Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Red beans AND rice

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2019-09-14 5:19 p.m., cshenk wrote:
>
> > Bruce, something is wrong in your head and probably always was. The
> > fact that you postively lurk to find any shred of a post about you
> > and reply right away shows you are not normal people. That you
> > come up with a new nymshift makes it pretty obvious that mst of the
> > nymshifting here is likely you.
> >
> > Welcome to yet another killfile.
> >

> He could not resist nymshifting to reply to something I posted
> earlier, despite my taunting him to do so and prove me right.

True. He's a sorry person with no real life it seems.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, September 14, 2019 at 4:54:34 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> cshenk wrote:
>
> > It's Bruce. Not much more to say. He even said i accused him of
> > sexual harassment which is a figment of his own imagination.

> Damn, now you tell us! He is so worried about not having a gun, some
> of us were planning on sending him a water pistol (and even a BB gun).
>
> Hell, he may be as deranged as kuth.
>
> Note to self: change order: Daisy BB gun to murphy's oil soap (for
> wooden shoes) and 1 year subscription for PETA playmates magazine.

Dammit, now what am I going to get him for Christmas besides that water
pistol I promised him?? Maybe I could send him a solution of termite
killer to swab on his wooden shoes to keep those pesky pests at bay??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 19:29:06 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 2019-09-14 5:19 p.m., cshenk wrote:
>>
>> > Bruce, something is wrong in your head and probably always was. The
>> > fact that you postively lurk to find any shred of a post about you
>> > and reply right away shows you are not normal people. That you
>> > come up with a new nymshift makes it pretty obvious that mst of the
>> > nymshifting here is likely you.
>> >
>> > Welcome to yet another killfile.
>> >

>> He could not resist nymshifting to reply to something I posted
>> earlier, despite my taunting him to do so and prove me right.

>True. He's a sorry person with no real life it seems.

I suspect he uses RFC as a safe place to vent his frustrations from
real life. You just know he doesn't treat or speak to people like this
in real life (his wife being a possible exception). Especially in
Australia, a lot of guys simply wouldn't tolerate it and would use him
as a punching bag.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 19:29:06 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

>Dave Smith wrote:
>
>> On 2019-09-14 5:19 p.m., cshenk wrote:
>>
>> > Bruce, something is wrong in your head and probably always was. The
>> > fact that you postively lurk to find any shred of a post about you
>> > and reply right away shows you are not normal people. That you
>> > come up with a new nymshift makes it pretty obvious that mst of the
>> > nymshifting here is likely you.
>> >
>> > Welcome to yet another killfile.
>> >

>> He could not resist nymshifting to reply to something I posted
>> earlier, despite my taunting him to do so and prove me right.

>True. He's a sorry person with no real life it seems.

But I don't accuse people falsely and then lie about it, like you do.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 07:47:48 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 19:29:06 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>>Dave Smith wrote:

>>> He could not resist nymshifting to reply to something I posted
>>> earlier, despite my taunting him to do so and prove me right.

>>True. He's a sorry person with no real life it seems.

>I suspect he uses RFC as a safe place to vent his frustrations from
>real life. You just know he doesn't treat or speak to people like this
>in real life (his wife being a possible exception). Especially in
>Australia, a lot of guys simply wouldn't tolerate it and would use him
>as a punching bag.

Yes, especially in Australia, because guys are so much tougher here
than anywhere else. LOL. Just concentrate on your mail order bride,
dude.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je�us wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 19:29:06 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> He could not resist nymshifting to reply to something I posted
>>> earlier, despite my taunting him to do so and prove me right.

>> True. He's a sorry person with no real life it seems.

> I suspect he uses RFC as a safe place to vent his frustrations from
> real life. You just know he doesn't treat or speak to people like this
> in real life (his wife being a possible exception). Especially in
> Australia, a lot of guys simply wouldn't tolerate it and would use him
> as a punching bag.

I can imagine. In the us, in some cities an even some rural areas,
he would have had his jaws wired shut within 24 hours of landing
here and smarting off.

Maybe someone in australia already beat the hell out of him and he
has nothing to do except shitpost while he recuperates?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

A. Collective wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 19:29:06 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> He could not resist nymshifting to reply to something I posted
>>> earlier, despite my taunting him to do so and prove me right.

>> True. He's a sorry person with no real life it seems.

> But I don't accuse people falsely and then lie about it, like you do.

Druce, is she a biddy? You sure have lots of them to keep track of.

Has drucilla slipped out for a hamburger, and yoose are lonely?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 20:15:37 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Je?us wrote:

>>> True. He's a sorry person with no real life it seems.

>> I suspect he uses RFC as a safe place to vent his frustrations from
>> real life. You just know he doesn't treat or speak to people like this
>> in real life (his wife being a possible exception). Especially in
>> Australia, a lot of guys simply wouldn't tolerate it and would use him
>> as a punching bag.
>>

>I can imagine. In the us, in some cities an even some rural areas,
>he would have had his jaws wired shut within 24 hours of landing
>here and smarting off.
>
>Maybe someone in australia already beat the hell out of him and he
>has nothing to do except shitpost while he recuperates?

