Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT I had to put a BUNCH of air in my 2006 Grand Caravan "Baby II"sfront tires!

She was MUSHY this AM!!

Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

John Kuthe wrote:

> She was MUSHY this AM!!
>
> Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!
>
> John Kuthe...

So-o-o-o-o...a "wealthy" guy is driving two junkers...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 11:25:14 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> She was MUSHY this AM!!
>
> Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!
>
> John Kuthe...

I had to floss my teeth after lunch.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

It happens that Cindy Hamilton formulated :
> I had to floss my teeth after lunch.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Just run 'em through a picket fence. :P
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 09:52:56 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 11:25:14 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>> She was MUSHY this AM!!
>>
>> Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!
>>
>> John Kuthe...

>I had to floss my teeth after lunch.

Did the milk get stuck?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 1:26:25 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 09:52:56 -0800 (PST), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 11:25:14 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> >> She was MUSHY this AM!!
> >>
> >> Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!
> >>
> >> John Kuthe...

> >I had to floss my teeth after lunch.

> Did the milk get stuck?

No, but the sauerkraut did.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote :
> On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 1:26:25 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>> Did the milk get stuck?

> No, but the sauerkraut did.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Don't blow off yer shows when the
gas kicks in.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 10:25:14 AM UTC-6, John Kuthe wrote:

> She was MUSHY this AM!!
>
> Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!
>
> John Kuthe...

I sewed the hem on a bath towel this morning that was coming loose in a few
places.

I also posted an eBay purchase I made late Tuesday night to my check register
today.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 11:53:01 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 11:25:14 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > She was MUSHY this AM!!
> >
> > Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> I had to floss my teeth after lunch.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I use a Floss Fork,Â* you? And then a Proxabrush, and then that rubber tipped gum pusher upper too! Oral hygiene is my strong suit!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 14:16:19 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 11:53:01 AM UTC-6, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 11:25:14 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
>> > She was MUSHY this AM!!
>> >
>> > Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!
>> >
>> > John Kuthe...

>> I had to floss my teeth after lunch.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>I use a Floss Fork,Â* you? And then a Proxabrush, and then that rubber tipped gum pusher upper too! Oral hygiene is my strong suit!

You have many strong suits, man.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 14:16:19 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> > wrote:

>>> I had to floss my teeth after lunch.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> I use a Floss Fork, you? And then a Proxabrush, and then that rubber tipped gum pusher upper too! Oral hygiene is my strong suit!

> You have many strong suits, man.

Good puppy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 6:00:24 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:

> Â* I flushed the cooling system in our SUV today with vinegar and put
> new antifreeze in . I also urinated 6 times and defecated twice .

Did you use a butt washer like Jebus uses??

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 08:25:09 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe
> wrote:

We woke up in our Bangkok hotel and had sex. Soon it's time for
coffee.

>She was MUSHY this AM!!

She?

>Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!

Should have had it painted red, then.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 16:32:16 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 6:00:24 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:
>>
>> * I flushed the cooling system in our SUV today with vinegar and put
>> new antifreeze in . I also urinated 6 times and defecated twice .
>>

>Did you use a butt washer like Jebus uses??

I hope he didn't use the vinegar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2019 7:16 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 18:00:08 -0600, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:

>>> I made a grocery shopping list that has 16 items on it
>>>

>> Â* I flushed the cooling system in our SUV today with vinegar

> Vinegar?
>
>> and put
>> new antifreeze in . I also urinated 6 times and defecated twice .

> I only urinated once, so far. No poo yet.

Â* Yes , vinegar . Apparently over it's 330+ thousand mile life someone
used tap water in the radiator or something , because it has mineral
deposits . These deposits are breaking loose and plugging up the heater
core , vinegar helps dissolve and soften them so I could flush it out .
CLR would work better but it's not recommended for aluminum or brass .
Worked well , the heater blows a LOT hotter now . This is the vehicle my
wife drives , I take very good care of it ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11/13/2019 7:17 PM, Je�us wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 16:32:16 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 6:00:24 PM UTC-6, Terry Coombs wrote:
>>> Â* I flushed the cooling system in our SUV today with vinegar and put
>>> new antifreeze in . I also urinated 6 times and defecated twice .
>>>

>> Did you use a butt washer like Jebus uses??

