Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default RB&R

Â* As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest , I'll let
you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the recipe I
posted the link to . Green peppers give me terminal heartburn so I left
them out (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of Cajun cooking) and I used
some home grown dried cayenne instead of powdered . I do wish that green
peppers didn't affect me that way , they add a very distinctive flavor .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 17:03:03 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

> Â* As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
>stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
>here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
>at 6:30 or so !

Sausage? I thought you said red beans and rice.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/14/2019 5:39 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 17:03:03 -0500, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>
>> Â* As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
>> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
>> here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
>> at 6:30 or so !

> Sausage? I thought you said red beans and rice.

Â* Dementia with memory loss . Sad , truly sad .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 18:23:22 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 9/14/2019 5:39 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 17:03:03 -0500, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Â* As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
>>> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
>>> here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
>>> at 6:30 or so !

>> Sausage? I thought you said red beans and rice.

> Â* Dementia with memory loss . Sad , truly sad .

Thanks for caring.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest , I'll let
you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the recipe I
posted the link to . Green peppers give me terminal heartburn so I left
them out (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of Cajun cooking) and I used
some home grown dried cayenne instead of powdered . I do wish that green
peppers didn't affect me that way , they add a very distinctive flavor .

Snag

====

Sounds lovely. You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2019 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Terry Coombs"Â* wrote in message ...
>
> Â* As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good
> in here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the
> sausage at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest
> , I'll let you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the
> recipe I posted the link to . Green peppers give me terminal heartburn
> so I left them out (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of Cajun cooking)
> and I used some home grown dried cayenne instead of powdered . I do
> wish that green peppers didn't affect me that way , they add a very
> distinctive flavor .
>
> Â*Snag
>
> ====
>
> Â*Â*Â* Sounds lovely.Â* You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

Â* Sounds better than it tasted . For one thing it needed salt . Even
then the taste wasn't anything to write home about . I guess I'm just
not Cajun enough to enjoy it ... I think tonight we'll have a beef roast
with carrots and taters cooked in either the slow cooker or the instant
pot .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

On 9/15/2019 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>
> As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
> here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
> at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest , I'll let
> you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the recipe I posted
> the link to . Green peppers give me terminal heartburn so I left them out
> (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of Cajun cooking) and I used some home
> grown dried cayenne instead of powdered . I do wish that green peppers
> didn't affect me that way , they add a very distinctive flavor .
>
> Snag
>
> ====
>
> Sounds lovely. You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

Sounds better than it tasted . For one thing it needed salt . Even
then the taste wasn't anything to write home about . I guess I'm just
not Cajun enough to enjoy it ... I think tonight we'll have a beef roast
with carrots and taters cooked in either the slow cooker or the instant
pot .

Snag

====

Ahh beef roast with carrots I could enjoy))

I don't have an instant pot! I have been looking at them though. How
much do you like it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>
> As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good
> in here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the
> sausage at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest
> , I'll let you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the
> recipe I posted the link to . Green peppers give me terminal
> heartburn so I left them out (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of
> Cajun cooking) and I used some home grown dried cayenne instead of
> powdered . I do wish that green peppers didn't affect me that way ,
> they add a very distinctive flavor .
>
> Snag
>
> ====
>
> Sounds lovely. You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

Terry, you might find dried bell peppers don't cause the same reaction?
Worth a trial at least.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2019 6:59 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Terry Coombs"Â* wrote in message ...
>
> On 9/15/2019 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Terry Coombs"Â* wrote in message ...
>>
>> Â* As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on
>> the stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty
>> good in here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add
>> the sausage at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the
>> rest , I'll let you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to
>> the recipe I posted the link to . Green peppers give me terminal
>> heartburn so I left them out (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of
>> Cajun cooking) and I used some home grown dried cayenne instead of
>> powdered . I do wish that green peppers didn't affect me that way ,
>> they add a very distinctive flavor .
>>
>> Â*Snag
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Â*Â*Â* Sounds lovely.Â* You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

> Â* Sounds better than it tasted . For one thing it needed salt . Even
> then the taste wasn't anything to write home about . I guess I'm just
> not Cajun enough to enjoy it ... I think tonight we'll have a beef roast
> with carrots and taters cooked in either the slow cooker or the instant
> pot .
>
> Â*Snag
>
> ====
>
> Â*Â* Ahh beef roast with carrots I could enjoy))
>
> Â*Â* I don't have an instant pot!Â* I have been looking at them though.Â*
> How much do you like it?

