Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Odd noodle dishes

Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.

The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
Noodles with poppy seeds.
Noodles with ground walnuts.
Noodles with cottage cheese.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 7:26:41 AM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
>
> The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> Noodles with poppy seeds.
> Noodles with ground walnuts.
> Noodles with cottage cheese.

But no McNoodles from McCraps!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 8:26:41 AM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
>
> The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> Noodles with poppy seeds.
> Noodles with ground walnuts.
> Noodles with cottage cheese.

Certainly I've heard of noodles with cottage cheese. The others are just
variations on a theme of noodles. IIRC I've had 'em with poppy seeds, but
I wouldn't swear to it.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 9:22:24 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 8:26:41 AM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
> >
> > The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> > Noodles with poppy seeds.
> > Noodles with ground walnuts.
> > Noodles with cottage cheese.

> Certainly I've heard of noodles with cottage cheese. The others are just
> variations on a theme of noodles. IIRC I've had 'em with poppy seeds, but
> I wouldn't swear to it.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I never thought that people who were out of my cultural circle would eat these simple noodle dishes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:
> Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
>
> The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> Noodles with poppy seeds.
> Noodles with ground walnuts.
> Noodles with cottage cheese.

crunchy ramen noodles as a snack used to be one
of my things... haven't done that in 20yrs now
though.

i'd eat any of the above without blinking.
sound good.

songbird

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the
> majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
>
> The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> Noodles with poppy seeds.
> Noodles with ground walnuts.
> Noodles with cottage cheese.

Is Kugel made with cottage cheese?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 10:08:22 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> "A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> > Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the
> > majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
> >
> > The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> > Noodles with poppy seeds.
> > Noodles with ground walnuts.
> > Noodles with cottage cheese.

> Is Kugel made with cottage cheese?

I don't know from Kugel, but I'll find out...

Yes. The following recipe has cottage cheese in it...

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1946564
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hi!!
I know a good Korean Soup Recipe!))
Delicious and help with Hangover!))
https://club.cooking/recipe/hangover-soup/
)))
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I do halushki with cottage. For me it is a must. Sour cream if no cottage.

Name that noodle. Dan S. General Cooking 9 29-06-2008 01:05 AM
Egg Dishes fatdancer Preserving 3 14-05-2007 01:35 AM
RIP Mr. Noodle Tara General Cooking 3 10-01-2007 01:03 PM
RIP Mr. Noodle [email protected] General Cooking 0 09-01-2007 01:38 PM
Dishes are done Joelle General Cooking 13 27-11-2004 11:16 PM