Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner plus leftovers ...

Â* Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
, and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
, and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .

Snag

====

Sounds wonderful)) I love the way you talk about your wife))) Bless
you!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 1/16/2020 2:11 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Terry Coombs"Â* wrote in message ...
>

> Â* Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
> inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
> , and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
> shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
> with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
> My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
> everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .
>
> Â*Snag
>
> ====
>
> Â* Sounds wonderful))Â*Â* I love the way you talk about your wife)))
> Bless you!!

Â*She's put up with my bullshit for over45 years , that earns her a
great deal of respect . 'Sides , I love her ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:11:01 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 1/16/2020 2:11 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Terry Coombs"Â* wrote in message ...
>>

>> Â* Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
>> inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
>> , and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
>> shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
>> with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
>> My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
>> everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .
>>
>> Â*Snag
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Â* Sounds wonderful))Â*Â* I love the way you talk about your wife)))
>> Bless you!!

> Â*She's put up with my bullshit for over45 years , that earns her a
>great deal of respect .

Does she call you Snag?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Jan 2020 15:11:01 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>
>> On 1/16/2020 2:11 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> "Terry Coombs"Â* wrote in message ...
>>>

>>> Â* Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
>>> inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
>>> , and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
>>> shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
>>> with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
>>> My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
>>> everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .
>>>
>>> Â*Snag
>>>
>>> ====
>>>
>>> Â* Sounds wonderful))Â*Â* I love the way you talk about your wife)))
>>> Bless you!!

>> Â*She's put up with my bullshit for over45 years , that earns her a
>> great deal of respect .

> Does she call you Snag?

Why not?

If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?
Rectum, Butthole, Dickbreath, douchebag shit****er?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 7:22:39 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
> >
> > Does she call you Snag?
> >

> Why not?
>
> If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?

Woody? Mr. Splinter?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

On 1/16/2020 2:11 PM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>

> Tonight's offering is a beef stew . Probably sirloin tip , cut into
> inch cubes and seared in a screamin' hot 4 qt pan (old , heavy aluminum
> , and one of my favorites) with onions and celery , with carrots ,
> shrooms , and a couple of taters and a can of beef broth and thickened
> with flour . The rolls to go with are looking pretty good in the oven .
> My lovely bride should be home in about 20 minutes , just when
> everything is ready to serve . She done taught me well .
>
> Snag
>
> ====
>
> Sounds wonderful)) I love the way you talk about your wife)))
> Bless you!!

She's put up with my bullshit for over45 years , that earns her a
great deal of respect . 'Sides , I love her ...

Snag

===

)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> On Thursday, January 16, 2020 at 7:22:39 PM UTC-6, Hank Rogers wrote:
> >
> > Bruce wrote:
> > >
> > > Does she call you Snag?
> > >

> > Why not?
> >
> > If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?
> >

> Woody? Mr. Splinter?

Pinocchio?
Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?

I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
But she doesn't allow him to eat any.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 08:50:50 -0500, Gary > wrote:

" wrote:

>> > Why not?
>> >
>> > If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?
>> >

>> Woody? Mr. Splinter?

>Pinocchio?
>Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?
>
>I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
>But she doesn't allow him to eat any.

We both bring home some tofu every day

Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

>> > Why not?
>> >
>> > If yoose have a woman there druce, what does she call yoose?
>> >

>> Woody? Mr. Splinter?

>Pinocchio?
>Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?
>
>I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
>But she doesn't allow him to eat any.

We both bring home some tofu every day

===

Please would you share a few meals you make?

I have a veggie friend and I would like to cook for her sometimes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:18:09 -0000, "Ophelia"

" wrote:

>>> Woody? Mr. Splinter?

>>Pinocchio?
>>Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?
>>
>>I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
>>But she doesn't allow him to eat any.

>We both bring home some tofu every day
>
>===
>
> Please would you share a few meals you make?
>
> I have a veggie friend and I would like to cook for her sometimes.

What we recently started doing is cut the tofu in bite size chunks,
coat it in a bit of flour, fry it and while still in the pan apply
home made teriyaki sauce to the fried sides, making sure the sauce
doesn't burn.

I think teriyaki sauce makes even tofu taste good
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:18:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

.. .

" wrote:

>>> Woody? Mr. Splinter?

>>Pinocchio?
>>Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?
>>
>>I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
>>But she doesn't allow him to eat any.

