Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default KFC fail?

Looking at the rest of yesterday's newspaper this morning, I
saw a picture and a short caption. No other follow-up story.

Caption:
"In September, KFC debuted a chicken and doughnut sandwich.
It was only available in (my area), Richmond and Pittsburg."

Pictu Crispy chicken patty sandwiched between
2 glazed doughnuts

Me: oh man, really?

This link tells a bit mo
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...and-delicious/

I won't be trying one of those any time soon. ;-D
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, December 16, 2019 at 10:33:03 AM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> Looking at the rest of yesterday's newspaper this morning, I
> saw a picture and a short caption. No other follow-up story.
>
> Caption:
> "In September, KFC debuted a chicken and doughnut sandwich.
> It was only available in (my area), Richmond and Pittsburg."
>
> Pictu Crispy chicken patty sandwiched between
> 2 glazed doughnuts
>
> Me: oh man, really?
>
> This link tells a bit mo
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...and-delicious/
>
> I won't be trying one of those any time soon. ;-D

KFC is pre-failed, even without the doughnuts.

Even my local fried chicken joint has lost my custom; their new
cole slaw recipe is way too sweet.

One of these days I'll try the Koreans:

<http://www.eatseoulstreet.com/>

Rumor has it they're now the best in town.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/19 8:34 AM, Gary wrote:
> Looking at the rest of yesterday's newspaper this morning, I
> saw a picture and a short caption. No other follow-up story.
>
> Caption:
> "In September, KFC debuted a chicken and doughnut sandwich.
> It was only available in (my area), Richmond and Pittsburg."
>
> Pictu Crispy chicken patty sandwiched between
> 2 glazed doughnuts
>
> Me: oh man, really?
>
> This link tells a bit mo
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...and-delicious/
>
> I won't be trying one of those any time soon. ;-D

KFC has always been pitiful. They closed here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay > wrote in :

> On 12/16/19 8:34 AM, Gary wrote:
>> Looking at the rest of yesterday's newspaper this morning,
>> I saw a picture and a short caption. No other follow-up
>> story.
>>
>> Caption:
>> "In September, KFC debuted a chicken and doughnut
>> sandwich.
>> It was only available in (my area), Richmond and
>> Pittsburg."
>>
>> Pictu Crispy chicken patty sandwiched between
>> 2 glazed doughnuts
>>
>> Me: oh man, really?
>>
>> This link tells a bit mo
>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ly/wp/2019/09/
>> 24/kfcs-new-fried-chicken-and-doughnut-sandwich-is-terrifyi
>> ng-and-delicious/
>>
>> I won't be trying one of those any time soon. ;-D
>>

> KFC has always been pitiful. They closed here.

Fried chicken-scented fireplace logs from KFC are back:

https://tinyurl.com/w4tg56q

In 2018, the logs sold out quickly, KFC said.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2019 10:34 AM, Gary wrote:
> Looking at the rest of yesterday's newspaper this morning, I
> saw a picture and a short caption. No other follow-up story.
>
> Caption:
> "In September, KFC debuted a chicken and doughnut sandwich.
> It was only available in (my area), Richmond and Pittsburg."
>
> Pictu Crispy chicken patty sandwiched between
> 2 glazed doughnuts
>
> Me: oh man, really?
>
> This link tells a bit mo
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...and-delicious/
>
> I won't be trying one of those any time soon. ;-D

IMHO, anything with glazed doughnuts is a fail. Then again, I'm not a
fan of doughnuts in any form. I certainly wouldn't eat chicken on one.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/16/2019 10:34 AM, Gary wrote:
> Looking at the rest of yesterday's newspaper this morning, I
> saw a picture and a short caption. No other follow-up story.
>
> Caption:
> "In September, KFC debuted a chicken and doughnut sandwich.
> It was only available in (my area), Richmond and Pittsburg."
>
> Pictu Crispy chicken patty sandwiched between
> 2 glazed doughnuts
>
> Me: oh man, really?
>
> This link tells a bit mo
> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...and-delicious/
>
> I won't be trying one of those any time soon. ;-D

