilton's latest
>>> cooking video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

>> LOLOL Is she planning to cook the dog? Yes, everyone needs to strut
>> into their kitchen wearing fingerless gloves and carrying a chihuahua.
>> People watch this stuff?
>>
>> Jill

> I think the term is "sashay"

Or "flounce".

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020 Jan 24, , Bruce wrote
(in >):

> I bet you don't talk like that.

Fair enough. Ill bet I couldnt even understand you.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 7:13:11 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:13:37 -0800, Leo >
> wrote:
>
> >On 2020 Jan 23, , Bruce wrote
> >(in >):
> >
> >> Why do American women overuse the word 'amazing'? And why do they
> >> pronounce it with a stretched out second syllable and a creaky voice?
> >> Amaaaaazing. I find that truly... astonishing.

> >All Americans appreciate your astonishment. Come visit us some day.

> I bet you don't talk like that.

Neither do I.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Banned

On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 10:51:45 AM UTC-8, dsi1 wrote:
> On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 1:03:37 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 5:35:13 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> > > On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 22:25:12 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle

> > > Why do American women overuse the word 'amazing'? And why do they
> > > pronounce it with a stretched out second syllable and a creaky voice?
> > > Amaaaaazing. I find that truly... astonishing.

> > "American women"? Have you listened to a statistically significant
> > sample of American women using the word "amazing"?
> >
> > I thought not.
> >
> > As for the creaky voice:
> >
> > <https://time.com/5006345/what-is-vocal-fry/>
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Oh you mean the Batman voice. It's cool!
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc

the creaky voice has been around for a bit. this is from2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1JByylQU0

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 5:58:33 AM UTC-10, ImStillMags wrote:
> On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 10:51:45 AM UTC-8, dsi1 wrote:

> > > "American women"? Have you listened to a statistically significant
> > > sample of American women using the word "amazing"?
> > >
> > > I thought not.
> > >
> > > As for the creaky voice:
> > >
> > > <https://time.com/5006345/what-is-vocal-fry/>
> > >
> > > Cindy Hamilton

> > Oh you mean the Batman voice. It's cool!
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc

> the creaky voice has been around for a bit. this is from2013
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1JByylQU0

That's some old-school video transfer!

I like that vocal fry. It makes young gals seem bored, sophisticated, and oh-so-superior!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 07:58:30 -0800 (PST), ImStillMags
> wrote:

>On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 10:51:45 AM UTC-8, dsi1 wrote:

>> > "American women"? Have you listened to a statistically significant
>> > sample of American women using the word "amazing"?
>> >
>> > I thought not.
>> >
>> > As for the creaky voice:
>> >
>> > <https://time.com/5006345/what-is-vocal-fry/>
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> Oh you mean the Batman voice. It's cool!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOg3ZE3hNQc

>the creaky voice has been around for a bit. this is from2013
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1JByylQU0

LOL, that's it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:01:53 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 7:13:11 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:13:37 -0800, Leo >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >On 2020 Jan 23, , Bruce wrote
>> >(in >):

>> >All Americans appreciate your astonishment. Come visit us some day.

>> I bet you don't talk like that.

>Neither do I.

It's a bit of an annoying mannerism.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:25:23 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:01:53 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Friday, January 24, 2020 at 7:13:11 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> >> I bet you don't talk like that.

> >Neither do I.

> It's a bit of an annoying mannerism.

I don't mind. OTOH, I don't let little things annoy me. That's just the way the young kids talk. They wish to talk differently than their parents. Mission accomplished. Hopefully, they won't do that once they fully mature. An adult that talks like a kid is kind of weird.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:52:43 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:25:23 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:01:53 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

>> >Neither do I.

>> It's a bit of an annoying mannerism.

>I don't mind. OTOH, I don't let little things annoy me.

I wish you lots of unannoyed fun listening to the Kardashians.

>That's just the way the young kids talk. They wish to talk
>differently than their parents. Mission accomplished. Hopefully,
>they won't do that once they fully mature. An adult that talks
>like a kid is kind of weird.

It's... just awesome.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 7:02:26 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 08:52:43 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 6:25:23 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 03:01:53 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton

> >> It's a bit of an annoying mannerism.

> >I don't mind. OTOH, I don't let little things annoy me.

> I wish you lots of unannoyed fun listening to the Kardashians.
>
> >That's just the way the young kids talk. They wish to talk
> >differently than their parents. Mission accomplished. Hopefully,
> >they won't do that once they fully mature. An adult that talks
> >like a kid is kind of weird.

> It's... just awesome.

What is this "Kardashians" that you speak of?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

dsi1 wrote:

> What is this "Kardashians" that you speak of?

The 21st century version of the Gabors, except not *nearly* as soigné....:

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/...ebrity-n697776

Zsa Zsa Gabor: The Prototype of the Famous-for-Being-Famous Celebrity

"She had a mind-boggling number of husbands, enough scandals to fill several books, and a propensity for being over-the-top €” in every aspect of life.

When Zsa Zsa Gabor burst onto the scene of the staid 1940s and 1950s Hollywood, she established herself as the prototype celebrity for those who are famous for being famous €” setting the stage for future starlets such as Kim Kardashian, Paris Hilton, and Anna Nicole Smith to do the same.

"It's the same formula: She had lots of relationships, she had a good share of scandals and controversy, she was beautiful to look at."