>We both bring home some tofu every day
>
>===
>
> Please would you share a few meals you make?
>
> I have a veggie friend and I would like to cook for her sometimes.

What we recently started doing is cut the tofu in bite size chunks,
coat it in a bit of flour, fry it and while still in the pan apply
home made teriyaki sauce to the fried sides, making sure the sauce
doesn't burn.

I think teriyaki sauce makes even tofu taste good

==

Thanks Do you serve anything else with it?

Any others you could share? Yes, I could ask my friend but I would like
it to be a surprise

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:52:10 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:18:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

. ..

" wrote:

>>>Pinocchio?
>>>Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?
>>>
>>>I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
>>>But she doesn't allow him to eat any.

>>We both bring home some tofu every day
>>
>>===
>>
>> Please would you share a few meals you make?
>>
>> I have a veggie friend and I would like to cook for her sometimes.

>What we recently started doing is cut the tofu in bite size chunks,
>coat it in a bit of flour, fry it and while still in the pan apply
>home made teriyaki sauce to the fried sides, making sure the sauce
>doesn't burn.
>
>I think teriyaki sauce makes even tofu taste good
>
>==
>
> Thanks Do you serve anything else with it?

We almost always have stirfried vegetables with everything. Nothing
special though.

> Any others you could share? Yes, I could ask my friend but I would like
>it to be a surprise

We always used to add tofu to stirfries. That's not very exciting,
although it helps to airfry it first. It's more of a quick dinner when
we don't have much time or energy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:52:10 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:18:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

. ..

" wrote:

>>>Pinocchio?
>>>Maybe deadbeat? Worthless husband?
>>>
>>>I suspect that she "brings home the bacon."
>>>But she doesn't allow him to eat any.

>>We both bring home some tofu every day
>>
>>===
>>
>> Please would you share a few meals you make?
>>
>> I have a veggie friend and I would like to cook for her sometimes.

>What we recently started doing is cut the tofu in bite size chunks,
>coat it in a bit of flour, fry it and while still in the pan apply
>home made teriyaki sauce to the fried sides, making sure the sauce
>doesn't burn.
>
>I think teriyaki sauce makes even tofu taste good
>
>==
>
> Thanks Do you serve anything else with it?

We almost always have stirfried vegetables with everything. Nothing
special though.

> Any others you could share? Yes, I could ask my friend but I would like
>it to be a surprise

We always used to add tofu to stirfries. That's not very exciting,
although it helps to airfry it first. It's more of a quick dinner when
we don't have much time or energy.

===

Do you serve tofu with everything?

If you have the time, please share with me something that is not a quick
dinner?

Don't worry if you don't have to time. I just thought it was a chance to
learn something

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:43:45 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:52:10 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

. ..

" wrote:

>>>We both bring home some tofu every day
>>>
>>>===
>>>
>>> Please would you share a few meals you make?
>>>
>>> I have a veggie friend and I would like to cook for her sometimes.

>>What we recently started doing is cut the tofu in bite size chunks,
>>coat it in a bit of flour, fry it and while still in the pan apply
>>home made teriyaki sauce to the fried sides, making sure the sauce
>>doesn't burn.
>>
>>I think teriyaki sauce makes even tofu taste good
>>
>>==
>>
>> Thanks Do you serve anything else with it?

>We almost always have stirfried vegetables with everything. Nothing
>special though.
>
>> Any others you could share? Yes, I could ask my friend but I would like
>>it to be a surprise

>We always used to add tofu to stirfries. That's not very exciting,
>although it helps to airfry it first. It's more of a quick dinner when
>we don't have much time or energy.
>
>===
>
> Do you serve tofu with everything?
>
> If you have the time, please share with me something that is not a quick
>dinner?
>
> Don't worry if you don't have to time. I just thought it was a chance to
>learn something

We don't have tofu often, because it's so boring unless you do
something special to it, like add teriyaki sauce. That or peanut sauce
(satay sauce) are the only two home cooked ways I like it. I prefer
tempeh. It has so much flavour it doesn't need any sauce. Just with
rice and any vegetable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:43:45 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 18:52:10 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

. ..

" wrote:

>>>We both bring home some tofu every day
>>>
>>>===
>>>
>>> Please would you share a few meals you make?
>>>
>>> I have a veggie friend and I would like to cook for her sometimes.

