Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Downtown guy set up a smoker

It's Oktoberfest, and the Main street(King)is closed for a few blocks. They have food carts, trucks, stalls set up. One guy set up a smoker. I looked at his prices. One price stood out: a brisket sandwich for $16.00 CD. Now i only glanced over there and don't know if sides were included. However, the guy has to pay for his spot. His rig. And brisket is not always cheap here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:
> It's Oktoberfest, and the Main street(King)is closed for a few blocks. They have food carts, trucks, stalls set up. One guy set up a smoker. I looked at his prices. One price stood out: a brisket sandwich for $16.00 CD. Now i only glanced over there and don't know if sides were included. However, the guy has to pay for his spot. His rig. And brisket is not always cheap here.

Cruise down to new york. You will get the same chow for 15 USD cents
on any street corner or gin mill in brooklyn.

Just tell them Popeye Katz sent yoose!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 8:40:58 PM UTC-4, Hank Rogers wrote:
> A Moose in Love wrote:
> > It's Oktoberfest, and the Main street(King)is closed for a few blocks. They have food carts, trucks, stalls set up. One guy set up a smoker. I looked at his prices. One price stood out: a brisket sandwich for $16.00 CD. Now i only glanced over there and don't know if sides were included. However, the guy has to pay for his spot. His rig. And brisket is not always cheap here.
> >

> Cruise down to new york. You will get the same chow for 15 USD cents
> on any street corner or gin mill in brooklyn.
>
> Just tell them Popeye Katz sent yoose!

OK. I've been thinking of driving down to Times Square for a coffee. I wonder if the Howard Johnson's is still there. I need to eat some clams!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Friday, October 11, 2019 at 8:40:58 PM UTC-4, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> A Moose in Love wrote:
>>> It's Oktoberfest, and the Main street(King)is closed for a few blocks. They have food carts, trucks, stalls set up. One guy set up a smoker. I looked at his prices. One price stood out: a brisket sandwich for $16.00 CD. Now i only glanced over there and don't know if sides were included. However, the guy has to pay for his spot. His rig. And brisket is not always cheap here.
>>>

>> Cruise down to new york. You will get the same chow for 15 USD cents
>> on any street corner or gin mill in brooklyn.
>>
>> Just tell them Popeye Katz sent yoose!

> OK. I've been thinking of driving down to Times Square for a coffee. I wonder if the Howard Johnson's is still there. I need to eat some clams!

The best clams in brooklyn are probably at Woolworth's lunch
counter. If they are gone, try one of Popeye's gin mills. There is
10 every block there. Yoose can get a drink of any booze for 5
cents. And, if yoose wear yoose sailor suit, yoose money is no good.
All the shit is free for yoose!

we have too many restaurants; especially downtown A Moose in Love General Cooking 1 27-03-2019 03:54 AM
TN: 1996 Bordeaux downtown DaleW Wine 3 03-03-2011 02:04 AM
Saturday afternoon downtown Cindy Fuller General Cooking 4 07-04-2008 10:47 PM
Suburbs to a Downtown Condo Louis Cohen Barbecue 8 23-12-2007 04:21 PM
Tea Tasting Event in Downtown Portland Troy Howard Tea 5 29-12-2005 03:28 AM