Old 14-09-2019, 12:30 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Red beans AND rice

I finally tried some red beans WITH rice. Meh.....

No biggie!
Although I found S. Carolina rice better than Gulf/Pacific(TM) (Texas)
rice.

nb

Old 14-09-2019, 01:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2019 6:30 PM, notbob wrote:
I finally tried some red beans WITH rice.┬* Meh.....

No biggie!
Although I found S. Carolina rice better than Gulf/Pacific(TM) (Texas)
rice.┬*

nb

┬* Odd that you should bring this up , we were just discussing
tomorrow's dinner ... and I decided on Red Beans and Rice ! Even got the
Andouille sausage for it . I ain't gonna tell ya how long ago I asked my
wife to pick up that sausage specifically for this dish . Mostly because
I can't remember ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 14-09-2019, 01:45 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:35:57 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 9/13/2019 6:30 PM, notbob wrote:
I finally tried some red beans WITH rice.┬* Meh.....

No biggie!
Although I found S. Carolina rice better than Gulf/Pacific(TM) (Texas)
rice.┬*

nb

┬* Odd that you should bring this up , we were just discussing
tomorrow's dinner ... and I decided on Red Beans and Rice ! Even got the
Andouille sausage for it .

That's not beans and rice. That's beans, rice and Andouille sausage.
Old 14-09-2019, 02:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 9/13/2019 6:30 PM, notbob wrote:
I finally tried some red beans WITH rice.┬* Meh.....

No biggie!
Although I found S. Carolina rice better than Gulf/Pacific(TM) (Texas)
rice.┬*

nb

┬* Odd that you should bring this up , we were just discussing
tomorrow's dinner ... and I decided on Red Beans and Rice ! Even got the
Andouille sausage for it .

That's not beans and rice. That's beans, rice and Andouille sausage.

┬* And you're wrong ! It's a Cajun recipe , something you would know
nothing about . Here's a link ...
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/58...eans-and-rice/
..

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old 14-09-2019, 03:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

┬* Odd that you should bring this up , we were just discussing
tomorrow's dinner ... and I decided on Red Beans and Rice ! Even got the
Andouille sausage for it .

That's not beans and rice. That's beans, rice and Andouille sausage.

┬* And you're wrong ! It's a Cajun recipe , something you would know
nothing about . Here's a link ...
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/58...eans-and-rice/

I had heard that red beans and rice was a favorite of Louisiana housewives
from many years ago and was cooked and eaten on Monday. Monday was wash day
and could take many hours to finish. The beans were started in the morning
and simmered most all day and did not take much attention but would be ready
to eat by the time the husband come home from work.

I had a _cup_ one time many, many years ago and it was absolutely lip smacking
delicious!! The next day I had gas so bad I could not stand myself.

Old 14-09-2019, 03:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

Yoose should have worked it off by ripping on da nordic! Eat beans,
get greased up and do that sexy ripping. Get naked except for a flap
style indian garment ... lets the gas pressure out, but prevents
spatter on da nordic.

Old 14-09-2019, 03:38 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:09:47 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I had a _cup_ one time many, many years ago and it was absolutely lip smacking
delicious!! The next day I had gas so bad I could not stand myself.

Conflatulations.
Old 14-09-2019, 04:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/13/2019 10:36 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
wrote:
On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 8:15:27 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

On 9/13/2019 7:45 PM, Bruce wrote:

On Fri, 13 Sep 2019 19:35:57 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

┬* ├é┬* Odd that you should bring this up , we were just discussing
tomorrow's dinner ... and I decided on Red Beans and Rice ! Even
got the
Andouille sausage for it .

That's not beans and rice. That's beans, rice and Andouille sausage.

┬* ├é┬* And you're wrong ! It's a Cajun recipe , something you would know
[...]

I don't know if the is the funniest post of the week or the most
horrifying description. What a visual. Now I have to bleach my brain.

Old 14-09-2019, 05:03 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 9/13/2019 6:30 PM, notbob wrote:
I finally tried some red beans WITH rice.┬* Meh.....

No biggie!
Although I found S. Carolina rice better than Gulf/Pacific(TM) (Texas)
rice.┬*

nb
┬* Odd that you should bring this up , we were just discussing
tomorrow's dinner ... and I decided on Red Beans and Rice ! Even got the
Andouille sausage for it .

That's not beans and rice. That's beans, rice and Andouille sausage.

┬* And you're wrong ! It's a Cajun recipe , something you would know
nothing about . Here's a link ...
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/58...eans-and-rice/
.

If you're going to put a dead animal in there, the least you can do is
reflect that in the name of the dish.

Old 14-09-2019, 05:49 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, September 13, 2019 at 10:39:41 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Yoose should have worked it off by ripping on da nordic! Eat beans, get
greased up and do that sexy ripping. Get naked except for a flap style
indian garment ... lets the gas pressure out, but prevents spatter on da
nordic.

I don't know if the is the funniest post of the week or the most
horrifying description. What a visual. Now I have to bleach my brain.

It was graphically funny, wasn't it? Whew!
Old 14-09-2019, 05:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/58...eans-and-rice/
.

If you're going to put a dead animal in there, the least you can do is
reflect that in the name of the dish.

No need; everybody on this side of the world knows it has sausage cooked
in the dish.
Old 14-09-2019, 06:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" wrote in message
I finally tried some red beans WITH rice. Meh.....

No biggie!
Although I found S. Carolina rice better than Gulf/Pacific(TM) (Texas)
rice.

nb

I like red beans. I like rice. I don't like them together with Cajun
seasonings though.

Old 14-09-2019, 06:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/58...eans-and-rice/
.

If you're going to put a dead animal in there, the least you can do is
reflect that in the name of the dish.

No need; everybody on this side of the world knows it has sausage cooked
in the dish.

As long as pigs know to start running when an American wants to eat
beans and rice.
Old 14-09-2019, 09:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On 9/13/2019 6:30 PM, notbob wrote:
I finally tried some red beans WITH rice. Meh.....

No biggie!
Although I found S. Carolina rice better than Gulf/Pacific(TM) (Texas)
rice.

nb

Odd that you should bring this up , we were just discussing
tomorrow's dinner ... and I decided on Red Beans and Rice ! Even got the
Andouille sausage for it .

That's not beans and rice. That's beans, rice and Andouille sausage.

And you're wrong ! It's a Cajun recipe , something you would know
nothing about . Here's a link ...
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/58...eans-and-rice/
..
Snag

=====

I have saved that recipe and will try it out. Any more favourite beans
recipes I would be grateful. I have never really cooked with dried beans
and am very interested to try