>>What we recently started doing is cut the tofu in bite size chunks,
>>coat it in a bit of flour, fry it and while still in the pan apply
>>home made teriyaki sauce to the fried sides, making sure the sauce
>>doesn't burn.
>>
>>I think teriyaki sauce makes even tofu taste good
>>
>>==
>>
>> Thanks Do you serve anything else with it?

>We almost always have stirfried vegetables with everything. Nothing
>special though.
>
>> Any others you could share? Yes, I could ask my friend but I would
>> like
>>it to be a surprise

>We always used to add tofu to stirfries. That's not very exciting,
>although it helps to airfry it first. It's more of a quick dinner when
>we don't have much time or energy.
>
>===
>
> Do you serve tofu with everything?
>
> If you have the time, please share with me something that is not a quick
>dinner?
>
> Don't worry if you don't have to time. I just thought it was a chance
>learn something

We don't have tofu often, because it's so boring unless you do
something special to it, like add teriyaki sauce. That or peanut sauce
(satay sauce) are the only two home cooked ways I like it. I prefer
tempeh. It has so much flavour it doesn't need any sauce. Just with
rice and any vegetable.

==

Do you tend to eat rice then, on a daily basis?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 08:49:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:43:45 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>> Do you serve tofu with everything?
>>
>> If you have the time, please share with me something that is not a quick
>>dinner?
>>
>> Don't worry if you don't have to time. I just thought it was a chance
>>learn something

>We don't have tofu often, because it's so boring unless you do
>something special to it, like add teriyaki sauce. That or peanut sauce
>(satay sauce) are the only two home cooked ways I like it. I prefer
>tempeh. It has so much flavour it doesn't need any sauce. Just with
>rice and any vegetable.
>
>==
>
> Do you tend to eat rice then, on a daily basis?

Rice or pasta or fries. Traditional Dutch would be potatoes Was
that also the traditional carb in the UK? Do you have a carb of
choice?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 08:49:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:43:45 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>> Do you serve tofu with everything?
>>
>> If you have the time, please share with me something that is not a
>> quick
>>dinner?
>>
>> Don't worry if you don't have to time. I just thought it was a chance
>>learn something

>We don't have tofu often, because it's so boring unless you do
>something special to it, like add teriyaki sauce. That or peanut sauce
>(satay sauce) are the only two home cooked ways I like it. I prefer
>tempeh. It has so much flavour it doesn't need any sauce. Just with
>rice and any vegetable.
>
>==
>
> Do you tend to eat rice then, on a daily basis?

Rice or pasta or fries. Traditional Dutch would be potatoes Was
that also the traditional carb in the UK? Do you have a carb of
choice?

===

Yes, potatoes here was traditional too It has changed somewhat now,
although it is still the first thing I think of

But like you, we also have rice, pasta or fries, or potatoes of course)

I use a lot of teriyaki sauce etc too (thank you Dsi1)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 19:37:52 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 08:49:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:43:45 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you serve tofu with everything?
>>>
>>> If you have the time, please share with me something that is not a
>>> quick
>>>dinner?
>>>
>>> Don't worry if you don't have to time. I just thought it was a chance
>>>learn something

>>We don't have tofu often, because it's so boring unless you do
>>something special to it, like add teriyaki sauce. That or peanut sauce
>>(satay sauce) are the only two home cooked ways I like it. I prefer
>>tempeh. It has so much flavour it doesn't need any sauce. Just with
>>rice and any vegetable.
>>
>>==
>>
>> Do you tend to eat rice then, on a daily basis?

>Rice or pasta or fries. Traditional Dutch would be potatoes Was
>that also the traditional carb in the UK? Do you have a carb of
>choice?
>
>===
>
> Yes, potatoes here was traditional too It has changed somewhat now,
>although it is still the first thing I think of
>
> But like you, we also have rice, pasta or fries, or potatoes of course)
>
> I use a lot of teriyaki sauce etc too (thank you Dsi1)

I think my last boilt potato is over 20 years ago.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 19:37:52 -0000, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
>> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>>
>> On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 08:49:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> "Bruce" wrote in message
>>>
>>> On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:43:45 -0000, "Ophelia"

>>> We don't have tofu often, because it's so boring unless you do
>>> something special to it, like add teriyaki sauce. That or peanut sauce
>>> (satay sauce) are the only two home cooked ways I like it. I prefer
>>> tempeh. It has so much flavour it doesn't need any sauce. Just with
>>> rice and any vegetable.
>>>
>>> ==
>>>
>>> Do you tend to eat rice then, on a daily basis?

