Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner Tonight (Has nothing to do with turkey)

Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
course. Drained and placed in a deep casserole dish. Make 2 cups of
white sauce and add some cheese. I had a bit of softened brie so I
added that to the mix along with grated parmesan. Stir the cream sauce
with cheese into the pasta.

Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp. Stir until blended.
Top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with a little Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
seasoning.

It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
standard casseroles.

This is a quick and easy pasta dish and very tasty.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 7:43:40 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:

> Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
> course. Drained and placed in a deep casserole dish. Make 2 cups of
> white sauce and add some cheese. I had a bit of softened brie so I
> added that to the mix along with grated parmesan. Stir the cream sauce
> with cheese into the pasta.
>
> Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp. Stir until blended.
> Top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with a little Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
> seasoning.
>
> It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
> bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
> standard casseroles.
>
> This is a quick and easy pasta dish and very tasty.
>
> Jill

My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass of
m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)

The anti-milk bunch can just moooove along.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 7:43:40 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
>> course. Drained and placed in a deep casserole dish. Make 2 cups of
>> white sauce and add some cheese. I had a bit of softened brie so I
>> added that to the mix along with grated parmesan. Stir the cream sauce
>> with cheese into the pasta.
>>
>> Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp. Stir until blended.
>> Top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with a little Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
>> seasoning.
>>
>> It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
>> bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
>> standard casseroles.
>>
>> This is a quick and easy pasta dish and very tasty.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass of
>m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)
>
>The anti-milk bunch can just moooove along.

Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 7:43:40 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
>>> course. Drained and placed in a deep casserole dish. Make 2 cups of
>>> white sauce and add some cheese. I had a bit of softened brie so I
>>> added that to the mix along with grated parmesan. Stir the cream sauce
>>> with cheese into the pasta.
>>>
>>> Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp. Stir until blended.
>>> Top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with a little Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
>>> seasoning.
>>>
>>> It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
>>> bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
>>> standard casseroles.
>>>
>>> This is a quick and easy pasta dish and very tasty.
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>>My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass
>>of
>>m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)
>>
>>The anti-milk bunch can just moooove along.

> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

I've never heard of it before either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:23:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:

>>>My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass
>>>of
>>>m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)
>>>
>>>The anti-milk bunch can just moooove along.

>> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

>I've never heard of it before either.

Maybe it's regional.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 2:23:50 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> > On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "
> > > wrote:

> >>My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass
> >>of
> >>m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)
> >>
> >>The anti-milk bunch can just moooove along.

> > Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
> > RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

> I've never heard of it before either.

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/welchs-.../6000142774167
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:49:17 -0800 (PST), A Moose in Love
> wrote:

>On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 2:23:50 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> > On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "

>> > Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>> > RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

>> I've never heard of it before either.

>https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/welchs-.../6000142774167

"Concord Grapes, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Fruit Pectin,
Citric Acid."

Only the corn crap's bad. I guess that's in just about everything in
NA. Sometimes also here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 2:23:50 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> > On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "

>> > Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>> > RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

>> I've never heard of it before either.

> https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/welchs-.../6000142774167

Okay then. Never looked for it as I pretty much only like strawberry,
raspberry and blackberry/marionberry type jam.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 5:46:04 AM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
> "A Moose in Love" > wrote in message

> >> I've never heard of it before either.

> > https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/welchs-.../6000142774167

> Okay then. Never looked for it as I pretty much only like strawberry,
> raspberry and blackberry/marionberry type jam.

I've never had the grape jam before, only the grape jelly. I liked it, but I rarely buy sweet stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 12:04:35 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 7:43:40 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> >>
> >> Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
> >> course. Drained and placed in a deep casserole dish. Make 2 cups of
> >> white sauce and add some cheese. I had a bit of softened brie so I
> >> added that to the mix along with grated parmesan. Stir the cream sauce
> >> with cheese into the pasta.
> >>
> >> Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp. Stir until blended.
> >> Top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with a little Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
> >> seasoning.
> >>
> >> It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
> >> bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
> >> standard casseroles.
> >>
> >> This is a quick and easy pasta dish and very tasty.
> >>
> >> Jill
> >>

> >My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass of
> >m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)
> >
> >The anti-milk bunch can just moooove along.

> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

Sugar is the mold inhibitor, doofus.

When I was a kid I used grape jelly (not jam) for PB&J sandwiches.
Nowadays it's strawberry preserves on the rare occasions I have
a PB&J.

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 3:39:52 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:49:17 -0800 (PST), A Moose in Love
> > wrote:

> >> I've never heard of it before either.

> >https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/welchs-.../6000142774167

> "Concord Grapes, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Fruit Pectin,
> Citric Acid."
>
> Only the corn crap's bad. I guess that's in just about everything in
> NA. Sometimes also here.

Thanks to government corn subsidies and sugar price protection.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:49:17 -0800 (PST), A Moose in Love
> > wrote:

>>> I've never heard of it before either.

>>https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/welchs-.../6000142774167

> "Concord Grapes, Corn Syrup, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Fruit Pectin,
> Citric Acid."
>
> Only the corn crap's bad. I guess that's in just about everything in
> NA. Sometimes also here.

Yes. It's rampant. Only a few jams and jellies have real sugar these days.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-05 6:26 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 12:04:35 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

> Sugar is the mold inhibitor, doofus.
>
> When I was a kid I used grape jelly (not jam) for PB&J sandwiches.
> Nowadays it's strawberry preserves on the rare occasions I have
> a PB&J.

I always thought that grape jam and jelly are basically the same. I
looked up a jam recipe and it talks about pureeing the skins. I don't
dislike grape jam/jelly, but it is very low on my list of favourites.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/5/2019 2:26 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:23:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "

>>> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>>> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

>> I've never heard of it before either.

> Maybe it's regional.

Pretty much every supermarket has it. Welches, Smuckers, Dickinson's
make it. Its been around since I was a kid. Not as popular as the jelly
though.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-12-05 12:26 a.m., Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:23:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "

>>> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>>> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

>> I've never heard of it before either.

> Maybe it's regional.

It's made from the Concord grape and I seriously doubt that any other
grape-growing country would want to cultivate it, apart from using it as
root stock to help ward off the phylloxera bug.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 9:31:21 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-12-05 6:26 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 12:04:35 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> >> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
> >> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

> > Sugar is the mold inhibitor, doofus.
> >
> > When I was a kid I used grape jelly (not jam) for PB&J sandwiches.
> > Nowadays it's strawberry preserves on the rare occasions I have
> > a PB&J.
> >

> I always thought that grape jam and jelly are basically the same. I
> looked up a jam recipe and it talks about pureeing the skins. I don't
> dislike grape jam/jelly, but it is very low on my list of favourites.

Jam has fruit solids in it. Jelly is made from fruit juice.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
> course...

And of course, your al dente pasta won't be by the time that
casserole cooks for another 40 minutes.

> Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp.

Both already cooked then cooked even more in your casserole.
You live in a fresh seafood mecca yet you use canned crab
and shrimp? Inconceivable! I've always used fresh
or frozen, never the overcooked canned.

BTW, if all you've ever had is canned shrimp, no wonder
you don't like shrimp.

You've also often told us how you dislike shrimp.
Why did you add that?

> It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
> bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
> standard casseroles.

Sounds very good. Same as Hamburger Helper can be good.
I would like it but I'm surprised that you would.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/5/2019 11:25 AM, Gary wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
>> course...

> And of course, your al dente pasta won't be by the time that
> casserole cooks for another 40 minutes.
>
>> Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp.

> Both already cooked then cooked even more in your casserole.
> You live in a fresh seafood mecca yet you use canned crab
> and shrimp? Inconceivable! I've always used fresh
> or frozen, never the overcooked canned.

