FoodBanter.com

-   -   Wegmans (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/448391-wegmans.html)

Gary 09-10-2019 04:46 PM

Wegmans

One more thing from annoying me this morning.

Got an ad in the mail a few days ago for Wegmans. Not a sale ad
just telling us how their prices are always low.

So I looked and wasn't impressed. Most everything they showed
was about normal price compared to my 2 regular stores.

Funny though was one item. Showed a picture of green beans.
Description was : Seasoned Green Beans, $8.99lb.

I did a double take on that, but no...I did read it right.
LOL! That was pretty funny. :)

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 09-10-2019 05:38 PM

Wegmans

On Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 11:46:27 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> One more thing from annoying me this morning.
>
> Got an ad in the mail a few days ago for Wegmans. Not a sale ad
> just telling us how their prices are always low.
>
> So I looked and wasn't impressed. Most everything they showed
> was about normal price compared to my 2 regular stores.
>
> Funny though was one item. Showed a picture of green beans.
> Description was : Seasoned Green Beans, $8.99lb.
>
> I did a double take on that, but no...I did read it right.
> LOL! That was pretty funny. :)

Prepared foods are always expensive.

Cindy Hamilton

Ed Pawlowski[_5_] 09-10-2019 06:54 PM

Wegmans

On 10/9/2019 11:46 AM, Gary wrote:
> One more thing from annoying me this morning.
>
> Got an ad in the mail a few days ago for Wegmans. Not a sale ad
> just telling us how their prices are always low.
>
> So I looked and wasn't impressed. Most everything they showed
> was about normal price compared to my 2 regular stores.
>
> Funny though was one item. Showed a picture of green beans.
> Description was : Seasoned Green Beans, $8.99lb.
>
> I did a double take on that, but no...I did read it right.
> LOL! That was pretty funny. :)

I never found any bargains at Wegmans but still went there on occasion.
They had a lot of things the other stores did not have. I was able to
get some really great seafood, fresh, not frozen, cheeses. butcher shop
items.

Julie Bove[_2_] 09-10-2019 10:37 PM

Wegmans

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> One more thing from annoying me this morning.
>
> Got an ad in the mail a few days ago for Wegmans. Not a sale ad
> just telling us how their prices are always low.
>
> So I looked and wasn't impressed. Most everything they showed
> was about normal price compared to my 2 regular stores.
>
> Funny though was one item. Showed a picture of green beans.
> Description was : Seasoned Green Beans, $8.99lb.
>
> I did a double take on that, but no...I did read it right.
> LOL! That was pretty funny. :)

What exactly were they? Were they cooked? Seems expensive.

Gary 10-10-2019 11:55 AM

Wegmans

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gary" wrote:
> > Funny though was one item. Showed a picture of green beans.
> > Description was : Seasoned Green Beans, $8.99lb.
> >
> > I did a double take on that, but no...I did read it right.
> > LOL! That was pretty funny. :)

> What exactly were they?

Ad only said seasoned green beans.

> Were they cooked?

Didn't say but I suspect they were. Googled this morning and I
found a similar pic labeled seasoned and steamed.
That means they seasoned them and microwaved them to hot
with a cover. My stores do shrimp the same way.

> Seems expensive.

Certainly is. How hard is it to season some green beans then toss
in the microwave for a minute or two?

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 10-10-2019 01:35 PM

Wegmans

On Thursday, October 10, 2019 at 6:55:17 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> > "Gary" wrote:
> > > Funny though was one item. Showed a picture of green beans.
> > > Description was : Seasoned Green Beans, $8.99lb.
> > >
> > > I did a double take on that, but no...I did read it right.
> > > LOL! That was pretty funny. :)

> > What exactly were they?

> Ad only said seasoned green beans.
>
> > Were they cooked?

> Didn't say but I suspect they were. Googled this morning and I
> found a similar pic labeled seasoned and steamed.
> That means they seasoned them and microwaved them to hot
> with a cover. My stores do shrimp the same way.
>
> > Seems expensive.

> Certainly is. How hard is it to season some green beans then toss
> in the microwave for a minute or two?

Apparently, though, enough Wegman's customers consider it so difficult
that they're willing to pay $8.99/lb for green beans instead of $1/lb
for ordinary frozen green beans.

Or maybe they think the seasoning is something fancy.

Cindy Hamilton