>> Rice or pasta or fries. Traditional Dutch would be potatoes Was
>> that also the traditional carb in the UK? Do you have a carb of
>> choice?
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Yes, potatoes here was traditional too It has changed somewhat now,
>> although it is still the first thing I think of
>>
>> But like you, we also have rice, pasta or fries, or potatoes of course)
>>
>> I use a lot of teriyaki sauce etc too (thank you Dsi1)

> I think my last boilt potato is over 20 years ago.

Thanks! I love to watch the Gruce and ophelia show.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 19:37:52 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 08:49:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Fri, 17 Jan 2020 19:43:45 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you serve tofu with everything?
>>>
>>> If you have the time, please share with me something that is not a
>>> quick
>>>dinner?
>>>
>>> Don't worry if you don't have to time. I just thought it was a chance
>>>learn something

>>We don't have tofu often, because it's so boring unless you do
>>something special to it, like add teriyaki sauce. That or peanut sauce
>>(satay sauce) are the only two home cooked ways I like it. I prefer
>>tempeh. It has so much flavour it doesn't need any sauce. Just with
>>rice and any vegetable.
>>
>>==
>>
>> Do you tend to eat rice then, on a daily basis?

>Rice or pasta or fries. Traditional Dutch would be potatoes Was
>that also the traditional carb in the UK? Do you have a carb of
>choice?
>
>===
>
> Yes, potatoes here was traditional too It has changed somewhat now,
>although it is still the first thing I think of
>
> But like you, we also have rice, pasta or fries, or potatoes of course)
>
> I use a lot of teriyaki sauce etc too (thank you Dsi1)

I think my last boilt potato is over 20 years ago.

===

I can't remember the last time we ate boiled potatoes, but I have boiled
them to make into another dish.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 08:57:35 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 19:37:52 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 08:49:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

>>>We don't have tofu often, because it's so boring unless you do
>>>something special to it, like add teriyaki sauce. That or peanut sauce
>>>(satay sauce) are the only two home cooked ways I like it. I prefer
>>>tempeh. It has so much flavour it doesn't need any sauce. Just with
>>>rice and any vegetable.
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>> Do you tend to eat rice then, on a daily basis?

>>Rice or pasta or fries. Traditional Dutch would be potatoes Was
>>that also the traditional carb in the UK? Do you have a carb of
>>choice?
>>
>>===
>>
>> Yes, potatoes here was traditional too It has changed somewhat now,
>>although it is still the first thing I think of
>>
>> But like you, we also have rice, pasta or fries, or potatoes of course)
>>
>> I use a lot of teriyaki sauce etc too (thank you Dsi1)

>I think my last boilt potato is over 20 years ago.
>
>===
>
> I can't remember the last time we ate boiled potatoes, but I have boiled
>them to make into another dish.

Ah yes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 19 Jan 2020 08:57:35 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 19:37:52 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"Bruce" wrote in message
. ..

>>On Sat, 18 Jan 2020 08:49:09 -0000, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>>
>>>"Bruce" wrote in message

>>>We don't have tofu often, because it's so boring unless you do
>>>something special to it, like add teriyaki sauce. That or peanut sauce
>>>(satay sauce) are the only two home cooked ways I like it. I prefer
>>>tempeh. It has so much flavour it doesn't need any sauce. Just with
>>>rice and any vegetable.
>>>
>>>==
>>>
>>> Do you tend to eat rice then, on a daily basis?

>>Rice or pasta or fries. Traditional Dutch would be potatoes Was
>>that also the traditional carb in the UK? Do you have a carb of
>>choice?
>>
>>===
>>
>> Yes, potatoes here was traditional too It has changed somewhat now,
>>although it is still the first thing I think of
>>
>> But like you, we also have rice, pasta or fries, or potatoes of course)
>>
>> I use a lot of teriyaki sauce etc too (thank you Dsi1)

>I think my last boilt potato is over 20 years ago.
>
>===
>
> I can't remember the last time we ate boiled potatoes, but I have boiled
>them to make into another dish.

We like boiled taters smashed with sour cream or plain yogurt.