Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Prime Rib Sunday

My wife did the shopping this week and picked up a small prime rib
roast on sale. It was only about 3" thick and I wondered how it would
turn out, being so thin and all. I have to say it was excellent. If it
had been bigger we could have had enough drippings to make Yorkshire
puddings and a lot more gravy. Not a problem. This thing cooked to a
perfect, tasty medium rare.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019 Dec 22, , Dave Smith wrote
(in article >):

> My wife did the shopping this week and picked up a small prime rib
> roast on sale. It was only about 3" thick and I wondered how it would
> turn out, being so thin and all. I have to say it was excellent. If it
> had been bigger we could have had enough drippings to make Yorkshire
> puddings and a lot more gravy. Not a problem. This thing cooked to a
> perfect, tasty medium rare.

One can easily make Yorkshire with nothing but flour, milk, an egg, a touch
of salt and smoking hot canola in a 8X8 thin steel pan . No roast or
drippings are needed. Ive often thought that a Yorkshire could be served
with jam. Ours dont last long enough for jam. I use two eggs, but my
grandparents used one. 450F and thirty minutes. We will be having Yorkshire
in three days.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leo" wrote in message
vidual.Net...

On 2019 Dec 22, , Dave Smith wrote
(in article >):

> My wife did the shopping this week and picked up a small prime rib
> roast on sale. It was only about 3" thick and I wondered how it would
> turn out, being so thin and all. I have to say it was excellent. If it
> had been bigger we could have had enough drippings to make Yorkshire
> puddings and a lot more gravy. Not a problem. This thing cooked to a
> perfect, tasty medium rare.

One can easily make Yorkshire with nothing but flour, milk, an egg, a touch
of salt and smoking hot canola in a 8X8 thin steel pan . No roast or
drippings are needed. Ive often thought that a Yorkshire could be served
with jam. Ours dont last long enough for jam. I use two eggs, but my
grandparents used one. 450F and thirty minutes. We will be having Yorkshire
in three days.

leo

==

*cough* you are referring to Yorkshire Pudding I take it?

O a Yorkshire Lass!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-23 12:24 a.m., Leo wrote:
> On 2019 Dec 22, , Dave Smith wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> My wife did the shopping this week and picked up a small prime rib
>> roast on sale. It was only about 3" thick and I wondered how it would
>> turn out, being so thin and all. I have to say it was excellent. If it
>> had been bigger we could have had enough drippings to make Yorkshire
>> puddings and a lot more gravy. Not a problem. This thing cooked to a
>> perfect, tasty medium rare.

> One can easily make Yorkshire with nothing but flour, milk, an egg, a touch
> of salt and smoking hot canola in a 8X8 thin steel pan . No roast or
> drippings are needed. Ive often thought that a Yorkshire could be served
> with jam. Ours dont last long enough for jam. I use two eggs, but my
> grandparents used one. 450F and thirty minutes. We will be having Yorkshire
> in three days.
>
> leo

An uncle of mine used to put treacle (Lyle's Golden Syrup) on his. He
was obese though.

Prime Rib--again [email protected] General Cooking 1 18-01-2006 08:03 PM
NFL FOOTBALL. SUNDAY! SUNDAY!! SUNDAY!!! Andy General Cooking 0 11-09-2005 08:36 PM
Prime Rib Eye Randy Price Barbecue 1 03-10-2004 04:09 AM
Sunday Dinner's Super Bowl Sunday Menu (6) Collection Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 29-01-2004 03:30 AM
Sunday Dinner's Super Bowl Sunday Menu Duckie ® Recipes 0 28-01-2004 04:40 PM