> I hope he didn't use the vinegar.

Â* Nope just toilet paper . Luckily we had a supply laid in before the
Big Snow Storm hit earlier this week .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 7:27:43 AM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> John Kuthe wrote:
>
> > She was MUSHY this AM!!
> >
> > Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> So-o-o-o-o...a "wealthy" guy is driving two junkers...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

My guess is that it happens more than you think. I used to work for an old Chinese couple who dressed like paupers and drove awful old Subarus. They owned a print shop, where I worked, and a famous, old, Chinese restaurant in Honolulu. They lived in a mansion in Kahala. One time, the old man showed me a check he had and a brochure for a Cadillac. He said he was going to buy himself a new one. "Finally!" I thought to myself.

Of course, he chickened out.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

dsi1 wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 7:27:43 AM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> > John Kuthe wrote:
> >
> > > She was MUSHY this AM!!
> > >
> > > Had to drive her as my 100% Electric Nissan Leaf is still IN THE SHOP! $3000 worth of vanity work, does NOT help the car perform any better!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe...

> > So-o-o-o-o...a "wealthy" guy is driving two junkers...
> >
> > --
> > Best
> > Greg

> My guess is that it happens more than you think. I used to work for an old Chinese couple who dressed like paupers and drove awful old Subarus. They owned a print shop, where I worked, and a famous, old, Chinese restaurant in Honolulu. They lived in a mansion in Kahala. One time, the old man showed me a check he had and a brochure for a Cadillac. He said he was going to buy himself a new one. "Finally!" I thought to myself.
>
> Of course, he chickened out.

That's the cheap Chinese guy that sold Kuthe his rat trap hovel, lol...!!!

I've known quite a few like that, peeps that were affluent but cheap to the point of distraction. I had some very elderly German relatives like that, they had very prosperous farms/businesses, but even though they could've afforded a decent mid - level car - Olds, Buick, Chrysler, Mercury, or easily a Caddy/Lincoln/Imperial - they bought awful stripper full - size cars - Ford Customs, Chevy Biscaynes, Plymouth Fury I's, or even RAMBLERS! - the only option being a heater, some not even a radio...these cars had three - on - the - tree and a six engine, rubber floormats. One guy had a wife with terrible hand arthritis, but do you think he could have bought that '66 Ford Custom sedan with power steering and automatic so she could not have such a painful driving experience...he was worth millions, their farm was the size of small town...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 19:52:46 -0600, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 11/13/2019 7:16 PM, Je?us wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 18:00:08 -0600, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:

>>> * I flushed the cooling system in our SUV today with vinegar

>> Vinegar?
>>
>>> and put
>>> new antifreeze in . I also urinated 6 times and defecated twice .

>> I only urinated once, so far. No poo yet.

> * Yes , vinegar . Apparently over it's 330+ thousand mile life someone
>used tap water in the radiator or something , because it has mineral
>deposits . These deposits are breaking loose and plugging up the heater
>core , vinegar helps dissolve and soften them so I could flush it out .
>CLR would work better but it's not recommended for aluminum or brass .
>Worked well , the heater blows a LOT hotter now . This is the vehicle my
>wife drives , I take very good care of it ...

I didn't know you could use vinegar, thanks for the idea. I'll be back
in Australia tomorrow. As always, not looking forward to the two
flights back again, I'll be awake for well over 24 hours by the time I
get home (ugh). But I also need to service our vehicles, two petrol
and one diesel... one also needs a flush of the cooling system. That
will be the first job to do.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 5:10:32 PM UTC-10, GM wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:

> > > So-o-o-o-o...a "wealthy" guy is driving two junkers...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Best
> > > Greg

> > My guess is that it happens more than you think. I used to work for an old Chinese couple who dressed like paupers and drove awful old Subarus. They owned a print shop, where I worked, and a famous, old, Chinese restaurant in Honolulu. They lived in a mansion in Kahala. One time, the old man showed me a check he had and a brochure for a Cadillac. He said he was going to buy himself a new one. "Finally!" I thought to myself.
> >
> > Of course, he chickened out.