This is Alaskan crab, not blue crab which are common around here. BTW,
I have been "crabbing" many times in my life, starting around age 12
when we lived on Parris Island. And years later, after my parents built
this house, my dad had a crab trap and permission to use a private dock.
We used to net up fresh shrimp, too.

But really, it's a casserole. Why on earth would I go to all that
trouble to make a casserole?

I have canned crab on hand like some people have cans of tuna. Do you
expect people who use canned tuna or tuna in a pouch to go out and catch
their own?

> BTW, if all you've ever had is canned shrimp, no wonder
> you don't like shrimp.

When did I ever say that's the only shrimp I've ever had? All I ever
said was it's not my favourite seafood.

> You've also often told us how you dislike shrimp.
> Why did you add that?

Because I had some.

>> It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
>> bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
>> standard casseroles.

> Sounds very good. Same as Hamburger Helper can be good.
> I would like it but I'm surprised that you would.

You seem to keep trying to fit me into some sort of specific food
bracket. I've got no idea why. Just like I don't know why you think
microwaved potatoes are "baked". Heh.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

" wrote:

> My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass of
> m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)

I've eaten the peanut butter and grape jam thing often. Not so
much the milk these days but I do like that.

Yesterday, my lunch and repeat dinner was salad and sweet potato
with one slice of toasted 12-grain bread. Good stuff.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote:
> > Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
> > RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

> I've never heard of it before either.

WTH? Neither of you ever heard of grape jam? Get a life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 7:43:40 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
>> course. Drained and placed in a deep casserole dish. Make 2 cups of
>> white sauce and add some cheese. I had a bit of softened brie so I
>> added that to the mix along with grated parmesan. Stir the cream sauce
>> with cheese into the pasta.
>>
>> Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp. Stir until blended.
>> Top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with a little Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
>> seasoning.
>>
>> It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
>> bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
>> standard casseroles.
>>
>> This is a quick and easy pasta dish and very tasty.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass of
>m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)
>
>The anti-milk bunch can just moooove along.

My husband says that if you love grape jam you'll love huckleberry!
That's his fav.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:23:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .

snip

>> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

>I've never heard of it before either.

If we call it grape jelly would you have heard of it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/5/2019 11:55 AM, Gary wrote:
> " wrote:
>>
>> My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass of
>> m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)

> I've eaten the peanut butter and grape jam thing often. Not so
> much the milk these days but I do like that.
>
> Yesterday, my lunch and repeat dinner was salad and sweet potato
> with one slice of toasted 12-grain bread. Good stuff.

Today for lunch I used strawberry preserves on the PB. I went to the
store this morning and bought a few things but they had nothing I wanted
for lunch today.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 09:49:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 12/5/2019 2:26 AM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:23:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> I've never heard of it before either.

>> Maybe it's regional.
>>

>Pretty much every supermarket has it. Welches, Smuckers, Dickinson's
>make it. Its been around since I was a kid. Not as popular as the jelly
>though.

The difference between jam and jelly also strikes me as an American
thing. Not that there's anything wrong with American things, I hasten
to add.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 03:26:06 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 12:04:35 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass of
>> >m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)
>> >
>> >The anti-milk bunch can just moooove along.

>> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

>Sugar is the mold inhibitor, doofus.

I was joking, Sherlock.

>When I was a kid I used grape jelly (not jam) for PB&J sandwiches.
>Nowadays it's strawberry preserves on the rare occasions I have
>a PB&J.

I once watched a YouTube video about what Americans call jam and what
they call jelly (and maybe there was also preserve). Other than that,
it's the same thing to me. One's a bit more runny than the other, but
it's all jam.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 09:32:45 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-12-05 6:26 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 12:04:35 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>>> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>>> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

>> Sugar is the mold inhibitor, doofus.
>>
>> When I was a kid I used grape jelly (not jam) for PB&J sandwiches.
>> Nowadays it's strawberry preserves on the rare occasions I have
>> a PB&J.
>>

>I always thought that grape jam and jelly are basically the same.

