Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default SOUP'S ON!

We got tired of eating roast beef so I took the remaining 2/3 and
whipped up a 12qt pot of Beef Barley 'Shroom, so good!:
https://postimg.cc/gallery/p5t7mabi/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 10:29:05 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
> We got tired of eating roast beef so I took the remaining 2/3 and
> whipped up a 12qt pot of Beef Barley 'Shroom, so good!:
> https://postimg.cc/gallery/p5t7mabi/

Ugh!!! Looks like when my Indian housemates threw up last night having their little drinking party!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:29:05 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> We got tired of eating roast beef so I took the remaining 2/3 and
> whipped up a 12qt pot of Beef Barley 'Shroom, so good!:
> https://postimg.cc/gallery/p5t7mabi/

Looks delicious. Just the right ratio of meat to other stuff.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 09:12:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:29:05 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> We got tired of eating roast beef so I took the remaining 2/3 and
>> whipped up a 12qt pot of Beef Barley 'Shroom, so good!:
>> https://postimg.cc/gallery/p5t7mabi/

>Looks delicious. Just the right ratio of meat to other stuff.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Thank you! I froze 12 one qt containers... six containers were
transported to Lung Guyland today for the grands, they love my
cooking. I got the youngest, a 12 year old girl, into cooking, she
emails me constantly for advice, she'll no longer eat canned soups or
any fast food, she already uses the meat grinder I gave her, she now
thinks mystery meat is disgusting.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 10/12/2019 5:07 PM, wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 09:12:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:29:05 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>> We got tired of eating roast beef so I took the remaining 2/3 and
>>> whipped up a 12qt pot of Beef Barley 'Shroom, so good!:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/p5t7mabi/

>> Looks delicious. Just the right ratio of meat to other stuff.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Thank you! I froze 12 one qt containers... six containers were
> transported to Lung Guyland today for the grands, they love my
> cooking. I got the youngest, a 12 year old girl, into cooking, she
> emails me constantly for advice, she'll no longer eat canned soups or
> any fast food, she already uses the meat grinder I gave her, she now
> thinks mystery meat is disgusting.

Well hey, it's about time! It wasn't that long ago you were complaining
that the grandchildren wouldn't eat anything you cooked.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 17:07:17 -0400, wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 09:12:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:29:05 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>> We got tired of eating roast beef so I took the remaining 2/3 and
>>> whipped up a 12qt pot of Beef Barley 'Shroom, so good!:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/p5t7mabi/

>>Looks delicious. Just the right ratio of meat to other stuff.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>Thank you! I froze 12 one qt containers... six containers were
>transported to Lung Guyland today for the grands, they love my
>cooking. I got the youngest, a 12 year old girl, into cooking, she
>emails me constantly for advice, she'll no longer eat canned soups or
>any fast food, she already uses the meat grinder I gave her, she now
>thinks mystery meat is disgusting.

Does she eat seafood with cheese?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 09:12:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:29:05 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>> We got tired of eating roast beef so I took the remaining 2/3 and
>>> whipped up a 12qt pot of Beef Barley 'Shroom, so good!:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/p5t7mabi/

>> Looks delicious. Just the right ratio of meat to other stuff.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Thank you! I froze 12 one qt containers... six containers were
> transported to Lung Guyland today for the grands, they love my
> cooking. I got the youngest, a 12 year old girl, into cooking, she
> emails me constantly for advice, she'll no longer eat canned soups or

POPEYE. that girl will be sucking yoose big old sailor penis within
one year. I remember back when yoose ****ed yoose aunt.

ny fast food, she already uses the meat grinder I gave her, she now
> thinks mystery meat is disgusting.

Don't worry Popeye, dat girl will eat yoose big ole penis, and the
old mexicam woman won't care.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 09:12:14 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:29:05 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>>> We got tired of eating roast beef so I took the remaining 2/3 and
>>> whipped up a 12qt pot of Beef Barley 'Shroom, so good!:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/p5t7mabi/

>> Looks delicious. Just the right ratio of meat to other stuff.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> Thank you! I froze 12 one qt containers... six containers were
> transported to Lung Guyland today for the grands, they love my
> cooking. I got the youngest, a 12 year old girl, into cooking, she
> emails me constantly for advice, she'll no longer eat canned soups or
> any fast food, she already uses the meat grinder I gave her, she now
> thinks mystery meat is disgusting.

Popeye, how many times did yoose **** that young gal?
Yoose always said the best pussy was yoose older aunt. Yoose mammy
quit putting out for yoose sorry ass, so yoose had to find more
relatives to ****.

Yoose a fine man Popeye.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> Looks more like porridge. Way too much barley and not enough other
> stuff for me.

Seriously. I would call that simply barley soup. Hopefully he
seasoned the RO water first.

Looks more like a bowl of oatmeal using barley instead.

Looks good but I wouldn't call that vegetable beef barley soup.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:

> I did 1.5 gallons of chicken and dumplings (Amish style)
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/3RKh6Dny/Chicken-and-Dumplings.jpg

Now, THAT looks very tasty.

I ate a can of Progresso Lite Creamy Chicken Soup last
night. Very tasty but as alway, their overcooked chicken
breast meat is a fail. Next time, I'll remove that
chicken leather and just enjoy the rest.
I WILL buy this one again though. Very tasty.

Note: any of their soups that contain chicken pieces,
is the same deal. Very over cooked, tough, and
tasteless chicken breast nuggets.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, October 13, 2019 at 11:52:55 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > Looks more like porridge. Way too much barley and not enough other
> > stuff for me.

> Seriously. I would call that simply barley soup. Hopefully he
> seasoned the RO water first.
>
> Looks more like a bowl of oatmeal using barley instead.
>
> Looks good but I wouldn't call that vegetable beef barley soup.

Looks good, probably tastes good, but all of the beef barley soup I've had was much darker. And not quite as much barley.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 11:53:03 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Looks more like porridge. Way too much barley and not enough other
>> stuff for me.

>Seriously. I would call that simply barley soup. Hopefully he
>seasoned the RO water first.
>
>Looks more like a bowl of oatmeal using barley instead.
>
>Looks good but I wouldn't call that vegetable beef barley soup.

I didn't say it was *vegetable* beef barley... it's beef barley
'shroom. Mushrooms are NOT vegetables, they're fungi. I added one
diced sweet onion and some diced celery for flavor and some diced
carrot for color. I had two big bowls today for lunch, very flavorful
and filling.
When roasts are on sale I often buy large ones. they turn out better
as roasts amd what's left over becomes soups, stews, or something.
With this one I was thinking tomato vegetable beef because I have
tomatoes and veggies from the garden but last minute I decided on beef
barley 'shroom. There has to be about ten pounds of green beans in
the basement fridge but I didn't feel like trimming them, another time
for something else, or they can end up going to the golf course
restaurant. They pay us back, last week two guys cam over with a
large excavator and yanked out seven large tree stumps plus two large
boulders from our meadow that I never could have dug out. I'm very
happy that those boulders are gone. I didn't realize that they were so
huge, their large excavator could barely lift them. I had them well
marked but got tired of mowing around them... only about six inches
was sticking up and I tried to dig them up with a shovel and even with
the bucket on my tractor but no luck and now I know why, those
boulders are about six feet in diameter, they have to weigh over three
tons each, It's good to be friendly with one's neighors.