Old 13-08-2019, 08:31 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Civic Holiday dinner

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 18:36:29 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
wrote:

I ain't a pioneer of nothing. I see food differently than all y'alls. It's not a statement of my superior socioeconomic position in society.

What in the F???

I see food as simply fuel for the body. If I was by myself, I'd just eat the cheapest, fastest, grub that I could find every day. Cooking for myself is just plain boring.

LOL. Said no true Asian EVER!

I'd just eat the cheapest, fastest, grub that I could find every day

Curious that you assume cheap means not nutritional or delicious. If
anything, it's usually the other way around.

Old 13-08-2019, 08:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 2:44:52 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 15:24:43 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 12:09:51 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

Last time I was at McDs, it was a double cheeseburger. Pretty good
actually!

It's a cheap burger and that's a good thing.

You're such a Pioneer of the Palate!

I ain't a pioneer of nothing. I see food differently than all y'alls. It's
not a statement of my superior socioeconomic position in society. I see food
as simply fuel for the body. If I was by myself, I'd just eat the cheapest,
fastest, grub that I could find every day. Cooking for myself is just plain
boring.

===

I agree. I love to cook but I would never do it just for myself.

Old 13-08-2019, 11:16 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 12:09:51 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

Last time I was at McDs, it was a double cheeseburger. Pretty good
actually!

It's a cheap burger and that's a good thing.

You're such a Pioneer of the Palate!

I ain't a pioneer of nothing. I see food differently than all y'alls. It's not a statement of my superior socioeconomic position in society. I see food as simply fuel for the body. If I was by myself, I'd just eat the cheapest, fastest, grub that I could find every day. Cooking for myself is just plain boring.

Why are you here on rec.food.cooking, if you don't care about food?

Cindy Hamilton
Old 13-08-2019, 12:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 12:09:51 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

Last time I was at McDs, it was a double cheeseburger. Pretty good
actually!

It's a cheap burger and that's a good thing.

You're such a Pioneer of the Palate!

I ain't a pioneer of nothing. I see food differently than all y'alls. It's not a statement of my superior socioeconomic position in society. I see food as simply fuel for the body. If I was by myself, I'd just eat the cheapest, fastest, grub that I could find every day. Cooking for myself is just plain boring.

Why are you here on rec.food.cooking, if you don't care about food?

Good question. I'd suggest rec.hawaii.eatoryoudie instead.
Old 13-08-2019, 02:09 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:
I love to cook but I would never do it just for myself.

Oh man! What would you eat if you are ever alone again? Are there
any gardeners looking for work? Do they have McDonald's in
Scotland?

Old 13-08-2019, 02:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

dsi1 wrote:
I ain't a pioneer of nothing. I see food differently than all y'alls. It's not a statement of my superior socioeconomic position in society. I see food as simply fuel for the body. If I was by myself, I'd just eat the cheapest, fastest, grub that I could find every day. Cooking for myself is just plain boring.

Why are you here on rec.food.cooking, if you don't care about food?

Well, Bruce is here *constantly*. He knows nothing about cooking.
He only cares about what the rest of us eat.
Old 13-08-2019, 02:41 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 16:59:03 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 1:18:04 PM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

Are you kidding? A slice or two of tomato is mandatory for a hamburger,
along with onions, mustard and relish.

I'm not kidding. I'm not a big fan of hamburger sandwiches and have no notions about what's supposed to be in one of them.

When I was a kid, the hamburgers that I ate had really thin,
tasteless, patty and a mixture of mayo and mustard on the top and some
ketchup mixed with pickle relish on the bottom. That was all. It
wasn't good or anything but I did have the 25 cents it took to get
one. I probably would have ditched the tomatoes, lettuce, and onions,
if they had the audacity to try to sneak those in.

One of my favorite cheap burgers is the Teriyaki Jack from Jack in the Box. That has a thick slice of tomato on it. I like to slide that off on to the wrapper.

The tomato with teriyaki sauce will slide all over the place making
for a most unstable sandwich. Sometimes you can get one with a slice
of Spam. That makes a sandwich as awkward as an elephant in the Ice
Capades.

https://i1.wp.com/www.tastyislandhaw...size=700%2C564

That Mystery Meat burger looks disgusting... even that smushy bun
looks sick, use a hard roll. Try a real home ground burger with a
thick slab of home grown vine ripened beefsteak tomato... sometimes I
also like a thick slice of Vidalia onion. Hamburger with Spam is
TIAD-GACK... it's one or the other. My favorite burger topping is
Hellman's Sandwich Spread. Not always easy to find but costs a lot
less at stupidmarkets:
https://www.amazon.com/hellmans-sand...andwich+spread
Old 13-08-2019, 04:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:
I love to cook but I would never do it just for myself.

