Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sriracha maker Huy Fong ordered to pay millions in damages to chili pepper supplier Underwood Ranches

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...al_taboolafeed
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...al_taboolafeed

That's very bad news. Just awful, bad, news. David Tran should be given a medal for enriching the lives of millions of Americans and Hawaiians.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...al_taboolafeed

> That's very bad news. Just awful, bad, news. David Tran should be given a medal for enriching the lives of millions of Americans and Hawaiians.

See, thats what happens when you come to the mainland.

ROCK GOOD

MAINLAND BAD

ASIANS GOOD

HONKEYS BAD

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...al_taboolafeed

> That's very bad news. Just awful, bad, news. David Tran should be given a medal for enriching the lives of millions of Americans and Hawaiians.

the lack of much meaningful information in that
article makes me feel rather embarrassed for the
paper and author.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 10:56:19 AM UTC-10, Hank Rogers wrote:.

> HONKEYS BAD

Sriracha is the main ingredient in Hawaii's most favorite dish: spicy ahi poke. Where would we be without Sriracha? We'd be in a place without hope.

http://tworedbowls.com/2013/06/17/spicy-ahi-poke/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 1:49:20 PM UTC-10, songbird wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> >> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...al_taboolafeed

> > That's very bad news. Just awful, bad, news. David Tran should be given a medal for enriching the lives of millions of Americans and Hawaiians.

> the lack of much meaningful information in that
> article makes me feel rather embarrassed for the
> paper and author.
>

> songbird

I'm not embarrassed. We're used to that kind of reporting. All you old farts that took journalism back in college can just throw everything you ever learned out the window. This is the new journalism. In the end, you end up with more questions than when you started.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 18:37:28 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 12:47:32 -0600, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>
>> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...al_taboolafeed

>That's interesting but the article didn't really say shit (not your
>fault, just dead-ended reporting like so much of it these days).
>
>From what I know of Huy Fong they have never raised their prices
>since Day 1 of incorporation. While Framers get paid less and less
>per the actual cost of goods and living. So I assume Huy Fong paid
>tried to pay the same, but the farmers didn't go for it.
>
>This is why you never source all your raw goods from the same
>basket. Melindas/Marie Sharp (also hot sauces) got into the same
>shitfest over peppers (Marie Sharp lost, but she was a mooching ****
>anyway).
>
>-sw

as I recall from reading about it several months ago, you are correct.
The issue is as you speculated. Huy Fong did want to continue the
same deal.
Apparently the peppers provide the taste we are accustomed to and
another pepper is expected to change the flavor. So everybody got
their knickers in a twist and that resolved to the damages payment.
You'll have to let us know, Steve, if the flavor changes.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 19:37:33 -0400, songbird >
wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:
>> On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
>>> https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...al_taboolafeed

>> That's very bad news. Just awful, bad, news. David Tran should be given a medal for enriching the lives of millions of Americans and Hawaiians.

> the lack of much meaningful information in that
>article makes me feel rather embarrassed for the
>paper and author.
>

> songbird

It really isn't much clearer in the many articles out there.
Perhaps this:
https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/lo...on/1596810001/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 4:45:15 PM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 19:37:33 -0400, songbird >
> wrote:
>
> >dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> That's very bad news. Just awful, bad, news. David Tran should be given a medal for enriching the lives of millions of Americans and Hawaiians.

> > the lack of much meaningful information in that
> >article makes me feel rather embarrassed for the
> >paper and author.
> >

> > songbird

> It really isn't much clearer in the many articles out there.
> Perhaps this:
> https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/lo...on/1596810001/

Sriracha is made from jalapenos? Holy mackerel! This is what happens when people get greedy. They each shot themselves in the foot then they shot each other in the head. It's a big bloody shame!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S Janet B wrote:
> Apparently the peppers provide the taste we are accustomed to and
> another pepper is expected to change the flavor. So everybody got
> their knickers in a twist and that resolved to the damages payment.
> You'll have to let us know, Steve, if the flavor changes.