Ha!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 1:55:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 09:49:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
> >On 12/5/2019 2:26 AM, Bruce wrote:
> >> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:23:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"

> >> Maybe it's regional.
> >>

> >Pretty much every supermarket has it. Welches, Smuckers, Dickinson's
> >make it. Its been around since I was a kid. Not as popular as the jelly
> >though.

> The difference between jam and jelly also strikes me as an American
> thing. Not that there's anything wrong with American things, I hasten
> to add.

If I had to guess, the USDA became involved in regulating what can be
called jam, jelly, or fruit preserves. Once Americans started seeing
those designations on labels at the grocery store, we starting using
greater precision in naming.

I guarantee that millions of American's don't know the difference.
They just by what they like.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 11:34:55 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 1:55:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> >Pretty much every supermarket has it. Welches, Smuckers, Dickinson's
>> >make it. Its been around since I was a kid. Not as popular as the jelly
>> >though.

>> The difference between jam and jelly also strikes me as an American
>> thing. Not that there's anything wrong with American things, I hasten
>> to add.

>If I had to guess, the USDA became involved in regulating what can be
>called jam, jelly, or fruit preserves. Once Americans started seeing
>those designations on labels at the grocery store, we starting using
>greater precision in naming.
>
>I guarantee that millions of American's don't know the difference.
>They just by what they like.

I guess it never hurts to be more precise.

This is the video, by the way:
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTENoYn48X0>

Someone here linked it once.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 12/5/2019 1:55 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 09:49:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> On 12/5/2019 2:26 AM, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:23:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Maybe it's regional.
>>>

>> Pretty much every supermarket has it. Welches, Smuckers, Dickinson's
>> make it. Its been around since I was a kid. Not as popular as the jelly
>> though.

> The difference between jam and jelly also strikes me as an American
> thing. Not that there's anything wrong with American things, I hasten
> to add.

But there is a definite difference in the composition though. At least
in US standards.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 7:43:40 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
>> course. Drained and placed in a deep casserole dish. Make 2 cups of
>> white sauce and add some cheese. I had a bit of softened brie so I
>> added that to the mix along with grated parmesan. Stir the cream sauce
>> with cheese into the pasta.
>>
>> Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp. Stir until blended.
>> Top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with a little Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
>> seasoning.
>>
>> It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
>> bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
>> standard casseroles.
>>
>> This is a quick and easy pasta dish and very tasty.
>>
>> Jill
>>

>My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass of
>m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)
>
>The anti-milk bunch can just moooove along.

I have a rich chocolate cake in the oven, in a loaf pan, contains
orange marmalade... smells luxurious.
Snowing again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 14:57:08 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 12/5/2019 1:55 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 09:49:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>>
>>> Pretty much every supermarket has it. Welches, Smuckers, Dickinson's
>>> make it. Its been around since I was a kid. Not as popular as the jelly
>>> though.

>> The difference between jam and jelly also strikes me as an American
>> thing. Not that there's anything wrong with American things, I hasten
>> to add.
>>

>But there is a definite difference in the composition though. At least
>in US standards.

Yes, there is. It's just a distinction that's hardly made in NL and UK
(if I remember correctly what Ophelia once said). No doubt
professionals would make the distinction, but not Joe Homeowner and
his wife.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 09:49:23 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>> On 12/5/2019 2:26 AM, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 23:23:37 -0800, "Julie Bove"

>>> Maybe it's regional.
>>>

>> Pretty much every supermarket has it. Welches, Smuckers, Dickinson's
>> make it. Its been around since I was a kid. Not as popular as the jelly
>> though.

> The difference between jam and jelly also strikes me as an American
> thing. Not that there's anything wrong with American things, I hasten
> to add.