But Gabor's tabloid-making antics were done without the assistance of Instagrammed selfies or attention-grabbing tweets, and at a time when private lives, even those of well-known actresses, weren't always public.

"Zsa Zsa Gabor proves that even before the Internet, you could do the kind of things the Kardashians do today," Bob Thompson, pop culture expert at Syracuse University, told NBC News. "She said things and behaved in a way that most of us could not get away with."

Gabor savored her well-publicized socialite status. A Hungarian-born beauty queen, she sang and acted in Europe before following her sisters Eva and Magda to Hollywood, where she secured a string of mediocre cinema roles, as well as a string of lovers.

"I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back," she explained frankly in 1957.

Her glamour and guile made her the stuff of tabloid editors' dreams. She called everyone "dahling" in her thick Hungarian accent and had more drama in her real life than in the movies that she appeared in €” often as herself.

"She did all the same things that today's celebrities that are in the same category are doing, except she didn't have all the channels that they do," such as 24/7 cable outlets and social media, branding expert Karen Post told NBC News. "But it's the same formula: She had lots of relationships, she had a good share of scandals and controversy, she was beautiful to look at."

Outside of her colorful love life, Gabor's more infamous acts included punching a Spanish police officer in the 1960s, then slapping a Beverly Hills officer in the 1980s; for the latter incident, she allegedly insisted on washing her face with bottled Evian water during her three-day jail stint.

Between her willingness to be trailed by the press and her outsize personality, Gabor perfected a recipe for getting the world to go gaga over Zsa Zsa.. And others haven't been shy about copying it.

"I believe Ms. Gabor was ahead of her time," Post said. "[Celebrities] decide in their mind who their brand is, and that includes the personality and the persona and the tone of their voice and presence, so to feed into that just makes them a more distinct and more unique brand where they don't blend in with the competing celebrities..."

</>

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020, tert in seattle wrote:

> I've now had oat "milk" with granola - it's pretty good!
>
> yesterday at the espresso cart I heard someone ask for oat milk, and
> they actually had it
>
> it looks like it's not too challenging to make it yourself - if I do
> that I'll share the results here

I tried, but meh on its own, and not so good in coffee. Maybe the granola
disguised the flavor?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020, Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 20:29:52 -0500, jmcquown >
> wrote:

>>> funny you should mention that - have you seen Paris Hilton's latest
>>> cooking video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

>> LOLOL Is she planning to cook the dog? Yes, everyone needs to strut
>> into their kitchen wearing fingerless gloves and carrying a chihuahua.
>> People watch this stuff?

> You do. You know
>
> -That she was carrying a dog.
> -That she was wearing fingerless gloves.
> -That's she was strutting.

She was "steaming" the noodles, and "boiling" the ground beef...

She's playin' us like a fiddle, I'd bet.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2020-01-27 10:45 p.m., barbie gee wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Jan 2020, tert in seattle wrote:
>
>> I've now had oat "milk" with granola - it's pretty good!
>>
>> yesterday at the espresso cart I heard someone ask for oat milk, and
>> they actually had it
>>
>> it looks like it's not too challenging to make it yourself - if I do
>> that I'll share the results here

> I tried, but meh on its own, and not so good in coffee.Â* Maybe the
> granola disguised the flavor?

My wife originally bought oat milk for me because of my lactose issues.
I later started using lactose free milk, but she keeps buying it for
herself, and uses it mainly for coffee. She likes to froth it for a
latte. Last weekend we went to a coffee shop where she ordered a latte
with oat milk. When I went back to the counter to pick up out coffees
someone else was ordering a latte with oat milk. That surprised me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, January 25, 2020 at 7:46:53 AM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> [...]

> Outside of her colorful love life, Gabor's more infamous acts included punching a Spanish police officer in the 1960s, then slapping a Beverly Hills officer in the 1980s; for the latter incident, she allegedly insisted on washing her face with bottled Evian water during her three-day jail stint.
>
> Between her willingness to be trailed by the press and her outsize personality, Gabor perfected a recipe for getting the world to go gaga over Zsa Zsa. And others haven't been shy about copying it.
>
> "I believe Ms. Gabor was ahead of her time," Post said. "[Celebrities] decide in their mind who their brand is, and that includes the personality and the persona and the tone of their voice and presence, so to feed into that just makes them a more distinct and more unique brand where they don't blend in with the competing celebrities..."

She and her sister were the Kate and Ashley of their time i.e., it's hard to tell them apart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5xsN3zkyyY
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, January 27, 2020 at 6:00:05 PM UTC-10, barbie gee wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jan 2020, Bruce wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 20:29:52 -0500, jmcquown >
> > wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayImIgdgLEI

> >> LOLOL Is she planning to cook the dog? Yes, everyone needs to strut
> >> into their kitchen wearing fingerless gloves and carrying a chihuahua.
> >> People watch this stuff?

> > You do. You know
> >
> > -That she was carrying a dog.
> > -That she was wearing fingerless gloves.
> > -That's she was strutting.
> >

> She was "steaming" the noodles, and "boiling" the ground beef...
>
> She's playin' us like a fiddle, I'd bet.

Oddly enough, Zsa Zsa might be Paris' great grand-stepmom - if such a thing exists.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 23 Jan 2020 20:21:45 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:

> I've now had oat "milk" with granola - it's pretty good!
>
> yesterday at the espresso cart I heard someone ask for oat milk,

You sure you did not mistake 'goat milk'?