I think they do things like that just for the publicity. Anything that
gets you in the news is good. Sounds like it would be sloppy eating
though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 10:34:07 -0500, Gary > wrote:

>Looking at the rest of yesterday's newspaper this morning, I
>saw a picture and a short caption. No other follow-up story.
>
>Caption:
>"In September, KFC debuted a chicken and doughnut sandwich.
> It was only available in (my area), Richmond and Pittsburg."
>
>Pictu Crispy chicken patty sandwiched between
> 2 glazed doughnuts
>
>Me: oh man, really?
>
>This link tells a bit mo
>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...and-delicious/
>
>I won't be trying one of those any time soon. ;-D

The entire fast food industry is a Major fail, Don't cha know?

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019 Dec 16, , jmcquown wrote
(in article >):

> On 12/16/2019 10:34 AM, Gary wrote:
> > Looking at the rest of yesterday's newspaper this morning, I
> > saw a picture and a short caption. No other follow-up story.
> >
> > Caption:
> > "In September, KFC debuted a chicken and doughnut sandwich.
> > It was only available in (my area), Richmond and Pittsburg."
> >
> > Pictu Crispy chicken patty sandwiched between
> > 2 glazed doughnuts
> >
> > Me: oh man, really?
> >
> > This link tells a bit mo
> > https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...kfcs-new-fried
> > -chicken-and-doughnut-sandwich-is-terrifying-and-delicious/
> >
> > I won't be trying one of those any time soon. ;-D

> IMHO, anything with glazed doughnuts is a fail. Then again, I'm not a
> fan of doughnuts in any form. I certainly wouldn't eat chicken on one.

Chicken and waffles is a thing, so I suppose that chicken and doughnuts is
a followup. I ate chicken and waffles at KFC, but the waffles were
uninspired. Maybe, someday, Ill get a real good chicken and waffles
meal.
I dont want to do it on my own. I dont own a waffle iron, and the
chicken is supposed to be deep fried. I havent deep fried chicken in
forty years, if ever. Thats what chicken joints line KFC are for.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leo wrote:
> Chicken and waffles is a thing, so I suppose that chicken and doughnuts is
> a followup. I ate chicken and waffles at KFC, but the waffles were
> uninspired. Maybe, someday, Ill get a real good chicken and waffles
> meal.

My favorite KFC thing is about once every 5 years.
I buy two each time. The 2-piece dinners.

2 piece orginal (always thigh and drum)
One small side and a biscuit

One I buy with mashed potatoes and gravy.
The other I get their cole slaw.

First meal is 2 thighs, mashed potatoes and gravy,
the cole slaw with biscuit.

2nd meal is the 2 drums with a biscuit.

Good stuff~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/18/2019 2:05 AM, Leo wrote:
> On 2019 Dec 16, , jmcquown wrote
> (in article >):
>
>> On 12/16/2019 10:34 AM, Gary wrote:
>>> Looking at the rest of yesterday's newspaper this morning, I
>>> saw a picture and a short caption. No other follow-up story.
>>>
>>> Caption:
>>> "In September, KFC debuted a chicken and doughnut sandwich.
>>> It was only available in (my area), Richmond and Pittsburg."
>>>
>>> Pictu Crispy chicken patty sandwiched between
>>> 2 glazed doughnuts
>>>
>>> Me: oh man, really?
>>>
>>> This link tells a bit mo
>>> https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...kfcs-new-fried
>>> -chicken-and-doughnut-sandwich-is-terrifying-and-delicious/
>>>
>>> I won't be trying one of those any time soon. ;-D

>> IMHO, anything with glazed doughnuts is a fail. Then again, I'm not a
>> fan of doughnuts in any form. I certainly wouldn't eat chicken on one.

