Old 12-07-2019, 11:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Time to add a little pineapple in the mix

I just made another batch of chili, except this time I used about a
pound and a half of beef more veggies and yes some pineapple. I made
this batch a bit spicier also. I dont know why it just turned out that
way, but it goes really good with the pineapple.
--

"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy

Old 13-07-2019, 12:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

What is the batch? Sounds good but what is it?
Old 13-07-2019, 01:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 16:11:41 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

What is the batch? Sounds good but what is it?

I had to go look for the ingredient list that I posted several months
ago...

The thing about browning the beef beforehand is you get to drain off a
lot of fat and cholesterol...

This last batch of chili that I made did not follow a recipe. I just
threw in what I wanted and it was freakin awesome...

Here is what I remember...

Browned the beef after I chopped onions I added those and chopped
carrots and added those also various color bell peppers
By that time the excess oil was ready to be
drained so I just poured it into a bowl to be used at another time to
make french fries. A can of Bushes Black beans the entire can, then
Bushes chili beans, I put the beans in a bowl and used a potato masher
to mash up the beans a bit.Then I added a pack of McCormick gluten
free chili
https://www.google.com/search?q=gluten+free+McCormic+chili&rlz=1C1AVNE_en US716US716&oq=gluten+free+McCormic+chili&aqs=chrom e..69i57.11423j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
spice. It is just an easy way to get a bunch of spices in at once then
added about several tablespoons of sriracha sauce I added a little
extra paprika salt and black pepper. Lastly I added about 1/4 cup of
ketchup. Then I let it simmer for about 20 mins
to let the veg soften and the flavors to combine. After all if that I
finely chopped some pineapple about a cup after chopped and added and
stirred well. I let that sir while the chili cooled enough to eat,
about another 10 minutes.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Old 13-07-2019, 06:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-13, wrote:

.....paprika salt....

Never heard of it, but it sounds easy enough to make!

Is it something I might find on the grocer's shelf, easily?

What's init?

nb

Old 14-07-2019, 05:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-13, wrote:

.....paprika salt....

Never heard of it, but it sounds easy enough to make!

Is it something I might find on the grocer's shelf, easily?

What's init?

nb

Yes salt is very easy to get at the store.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____

Old 14-07-2019, 08:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Not in Bothel WA

Wow. Best post.

I am wrapping my head around pineapple in chili. Kidney been chili is on the menu. Maybe a sampler.
Old 14-07-2019, 10:49 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 12:13:20 PM UTC-10, wrote:
I just made another batch of chili, except this time I used about a
pound and a half of beef more veggies and yes some pineapple. I made
this batch a bit spicier also. I dont know why it just turned out that
way, but it goes really good with the pineapple.
--

"There are idiots among us, and they all believe in a god"
~Toidi Uoy

I have made chili with pineapple. It's not a bad idea. The next time your chili has been a little too hot, try eating some fresh pineapple to cool down the burn. Some people like to drink a little milk to put out the fire but fresh pineapple works a lot better.
Old 15-07-2019, 01:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
I have made chili with pineapple.

That's truly disgusting.

Old 15-07-2019, 02:29 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 2:18:59 PM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:
dsi1 wrote:
I have made chili with pineapple.

That's truly disgusting.

Once one accepts the idea of making a bowl of red with rattlesnake, "truly disgusting" would be a term that's no longer useful or applicable.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-2117639

Old 15-07-2019, 03:27 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
I have made chili with pineapple.

That's truly disgusting.

Once one accepts the idea of making a bowl of red with rattlesnake, "truly disgusting" would be a term that's no longer useful or applicable.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-2117639

I never ate rattlesnake, but have heard its good. But pineapple
ruins any dish it is added to. Horrible stuff, but can be used as a
meat tenderizer if yoose can stomach the taste.

Old 15-07-2019, 03:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
I have made chili with pineapple.

That's truly disgusting.

Once one accepts the idea of making a bowl of red with rattlesnake, "truly disgusting" would be a term that's no longer useful or applicable.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-2117639

I never ate rattlesnake, but have heard its good. But pineapple
ruins any dish it is added to. Horrible stuff, but can be used as a
meat tenderizer if yoose can stomach the taste.

Rattlesnake - that's truly disgusting.
Old 15-07-2019, 03:56 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
I have made chili with pineapple.

That's truly disgusting.

Once one accepts the idea of making a bowl of red with rattlesnake, "truly disgusting" would be a term that's no longer useful or applicable.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...recipe-2117639

I never ate rattlesnake, but have heard its good. But pineapple
ruins any dish it is added to. Horrible stuff, but can be used as a
meat tenderizer if yoose can stomach the taste.

Rattlesnake - that's truly disgusting.

With or without pineapple?

Old 15-07-2019, 05:35 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 9:27:18 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

pineapple
ruins any dish it is added to. Horrible stuff.

Very good in desserts and orange-pineapple juice is quite tasty.