Who knows? I'm the same here as in real life. Say something offensive
or stupid and I'll respond accordingly (unless there are extenuating
circumstances). It never occurred to me that I got it from my mother
until very recently, a lot of friends describe her as a 'straight
shooter'. In every other way she's quite passive. I never really
noticed it myself, growing up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 09:21:05 +0700, Jeßus > wrote:

>On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 20:15:37 -0500, Hank Rogers >
>wrote:
>
>>Je?us wrote:

>>> I suspect he uses RFC as a safe place to vent his frustrations from
>>> real life. You just know he doesn't treat or speak to people like this
>>> in real life (his wife being a possible exception). Especially in
>>> Australia, a lot of guys simply wouldn't tolerate it and would use him
>>> as a punching bag.
>>>

>>I can imagine. In the us, in some cities an even some rural areas,
>>he would have had his jaws wired shut within 24 hours of landing
>>here and smarting off.
>>
>>Maybe someone in australia already beat the hell out of him and he
>>has nothing to do except shitpost while he recuperates?

>Who knows? I'm the same here as in real life. Say something offensive
>or stupid and I'll respond accordingly (unless there are extenuating
>circumstances). It never occurred to me that I got it from my mother
>until very recently, a lot of friends describe her as a 'straight
>shooter'. In every other way she's quite passive. I never really
>noticed it myself, growing up.

Here's how it always goes.

You say something offensive to me. I say something less offensive
back. Guess who's offended? You. You can dish it out, but you can't
take it. Weak.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 20:15:49 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 11:53:15 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:

>>> There is no line , Bruce just isn't happy unless he has something to
>>> bitch about .
>>>

>>Most of us know the answer. Notice he never posts about what he's
>>cooked? That's because he doesn't. No glorious discussions about
>>vegetables (raw or cooked) he's prepared for dinner. He's not
>>interested in food or cooking.

>This could be a moment to nymshift, so I can reply. But anyway, I'll
>ignore the biddy.
>
>On the topic of food. We went out for Indian yesterday. I've decided
>that it's a bit like durian. It's ok while you eat it, but the smell
>haunts you for hours afterwards.
>
>====
>
> Not something I have actually come across and have never wanted to! It
>sounds horrific!

Imagine cutting a fruit open and smelling a ripe French cheese. And
the next day, you walk into the same room and the smell's still there.

====

Ooooooookayyyyyyy ..... ewww

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" wrote in message ...

On 9/14/2019 12:10 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> Thank you. So, in my case, what would you suggest as a starter?

Pinto beans. No flavor, but a good "neutral" cooking bean.

I find most beans boring without meat. No matter how many herbs and
spices I add, pinto beans need some meat! I usually add ground beef.
Even "mushy pea" (I like yellow) soup requires some "streaky bacon".

Do you add these later, or while they are cooking?

First try 'em without soaking and see how long it takes for the beans to
start providing "cream". That's the were the beans give of some of
their internal starches and make their own gravy or "cream". You'll
know. The water will become thicker.

Will do! Once I see they are soft. What will I add?

Then try "soaking" them. You will discover thick-skinned beans (Limas,
kidney, etc) cook too fast on the inside, when soaked. Not soaking lets
the bean skins cook (put beans into a "rolling-boil"), longer.

Will do! I will probably stick with the beans I have in atm.

In my store, I have, 'Dermason White Beans', 'Cannelini' and 'Country
Bean Mix', Marrowfat peas (but I know how to do the peas

Thanks, I have saved this! Do you always cook them alone. ie nothing
added (meat, veg etc) and add stuff later?

I do understand you were explaining that I need to know how to cook
them as is.

Thanks very much! I have saved your advice and will make a start.
Hmm which ones of those I mentioned about should I start with?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> As long as pigs know to start running when an American wants to eat
> beans and rice.

Wild pigs are now considered to be an invasive species here,
especially in da south. Breeding out of control. Best solution
is just have all-year open season on them. Pork dishs might
become very popular.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2019 9:41 AM, Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>> As long as pigs know to start running when an American wants to eat
>> beans and rice.

> Wild pigs are now considered to be an invasive species here,
> especially in da south. Breeding out of control. Best solution
> is just have all-year open season on them. Pork dishs might
> become very popular.

Â* Feral pigs are a problem in this area ... landowners can harvest them
year round , on public lands only allowed during hunting seasons - which
is pretty much all year . They are horribly destructive to the ecosystem
.. Their rooting causes erosion because they destroy the roots that bind
the soil in place . And as Gary said , they multiply incredibly fast .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9/15/2019 3:17 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> Â*Â*Â*Â* Thanks veryÂ* much!Â* I have saved your advice and will make a
> start. Hmm which ones of those I mentioned about should I start with?

I've heard cannelini beans called "white kidney beans", so they may have
thick skins. I've never cooked 'dried' cannelini beans. I buy canned
cannelini beans, but canned beans are canned while fresh, not dried.
I'd start with the single bean types.

