Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Factory pork production, it's not pretty

"dsi1" wrote in message

As far as pork going straight to your waistline and causing all manner of
deadly diseases - that's just silly. The Okinawans eat a lot of pigs and
their favorite dish is braised pork belly. They're also famous for their
longevity. Okinawan rafute is a dish that I've been trying to perfect. I'm
almost there.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...NYiXUWqIkMP2Hi

===

It looks good. Share a recipe, please?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 10:22:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> As far as pork going straight to your waistline and causing all manner of
> deadly diseases - that's just silly. The Okinawans eat a lot of pigs and
> their favorite dish is braised pork belly. They're also famous for their
> longevity. Okinawan rafute is a dish that I've been trying to perfect. I'm
> almost there.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...NYiXUWqIkMP2Hi
>
> ===
>
> It looks good. Share a recipe, please?

Boil a pork belly in some water for about 15 minutes. Drain the meat and clean in cold water. Clean the pot too. Add fresh water and simmer for about an hour. Take the pork out of the pot and let cool. Cut the pork into large pieces and cover with water in a pan. Add some ginger slices and about 1 cup of brown sugar and about 3/4 cup sake. I also add a packet of bonito fish stock powder. Add it if you got it. Simmer for about an hour. Add about 3/4 cup of light shoyu and simmer for around 45 minutes. When done, you should be able to poke a chopstick through the skin and the fat should melt in your mouth.

That's the traditional Okinawan style. They change the water during the braising to minimise the funky taste of the pork belly. You should probably just do it the way it's typically made in Hawaii. It's a lot less involved and it's pretty tasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eff6TnfZQk8
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 10:22:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> As far as pork going straight to your waistline and causing all manner of
> deadly diseases - that's just silly. The Okinawans eat a lot of pigs and
> their favorite dish is braised pork belly. They're also famous for their
> longevity. Okinawan rafute is a dish that I've been trying to perfect. I'm
> almost there.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...NYiXUWqIkMP2Hi
>
> ===
>
> It looks good. Share a recipe, please?

Boil a pork belly in some water for about 15 minutes. Drain the meat and
clean in cold water. Clean the pot too. Add fresh water and simmer for about
an hour. Take the pork out of the pot and let cool. Cut the pork into large
pieces and cover with water in a pan. Add some ginger slices and about 1 cup
of brown sugar and about 3/4 cup sake. I also add a packet of bonito fish
stock powder. Add it if you got it. Simmer for about an hour. Add about 3/4
cup of light shoyu and simmer for around 45 minutes. When done, you should
be able to poke a chopstick through the skin and the fat should melt in your
mouth.

That's the traditional Okinawan style. They change the water during the
braising to minimise the funky taste of the pork belly. You should probably
just do it the way it's typically made in Hawaii. It's a lot less involved
and it's pretty tasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eff6TnfZQk8

===

Thanks vary much)))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" wrote in message ...

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Sunday, November 17, 2019 at 10:22:51 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
> "dsi1" wrote in message
>

> As far as pork going straight to your waistline and causing all manner of
> deadly diseases - that's just silly. The Okinawans eat a lot of pigs and
> their favorite dish is braised pork belly. They're also famous for their
> longevity. Okinawan rafute is a dish that I've been trying to perfect. I'm
> almost there.
>
> https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...NYiXUWqIkMP2Hi
>
> ===
>
> It looks good. Share a recipe, please?

Boil a pork belly in some water for about 15 minutes. Drain the meat and
clean in cold water. Clean the pot too. Add fresh water and simmer for about
an hour. Take the pork out of the pot and let cool. Cut the pork into large
pieces and cover with water in a pan. Add some ginger slices and about 1 cup
of brown sugar and about 3/4 cup sake. I also add a packet of bonito fish
stock powder. Add it if you got it. Simmer for about an hour. Add about 3/4
cup of light shoyu and simmer for around 45 minutes. When done, you should
be able to poke a chopstick through the skin and the fat should melt in your
mouth.

That's the traditional Okinawan style. They change the water during the
braising to minimise the funky taste of the pork belly. You should probably
just do it the way it's typically made in Hawaii. It's a lot less involved
and it's pretty tasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eff6TnfZQk8

===

Thanks vary much)))