> Chicken and waffles is a thing, so I suppose that chicken and doughnuts is
> a followup. I ate chicken and waffles at KFC, but the waffles were
> uninspired. Maybe, someday, Ill get a real good chicken and waffles
> meal.
> I dont want to do it on my own. I dont own a waffle iron, and the
> chicken is supposed to be deep fried. I havent deep fried chicken in
> forty years, if ever. Thats what chicken joints line KFC are for.
>
> leo

I inherited a waffle iron that is circa 1950's. I don't make waffles.
It baffles me. But hey, I don't make fried chicken. That, I have done
and won't do again. The idea of fried chicken and waffles is something
I've heard of in the last decade or so. Doesn't interest me. Same with
glazed doughnuts as part of a fried chicken sandwich. Nope, no thanks.

Leo, I gather you're not going to KFC nor will you try this at home.
<applause>

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 18:36:35 -0500, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 12/18/2019 2:05 AM, Leo wrote:
>> On 2019 Dec 16, , jmcquown wrote
>> (in article >):
>>
>>> IMHO, anything with glazed doughnuts is a fail. Then again, I'm not a
>>> fan of doughnuts in any form. I certainly wouldn't eat chicken on one.

>> Chicken and waffles is a thing, so I suppose that chicken and doughnuts is
>> a followup. I ate chicken and waffles at KFC, but the waffles were
>> uninspired. Maybe, someday, Ill get a real good chicken and waffles
>> meal.
>> I dont want to do it on my own. I dont own a waffle iron, and the
>> chicken is supposed to be deep fried. I havent deep fried chicken in
>> forty years, if ever. Thats what chicken joints line KFC are for.
>>
>> leo
>>

>I inherited a waffle iron that is circa 1950's. I don't make waffles.
>It baffles me. But hey, I don't make fried chicken. That, I have done
>and won't do again. The idea of fried chicken and waffles is something
>I've heard of in the last decade or so. Doesn't interest me. Same with
>glazed doughnuts as part of a fried chicken sandwich. Nope, no thanks.

Interesting. Are there more things you don't like to eat? RFC wants to
know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-18 6:36 p.m., jmcquown wrote:

> I inherited a waffle iron that is circa 1950's.Â* I don't make waffles.
> It baffles me.Â* But hey, I don't make fried chicken.Â* That, I have done
> and won't do again.Â* The idea of fried chicken and waffles is something
> I've heard of in the last decade or so.Â* Doesn't interest me.Â* Same with
> glazed doughnuts as part of a fried chicken sandwich.Â* Nope, no thanks.

My mother had a waffle iron and made them occasionally. We have a waffle
iron and make them once every month or two. Fried chicken and waffles
is something I only heard about a few years ago and it sounded disgusting.

A few years ago my son took a scenic tour from here to Montreal by way
of New York state and planned to spend a night in Saratoga Springs where
he wanted to go to a place that was famous for fried chickens and
waffles. I made the mistake of questioning that, and when he got back he
said that it had been a major disappointment.

> Leo, I gather you're not going to KFC nor will you try this at home.
> <applause>

The thought of eating KFC is enough to make my stomach do a bit of a flip.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> iron and make them once every month or two. Fried chicken and waffles
> is something I only heard about a few years ago and it sounded disgusting.
>
> A few years ago my son took a scenic tour from here to Montreal by way
> of New York state and planned to spend a night in Saratoga Springs where
> he wanted to go to a place that was famous for fried chickens and
> waffles. I made the mistake of questioning that, and when he got back he
> said that it had been a major disappointment.

i would try some good waffles with a chicken fried
steak and some sausage gravy over the whole thing.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 6:18:49 PM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> Fried chicken and waffles
> is something I only heard about a few years ago and it sounded disgusting.

First and only time I had them was close to 20 years ago.

> A few years ago my son took a scenic tour from here to Montreal by way
> of New York state and planned to spend a night in Saratoga Springs where
> he wanted to go to a place that was famous for fried chickens and
> waffles. I made the mistake of questioning that, and when he got back he
> said that it had been a major disappointment.

It was a disappointment for me as well and this was in someone's home,
not a restaurant. I've never been tempted to try this combination again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 7:14:57 PM UTC-6, songbird wrote:

> i would try some good waffles with a chicken fried
> steak and some sausage gravy over the whole thing.
>

> songbird

I think I just threw up in mouth a little bit.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 11:34:11 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 21:18:22 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >I'm not a drinker by anyone's imagination.

