Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rotisserie Chicken Noodle Soup

ツ*As some may recall , we recently bought a rotisserie unit at a yard
sale , and I tried it out . The chicken was good , though I didn't cook
it long enough at first . Any way , I simmered the meat off the carcass
and froze the resulting broth/meat for later use . Last night was later
, and it was awesome . I added a few sliced fresh carrots and tbsp or 2
of dried celery in addition to half a box of rotini , and my wife told
me it was one of my better soup efforts . She makes better soup than me
(I ? grammer police ?) , but then we ate a lot of soup in years past
when kids were little and money was tighter .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 8:39:11 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
> ツ*As some may recall , we recently bought a rotisserie unit at a yard
> sale , and I tried it out . The chicken was good , though I didn't cook
> it long enough at first . Any way , I simmered the meat off the carcass
> and froze the resulting broth/meat for later use . Last night was later
> , and it was awesome . I added a few sliced fresh carrots and tbsp or 2
> of dried celery in addition to half a box of rotini , and my wife told
> me it was one of my better soup efforts . She makes better soup than me
> (I ? grammer police ?) , but then we ate a lot of soup in years past
> when kids were little and money was tighter .
>
> --
> Snag
> Yes , I'm old
> and crochety - and armed .
> Get outta my woods !

That sounds most excellent. A good soup can also me made with roast turkey carcass, and roast duck carcass.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2019 7:44 AM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 8:39:11 AM UTC-4, Terry Coombs wrote:
>> ツ*As some may recall , we recently bought a rotisserie unit at a yard
>> sale , and I tried it out . The chicken was good , though I didn't cook
>> it long enough at first . Any way , I simmered the meat off the carcass
>> and froze the resulting broth/meat for later use . Last night was later
>> , and it was awesome . I added a few sliced fresh carrots and tbsp or 2
>> of dried celery in addition to half a box of rotini , and my wife told
>> me it was one of my better soup efforts . She makes better soup than me
>> (I ? grammer police ?) , but then we ate a lot of soup in years past
>> when kids were little and money was tighter .
>>
>> --
>> Snag
>> Yes , I'm old
>> and crochety - and armed .
>> Get outta my woods !

> That sounds most excellent. A good soup can also me made with roast turkey carcass, and roast duck carcass.

ツ* And leftover beef roast , and ham (with beans) . I've never cooked a
duck , but you're right about turkey . Has a unique flavor all it's own
- smoked turkey is good too . Hmmm , smoked turkey with white beans ...
may have to try that !

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 07:39:10 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

> *As some may recall , we recently bought a rotisserie unit at a yard
>sale , and I tried it out . The chicken was good , though I didn't cook
>it long enough at first . Any way , I simmered the meat off the carcass
>and froze the resulting broth/meat for later use . Last night was later
>, and it was awesome . I added a few sliced fresh carrots and tbsp or 2
>of dried celery in addition to half a box of rotini , and my wife told
>me it was one of my better soup efforts . She makes better soup than me
>(I ? grammer police ?) , but then we ate a lot of soup in years past
>when kids were little and money was tighter .

I'm sure it tastes fine but what's the point of rotissering a chicken
to make soup... now you have the rotisserie to clean without the
benefit of enjoying a rotisseried chicken.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 10:02:51 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 07:39:10 -0500, Terry Coombs >
> wrote:
>

> > ツ*As some may recall , we recently bought a rotisserie unit at a yard
> >sale , and I tried it out . The chicken was good , though I didn't cook
> >it long enough at first . Any way , I simmered the meat off the carcass
> >and froze the resulting broth/meat for later use . Last night was later
> >, and it was awesome . I added a few sliced fresh carrots and tbsp or 2
> >of dried celery in addition to half a box of rotini , and my wife told
> >me it was one of my better soup efforts . She makes better soup than me
> >(I ? grammer police ?) , but then we ate a lot of soup in years past
> >when kids were little and money was tighter .

> I'm sure it tastes fine but what's the point of rotissering a chicken
> to make soup... now you have the rotisserie to clean without the
> benefit of enjoying a rotisseried chicken.

From what I understand the point is that the rotisserie'd meat is supposed to be eaten, then the carcass cooked to make a fine stock.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-15 10:48 a.m., A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 10:02:51 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>> I'm sure it tastes fine but what's the point of rotissering a
>> chicken to make soup... now you have the rotisserie to clean
>> without the benefit of enjoying a rotisseried chicken.

