Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cauliflower jackpot at trader joes

IT was a calm and clear evening, the sun was just setting on the
horizon and I was driving along the highway thinking what could I have
for dinner....

It was a short drive, just a few miles I had just passed a walmart,
subway, and a doughnut shop. The burger joints were just up the road a
bit but those disgusting cholesterol and gluten factories are of no
interest to me. Up to my right I can see a familiar shopping center.
Centered in that area is Trader Joe's.

I decide to go ahead and pull in just to see if anything catches my
eyes.

I walk into the produce section and I spy the cauliflower. And they
are freakin huge. So I ask the stock person whether these are the
normal or are they the organic. There is a 1 dollar difference between
the two. Even though the flavor and the nutritional content will be
identical I suppose it costs an extra dollar for them to have the word
organic on the label. They tell me it is not organic so the price is
clearly listed at 1.99 each.

So I pick the last 5 and they are all super sized, take a look.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...S_CW6aOxfhks0w

so now I get to make several servings of my fried cauliflower and my
cauliflower bread and cauliflower pizza crust
--

"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 9:30:04 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> IT was a calm and clear evening, the sun was just setting on the
> horizon and I was driving along the highway thinking what could I have
> for dinner....
>
> It was a short drive, just a few miles I had just passed a walmart,
> subway, and a doughnut shop. The burger joints were just up the road a
> bit but those disgusting cholesterol and gluten factories are of no
> interest to me. Up to my right I can see a familiar shopping center.
> Centered in that area is Trader Joe's.
>
> I decide to go ahead and pull in just to see if anything catches my
> eyes.
>
> I walk into the produce section and I spy the cauliflower. And they
> are freakin huge. So I ask the stock person whether these are the
> normal or are they the organic. There is a 1 dollar difference between
> the two. Even though the flavor and the nutritional content will be
> identical I suppose it costs an extra dollar for them to have the word
> organic on the label. They tell me it is not organic so the price is
> clearly listed at 1.99 each.
>
> So I pick the last 5 and they are all super sized, take a look.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...S_CW6aOxfhks0w
>
> so now I get to make several servings of my fried cauliflower and my
> cauliflower bread and cauliflower pizza crust
> --
>

> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> ~Toidi Uoy

You have to have Amazon generate an external link to your photos. Just open the photo, then hit the share icon and then hit the link icon. Then copy the link and paste it on to your post. Complicated? I suppose so.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 2:30:50 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:

> On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 9:30:04 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> >
> > So I pick the last 5 and they are all super sized, take a look.
> >
> > https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...S_CW6aOxfhks0w
> >

> You have to have Amazon generate an external link to your photos. Just open the photo, then hit the share icon and then hit the link icon. Then copy the link and paste it on to your post. Complicated? I suppose so.

Yes, lovely black screen he generated there for all to view.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> It was a short drive, just a few miles I had just passed a walmart,
>> subway, and a doughnut shop. The burger joints were just up the road a
>> bit but those disgusting cholesterol and gluten factories are of no
>> interest to me.

>Do you know who Aesop is - that guy that writes the fables?
>
>BTW: Celiacs and people with true gluten or wheat allergies long for
>those things. Only gullible, brainwashed people call gluten
>"disgusting".
>
>-sw

That is the dumbest crap I have ever heard.

Do you think that people that have quit smoking are craving
cigarettes?
Or do you think that people with nut allergies crave nuts?