California Jalapeno, not going to be that unique IMO. since
there is no sign of Huy Fong running out of sauce over the past
few years i think he's already got other suppliers.

p.s. there's a vid of them making the sauce, it's rather
impressive how big that warehouse stacked full of barrels of
peppers is...

i had to check it out because sriracha sauce is my ketchup.

songbird

Posted to rec.food.cooking

U.S Janet B wrote:
> It really isn't much clearer in the many articles out there.
> Perhaps this:
> https://www.vcstar.com/story/news/lo...on/1596810001/

better at least. thanks.

unfortunately this just goes to show that you
really do want things spelled out in writing when
it comes down to business arrangements...

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> Sriracha is made from jalapenos? Holy mackerel! This is what happens when people get greedy. They each shot themselves in the foot then they shot each other in the head. It's a big bloody shame!

yes, but notice the point in contention was the
worry about losing the contract to Wally's World
if the cost increase was too high.

the price is very low IMO, which is good for
everyone who buys it, but it does put pressure on
the grower and producer to keep those costs in
line.

a large bottle of it costs about $4 which is
pretty cheap - i buy it at a little asian food
store because i like to give them the business
instead.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 3:58:11 AM UTC-10, songbird wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > Sriracha is made from jalapenos? Holy mackerel! This is what happens when people get greedy. They each shot themselves in the foot then they shot each other in the head. It's a big bloody shame!

> yes, but notice the point in contention was the
> worry about losing the contract to Wally's World
> if the cost increase was too high.
>
> the price is very low IMO, which is good for
> everyone who buys it, but it does put pressure on
> the grower and producer to keep those costs in
> line.
>
> a large bottle of it costs about $4 which is
> pretty cheap - i buy it at a little asian food
> store because i like to give them the business
> instead.
>

> songbird

My guess is that one party wanted more money for their peppers and the other wanted to pay less. They probably could have worked it out but that's the way things escalate in divorces.

I first bought Sriracha because the stuff was going for under 2 bucks a bottle. It seemed like a pretty good deal. It was love at first bite.

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/sriracha
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-11 12:52 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 3:58:11 AM UTC-10, songbird wrote:

>> a large bottle of it costs about $4 which is pretty cheap - i buy
>> it at a little asian food store because i like to give them the
>> business instead.
>>

>> songbird

> My guess is that one party wanted more money for their peppers and
> the other wanted to pay less. They probably could have worked it out
> but that's the way things escalate in divorces.
>
> I first bought Sriracha because the stuff was going for under 2 bucks
> a bottle. It seemed like a pretty good deal. It was love at first
> bite.
> It's pretty good stuff, and a little bit goes a long way.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 7:01:38 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-07-11 12:52 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> > On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 3:58:11 AM UTC-10, songbird wrote:

> >> a large bottle of it costs about $4 which is pretty cheap - i buy
> >> it at a little asian food store because i like to give them the
> >> business instead.
> >>

> >> songbird

> > My guess is that one party wanted more money for their peppers and
> > the other wanted to pay less. They probably could have worked it out
> > but that's the way things escalate in divorces.
> >
> > I first bought Sriracha because the stuff was going for under 2 bucks
> > a bottle. It seemed like a pretty good deal. It was love at first
> > bite.
> > It's pretty good stuff, and a little bit goes a long way.

What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it. Asians like to do that with their sauces.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it. Asians like to do that with their sauces.

i don't think it is super sweet. the recipe looks like
100lbs per vat.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 9:17:29 AM UTC-10, songbird wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it. Asians like to do that with their sauces.

> i don't think it is super sweet. the recipe looks like
> 100lbs per vat.
>

> songbird

It has a distinct garlic and sweet taste. That's a win-win for me. Seconds after tasting the stuff, I knew it was a whole new world and everything was going to change. Indeed it has - it changed the way Hawaiians eat poke.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 3:36:29 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 9:17:29 AM UTC-10, songbird wrote:
> > dsi1 wrote:
> > > What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it. Asians like to do that with their sauces.