> Milk!

Yes, yummy milk but no alcoholic beverages.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 6:36:42 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/18/2019 2:05 AM, Leo wrote:
> > On 2019 Dec 16, , jmcquown wrote
> > (in article >):

> >> IMHO, anything with glazed doughnuts is a fail. Then again, I'm not a
> >> fan of doughnuts in any form. I certainly wouldn't eat chicken on one.

> > Chicken and waffles is a thing, so I suppose that chicken and doughnuts is
> > a followup. I ate chicken and waffles at KFC, but the waffles were
> > uninspired. Maybe, someday, Ill get a real good chicken and waffles
> > meal.
> > I dont want to do it on my own. I dont own a waffle iron, and the
> > chicken is supposed to be deep fried. I havent deep fried chicken in
> > forty years, if ever. Thats what chicken joints line KFC are for.
> >
> > leo
> >

> I inherited a waffle iron that is circa 1950's. I don't make waffles.
> It baffles me.

What baffles you? That you don't make waffles?

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 7:18:49 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-12-18 6:36 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>
> > I inherited a waffle iron that is circa 1950's.Â* I don't make waffles.
> > It baffles me.Â* But hey, I don't make fried chicken.Â* That, I have done
> > and won't do again.Â* The idea of fried chicken and waffles is something
> > I've heard of in the last decade or so.Â* Doesn't interest me.Â* Same with
> > glazed doughnuts as part of a fried chicken sandwich.Â* Nope, no thanks.

> My mother had a waffle iron and made them occasionally. We have a waffle
> iron and make them once every month or two. Fried chicken and waffles
> is something I only heard about a few years ago and it sounded disgusting..

If the waffles aren't sweetened and maple syrup is not involved, I don't
see why chicken and waffles would be much different from fried chicken and
any other carb.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> If the waffles aren't sweetened and maple syrup is not involved, I don't
> see why chicken and waffles would be much different from fried chicken and
> any other carb.

yes. like we used to make English muffins with
mushrooms and onions fried in butter as a breakfast
thing. was good.

i can eat a lot of things plain or with a little
butter and that's ok with me. fuel for the fire.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

songbird wrote:
> yes. like we used to make English muffins with
> mushrooms and onions fried in butter as a breakfast
> thing. was good.

I still have a small container of frozen mushrooms and onions
fried in butter in my freezer. Nice topping for a baked potato.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/2019 6:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 7:18:49 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2019-12-18 6:36 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> I inherited a waffle iron that is circa 1950's.Â* I don't make waffles.
>>> It baffles me.Â* But hey, I don't make fried chicken.Â* That, I have done
>>> and won't do again.Â* The idea of fried chicken and waffles is something
>>> I've heard of in the last decade or so.Â* Doesn't interest me.Â* Same with
>>> glazed doughnuts as part of a fried chicken sandwich.Â* Nope, no thanks.

>> My mother had a waffle iron and made them occasionally. We have a waffle
>> iron and make them once every month or two. Fried chicken and waffles
>> is something I only heard about a few years ago and it sounded disgusting.

> If the waffles aren't sweetened and maple syrup is not involved, I don't
> see why chicken and waffles would be much different from fried chicken and
> any other carb.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I can only go by the ads I've seen and there was definitely syrup on
those waffles.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/19/2019 6:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 18, 2019 at 6:36:42 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 12/18/2019 2:05 AM, Leo wrote:
>>> On 2019 Dec 16, , jmcquown wrote
>>> (in article >):

>>> Chicken and waffles is a thing, so I suppose that chicken and doughnuts is
>>> a followup. I ate chicken and waffles at KFC, but the waffles were
>>> uninspired. Maybe, someday, Ill get a real good chicken and waffles
>>> meal.
>>> I dont want to do it on my own. I dont own a waffle iron, and the
>>> chicken is supposed to be deep fried. I havent deep fried chicken in
>>> forty years, if ever. Thats what chicken joints line KFC are for.
>>>
>>> leo
>>>

>> I inherited a waffle iron that is circa 1950's. I don't make waffles.
>> It baffles me.