Â* It has some advantages ... I really don't use it as much as I thought
I would . It does eliminate searing a roast in a separate pan then
moving it to the slow cooker . Like many multi-function appliances there
are compromises . One is size , our slow cooker is bigger .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 6:23:11 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
> Â* Dementia with memory loss . Sad , truly sad .

The nice thing about memory loss is you get to meet new people every day! ;-)

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and RN Who Worked With Alzheimer's Memory Loss Patients

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

On 9/15/2019 6:59 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>
> On 9/15/2019 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>>
>> As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
>> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
>> here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
>> at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest , I'll let
>> you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the recipe I posted
>> the link to . Green peppers give me terminal heartburn so I left them out
>> (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of Cajun cooking) and I used some home
>> grown dried cayenne instead of powdered . I do wish that green peppers
>> didn't affect me that way , they add a very distinctive flavor .
>>
>> Snag
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Sounds lovely. You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

> Sounds better than it tasted . For one thing it needed salt . Even
> then the taste wasn't anything to write home about . I guess I'm just
> not Cajun enough to enjoy it ... I think tonight we'll have a beef roast
> with carrots and taters cooked in either the slow cooker or the instant
> pot .
>
> Snag
>
> ====
>
> Ahh beef roast with carrots I could enjoy))
>
> I don't have an instant pot! I have been looking at them though. How
> much do you like it?

It has some advantages ... I really don't use it as much as I thought
I would . It does eliminate searing a roast in a separate pan then
moving it to the slow cooker . Like many multi-function appliances there
are compromises . One is size , our slow cooker is bigger .

Snag

====

Interesting, thanks. I have no problem searing in a pan first. If you
didn't have it now, how much would you miss it?

So you use it for anything else? Sorry for asking for more info, but I
am starting to think I won't bother with one. Would you miss yours?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

John Kuthe wrote:

> On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 6:23:11 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:
> > Â Dementia with memory loss . Sad , truly sad .

> The nice thing about memory loss is you get to meet new people every day! ;-)

LOL good one, JK!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 07:41:26 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Ophelia wrote:
>
>> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>>
>> As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
>> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good
>> in here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the
>> sausage at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest
>> , I'll let you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the
>> recipe I posted the link to . Green peppers give me terminal
>> heartburn so I left them out (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of
>> Cajun cooking) and I used some home grown dried cayenne instead of
>> powdered . I do wish that green peppers didn't affect me that way ,
>> they add a very distinctive flavor .
>>
>> Snag
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Sounds lovely. You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

>Terry, you might find dried bell peppers don't cause the same reaction?
>Worth a trial at least.

Red bells don't cause the same reaction of green bells... I add diced
red bell to my slaw.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 12:59:14 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>
>On 9/15/2019 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>>
>> As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
>> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
>> here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
>> at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest , I'll let
>> you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the recipe I posted
>> the link to . Green peppers give me terminal heartburn so I left them out
>> (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of Cajun cooking) and I used some home
>> grown dried cayenne instead of powdered . I do wish that green peppers
>> didn't affect me that way , they add a very distinctive flavor .
>>
>> Snag
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Sounds lovely. You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

Um, most spices are not hot... consider all the spices used for baked
goods and confectionary. I don't like hot pepper either.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>
> As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
> here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
> at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest , I'll let
> you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the recipe I
> posted the link to . Green peppers give me terminal heartburn so I left
> them out (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of Cajun cooking) and I used
> some home grown dried cayenne instead of powdered . I do wish that green
> peppers didn't affect me that way , they add a very distinctive flavor .
>
> Snag
>
> ====
>
> Sounds lovely. You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

I think there's an app for that now, O.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in message ...

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 12:59:14 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>
>On 9/15/2019 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>>
>> As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
>> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
>> here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
>> at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest , I'll let
>> you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the recipe I posted
>> the link to . Green peppers give me terminal heartburn so I left them out
>> (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of Cajun cooking) and I used some home
>> grown dried cayenne instead of powdered . I do wish that green peppers
>> didn't affect me that way , they add a very distinctive flavor .
>>
>> Snag
>>
>> ====
>>
>> Sounds lovely. You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

Um, most spices are not hot... consider all the spices used for baked

goods and confectionary. I don't like hot pepper either.

