Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default KFC fail?

On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 14:31:46 -0800 (PST), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 12:07:58 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sun, 22 Dec 2019 14:05:40 -0800 (PST), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >Is that your main M.O. - making people feel guilty/bad about themselves? That's pretty lame. That don't work on me. I remain unabashedly unapologetic about who I am. Better luck next time, eh?

>> You shouldn't feel bad about yourself just because you add sugar to
>> everything. It's peculiar, but not bad.

>It's not peculiar - unless you consider successful evolutionary survival traits to be peculiar. They are not. That's strike two.

Adding sugar to everything is a successful evolutionary trait? It
doesn't seem to do much good for the brain though!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019 Dec 22, , Cindy Hamilton wrote
(in >):

> On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 12:52:36 PM UTC-5, Gary wrote:
> > " wrote:
> >
> > That combo is a great idea, Joan. Always annoying to butter
> > waffles without using too much.

> It's more annoying to use too much syrup.
>
> I'm not sure I could manage to put too much butter on my waffles.

I wouldnt mind my waffles floating in a bowl of butter-syrup. Id dip
my breakfast ham in there too. I havent done it, because I cant
afford it. Id eat my eggs on the side.

leo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 12:34:58 PM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Sunday, December 22, 2019 at 11:52:36 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
> >
> > " wrote:
> > >
> > > When I want waffles I'll take a couple out of the freezer put them in the
> > > toaster oven. While they're toasting I put a gob of butter in a one cup
> > > measuring cup and pour about 2 ounces of maple syrup over the butter.
> > > That goes in the microwave until it is melted and syrup warmed.

> > Always annoying to butter
> > waffles without using too much.
> >

> And trying to make sure each little square gets some of that butter nestled
> inside.
>
> )

My guess is that people will eat their waffles in a very specific, consistent, way and that how one does it says a lot about how they see the world. Waffology. I like to follow the lines that split waffles into quarters but avoid following the small lines and tend to cut through them in a diagonal fashion. What does that mean? Beats me.

Not a fail after all Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 1 24-02-2013 05:27 PM
No Fail Cobbler Denise C. Janzen Recipes (moderated) 0 06-03-2010 10:35 PM
Ciabatta Fail Giusi General Cooking 5 12-11-2009 04:33 PM
Ciabatta Fail ViLco General Cooking 0 11-11-2009 12:11 PM
Ciabatta Fail Giusi General Cooking 1 11-11-2009 09:47 AM