> > i don't think it is super sweet. the recipe looks like
> > 100lbs per vat.
> >

> > songbird

> It has a distinct garlic and sweet taste. That's a win-win for me. Seconds after tasting the stuff, I knew it was a whole new world and everything was going to change. Indeed it has - it changed the way Hawaiians eat poke.

I like it--oddly enough--on a Syrian kebab pita sandwich.

Not just that, of course, but it's a notable mix of cuisines.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:36:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 7:01:38 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > My guess is that one party wanted more money for their peppers and
>> > the other wanted to pay less. They probably could have worked it out
>> > but that's the way things escalate in divorces.
>> >
>> > I first bought Sriracha because the stuff was going for under 2 bucks
>> > a bottle. It seemed like a pretty good deal. It was love at first
>> > bite.
>> > It's pretty good stuff, and a little bit goes a long way.

>What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it.
>Asians like to do that with their sauces.

The most ridiculous blanket statement ever.
Asia is a big place with a very diverse population... anyone know the
population of Asia?
http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:36:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:

>> What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it.
>> Asians like to do that with their sauces.

> The most ridiculous blanket statement ever.
> Asia is a big place with a very diverse population... anyone know the
> population of Asia?

http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

Popeye, when I first met yoose wife down in agua prieta mexico, at
the donkey show, she was the star, and main attraction, and she said
they put a grease made with hung foy sauce on the donkey's diks to
numb them and made them super hard.

I watched yoose old lady stroking them donkey schlongs till they got
hard, then rolling over for the Popeye experience of her life!

Then I left the show, and went to the main town whorehouse that all
military soldiers visit in that place.

I didn't see yoose, nor the mexican woman again.

I expect that donkey softened her **** enough that even yoose could
whack it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 10:51:03 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:36:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it.
> >Asians like to do that with their sauces.

> The most ridiculous blanket statement ever.
> Asia is a big place with a very diverse population... anyone know the
> population of Asia?
> http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

Maybe it's just me that will add sugar to Japanese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Korean, and Chinese, dishes and sauces - but I doubt it. Since you believe that the Chinese cook rice in woks, I'm just going to have to shine you on. That's the breaks, man. ;p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

songbird wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
>> What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it. Asians like to do that with their sauces.

> i don't think it is super sweet. the recipe looks like
> 100lbs per vat.
>

> songbird

Druce is urinating on the sauce because it is made in USA. Druce
HAtes AMERICANS more than popeye hates his brother and other faggots.

dsi1 is urinating on the sauce because it is not made on his rock.
And the company hires many honkeys and mexicans and Africans. These
people are not acceptable to him.

I have a bottle of the sauce in my refrigerator. It will remain
there even after these racists die. I know that mexicans, asians and
africans were involved in it's manufacture. It does not bother me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:06:31 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 10:51:03 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:36:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it.
>> >Asians like to do that with their sauces.

>> The most ridiculous blanket statement ever.
>> Asia is a big place with a very diverse population... anyone know the
>> population of Asia?
>> http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

>Maybe it's just me that will add sugar to Japanese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Korean, and Chinese, dishes and sauces - but I doubt it. Since you believe that the Chinese cook rice in woks, I'm just going to have to shine you on. That's the breaks, man. ;p

Sugar's the big pacifier.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:42:29 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:51:00 -0400, wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:36:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>>>What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it.
>>>Asians like to do that with their sauces.

>> The most ridiculous blanket statement ever.
>> Asia is a big place with a very diverse population... anyone know the
>> population of Asia?

http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

>AMERICANIZED Chinese restaurants (especially those in Hawaii) like
>to do that. Otherwise, not so much in China itself.

I guess those Hawaiians are completely confused with their mix of
cultures. So they add sugar to all their food to keep everybody happy.
Mixed cultures always lose authenticity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 10:45:17 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:42:29 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:51:00 -0400, wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:36:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

>>> The most ridiculous blanket statement ever.
>>> Asia is a big place with a very diverse population... anyone know the
>>> population of Asia?

http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

>>AMERICANIZED Chinese restaurants (especially those in Hawaii) like
>>to do that. Otherwise, not so much in China itself.

