Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default UKELELE DEEP DISH PIZZA

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 11:18:36 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, July 16, 2019 at 4:35:52 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
>> On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 9:49:26 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> > Hula Hula Hawaiian Deep Dish Pizza - from Tops Market
>> > Yield: 15 squares
>> >
>> > Ingredients
>> > 3 cups biscuit baking mix
>> > 3/4 cup cold water
>> > 15 ounces chunky marinara sauce
>> > 3 cups (12 oz) part skim shredded Mozzarella cheese
>> > 8 ounces deli ham Save
>> > 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
>> > 1 can (8 oz.) pineapple tidbits, well drained or
>> > fresh pineapple bits
>> > 1/4 cup (1 oz) parmesan cheese, shredded
>> >
>> > Nutrition Facts
>> > Yield: 15 squares
>> >
>> > Approximate Nutrient Content per serving:
>> >
>> > Calories: 197.1
>> > Calories From Fat: 72
>> > Total Fat: 8.2g
>> > Saturated Fat: 3.8g
>> > Cholesterol: 19.8mg
>> > Sodium: 592.2mg
>> > Total Carbohydrates: 19.9g
>> > Dietary Fiber: 1.0g
>> > Sugars: 3.1g
>> > Protein: 10.9g
>> > Nutritional data per 2- slice serving. Prepared using part skim
>> > mozzarella cheese.
>> >
>> > Please Note: Nutritional values listed may vary from final results
>> > depending on actual measurements, products and brands used to prepare
>> > the recipe.
>> >
>> > Directions:
>> > Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly grease jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x
>> > 10 1/2 x 1- inch, or a cookie sheet.
>> >
>> > Mix baking mix and water until soft dough forms; beat vigorously 20
>> > strokes. Gently smooth dough into ball on floured board. Knead 20
>> > times.
>> >
>> > Pat dough in bottom and up sides of pan with floured hands. Or roll
>> > into a rectangle, 13 x 10- inches and place on cookie sheet; pinch
>> > edges of rectangle, forming 3/4- inch rim.
>> >
>> > Spread marinara sauce over dough. Scatter mozzarella cheese over
>> > sauce.
>> >
>> > Scatter ham, green pepper and pineapple over cheese. Sprinkle with
>> > parmesan cheese.
>> >
>> > Bake until crust is golden brown; about 20 minutes. Slice and serve.
>> >
>> > ALOHA!

>> Reminds me of 'The Ukulele Lady'...
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qo8G7oCVgY

>Just make sure to listen to that tune while eating Hula Hula pizza for a real hula hula experience. Don't use any of that real cheese - use only cheese that comes in a green can. Hula Hula pizza would never use real cheese. Some clown messed with the original recipe. If you must use actual cheese, use only Velveeta. Cheddar in extreme emergencies.
>
>"Ukulele Lady" is a genre called "Hapa Haole Hawaiian Music" which was popular during the 1920's to the 60's. They have lyrics in English and followed the standard American popular music forms of the day. The music was popular in Hawaii, the mainland, and worldwide.

> [...]

Sounds like a contradiction to me. Give Pat Boone a ukelele and you
have contemporary Hawaiian music.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-16 1:10 p.m., tert in seattle wrote:
>> Plain ham served with raisin sauce (added to the plate) is also
>> very tasty.

> you know what's really good? ham salad

Ham and pickle salad? It's my favourite. I almost look forward to
funerals on the chance they will be serving them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:28:41 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-07-16 1:10 p.m., tert in seattle wrote:
>>> Plain ham served with raisin sauce (added to the plate) is also
>>> very tasty.

>> you know what's really good? ham salad
>>

>Ham and pickle salad? It's my favourite. I almost look forward to
>funerals on the chance they will be serving them.

If you learn to make it yourself, you don't have to wait until someone
dies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:10:18 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 21:29:25 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:
>
>> Pizza with ham and pineapple is the only one D. likes. So that is the
>>only one I make)

>I don't understand the 'scandal' about pineapple on pizza. It might
>not be my first choice, but what's there to hate?
>
>=====
>
> No idea. I don't care much for spam (D. loves it) but a recent recipe I
>made had fried spam in a stir fry with pineapple. It was good)

My mother used to make something called chicken Ã* la radjiwill, with
rice, chicken, raisins and pineapple. I loved it.

===

Sounds jolly good))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" wrote in message ...

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:14:41 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" wrote in message
.. .

>On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 09:53:45 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> Sheldon has never made that. No picture. I'm with you on the
>>> Kraft (or generic) dried parmesan. I use it all the time. Much
>>> more concentrated taste and I love it.

>>To each their own. I find Kraft harsh, although I use a bit in onion
>>soup because it just doesn't taste right without it. For dishes like
>>pasta and Caesar salad, where the cheese is a large part of the flavor
>>profile, I strongly prefer Parmagiano Reggiano.

>You're comparing a generic supermarket thing to a real, regional type
>of cheese. Chalk and cheese kinda thing.
>
>===
>
> I was in the supermarket the other day and I asked for Parmesan. They
>said they didn't have any. Another assistant came in and said, would this
>one do?
>
> It said Parmigiano-Reggiano on the label <g> They were quite shocked
>when I explained what it was)))

That's funny

====

I laughed but they didn't seem to think so ))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I can get Yoder Amish cheese too but it's fine shredded and I don't like it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
> wrote:

> I enjoy pineapple in myriad ways but the idea of pineapple cooked in
> tomato sauce doesn't appeal to me. About the only cheese I like with
> pineapple is pineapple cheesecake.

Chopped, canned pineapple and Canadian bacon put on top of a basic
cheese and tomato sauce pizza used to be called a "Hawaiian Pizza" by
Shakey's Pizza in the sixties around here. That name might still be a
thing. I wouldn't turn one down today, although I prefer a "lots of
spicy junk on it" combo from Papa Murphys.
The pineapple was right from the can, and back then, probably in heavy
syrup.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Leonard Blaisdell" wrote in message

In article >,
> wrote:

> I enjoy pineapple in myriad ways but the idea of pineapple cooked in
> tomato sauce doesn't appeal to me. About the only cheese I like with
> pineapple is pineapple cheesecake.

Chopped, canned pineapple and Canadian bacon put on top of a basic
cheese and tomato sauce pizza used to be called a "Hawaiian Pizza" by
Shakey's Pizza in the sixties around here. That name might still be a
thing. I wouldn't turn one down today, although I prefer a "lots of
spicy junk on it" combo from Papa Murphys.
The pineapple was right from the can, and back then, probably in heavy
syrup.

leo

===

That is what I use I tried it once with marinara sauce but it didn't
seem right. D. wasn't keen so I tried just a thin spread of tom paste and he
liked that much better. I pile up loads of grated cheese and then the ham
and pineapple before I bake!