> What baffles you? That you don't make waffles?
>
> Cindy Hamilton

The ancient waffle iron. I can't tell when the waffles are done.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 10:30:36 AM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/19/2019 6:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> I inherited a waffle iron that is circa 1950's. I don't make waffles.
> >> It baffles me.

> > What baffles you? That you don't make waffles?
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> The ancient waffle iron. I can't tell when the waffles are done.
>
> Jill

Ah. Our more modern iron has a light that indicates when the elements
inside are heating. Other than that, we just have to check for steam
coming out the sides (not done yet) and use our judgment.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-18 4:36 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/18/2019 2:05 AM, Leo wrote:
>> On 2019 Dec 16, , jmcquown wrote
>> (in article >):

>>> IMHO, anything with glazed doughnuts is a fail. Then again, I'm not a
>>> fan of doughnuts in any form. I certainly wouldn't eat chicken on one.

>> Chicken and waffles is a thing, so I suppose that chicken and
>> doughnuts is
>> a followup. I ate chicken and waffles at KFC, but the waffles were
>> uninspired. Maybe, someday, Ill get a real good chicken and waffles
>> meal.
>> I dont want to do it on my own. I dont own a waffle iron, and the
>> chicken is supposed to be deep fried. I havent deep fried chicken in
>> forty years, if ever. Thats what chicken joints line KFC are for.
>>
>> leo
>>

> I inherited a waffle iron that is circa 1950's.Â* I don't make waffles.
> It baffles me.Â* But hey, I don't make fried chicken.Â* That, I have done
> and won't do again.Â* The idea of fried chicken and waffles is something
> I've heard of in the last decade or so.Â* Doesn't interest me.Â* Same with
> glazed doughnuts as part of a fried chicken sandwich.Â* Nope, no thanks.
>
> Leo, I gather you're not going to KFC nor will you try this at home.
> <applause>
>
> Jill

While channel-hopping, I caught the beginning of one of those awful
"restaurant visit" programs on some foody channel last night. It
specialized in chicken and waffles and after a few seconds mentioned one
favourite - Red velvet waffles. The whole concept was pukeworthy and I
switched channels quickly.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> On 12/19/2019 6:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> >> My mother had a waffle iron and made them occasionally. We have a waffle
> >> iron and make them once every month or two. Fried chicken and waffles
> >> is something I only heard about a few years ago and it sounded disgusting.

> > If the waffles aren't sweetened and maple syrup is not involved, I don't
> > see why chicken and waffles would be much different from fried chicken and
> > any other carb.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton
> >

> I can only go by the ads I've seen and there was definitely syrup on
> those waffles.

I will say that the combo of sweet and savory is a nice combo.
I used to love those cinnamon buns with white icing eaten right
along with a pile of salty Lay's chips.

The chicken and waffles though. I'd prefer to eat that as
two separate meals.
Same as steak and eggs.
Same as "surf and turf."
And especially the darn good dinner with wine.

IMO, combining two good things is NOT always the best
thing to do. Not preaching, just my personal way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> I can only go by the ads I've seen and there was definitely syrup on
> those waffles.

Here's another personal oddity for me. I have real maple syrup
(good for some uses) but I also have the "Log Cabin" fake syrup.
For most uses, I often prefer the log cabin stuff so my real
stuff lasts a very long time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:
> >> I inherited a waffle iron that is circa 1950's. I don't make waffles.
> >> It baffles me.

> > What baffles you? That you don't make waffles?

> The ancient waffle iron. I can't tell when the waffles are done.

Worthless kitchen gadget to me.
I'll rarely buy a pack of frozen waffles - good enough.
Just as rarely, I'll make pancakes but I do make them
from scratch (old Betty Crocker recipe)

With either, I'll usually ignore my pure maple syrup
and use the Log Cabin stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-19 10:29 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/19/2019 6:09 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>>> My mother had a waffle iron and made them occasionally. We have a waffle
>>> iron and make them once every month or two.Â*Â* Fried chicken and waffles
>>> is something I only heard about a few years ago and it sounded
>>> disgusting.