Do you think that people that are allergic to a wasp sting craves
that?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 12:30:46 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 9:30:04 AM UTC-10, wrote:
>> IT was a calm and clear evening, the sun was just setting on the
>> horizon and I was driving along the highway thinking what could I have
>> for dinner....
>>
>> It was a short drive, just a few miles I had just passed a walmart,
>> subway, and a doughnut shop. The burger joints were just up the road a
>> bit but those disgusting cholesterol and gluten factories are of no
>> interest to me. Up to my right I can see a familiar shopping center.
>> Centered in that area is Trader Joe's.
>>
>> I decide to go ahead and pull in just to see if anything catches my
>> eyes.
>>
>> I walk into the produce section and I spy the cauliflower. And they
>> are freakin huge. So I ask the stock person whether these are the
>> normal or are they the organic. There is a 1 dollar difference between
>> the two. Even though the flavor and the nutritional content will be
>> identical I suppose it costs an extra dollar for them to have the word
>> organic on the label. They tell me it is not organic so the price is
>> clearly listed at 1.99 each.
>>
>> So I pick the last 5 and they are all super sized, take a look.
>>
>> https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...S_CW6aOxfhks0w
>>
>> so now I get to make several servings of my fried cauliflower and my
>> cauliflower bread and cauliflower pizza crust
>> --
>>

>> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
>> ~Toidi Uoy

>You have to have Amazon generate an external link to your photos. Just open the photo, then hit the share icon and then hit the link icon. Then copy the link and paste it on to your post. Complicated? I suppose so.

sorry try this
https://www.amazon.com/photos/groups...993b87cb15360b

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-16 3:06 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:

> Do you know who Aesop is - that guy that writes the fables?
>
> BTW: Celiacs and people with true gluten or wheat allergies long for
> those things. Only gullible, brainwashed people call gluten
> "disgusting".

My wife was raised on a celiac diet, but does't believe herself to be
celiac. She can get away with small amounts of it. It can make her feel
uncomfortable, but her greater concern is carbs. She has a nice body and
works to keep it that way. My good friend's wife has decided to go
gluten free. She is not celiac but has has some health related concerns
about it that I just don't understand. It makes it difficult to get
together for a meal. That is best done in restaurants and let the cook
there worry about it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:07:44 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-12-16 3:06 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:
>
>> Do you know who Aesop is - that guy that writes the fables?
>>
>> BTW: Celiacs and people with true gluten or wheat allergies long for
>> those things. Only gullible, brainwashed people call gluten
>> "disgusting".
>>

>My wife was raised on a celiac diet, but does't believe herself to be
>celiac. She can get away with small amounts of it. It can make her feel
>uncomfortable, but her greater concern is carbs. She has a nice body and
>works to keep it that way. My good friend's wife has decided to go
>gluten free. She is not celiac but has has some health related concerns
>about it that I just don't understand. It makes it difficult to get
>together for a meal. That is best done in restaurants and let the cook
>there worry about it.

Any person that has celiac or a gluten related issue will not eat at a
restaurant, even if they have gluten free food there. Perhaps if the
entire restaurant is gluten free then there is a small chance. If a
restaurant is not 100% gluten free there is ALWAYS a fairly large
chance for cross contamination.

I have not eaten in any restaurant in years for that very fact. I will
not ever eat in any restaurant or for that matter eat anyone else's
cooking other than my own. I will not even eat my own cooking if
someone else has chandelled my food.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 3:26:43 PM UTC-6, wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 12:30:46 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
> >You have to have Amazon generate an external link to your photos. Just open the photo, then hit the share icon and then hit the link icon. Then copy the link and paste it on to your post. Complicated? I suppose so.

> sorry try this
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/groups...993b87cb15360b

Good grief, just give up on your picture posting abilities.

The link above states this:

"Sharing

Create Group

Share privately with friends and family!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2019 3:56 PM, wrote:
> On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 2:30:50 PM UTC-6, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 9:30:04 AM UTC-10, wrote:
>>>
>>> So I pick the last 5 and they are all super sized, take a look.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...S_CW6aOxfhks0w

>> You have to have Amazon generate an external link to your photos. Just open the photo, then hit the share icon and then hit the link icon. Then copy the link and paste it on to your post. Complicated? I suppose so.
>>

> Yes, lovely black screen he generated there for all to view.