WTF? America is a terrible place! And atrocious people live there.
Meat eating, knuckle dragging, barefooted, uneducated neanderthals
who never learned how to make wooden shoes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 03:26:06 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 12:04:35 AM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>> On Wed, 4 Dec 2019 20:32:01 -0800 (PST), "

>>> Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>>> RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

>> Sugar is the mold inhibitor, doofus.

> I was joking, Sherlock.

Oh, OK. Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk. Yoose a funny man druce.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> I guarantee that millions of American's don't know the difference.
> They just by what they like.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Exactly. And not just americans, also chinese or russian or
ethiopians; probably even damn martians and dutch too.

But assholes arguing semantics always step in, don't they?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 11:32:05 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 7:43:40 PM UTC-6, jmcquown wrote:
> >
> > Crab and shrimp alfredo with penne pasta. Pasta cooked al dente, of
> > course. Drained and placed in a deep casserole dish. Make 2 cups of
> > white sauce and add some cheese. I had a bit of softened brie so I
> > added that to the mix along with grated parmesan. Stir the cream sauce
> > with cheese into the pasta.
> >
> > Add drained canned lump crab, canned baby shrimp. Stir until blended.
> > Top with breadcrumbs and sprinkle with a little Mrs. Dash garlic & herb
> > seasoning.
> >
> > It's in the oven now, 350F. Bake about 40 minutes until the mixture is
> > bubbly and the top is browned. That seems to be the directions on most
> > standard casseroles.
> >
> > This is a quick and easy pasta dish and very tasty.
> >
> > Jill
> >

> My dinner consisted of a peanut butter and grape jam sandwich with a glass of
> m i l k. (I had a large lunch so not much of a supper.)
>
> The anti-milk bunch can just moooove along.

We know, we know. That's the typical boooring weight-loss crowd talking. Always drink milk at night. Yogurt, yogurt, yogurt, Orange Juice every morning.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 14:57:08 -0500, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> The difference between jam and jelly also strikes me as an American
>>> thing. Not that there's anything wrong with American things, I hasten
>>> to add.
>>>

>> But there is a definite difference in the composition though. At least
>> in US standards.

> Yes, there is. It's just a distinction that's hardly made in NL and UK
> (if I remember correctly what Ophelia once said). No doubt
> professionals would make the distinction, but not Joe Homeowner and
> his wife.

Yep, yoose right druce. In the netherlands, they always freeze the
grapes and then stick them up their ass. Joe homeowner hasn't been
to holland and stuck his finger in anything, so he don't know yoose
customs.

Everything is just horrible in the US. I wish somebody would save us.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 1:23:50 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Bruce" > wrote in message
> >
> > Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
> > RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

> I've never heard of it before either.

Julie, we A L L know you are a retarded dumbass who made the mistake of
breeding. But I know you are not entirely brainless to make me believe
you've never in your stupid life heard of grape jam.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 4:49:41 AM UTC-6, A Moose in Love wrote:

> I've never had the grape jam before, only the grape jelly. I liked it, but I rarely buy sweet stuff.

It's a heck of a lot easier to spread on bread than jelly. Jelly is like
trying to spread Jell-O on bread.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 8:31:21 AM UTC-6, Dave Smith wrote:

> I always thought that grape jam and jelly are basically the same. I
> looked up a jam recipe and it talks about pureeing the skins. I don't
> dislike grape jam/jelly, but it is very low on my list of favourites.

Jelly is the juice of the fruit whereas jam is the juice and pulp. It's
thicker and much easier spread than jellies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 5 Dec 2019 13:53:11 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, December 5, 2019 at 1:23:50 AM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > Could grape jam be an American thing? I had never heard of it before
>> > RFC. I hope it contains mold inhibitor!

>> I've never heard of it before either.
>>

>Julie, we A L L know you are a retarded dumbass who made the mistake of
>breeding. But I know you are not entirely brainless to make me believe
>you've never in your stupid life heard of grape jam.

You're not a retard if you haven't heard of grape jam. You're an
uneducated retard with no basic manners if you post what you just
posted.