===

I know all spices are not hot, but we don't even like the non hot ones
either <g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>
> As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
> here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
> at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest , I'll let
> you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the recipe I
> posted the link to . Green peppers give me terminal heartburn so I left
> them out (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of Cajun cooking) and I used
> some home grown dried cayenne instead of powdered . I do wish that green
> peppers didn't affect me that way , they add a very distinctive flavor .
>
> Snag
>
> ====
>
> Sounds lovely. You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

I think there's an app for that now, O.

==
LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 18:34:55 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 12:59:14 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>>
>>On 9/15/2019 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>>>
>>> As in red beans and rice . Got the beans and spices simmerin' on the
>>> stove as I type , my grandson says it's starting to smell pretty good in
>>> here ... it's really going to start smelling good when I add the sausage
>>> at 6:30 or so ! To Bwoosey I say : PPPHHHHTTTTT ! To the rest , I'll let
>>> you know how it turns out . I made 2 modifications to the recipe I posted
>>> the link to . Green peppers give me terminal heartburn so I left them out
>>> (yeah yeah I know , holy trinity of Cajun cooking) and I used some home
>>> grown dried cayenne instead of powdered . I do wish that green peppers
>>> didn't affect me that way , they add a very distinctive flavor .
>>>
>>> Snag
>>>
>>> ====
>>>
>>> Sounds lovely. You make me wish I liked spicy stuff, but ...

>Um, most spices are not hot... consider all the spices used for baked
>goods and confectionary. I don't like hot pepper either.
>
>===
>
>I know all spices are not hot, but we don't even like the non hot ones
>either <g>

It's truly not possible to avoid those unless all you consume is chalk
and water. Are you telling us that you don't eat cinnamon buns.
gingerbread, eggnog, any ethnic foods, not even tube steak or
sawseege... no mustard in your pantry? I suppose at your house Chinese
food is poached pork... yoose must be the life of the party... how do
yoose celebrate New Year's Eve, suck ice! LOL You claim to cook
therefore you must have a spice cabinet. I'll admit that I cook chili
without hot pepper but I have a collection of pepper sauce for guests
to choose from, some incendiary. I don't like hot pepper but I do
enjoy some foods with horseraddish and horseraddish can be more awe
inspiring than the hottest peppers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 2:47:03 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 18:34:55 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
> >I know all spices are not hot, but we don't even like the non hot ones
> >either <g>

> It's truly not possible to avoid those unless all you consume is chalk
> and water. Are you telling us that you don't eat cinnamon buns.
> gingerbread, eggnog, any ethnic foods, not even tube steak or
> sawseege... no mustard in your pantry? I suppose at your house Chinese
> food is poached pork... yoose must be the life of the party... how do
> yoose celebrate New Year's Eve, suck ice! LOL You claim to cook
> therefore you must have a spice cabinet. I'll admit that I cook chili
> without hot pepper but I have a collection of pepper sauce for guests
> to choose from, some incendiary. I don't like hot pepper but I do
> enjoy some foods with horseraddish and horseraddish can be more awe
> inspiring than the hottest peppers.

They eat bland nursing home food with the exception of spam and pineapple.

Evidently sage, rosemary, thyme, coriander, caraway seed, parsley, cumin,
etc. have never crossed her threshold.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 14:19:18 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
says...

>> Evidently sage, rosemary, thyme, coriander, caraway seed, parsley, cumin,
>> etc. have never crossed her threshold.

> Five of your list are herbs.Do Americans really make no distinction
>between herb and spice?

Do you mean herbs or erbs? lol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Casa de Masa wrote:
> Sheldon formulated on Monday :
>> Hmmm, I always figured you to have a rather large rack.
>>

> Anything like your Mexican skank wife?

https://imgur.com/a/BTxhlbh* Yikes!

Popeye said she wears a 36 C cup bra, so she ain't hardly got any
titties.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:45:03 PM UTC-5, graham wrote:

> On 2019-09-16 1:11 p.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >
> > leftenant or lieutenant
> >

> Kansas and Arkansas:-)

When my brother worked for AT&T he was talking with some clients overseas.
One of the questions they asked him was if Kansas is pronounced Can-zas is
Arkansas pronounced as r-CAN-zas? He explained to them it is pronounced as
R-cun-saw.