I don't know why anyone needs to use Amazon to post links to photos.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>>> It was a short drive, just a few miles I had just passed a walmart,
>>> subway, and a doughnut shop. The burger joints were just up the road a
>>> bit but those disgusting cholesterol and gluten factories are of no
>>> interest to me.

>>Do you know who Aesop is - that guy that writes the fables?
>>
>>BTW: Celiacs and people with true gluten or wheat allergies long for
>>those things. Only gullible, brainwashed people call gluten
>>"disgusting".
>>
>>-sw

> That is the dumbest crap I have ever heard.
>
> Do you think that people that have quit smoking are craving
> cigarettes?

Yes, because they do.

> Or do you think that people with nut allergies crave nuts?

Some people with allergies and intolerances do crave what they can't have.
I'm not one f them but I know a woman who is constantly sick from eating
stuff she shouldn't. She will beg us not to let her eat ____. Then we go out
to eat and she either orders it r grabs it from someone's plate. If we try
to stop her, she yells and gets physical so we quit trying. She says she
can't help it. She craves it.

> Do you think that people that are allergic to a wasp sting craves
> that?

Probably not but the same person I mentioned above use to have cravings for
bee venom and had her ND inject her with it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:07:44 -0500, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>>On 2019-12-16 3:06 p.m., Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>>> Do you know who Aesop is - that guy that writes the fables?
>>>
>>> BTW: Celiacs and people with true gluten or wheat allergies long for
>>> those things. Only gullible, brainwashed people call gluten
>>> "disgusting".
>>>

>>My wife was raised on a celiac diet, but does't believe herself to be
>>celiac. She can get away with small amounts of it. It can make her feel
>>uncomfortable, but her greater concern is carbs. She has a nice body and
>>works to keep it that way. My good friend's wife has decided to go
>>gluten free. She is not celiac but has has some health related concerns
>>about it that I just don't understand. It makes it difficult to get
>>together for a meal. That is best done in restaurants and let the cook
>>there worry about it.
>>

> Any person that has celiac or a gluten related issue will not eat at a
> restaurant, even if they have gluten free food there. Perhaps if the
> entire restaurant is gluten free then there is a small chance. If a
> restaurant is not 100% gluten free there is ALWAYS a fairly large
> chance for cross contamination.
>
> I have not eaten in any restaurant in years for that very fact. I will
> not ever eat in any restaurant or for that matter eat anyone else's
> cooking other than my own. I will not even eat my own cooking if
> someone else has chandelled my food.

Restaurants are generally the worst for people with gluten issues because of
cross contamination. We used to have one place that was totally gluten free
but they were not to be trusted. The owner gave my mom a free cookie and
said it had no egg in it. On the way home, the stomach pains began and she
threw up when we got home.

We went on a later date and those cookies were also sold packaged. The label
revealed that they had egg, as did the brownies that I was told had no egg.
Only reason we didn't get a brownie was that they were out of them.

You would think if they were careful about gluten, they would be careful
about other things too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2019 7:20 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:07:44 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

> Restaurants are generally the worst for people with gluten issues
> because of cross contamination. We used to have one place that was
> totally gluten free but they were not to be trusted. The owner gave my
> mom a free cookie and said it had no egg in it. On the way home, the
> stomach pains began and she threw up when we got home.

Are you claiming eggs contain gluten?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2019 7:15 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Do you think that people that are allergic to a wasp sting craves
>> that?

> Probably not but the same person I mentioned above use to have cravings
> for bee venom and had her ND inject her with it.

Quack medicine.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 16:15:04 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

.. .

wrote:

>>>Do you know who Aesop is - that guy that writes the fables?
>>>
>>>BTW: Celiacs and people with true gluten or wheat allergies long for
>>>those things. Only gullible, brainwashed people call gluten
>>>"disgusting".
>>>
>>>-sw

>> That is the dumbest crap I have ever heard.
>>
>> Do you think that people that have quit smoking are craving
>> cigarettes?

>Yes, because they do.