> That's the cheap Chinese guy that sold Kuthe his rat trap hovel, lol...!!!
>
> I've known quite a few like that, peeps that were affluent but cheap to the point of distraction. I had some very elderly German relatives like that, they had very prosperous farms/businesses, but even though they could've afforded a decent mid - level car - Olds, Buick, Chrysler, Mercury, or easily a Caddy/Lincoln/Imperial - they bought awful stripper full - size cars - Ford Customs, Chevy Biscaynes, Plymouth Fury I's, or even RAMBLERS! - the only option being a heater, some not even a radio...these cars had three - on - the - tree and a six engine, rubber floormats. One guy had a wife with terrible hand arthritis, but do you think he could have bought that '66 Ford Custom sedan with power steering and automatic so she could not have such a painful driving experience...he was worth millions, their farm was the size of small town...
>
> --
> Best
> Greg

The Chinese guy that I rented office space was pretty awesome. My dad and mom knew him because Mr. Yim taught them ballroom dancing. They used to go golfing together. The guy owned half of this town.

There used to be a restaurant next to my office. On weekends the guy's clan would be in there sitting at a large table having breakfast. That was a sweet deal. I wish I could do that every weekend but I don't have any leverage with any restaurant. That guy had riches even beyond money. Now that him and his wife are gone, I suspect the family will splinter and move apart. That's what happens with the family glue is gone.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 10:01:23 PM UTC-6, Jeßus wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 19:14:47 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >I've ordered a LOT of things from China, India, New Zealand, and France. So,
> >it pays to be patient when ordering out of the USA.

> Same for Australia... add an extra 2 weeks if in Tasmania.
> But well worth it if you can plan ahead enough.

I get my Vytorin from New Zealand as it's about $200 cheaper than the
pharmacy. First time I had my prescription filled they did tell me it
would be close to 3 weeks, give or take a couple of days. Next time I
ordered placed my order it was just at two week when it arrived.
Established customer now and shorter turn around time? I dunno.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 20:38:03 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 10:01:23 PM UTC-6, Jeßus wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 19:14:47 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I've ordered a LOT of things from China, India, New Zealand, and France. So,
>> >it pays to be patient when ordering out of the USA.

>> Same for Australia... add an extra 2 weeks if in Tasmania.
>> But well worth it if you can plan ahead enough.
>>

>I get my Vytorin from New Zealand as it's about $200 cheaper than the
>pharmacy.

And you're a Trump supporter???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 20:38:03 -0800 (PST), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 10:01:23 PM UTC-6, Jeßus wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 19:14:47 -0800 (PST), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I've ordered a LOT of things from China, India, New Zealand, and France. So,
>> >it pays to be patient when ordering out of the USA.

>> Same for Australia... add an extra 2 weeks if in Tasmania.
>> But well worth it if you can plan ahead enough.
>>

>I get my Vytorin from New Zealand as it's about $200 cheaper than the
>pharmacy.

Ouch. Well, at least you have a way to get it much cheaper.

> First time I had my prescription filled they did tell me it
>would be close to 3 weeks, give or take a couple of days. Next time I
>ordered placed my order it was just at two week when it arrived.
>Established customer now and shorter turn around time? I dunno.

As long as you plan ahead enough, you should be OK?

In Australia, we have the PBS scheme, which keeps the prices down
(much to Big Pharma's dismay). I just looked up Vytorin:
https://www.pbs.gov.au/medicine/item/8881K
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 11:27:24 PM UTC-6, Bruce wrote:

> On Wed, 13 Nov 2019 20:38:03 -0800 (PST), "
> > wrote:
>
> >I get my Vytorin from New Zealand as it's about $200 cheaper than the
> >pharmacy.

> And you're a Trump supporter???

It was and is quite expensive l o n g before Trump entered the White House.