Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Breakfast today.

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 10:27:48 AM UTC-10, wrote:
> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 2:37:56 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
> >
> > The company I work for recently had a call from a guy that said he had an unauthorized charge on his card. Someone from Canada purchased a set of hearing aids and paid for it by giving a card number. The aids were sent to him. The guy calling had demanded that the funds be returned to his account. My boss took the call and then told his wife to refund the money immediately.
> >
> > His wife said "no." The guy calling had a different name than the guy that made the purchase and they had already received the product. She said the guy had to notify the bank and the bank would straighten the mess out. She suspected a scam and I'm inclined to agree with her. After all, she's smarter than anybody in the office. She's even smarter than me and my wife. I frequently pick her brain.
> >

> Yes, the first person he should have called was the bank and like the owners
> wife said, let the bank sort it out. Sounds like a scam to me as well.

It's kind of a clever scam. The mere mention of credit card fraud strikes fear into the minds of business guys. They tend to have an out of body experience which makes them susceptible to suggestion.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-16 1:01 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 2:54:15 PM UTC-4, wrote:

>>> Because credit card fees are a burden on the few contractors that
>>> I employ, and my township charges an extra fee for electronic
>>> payments. Screw that.
>>>

>> Same here.

>>> I'm glad it works for you. Everything is automatically billed to
>>> either my credit card or my checking account. I've been doing that
>>> for at least three decades.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> Same here, again. I'm sneaking up on paying 95% of all bills and purchases
>> by credit card or checking account.

> The only thing I have to do manually each month is push money from my
> checking account to my credit card to cover that month's balance. From
> the comfort of my home computer.
>
> I pay some stuff in cash (restaurant tabs, for example), so 95% might be
> about right.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I've converted from being a largely cash payer to credit card in the
last year. I have a cash-back card that returns 2% on groceries,
utilities, gas and prescriptions and 1% on everything else.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 11:47:58 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>There you go on a tangent. We don't get up when you do, we don't shop when
>you do, we don't go to the bank when you do so we're all lazy asses. But
>when you're called on your judgmental attitude then you come back with "I
>was only teasing" then you get defensive and start calling people biddies,
>stating they are 'old, alone, and bitter.' You're still the same asshole
>I called you months ago.

Yes, yes, yes. You nailed it. You've described Gary's behavior here
perfectly.

>> Yoose need a full service gardener, that's for sure.
>> Your mean talk makes me laugh, yet sad for your miserable life.
>> No one wants to be lonely you.
>>

>There you are with that same old lame ass winky smiley. You make me want
>to puke.

Yes. But you just know he's all butt-hurt when he says things like the
above.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, September 16, 2019 at 4:29:40 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

> It's kind of a clever scam. The mere mention of credit card fraud strikes fear into the minds of business guys. They tend to have an out of body experience which makes them susceptible to suggestion.

Apparently.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 08:38:38 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 09:35:32 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>>
>>On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>Looks good, but not for breakfast.

>>Screw the 'rules' Sometimes I have oatmeal for dinner.
>>
>>> Does it have coconut milk in it?

>>Yes. It wouldn't be a green curry without coconut milk.
>>
>>>Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

>>I can't get enough of the stuff. Most days I'll at least drink fresh
>>from a coconut, very refreshing.
>>
>>>My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
>>>A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

>>I couldn't do that. And when I say breakfast, I should really say
>>'brunch' I tend not to eat until late morning.
>>
>>====
>>
>> The only thing I use coconut milk in is Chicken Satay and it includes
>>peanut butter. D. loves it

>As do I, satay is delicious. I don't have it often enough IMO.
>
>====
>
> I wonder what you will be making over the next day or so <g>

Maybe? Would have to travel out of our way to buy peanut butter, but
can buy fresh unroasted peanuts at the local market. Hmm.
I know tonight we're all set for a 'BBQ buffet' like this:
https://tinyurl.com/yy2gvmja
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote in message ...

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 08:38:38 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>
>On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 09:35:32 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>>"Jeßus" wrote in message ...
>>
>>On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 03:57:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>>Looks good, but not for breakfast.

>>Screw the 'rules' Sometimes I have oatmeal for dinner.
>>
>>> Does it have coconut milk in it?

>>Yes. It wouldn't be a green curry without coconut milk.
>>
>>>Anything with coconut milk in it tastes like suntan lotion to me.

>>I can't get enough of the stuff. Most days I'll at least drink fresh
>>from a coconut, very refreshing.
>>
>>>My daily breakfast: oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar, and butter.
>>>A glass of milk. I don't crave variety a 5:30 am.

>>I couldn't do that. And when I say breakfast, I should really say
>>'brunch' I tend not to eat until late morning.
>>
>>====
>>
>> The only thing I use coconut milk in is Chicken Satay and it includes
>>peanut butter. D. loves it

>As do I, satay is delicious. I don't have it often enough IMO.
>
>====
>
> I wonder what you will be making over the next day or so <g>

Maybe? Would have to travel out of our way to buy peanut butter, but
can buy fresh unroasted peanuts at the local market. Hmm.
I know tonight we're all set for a 'BBQ buffet' like this:
https://tinyurl.com/yy2gvmja

===

Wow!!! Which one will you choose??