FoodBanter.com

-   -   WE are having a Harvest Moon BBQ! (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/448420-we-having-harvest-moon.html)

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-10-2019 04:23 PM

WE are having a Harvest Moon BBQ!

I have lots of chicken legs and thighs in the refrigerator in Ziplocs to BBQ, and others are bringing their stuffs too!

And we had Frost On The Pumpkin this AM in Da Lou!

Shared International Student Living Day too!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Sharer Of Student Living Fan!

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-10-2019 05:07 PM

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 10:23:15 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> I have lots of chicken legs and thighs in the refrigerator in Ziplocs to BBQ, and others are bringing their stuffs too!
>
> And we had Frost On The Pumpkin this AM in Da Lou!
>
> Shared International Student Living Day too!
>
> John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Sharer Of Student Living Fan!

My Indian housemates are waking UP! :-)

I'm about to HAVE LUNCH!! 11:05AM early; Panera Asiago Cheese Bagel, sliced, mayo, freshly ground black pepper, some red pepper flakes and romaine lettuce! YUM!!! BBQing fuel!!

John Kuthe...

John Kuthe...

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 12-10-2019 05:16 PM

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 12:07:57 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 10:23:15 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > I have lots of chicken legs and thighs in the refrigerator in Ziplocs to BBQ, and others are bringing their stuffs too!
> >
> > And we had Frost On The Pumpkin this AM in Da Lou!
> >
> > Shared International Student Living Day too!
> >
> > John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Sharer Of Student Living Fan!

> My Indian housemates are waking UP! :-)
>
> I'm about to HAVE LUNCH!! 11:05AM early; Panera Asiago Cheese Bagel, sliced, mayo, freshly ground black pepper, some red pepper flakes and romaine lettuce! YUM!!! BBQing fuel!!
>
> John Kuthe...
>
> John Kuthe...

I had leftover grilled, barbecue-sauce-brushed pork tenderloin, sliced,
on chewy white bread with mayo and a sprinkle of Penzey's berbere blend.
I'm out of barbecue sauce or that would have been on the sandwich instead
of berbere.

The turkey went into the oven at the dot of noon.

Cindy Hamilton

John Kuthe[_3_] 12-10-2019 10:42 PM

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 11:16:06 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 12:07:57 PM UTC-4, John Kuthe wrote:
> > On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 10:23:15 AM UTC-5, John Kuthe wrote:
> > > I have lots of chicken legs and thighs in the refrigerator in Ziplocs to BBQ, and others are bringing their stuffs too!
> > >
> > > And we had Frost On The Pumpkin this AM in Da Lou!
> > >
> > > Shared International Student Living Day too!
> > >
> > > John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Sharer Of Student Living Fan!

> > My Indian housemates are waking UP! :-)
> >
> > I'm about to HAVE LUNCH!! 11:05AM early; Panera Asiago Cheese Bagel, sliced, mayo, freshly ground black pepper, some red pepper flakes and romaine lettuce! YUM!!! BBQing fuel!!
> >
> > John Kuthe...
> >
> > John Kuthe...

> I had leftover grilled, barbecue-sauce-brushed pork tenderloin, sliced,
> on chewy white bread with mayo and a sprinkle of Penzey's berbere blend.
> I'm out of barbecue sauce or that would have been on the sandwich instead
> of berbere.
>
> The turkey went into the oven at the dot of noon.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Sounds delicious! I could not use a sugary sauce as one or more of the attendees is on a sugar free diet! I use a bottle of Cabernet for moisture between the two pans of dead chicken parts!

John Kuthe...

Thomas[_8_] 12-10-2019 11:01 PM

WE are having a Harvest Moon BBQ!

Cindy, do you not have ingredients to make bbq sauce? I will mail what you need if you need.

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 13-10-2019 11:19 AM

On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 6:01:57 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
> Cindy, do you not have ingredients to make bbq sauce? I will mail what you need if you need.

My recipe requires considerable simmering.

Cindy Hamilton

Bruce[_28_] 13-10-2019 11:21 AM

WE are having a Harvest Moon BBQ!

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 03:19:32 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Saturday, October 12, 2019 at 6:01:57 PM UTC-4, Thomas wrote:
>> Cindy, do you not have ingredients to make bbq sauce? I will mail what you need if you need.

>My recipe requires considerable simmering.

Can you still read it afterwards?