LOL I quit smoking over a year ago and I have not had a single craving
since, when I do go out and smell someone smoking it disgusts me. So
no your response does not apply to everyone.

>> Or do you think that people with nut allergies crave nuts?

>Some people with allergies and intolerances do crave what they can't have.
>I'm not one f them but I know a woman who is constantly sick from eating
>stuff she shouldn't. She will beg us not to let her eat ____. Then we go out
>to eat and she either orders it r grabs it from someone's plate. If we try
>to stop her, she yells and gets physical so we quit trying. She says she
>can't help it. She craves it.

Well there are stupid people everywhere. It is not a craving that the
person has it is simply stupidity and that person wanting what they
can not have

>> Do you think that people that are allergic to a wasp sting craves
>> that?

>Probably not but the same person I mentioned above use to have cravings for
>bee venom and had her ND inject her with it.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 19:38:44 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/16/2019 7:20 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:07:44 -0500, Dave Smith

>> Restaurants are generally the worst for people with gluten issues
>> because of cross contamination. We used to have one place that was
>> totally gluten free but they were not to be trusted. The owner gave my
>> mom a free cookie and said it had no egg in it. On the way home, the
>> stomach pains began and she threw up when we got home.
>>

>Are you claiming eggs contain gluten?
>
>Jill

I bet you have trouble putting 2 and 2 together and getting 4???

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Cauliflower jackpot at trader joes - IMG_20191214_173039.jpg (0/1)

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 14:52:51 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 3:26:43 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 12:30:46 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >You have to have Amazon generate an external link to your photos. Just open the photo, then hit the share icon and then hit the link icon. Then copy the link and paste it on to your post. Complicated? I suppose so.

>> sorry try this
>> https://www.amazon.com/photos/groups...993b87cb15360b
>>

>Good grief, just give up on your picture posting abilities.
>
>The link above states this:
>
>"Sharing
>
>Create Group
>
>Share privately with friends and family!"

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On 12/16/2019 7:20 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:07:44 -0500, Dave Smith

>> Restaurants are generally the worst for people with gluten issues
>> because of cross contamination. We used to have one place that was
>> totally gluten free but they were not to be trusted. The owner gave my
>> mom a free cookie and said it had no egg in it. On the way home, the
>> stomach pains began and she threw up when we got home.
>>

>Are you claiming eggs contain gluten?

Maybe it was a cage egg and there's gluten in cages?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 3:26:43 PM UTC-6, wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 12:30:46 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> You have to have Amazon generate an external link to your photos. Just open the photo, then hit the share icon and then hit the link icon. Then copy the link and paste it on to your post. Complicated? I suppose so.

>> sorry try this

https://www.amazon.com/photos/groups...993b87cb15360b

> Good grief, just give up on your picture posting abilities.
>
> The link above states this:
>
> "Sharing
>
> Create Group
>
> Share privately with friends and family!"

Maybe he can go ask for instructions on Quora.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 17:07:44 -0500, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> My wife was raised on a celiac diet, but does't believe herself
>>> to be
>>> celiac. She can get away with small amounts of it. It can make
>>> her feel
>>> uncomfortable, but her greater concern is carbs. She has a nice
>>> body and
>>> works to keep it that way.* My good friend's wife has decided to go
>>> gluten free. She is not celiac but has has some health related
>>> concerns
>>> about it that I just don't understand. It makes it difficult to get
>>> together for a meal. That is best done in restaurants and let the
>>> cook
>>> there worry about it.
>>>

>> Any person that has celiac or a gluten related issue will not eat
>> at a
>> restaurant, even if they have gluten free food there. Perhaps if the
>> entire restaurant is gluten free then there is a small chance. If a
>> restaurant is not 100% gluten free there is ALWAYS a fairly large
>> chance for cross contamination.
>>
>> I have not eaten in any restaurant in years for that very fact. I
>> will
>> not ever eat in any restaurant or for that matter eat anyone else's
>> cooking other than my own. I will not even eat my own cooking if
>> someone else has chandelled my food.

