FoodBanter.com

-   -   Odd noodle dishes (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/447552-odd-noodle-dishes.html)

A Moose In Love 13-07-2019 01:26 PM

Odd noodle dishes

Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.

The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
Noodles with poppy seeds.
Noodles with ground walnuts.
Noodles with cottage cheese.

John Kuthe[_3_] 13-07-2019 01:42 PM

Odd noodle dishes

On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 7:26:41 AM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
>
> The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> Noodles with poppy seeds.
> Noodles with ground walnuts.
> Noodles with cottage cheese.

But no McNoodles from McCraps!

John Kuthe...

Cindy Hamilton[_2_] 13-07-2019 02:22 PM

Odd noodle dishes

On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 8:26:41 AM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
>
> The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> Noodles with poppy seeds.
> Noodles with ground walnuts.
> Noodles with cottage cheese.

Certainly I've heard of noodles with cottage cheese. The others are just
variations on a theme of noodles. IIRC I've had 'em with poppy seeds, but
I wouldn't swear to it.

Cindy Hamilton

A Moose In Love 13-07-2019 03:59 PM

Odd noodle dishes

On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 9:22:24 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 8:26:41 AM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
> > Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
> >
> > The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> > Noodles with poppy seeds.
> > Noodles with ground walnuts.
> > Noodles with cottage cheese.

> Certainly I've heard of noodles with cottage cheese. The others are just
> variations on a theme of noodles. IIRC I've had 'em with poppy seeds, but
> I wouldn't swear to it.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I never thought that people who were out of my cultural circle would eat these simple noodle dishes.

songbird 13-07-2019 10:56 PM

Odd noodle dishes

A Moose in Love wrote:
> Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
>
> The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> Noodles with poppy seeds.
> Noodles with ground walnuts.
> Noodles with cottage cheese.

crunchy ramen noodles as a snack used to be one
of my things... haven't done that in 20yrs now
though. :)

i'd eat any of the above without blinking.
sound good.

songbird

Julie Bove[_2_] 14-07-2019 03:08 AM

Odd noodle dishes

"A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the
> majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
>
> The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> Noodles with poppy seeds.
> Noodles with ground walnuts.
> Noodles with cottage cheese.

Is Kugel made with cottage cheese?

A Moose In Love 14-07-2019 01:08 PM

Odd noodle dishes

On Saturday, July 13, 2019 at 10:08:22 PM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> "A Moose in Love" > wrote in message
> > Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the
> > majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
> >
> > The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
> > Noodles with poppy seeds.
> > Noodles with ground walnuts.
> > Noodles with cottage cheese.

> Is Kugel made with cottage cheese?

I don't know from Kugel, but I'll find out...

Yes. The following recipe has cottage cheese in it...

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-1946564

[email protected] 15-07-2019 10:13 AM

Odd noodle dishes

Hi!!
I know a good Korean Soup Recipe!))
Delicious and help with Hangover!))
https://club.cooking/recipe/hangover-soup/
)))

tert in seattle 15-07-2019 07:57 PM

Odd noodle dishes

writes:
>Some people here may have heard of these dishes, but I don't think the
>majority will have. It's an Eastern European thing.
>
>The noodles used are wide soup noodles.
>Noodles with poppy seeds.
>Noodles with ground walnuts.
>Noodles with cottage cheese.

when I was in Vienna a few years ago I tried something called Waldviertler
Erdäpfelnudeln mit Buttermohn und Apfelmu which was translated as potato
noodles with ground poppy seeds (and butter, and powdered sugar) served
with applesauce on the side - it was good!

http://www.ftupet.com/upload/erdapfelnudeln_etc.jpg

Thomas[_8_] 15-07-2019 10:08 PM

Odd noodle dishes

I do halushki with cottage. For me it is a must. Sour cream if no cottage.