As fer adding stuff, I usta put all the ingredients in at once (about
half way thru), but now I cook the beans separately and the
spices/herbs/stuff I cook, in oil, ina skillet and add to beans jes b4
they are done. If it takes me 6 hrs to cook beans, I add the "stuff" at
5-1/2 hrs and let simmer fer the last half hour.

Let sit overnight! Lets the flavors "marry".

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> Let sit overnight! Lets the flavors "marry".

I think all soups, stews, chowders, chili benefit from the
overnight thing after the flavors really get time to blend well.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote in message ...
>
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 20:15:49 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Bruce" wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> >On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 11:53:15 -0400, jmcquown >
> >wrote:

> >>Most of us know the answer. Notice he never posts about what he's
> >>cooked? That's because he doesn't. No glorious discussions about
> >>vegetables (raw or cooked) he's prepared for dinner. He's not
> >>interested in food or cooking.

> >This could be a moment to nymshift, so I can reply. But anyway, I'll
> >ignore the biddy.
> >
> >On the topic of food. We went out for Indian yesterday. I've decided
> >that it's a bit like durian. It's ok while you eat it, but the smell
> >haunts you for hours afterwards.
> >
> >====
> >
> > Not something I have actually come across and have never wanted to! It
> >sounds horrific!

> Imagine cutting a fruit open and smelling a ripe French cheese. And
> the next day, you walk into the same room and the smell's still there.
>
> ====
>
> Ooooooookayyyyyyy ..... ewww

My nice old boss, "Heck, I'd eat a turd if it's properly
prepared."

I miss that fellow.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" wrote in message ...

On 9/15/2019 3:17 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> Thanks very much! I have saved your advice and will make a start.
> Hmm which ones of those I mentioned about should I start with?

I've heard cannelini beans called "white kidney beans", so they may have
thick skins. I've never cooked 'dried' cannelini beans. I buy canned
cannelini beans, but canned beans are canned while fresh, not dried.
I'd start with the single bean types.

I do have some canned cannelini beans. Should I just stick with
those? Perhaps just experiment with the dried?

As fer adding stuff, I usta put all the ingredients in at once (about
half way thru), but now I cook the beans separately and the
spices/herbs/stuff I cook, in oil, ina skillet and add to beans jes b4
they are done. If it takes me 6 hrs to cook beans, I add the "stuff" at
5-1/2 hrs and let simmer fer the last half hour.

Let sit overnight! Lets the flavors "marry".

Thanks very much All saved!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

notbob wrote:
> Let sit overnight! Lets the flavors "marry".

I think all soups, stews, chowders, chili benefit from the
overnight thing after the flavors really get time to blend well.

===

That is true of a few things! I have mentioned before that I make Satay
Chicken for D. He always prefers it the following day

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> "Bruce" wrote in message
>
> On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 20:15:49 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>
> >"Bruce" wrote in message
> .. .
> >
> >On Sat, 14 Sep 2019 11:53:15 -0400, jmcquown >
> >wrote:

> >>Most of us know the answer. Notice he never posts about what he's
> >>cooked? That's because he doesn't. No glorious discussions about
> >>vegetables (raw or cooked) he's prepared for dinner. He's not
> >>interested in food or cooking.

> >This could be a moment to nymshift, so I can reply. But anyway, I'll
> >ignore the biddy.
> >
> >On the topic of food. We went out for Indian yesterday. I've decided
> >that it's a bit like durian. It's ok while you eat it, but the smell
> >haunts you for hours afterwards.
> >
> >====
> >
> > Not something I have actually come across and have never wanted to!
> > It
> >sounds horrific!

> Imagine cutting a fruit open and smelling a ripe French cheese. And
> the next day, you walk into the same room and the smell's still there.
>
> ====
>
> Ooooooookayyyyyyy ..... ewww

My nice old boss, "Heck, I'd eat a turd if it's properly
prepared."

I miss that fellow.

==

Lol ewwwwwww Gary!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 15 Sep 2019 notbob wrote:

>I've heard cannelini beans called "white kidney beans", so they may have
>thick skins. I've never cooked 'dried' cannelini beans. I buy canned
>cannelini beans, but canned beans are canned while fresh, not dried.

Canned beans are cooked from dried... they're cooked in large vats and
then canned. Even green beans are par cooked prior to canning.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-09-15 10:41 a.m., Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>>
>> As long as pigs know to start running when an American wants to eat
>> beans and rice.

> Wild pigs are now considered to be an invasive species here,
> especially in da south. Breeding out of control. Best solution
> is just have all-year open season on them. Pork dishs might
> become very popular.

They should be doing the same here with Canada Geese, swans and
cormorants. When I was a kid it was rare to see Canada geese, but there
are more and more of them here every. Parks and beaches are full of
them. A lot of my neighbours have them squatting on their property.
Swans at least look nice, despite their nasty attitude. Cormorants were
almost non existent here 20 years ago but now there are hordes of them
and they destroy the trees where they choose to hang out.