Oh man! What would you eat if you are ever alone again? Are there
any gardeners looking for work? Do they have McDonald's in
Scotland?

===

LOL but I wouldn't cook for anyone regularly anyway unless family came
home)

Old 13-08-2019, 05:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 11:26:18 AM UTC-4, Ophelia wrote:
"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:
I love to cook but I would never do it just for myself.

Oh man! What would you eat if you are ever alone again? Are there
any gardeners looking for work? Do they have McDonald's in
Scotland?

===

LOL but I wouldn't cook for anyone regularly anyway unless family came
home)

What would you do if you were widowed? Live on tea and toast?

Cindy Hamilton
Old 13-08-2019, 08:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:
I love to cook but I would never do it just for myself.

Oh man! What would you eat if you are ever alone again? Are there
any gardeners looking for work? Do they have McDonald's in
Scotland?

===

LOL but I wouldn't cook for anyone regularly anyway unless family
came
home)

What would you do if you were widowed? Live on tea and toast?

Cindy Hamilton

===

Very probably, even if I could manage that

Old 13-08-2019, 08:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:
I love to cook but I would never do it just for myself.

Oh man! What would you eat if you are ever alone again? Are there
any gardeners looking for work? Do they have McDonald's in
Scotland?

===

LOL but I wouldn't cook for anyone regularly anyway unless family came
home)

What would you do if you were widowed? Live on tea and toast?

Cindy Hamilton

No, she'd just continue being mean to widows, only now she would be
one haha
Old 13-08-2019, 09:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Monday, August 12, 2019 at 12:09:51 PM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:

Last time I was at McDs, it was a double cheeseburger. Pretty good
actually!

It's a cheap burger and that's a good thing.

You're such a Pioneer of the Palate!

I ain't a pioneer of nothing. I see food differently than all y'alls. It's not a statement of my superior socioeconomic position in society. I see food as simply fuel for the body. If I was by myself, I'd just eat the cheapest, fastest, grub that I could find every day. Cooking for myself is just plain boring.

Why are you here on rec.food.cooking, if you don't care about food?

Cindy Hamilton

I'm not interested in cooking food for myself nor would I spend a lot of money on food if I was by myself. I don't care about food as a socioeconomic statement. That's not cool.

I'm interested in the techniques, culture, history, and styles, of cookery and use this newsgroup as a blog. Most people here seem more interested in trolling and making nasty personal statements about others than food. OTOH, I don't really care what other people here do, I'm gonna do my thing - mostly blogging about food and disseminating information.
Old 13-08-2019, 09:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 09:10:19 -0400, Gary wrote:

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

dsi1 wrote:
I ain't a pioneer of nothing. I see food differently than all y'alls. It's not a statement of my superior socioeconomic position in society. I see food as simply fuel for the body. If I was by myself, I'd just eat the cheapest, fastest, grub that I could find every day. Cooking for myself is just plain boring.

Why are you here on rec.food.cooking, if you don't care about food?

Well, Bruce is here *constantly*. He knows nothing about cooking.
He only cares about what the rest of us eat.

I care a lot about food. Why else do you think I'm not in
rec.fish.koicarp or rec.smoking.cigars, but here?
Old 13-08-2019, 09:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

The Teri-Jr-Jack is not compelling in looks, it's just tasty. I have not had it with Spam nor am I planning to. I will agree that it's mystery meat but the reality is that eating these days requires that one puts their trust/faith in the food supply chain. I certainly have and it ain't killed me yet.. Heck, I even trust Chinese food. You're just letting fear rule your life. As we all know, fear is an important motivation in 2019 America.
Old 13-08-2019, 09:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

I thought your main reason to come here is too tell us how great you
think you are compared to us, since for some people, RFC has a
psychiatric function.

Holiday dinner plans? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 21 22-12-2012 09:32 AM
Holiday dinner plans? Tara General Cooking 8 21-12-2012 05:37 PM
Holiday dinner #1 Steve Pope General Cooking 1 20-12-2008 10:50 PM
Holiday dinner wines Bi!! Wine 5 13-12-2007 11:42 PM
need help with holiday dinner Kim Combs General Cooking 1 13-12-2003 01:19 AM