>> If the waffles aren't sweetened and maple syrup is not involved, I don't
>> see why chicken and waffles would be much different from fried chicken
>> and
>> any other carb.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> I can only go by the ads I've seen and there was definitely syrup on
> those waffles.
> Even a savory waffle puzzles me as a base for something that is already

breaded.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-19 10:30 a.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 12/19/2019 6:07 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

ffles me.

>> What baffles you?Â* That you don't make waffles?
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> The ancient waffle iron.Â* I can't tell when the waffles are done.

They stop steaming.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-19 10:57 a.m., graham wrote:

> While channel-hopping, I caught the beginning of one of those awful
> "restaurant visit" programs on some foody channel last night. It
> specialized in chicken and waffles and after a few seconds mentioned one
> favourite - Red velvet waffles. The whole concept was pukeworthy and I
> switched channels quickly.

I just don't get this red velvet craze.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 11:24:27 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-12-19 10:29 a.m., jmcquown wrote:

> >> If the waffles aren't sweetened and maple syrup is not involved, I don't
> >> see why chicken and waffles would be much different from fried chicken
> >> and
> >> any other carb.
> >>
> >> Cindy Hamilton
> >>

> > I can only go by the ads I've seen and there was definitely syrup on
> > those waffles.
> > Even a savory waffle puzzles me as a base for something that is already

> breaded.

I'm not arguing that point. I got carry-out fried chicken yesterday
and some of the dinner combos had fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and
a dinner roll. Sheesh.

I suppose it's no different from fish and chips, though.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 11:26:28 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-12-19 10:57 a.m., graham wrote:
>
> > While channel-hopping, I caught the beginning of one of those awful
> > "restaurant visit" programs on some foody channel last night. It
> > specialized in chicken and waffles and after a few seconds mentioned one
> > favourite - Red velvet waffles. The whole concept was pukeworthy and I
> > switched channels quickly.

> I just don't get this red velvet craze.

They're "pretty". The fact that they're generally weakly chocolate
flavored seems to be beside the point.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-19 11:14 a.m., Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> I can only go by the ads I've seen and there was definitely syrup on
>> those waffles.

> Here's another personal oddity for me. I have real maple syrup
> (good for some uses) but I also have the "Log Cabin" fake syrup.
> For most uses, I often prefer the log cabin stuff so my real
> stuff lasts a very long time.

I was raised with Old Time phone maple and my wife was raised with the
real stuff. My grandparents also used only real maple syrup. My wife
would insist on the real maple and I have to say that after a while I
came to appreciate and don't think I could go back to even a good
artificial maple syrup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 9:57:15 AM UTC-6, graham wrote:

> While channel-hopping, I caught the beginning of one of those awful
> "restaurant visit" programs on some foody channel last night. It
> specialized in chicken and waffles and after a few seconds mentioned one
> favourite - Red velvet waffles. The whole concept was pukeworthy and I
> switched channels quickly.

UGH! That does sound pukeworthy. The one and only time I had this dish
of chicken and waffles powdered sugar was involved. UGH again.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 19 Dec 2019 11:29:51 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, December 19, 2019 at 9:57:15 AM UTC-6, graham wrote:
>>
>> While channel-hopping, I caught the beginning of one of those awful
>> "restaurant visit" programs on some foody channel last night. It
>> specialized in chicken and waffles and after a few seconds mentioned one
>> favourite - Red velvet waffles. The whole concept was pukeworthy and I
>> switched channels quickly.
>>

>UGH! That does sound pukeworthy. The one and only time I had this dish
>of chicken and waffles powdered sugar was involved. UGH again.

You have a hard life.

Not a fail after all Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 1 24-02-2013 05:27 PM
No Fail Cobbler Denise C. Janzen Recipes (moderated) 0 06-03-2010 10:35 PM
Ciabatta Fail Giusi General Cooking 5 12-11-2009 04:33 PM
Ciabatta Fail ViLco General Cooking 0 11-11-2009 12:11 PM
Ciabatta Fail Giusi General Cooking 1 11-11-2009 09:47 AM