>I guess those Hawaiians are completely confused with their mix of
>cultures. So they add sugar to all their food to keep everybody happy.
>Mixed cultures always lose authenticity.

A very large part of Asia is Russia... they are not into sweet
spicy-peppery hot foods.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

>>>AMERICANIZED Chinese restaurants (especially those in Hawaii) like
>>>to do that. Otherwise, not so much in China itself.

>>I guess those Hawaiians are completely confused with their mix of
>>cultures. So they add sugar to all their food to keep everybody happy.
>>Mixed cultures always lose authenticity.

>A very large part of Asia is Russia... they are not into sweet
>spicy-peppery hot foods.

And a lot of the Arab world is in Asia.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 9:17:29 AM UTC-10, songbird wrote:
>> dsi1 wrote:
>> > What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it. Asians like to do that with their sauces.

>> i don't think it is super sweet. the recipe looks like
>> 100lbs per vat.

> It has a distinct garlic and sweet taste. That's a win-win for me. Seconds after tasting the stuff, I knew it was a whole new world and everything was going to change. Indeed it has - it changed the way Hawaiians eat poke.

i just like it because it is an easy form of spice/heat
to add to things that i can do because Mom does not like
hot stuff at all so she can make whatever and i can give
it some zip on my side of the table and all is well.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 5:01:41 PM UTC-10, songbird wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> >>
> >> i don't think it is super sweet. the recipe looks like
> >> 100lbs per vat.

> > It has a distinct garlic and sweet taste. That's a win-win for me. Seconds after tasting the stuff, I knew it was a whole new world and everything was going to change. Indeed it has - it changed the way Hawaiians eat poke..

> i just like it because it is an easy form of spice/heat
> to add to things that i can do because Mom does not like
> hot stuff at all so she can make whatever and i can give
> it some zip on my side of the table and all is well.
>

> songbird

It's pretty much a perfect product. Even the packaging is perfect. Crystal clear to show off it's brilliant, deep, scarlet hue. The shiny surface of the bottle makes it look like clear coat on a Lexus. The green cap provides a wonderful visual counterpoint to the redness below. The cap even works great. How many bottles of hot sauce can make that claim?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 7:06:34 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 10:51:03 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
> > On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:36:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > > wrote:

> > >What's unusual about Sriracha is the large amount of sugar in it.
> > >Asians like to do that with their sauces.

> > The most ridiculous blanket statement ever.
> > Asia is a big place with a very diverse population... anyone know the
> > population of Asia?
> > http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

> Maybe it's just me that will add sugar to Japanese, Vietnamese, Filipino, Korean, and Chinese, dishes and sauces - but I doubt it. Since you believe that the Chinese cook rice in woks, I'm just going to have to shine you on. That's the breaks, man. ;p

There's more to Asia than those 4 countries. To be precise, 48 countries:

<https://www.worldometers.info/geography/how-many-countries-in-asia/>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 8:45:22 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:42:29 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 16:51:00 -0400, wrote:
> >
> >> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 10:36:13 -0700 (PDT), dsi1

> >> The most ridiculous blanket statement ever.
> >> Asia is a big place with a very diverse population... anyone know the
> >> population of Asia?

http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

> >AMERICANIZED Chinese restaurants (especially those in Hawaii) like
> >to do that. Otherwise, not so much in China itself.

> I guess those Hawaiians are completely confused with their mix of
> cultures. So they add sugar to all their food to keep everybody happy.
> Mixed cultures always lose authenticity.

Authenticity isn't everything. What happens when a new food is introduced
into a country? Let's say: chile peppers. Does authentic cookery eschew
or embrace the new ingredient?

Cindy Hamilton

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 02:55:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 8:45:22 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 11 Jul 2019 19:42:29 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:

http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

>> >AMERICANIZED Chinese restaurants (especially those in Hawaii) like
>> >to do that. Otherwise, not so much in China itself.