> Restaurants are generally the worst for people with gluten issues
> because of cross contamination. We used to have one place that was
> totally gluten free but they were not to be trusted. The owner gave
> my mom a free cookie and said it had no egg in it. On the way home,
> the stomach pains began and she threw up when we got home.
>
> We went on a later date and those cookies were also sold packaged.
> The label revealed that they had egg, as did the brownies that I was
> told had no egg. Only reason we didn't get a brownie was that they
> were out of them.
>
> You would think if they were careful about gluten, they would be
> careful about other things too.

With all the intense allergies that you and your family has, I'm
surprised you ever dare eating at a restaurant.

You could very easily die.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 16:15:04 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
.. .

>> Do you think that people that have quit smoking are craving
>> cigarettes?

>Yes, because they do.

You really shouldn't make blanket statements like that . I quit
smoking about 18 years ago, and with the exception of the first couple
of months, I have not craved cigarettes at all.

Doris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 22:26:17 -0600, Doris Night
> wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 16:15:04 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>

> wrote in message
. ..

>>> Do you think that people that have quit smoking are craving
>>> cigarettes?

>>Yes, because they do.

>You really shouldn't make blanket statements like that . I quit
>smoking about 18 years ago, and with the exception of the first couple
>of months, I have not craved cigarettes at all.

I quit smoking 14 years ago and I feel like a cigarette maybe once a
year. Very occasionally I end up in strange places because I'm
following a smoker.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 6:57:08 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/16/2019 3:56 PM, wrote:

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...S_CW6aOxfhks0w

> >> You have to have Amazon generate an external link to your photos. Just open the photo, then hit the share icon and then hit the link icon. Then copy the link and paste it on to your post. Complicated? I suppose so.
> >>

> > Yes, lovely black screen he generated there for all to view.
> >

> I don't know why anyone needs to use Amazon to post links to photos.
>
> Jill

If that's where they already keep their photos, then posting a link to
Amazon is the easiest thing for them.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> I don't know why anyone needs to use Amazon to post links to photos

amazon can be pretty slow with pics too sometimes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-16 11:26 p.m., Doris Night wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 16:15:04 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>> Do you think that people that have quit smoking are craving
>>> cigarettes?

>> Yes, because they do.

> You really shouldn't make blanket statements like that . I quit
> smoking about 18 years ago, and with the exception of the first couple
> of months, I have not craved cigarettes at all.

I quit smoking years ago and have no craving at all for cigarettes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> the same person I mentioned above use to have cravings for
> bee venom and had her ND inject her with it.

oh this group is invaluable! LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 07:47:09 -0500, Gary > wrote:

wrote:
>> I have not eaten in any restaurant in years for that very fact. I will
>> not ever eat in any restaurant or for that matter eat anyone else's
>> cooking other than my own. I will not even eat my own cooking if
>> someone else has chandelled my food.

>lol Get help.
>Thanks for the morning laugh though.

What does chandelling food mean? And if it's a typo, what does
channelling food mean?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 11:57:01 +1100, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 19:38:44 -0500, jmcquown >
>wrote:

>>> Restaurants are generally the worst for people with gluten issues
>>> because of cross contamination. We used to have one place that was
>>> totally gluten free but they were not to be trusted. The owner gave my
>>> mom a free cookie and said it had no egg in it. On the way home, the
>>> stomach pains began and she threw up when we got home.
>>>

>>Are you claiming eggs contain gluten?

>Maybe it was a cage egg and there's gluten in cages?

actually it could have been the guy taking care of the chickens was
eating a ham sandwich while feeding the chickens and a crumb fell off
of his sandwich mixed with the food and contaminated the chicken feed
for the next 10000.656 years. No wait radiation does that, I get them
so confused.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
>> I have not eaten in any restaurant in years for that very fact. I will
>> not ever eat in any restaurant or for that matter eat anyone else's
>> cooking other than my own. I will not even eat my own cooking if
>> someone else has chandelled my food.