> From what I understand the point is that the rotisserie'd meat is
> supposed to be eaten, then the carcass cooked to make a fine stock.

I think that was pretty clear to everyone but the rear admiral.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2019 9:48 AM, A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 10:02:51 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 07:39:10 -0500, Terry Coombs >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> ツ*As some may recall , we recently bought a rotisserie unit at a yard
>>> sale , and I tried it out . The chicken was good , though I didn't cook
>>> it long enough at first . Any way , I simmered the meat off the carcass
>>> and froze the resulting broth/meat for later use . Last night was later
>>> , and it was awesome . I added a few sliced fresh carrots and tbsp or 2
>>> of dried celery in addition to half a box of rotini , and my wife told
>>> me it was one of my better soup efforts . She makes better soup than me
>>> (I ? grammer police ?) , but then we ate a lot of soup in years past
>>> when kids were little and money was tighter .

>> I'm sure it tastes fine but what's the point of rotissering a chicken
>> to make soup... now you have the rotisserie to clean without the
>> benefit of enjoying a rotisseried chicken.

> From what I understand the point is that the rotisserie'd meat is supposed to be eaten, then the carcass cooked to make a fine stock.

ツ* Sheldon has comprehension problems . You are right , I simmered the
carcass after we enjoyed a few meals of the chicken . One whole chicken
is on the shopping list , I'm going to do another soon . It's not
something I'll do often , but it's a very nice change from grilled meats .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-15 12:57 p.m., Terry Coombs wrote:
> On 7/15/2019 9:48 AM, A Moose in Love wrote:

>> ツ*From what I understand the point is that the rotisserie'd meat is
>> supposed to be eaten, then the carcass cooked to make a fine stock.

> ツ* Sheldon has comprehension problems . You are right , I simmered the
> carcass after we enjoyed a few meals of the chicken . One whole chicken
> is on the shopping list , I'm going to do another soon . It's not
> something I'll do often , but it's a very nice change from grilled meats

The next time you want to try one you should use the recipe I use,
called Indian Chicken in an old BBQ cookbook I had. It calls for grated
onion, but I use the food processor. Toss a quartered onion, a large
chopped clove of garlic into the FP and mush it. Add a tsp. of salt,
1/2 tsp pepper and tsp or two of cumin and whiz it some more. Smear
the mixture inside and all over the chicken and let it sit for an hour.
Stick it on the spit and baste with melted butter (or olive oil).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 10:57:55 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-07-15 10:48 a.m., A Moose in Love wrote:
>> On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 10:02:51 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>>> I'm sure it tastes fine but what's the point of rotissering a
>>> chicken to make soup... now you have the rotisserie to clean
>>> without the benefit of enjoying a rotisseried chicken.

>> From what I understand the point is that the rotisserie'd meat is
>> supposed to be eaten, then the carcass cooked to make a fine stock.

>I think that was pretty clear to everyone but the rear admiral.

Your reading comprhension is below infantile, almost matches your
plethora of typos, and barroom BS. The poster indicated that the
chicken wasn't fully cooked so he decided to make soup from it. Would
have been smarter to continue rotisserating. Twenty more minutes of
spinning on the rotisserie would have been much smarter than spending
half the day turning it into soup... and likely not having the
ingredients on hand for a proper soup. Was probably one of those tiny
rotisse chickens anyway, not worth making soup with gnawed/sucked
bones.

When I want to make chicken soup I buy a couple three seven pound
roasters and make gallons of golden Jewish Penicillin. I tried making
chicken soup from a picked over carcass once, not worth the trouble
for diluted **** vasser.

I'll make stock from roast pork and pork chop bones, makes excellent
stock for Chinese soups.

For some reason I detest turkey soup so I always toss the thanksgiving
carcass out for the crows. The only part of a roast turkey I eat are
the drumsticks... all the rest is cat food. Even though turkeys have
humongus breasts I don't like it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 20:14:45 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 7/15/2019 7:33 PM, wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 10:57:55 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> I think that was pretty clear to everyone but the rear admiral.

>> Your reading comprhension is below infantile, almost matches your
>> plethora of typos, and barroom BS. The poster indicated that the
>> chicken wasn't fully cooked so he decided to make soup from it. Would
>> have been smarter to continue rotisserating.

> * Which is exactly what I did , put it back on for another half hour .
>We then feasted on rotisserie chicken for several meals , whereupon I
>simmered the carcass for soup . You continuously put meanings that I
>never intended to my words .