>> I guess those Hawaiians are completely confused with their mix of
>> cultures. So they add sugar to all their food to keep everybody happy.
>> Mixed cultures always lose authenticity.

>Authenticity isn't everything. What happens when a new food is introduced
>into a country? Let's say: chile peppers. Does authentic cookery eschew
>or embrace the new ingredient?

I agree it's not all about authenticity. But if dsi1 needs sugar for
everything, he can keep his Hawaii food. May I suggest ketchup to him?
Tastes great over everything!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 6:12:42 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 02:55:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 8:45:22 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

> >> I guess those Hawaiians are completely confused with their mix of
> >> cultures. So they add sugar to all their food to keep everybody happy.
> >> Mixed cultures always lose authenticity.

> >Authenticity isn't everything. What happens when a new food is introduced
> >into a country? Let's say: chile peppers. Does authentic cookery eschew
> >or embrace the new ingredient?

> I agree it's not all about authenticity. But if dsi1 needs sugar for
> everything, he can keep his Hawaii food. May I suggest ketchup to him?
> Tastes great over everything!

Those four cuisines he mentioned rely on a balance of sweet, sour, salty,
and bitter for their characteristic flavor profiles. Thai is famed for
it, but the others have it as well. For example:

<https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-food/food-flavors.htm>

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 03:25:00 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 6:12:42 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 02:55:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
>> > wrote:

http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

>> >Authenticity isn't everything. What happens when a new food is introduced
>> >into a country? Let's say: chile peppers. Does authentic cookery eschew
>> >or embrace the new ingredient?

>> I agree it's not all about authenticity. But if dsi1 needs sugar for
>> everything, he can keep his Hawaii food. May I suggest ketchup to him?
>> Tastes great over everything!

>Those four cuisines he mentioned rely on a balance of sweet, sour, salty,
>and bitter for their characteristic flavor profiles. Thai is famed for
>it, but the others have it as well. For example:
>
><https://www.chinahighlights.com/travelguide/chinese-food/food-flavors.htm>

I know, grasshopper. Indonesian often uses a bit of gula djawa too,
but the little fella and his "Asians" seem to have an exceptionally
sweet tooth!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dsi1 wrote:
> It's pretty much a perfect product. Even the packaging is perfect. Crystal clear to show off it's brilliant, deep, scarlet hue. The shiny surface of the bottle makes it look like clear coat on a Lexus. The green cap provides a wonderful visual counterpoint to the redness below. The cap even works great. How many bottles of hot sauce can make that claim?

well, i don't find the caps particularly well made.
the most recent one on the large bottle plugs a bit
and doesn't twist easy or seal well all the time. it
doesn't matter that much as i probably can find another
one from a previous bottle i might have around (i tend
to keep things if i think i might use them again somehow
and a small squirt bottle would be useful...).

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-12 5:55 a.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> I guess those Hawaiians are completely confused with their mix of
>> cultures. So they add sugar to all their food to keep everybody
>> happy. Mixed cultures always lose authenticity.

> Authenticity isn't everything. What happens when a new food is
> introduced into a country? Let's say: chile peppers. Does
> authentic cookery eschew or embrace the new ingredient?

Major components of international cookery were adopted from the foods
discovered in the New World. Potatoes and corn became major factors in
the European diet. Tomatoes became an essential for Italian food.
Indian and Asian adopted hot chilis, all from South America.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 12:12:42 AM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 02:55:58 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
>
> >On Thursday, July 11, 2019 at 8:45:22 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

http://worldpopulationreview.com/con...ia-population/

> >> I guess those Hawaiians are completely confused with their mix of
> >> cultures. So they add sugar to all their food to keep everybody happy.
> >> Mixed cultures always lose authenticity.

> >Authenticity isn't everything. What happens when a new food is introduced
> >into a country? Let's say: chile peppers. Does authentic cookery eschew
> >or embrace the new ingredient?