^^ handled
>lol Get help.
>Thanks for the morning laugh though.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 1:21:29 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 07:47:09 -0500, Gary > wrote:
>
> wrote:
> >> I have not eaten in any restaurant in years for that very fact. I will
> >> not ever eat in any restaurant or for that matter eat anyone else's
> >> cooking other than my own. I will not even eat my own cooking if
> >> someone else has chandelled my food.

> >lol Get help.
> >Thanks for the morning laugh though.

> What does chandelling food mean? And if it's a typo, what does
> channelling food mean?

I think he was attempting to spell "handling".

Although unless he grows all his own food, I don't see how he can
avoid someone else handling it.

Although, in the Middle Ages, a chandler made candles and soap. Perhaps
he eats soap.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 10:27:02 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 1:21:29 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> >lol Get help.
>> >Thanks for the morning laugh though.

>> What does chandelling food mean? And if it's a typo, what does
>> channelling food mean?

>I think he was attempting to spell "handling".

Oh, of course

>Although unless he grows all his own food, I don't see how he can
>avoid someone else handling it.

Indeed, who knows what the cauliflower farmer touched before they
handled the cauliflower.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 10:27:02 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 1:21:29 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> >lol Get help.
>> >Thanks for the morning laugh though.

>> What does chandelling food mean? And if it's a typo, what does
>> channelling food mean?

>I think he was attempting to spell "handling".
>
>Although unless he grows all his own food, I don't see how he can
>avoid someone else handling it.

That is why some people use soap and water to clean things because
other people have touched it. The chandelled was spell check doing
that. Supposed to be handled

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> IT was a calm and clear evening, the sun was just setting on the
> horizon and I was driving along the highway thinking what could I have
> for dinner....
>
> It was a short drive, just a few miles I had just passed a walmart,
> subway, and a doughnut shop. The burger joints were just up the road a
> bit but those disgusting cholesterol and gluten factories are of no
> interest to me. Up to my right I can see a familiar shopping center.
> Centered in that area is Trader Joe's.
>
> I decide to go ahead and pull in just to see if anything catches my
> eyes.
>
> I walk into the produce section and I spy the cauliflower. And they
> are freakin huge. So I ask the stock person whether these are the
> normal or are they the organic. There is a 1 dollar difference between
> the two. Even though the flavor and the nutritional content will be
> identical I suppose it costs an extra dollar for them to have the word
> organic on the label. They tell me it is not organic so the price is
> clearly listed at 1.99 each.
>
> So I pick the last 5 and they are all super sized, take a look.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...S_CW6aOxfhks0w

> so now I get to make several servings of my fried cauliflower and my
> cauliflower bread and cauliflower pizza crust
> --
>

> "There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
> ~Toidi Uoy

Can not view this photo without going through sign in crap, so they can
get stuffed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2019 1:26 PM, wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 12:30:46 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> > wrote:
>
>> [...]
https://www.amazon.com/photos/all/ga...S_CW6aOxfhks0w

>> You have to have Amazon generate an external link to your photos. Just open the photo, then hit the share icon and then hit the link icon. Then copy the link and paste it on to your post. Complicated? I suppose so.

> sorry try this
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/groups...993b87cb15360b

Two fails. You're an idiot.

Trader Joes Gary General Cooking 37 31-08-2012 03:50 AM
New Trader Joes Fine JeanineAlyse General Cooking 9 20-02-2012 07:18 PM
Whole Foods and Trader Joes [email protected] General Cooking 18 26-07-2007 06:45 PM
Trader Joes... Thanks for the Fish! Andy[_2_] General Cooking 13 29-04-2007 12:04 AM
Trader Joes near me. YAY!!! Andy General Cooking 20 28-10-2004 07:53 AM