That's not what you wrote in your original post... you're as
illiterate/ignorant as Dave Smith.
I think both of yoose use fake names.
No one has seen what yoose look like either, nor anything yoose
claimed to have cooked.... two fakes.
Neither one of yoose barroom fakers can cook a lick.
I GARANTEE TWO FAGGOTS... COOMBS IS MOST DEFINITELY A FAGGOT NAME...
WOOMBS!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2019 9:42 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2019-07-15 8:33 p.m., wrote:
>>> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 10:57:55 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> Your reading comprhension is below infantile,

>> That sent the irony meter right over top.
>>

>>> .ツ* The poster indicated that the
>>> chicken wasn't fully cooked so he decided to make soup from it.

>> You need to read his comments again. As he clarifiedツ* ....
>> "Sheldon has comprehension problems . You are right , I simmered the
>> carcass after we enjoyed a few meals of the chicken ."
>>

>> ツ*ツ*>Would
>>> have been smarter to continue rotisserating.

>> And that is exactly what he said he did.
>>

> At least we got a repeat lecture on his jewish penicillin.

I tried making rotisserie chicken noodle soup. The damned noodles kept
getting tangles as it was spinning.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 7/15/2019 9:42 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
>> Dave Smith wrote:

>>> That sent the irony meter right over top.

>>> You need to read his comments again. As he clarifiedツ* ....
>>> "Sheldon has comprehension problems . You are right , I simmered
>>> the carcass after we enjoyed a few meals of the chicken ."
>>>

>>> ツ*ツ*>Would
>>>
>>> And that is exactly what he said he did.
>>>

>> At least we got a repeat lecture on his jewish penicillin.
>>

> I tried making rotisserie chicken noodle soup.* The damned noodles
> kept getting tangles as it was spinning.

It's supposed to wind up, like spaghetti strands on a fork.

Maybe yoose used the wrong kind of noodles.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 15, 2019 at 9:26:42 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I tried making rotisserie chicken noodle soup. The damned noodles kept
> getting tangles as it was spinning.

For shame. You didn't wrap those noodles around the chicken correctly and
use enough packing tape to hold them tightly. Tsk, tsk.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Coombs wrote:
> You continuously put meanings that I
> never intended to my words .

That happens often in this ng.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 06:53:07 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Terry Coombs wrote:
>> You continuously put meanings that I
>> never intended to my words .

>That happens often in this ng.

Yes, by a guy called Gary, for instance.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2019 9:52 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>>> At least we got a repeat lecture on his jewish penicillin.
>>>

>> I tried making rotisserie chicken noodle soup.ツ* The damned noodles
>> kept getting tangles as it was spinning.

> It's supposed to wind up, like spaghetti strands on a fork.
>
> Maybe yoose used the wrong kind of noodles.

ツ* We gave our youngest son a noodle machine for Christmas , maybe I can
get him to make us some extra extra long ones ...

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...

On 7/15/2019 9:42 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2019-07-15 8:33 p.m., wrote:
>>> On Mon, 15 Jul 2019 10:57:55 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> Your reading comprhension is below infantile,

>> That sent the irony meter right over top.
>>

>>> . The poster indicated that the
>>> chicken wasn't fully cooked so he decided to make soup from it.

>> You need to read his comments again. As he clarified ....
>> "Sheldon has comprehension problems . You are right , I simmered the
>> carcass after we enjoyed a few meals of the chicken ."
>>

>> >Would
>>> have been smarter to continue rotisserating.

>> And that is exactly what he said he did.
>>

> At least we got a repeat lecture on his jewish penicillin.

I tried making rotisserie chicken noodle soup. The damned noodles kept
getting tangles as it was spinning.

===

You could have plaited them!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> On 7/15/2019 9:42 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> > Dave Smith wrote:

> > > That sent the irony meter right over top.

> > > You need to read his comments again. As he clarifiedツ* ....
> > > "Sheldon has comprehension problems . You are right , I simmered
> > > the carcass after we enjoyed a few meals of the chicken ."
> > >

> > > ツ*ツ*>Would
> > >
> > > And that is exactly what he said he did.
> > >

> > At least we got a repeat lecture on his jewish penicillin.
> >

> I tried making rotisserie chicken noodle soup. The damned noodles
> kept getting tangles as it was spinning.

LOL!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/15/2019 10:26 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> I tried making rotisserie chicken noodle soup.ツ* The damned noodles kept
> getting tangles as it was spinning.

I needed a good laugh this morning!

Jill