> I agree it's not all about authenticity. But if dsi1 needs sugar for
> everything, he can keep his Hawaii food. May I suggest ketchup to him?
> Tastes great over everything!

That's simply not true. The Hawaiians, Polynesians, Americans, Portuguese, Puerto Ricans, have flavor profiles that don't include much sugar. I'll use sugar when it's appropriate - not on everything.

Your ignorance about the cuisines of this rock and cooking in general shows every time yoose opens yer trap. I don't mind though. After all, it's your funeral. Your stinkin' rotten corpse will displayed open casket for all to see for long, long, time. ;P
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 2:12:05 AM UTC-10, songbird wrote:
> dsi1 wrote:
> > It's pretty much a perfect product. Even the packaging is perfect. Crystal clear to show off it's brilliant, deep, scarlet hue. The shiny surface of the bottle makes it look like clear coat on a Lexus. The green cap provides a wonderful visual counterpoint to the redness below. The cap even works great. How many bottles of hot sauce can make that claim?

> well, i don't find the caps particularly well made.
> the most recent one on the large bottle plugs a bit
> and doesn't twist easy or seal well all the time. it
> doesn't matter that much as i probably can find another
> one from a previous bottle i might have around (i tend
> to keep things if i think i might use them again somehow
> and a small squirt bottle would be useful...).
>

> songbird

You have a point there. The cap does tend to clog. I suppose the experience will vary depending on how often one uses the product and how well the cap is tightened. My guess is that the occasional cleaning would be a good idea. I just like to blast through any obstructions.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

lid writes:
>On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 19:37:33 -0400, songbird wrote:
>
>> dsi1 wrote:
>>> On Wednesday, July 10, 2019 at 8:47:39 AM UTC-10, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...al_taboolafeed

>>> That's very bad news. Just awful, bad, news. David Tran should be

>given a medal for enriching the lives of millions of Americans and
>Hawaiians.
>>
>> the lack of much meaningful information in that
>> article makes me feel rather embarrassed for the
>> paper and author.

>Quality reporting has gone to shit in the last few years. Click
>bait is much more profitable and easier to pump out with less
>liability. Journalism is dead.
>
>-sw

it took me literally less than 10 seconds to open Google news, type
"sriracha contract," and find this as the second search result:

<https://www.sgvtribune.com/2019/07/09/jury-says-sriracha-manufacturer-owes-former-pepper-farmer-millions/>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

lid writes:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...al_taboolafeed

>>>given a medal for enriching the lives of millions of Americans and
>>>Hawaiians.

>>>Quality reporting has gone to shit in the last few years. Click
>>>bait is much more profitable and easier to pump out with less
>>>liability. Journalism is dead.

>> it took me literally less than 10 seconds to open Google news, type
>> "sriracha contract," and find this as the second search result:
>>

><https://www.sgvtribune.com/2019/07/09/jury-says-sriracha-manufacturer-owes-former-pepper-farmer-millions/>
>
>And the other articles from other mainline news sites? That's what
>we were complaining about.
>
>Get with it, terd.
>
>-sw

"Journalism is dead." --Steve Wertz

nothing anything about mainline news sites in that incorrect, broad
statement

Posted to rec.food.cooking

lid writes:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-a...al_taboolafeed

>>><https://www.sgvtribune.com/2019/07/09/jury-says-sriracha-manufacturer-owes-former-pepper-farmer-millions/>
>>>
>>>And the other articles from other mainline news sites? That's what
>>>we were complaining about.
>>>
>>>Get with it, terd.
>>>
>>>-sw

>> "Journalism is dead." --Steve Wertz
>>
>> nothing anything about mainline news sites in that incorrect, broad
>> statement

>Of course, everybody reads the San Gabriel Valley Tribune daily.
>
>Whenever anybody says something on the Internet, some anal asshole
>will find an exception to "prove you wrong" regardless of any
>literary licenses you've used.
>
>****ing terd, nailing it as usual!!! <high five>
>
>-sw

oh the irony