Old 13-07-2019, 04:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT: Rescue dogs flown out of Louisiana ahead of Barry to avoid euthanasia

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/res...7&OCID=U457DHP

or
http://tinyurl.com/yxlm6w9v

I'm glad this problem is finally being recognized and focused on

Old 13-07-2019, 05:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-13 11:52 a.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/res...7&OCID=U457DHP

or
http://tinyurl.com/yxlm6w9v

I'm glad this problem is finally being recognized and focused on

It's nice to see that they are concerned about the welfare of the rescue
dogs and getting them to safety, but it they are flying they must have
money to burn.

FWIW, my recently departed Malinois, Sonny, was a Hurricane Katrina
rescue from Florida. He had been a feral pup down there. He had been too
much of a challenge for the people who initially adopted him. By the
time he was 5 and he was still out of control they gave up on him.

The owner pulled a good trick on us. She didn't tell us how crazy he
was. She drove him up here en route to a three day conference in Toronto
and said she would call before returning to make sure he was working
out, and if not, she would take him back. Yeah. Right. She never
called back and never answered emails, and I was intending to send him
back. He did eventually settle down by age 11 and lasted a few more
years. At 14 1/2 his back end gave out and we had to have him euthanized.
Old 13-07-2019, 05:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 12:15:30 -0400, Dave Smith

On 2019-07-13 11:52 a.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/res...7&OCID=U457DHP

or
http://tinyurl.com/yxlm6w9v

I'm glad this problem is finally being recognized and focused on

It's nice to see that they are concerned about the welfare of the rescue
dogs and getting them to safety, but it they are flying they must have
money to burn.

snip

"Breaux said the plane was financed by national rescue organizations."

The article indicates that NOLA put out calls for assistance to animal
organizations.

The money is coming from animal lover's donations. In addition, there
are many individual pilots that fly(donate time and fuel) small
numbers animals away from bad situations.

Janet US
Old 13-07-2019, 06:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-13 11:52 a.m., U.S. Janet B. wrote:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/res...7&OCID=U457DHP

or
http://tinyurl.com/yxlm6w9v

I'm glad this problem is finally being recognized and focused on

It's nice to see that they are concerned about the welfare of the rescue
dogs and getting them to safety, but it they are flying they must have
money to burn.

snip

"Breaux said the plane was financed by national rescue organizations."

The article indicates that NOLA put out calls for assistance to animal
organizations.

The money is coming from animal lover's donations. In addition, there
are many individual pilots that fly(donate time and fuel) small
numbers animals away from bad situations.

Janet US

In other words, the money donated to the shelters and rescue
organizations is being used exactly as it should be. There are
veterinarians volunteering and vaccinating the dogs so they can be
transported. Health checks. I'm thrilled they're trying to get ahead
of this storm. They're expecting a lot of flooding so yes, if they can
get the dogs (and cats) out of there, great! They learned their lesson
with Hurricane Katrina. I'm so happy to hear the shelter animals
welfare is finally a part of the evacuation equation.

Jill
Old 13-07-2019, 06:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 11:12:40 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

FWIW, my recently departed Malinois, Sonny, was a Hurricane Katrina
rescue from Florida.

I know you had said in the past he was kinda squirrely but I didn't know that
he had died. At least he was off the streets and had a good home for the
remainder of his life.

The owner pulled a good trick on us. She didn't tell us how crazy he
was. She drove him up here en route to a three day conference in Toronto
and said she would call before returning to make sure he was working
out, and if not, she would take him back. Yeah. Right. She never
called back and never answered emails, and I was intending to send him
back. He did eventually settle down by age 11 and lasted a few more
years. At 14 1/2 his back end gave out and we had to have him euthanized.

I got suckered in to 'fostering' a cat for 5 months. That's been a bit over
3 years now so it's safe to say she is mine. Like your dog, she was already
an adult cat at 8 years of age. Her one bad habit is she is a chewer of
small electrical cords and anything small such as that.

Old 14-07-2019, 02:36 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 17:07:01 -0400, jmcquown wrote:

For a couple of what? This doesn't make any sense.

I think his message had a premature perambulation.

discovery and euthanasia Emery Davis[_5_] Wine 4 03-07-2012 12:01 PM
My new rescue dog cybercat General Cooking 0 29-11-2009 11:17 PM
Euthanasia Ian F. General Cooking 1 29-07-2009 09:18 AM
Euthanasia or Dinner? Sqwertz General Cooking 25 10-07-2009 05:03 PM
My 'baby' has flown the nest.... LadyJane General Cooking 18 22-07-2006 09:11 AM