Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner 7/8/2019

Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
(green veggie to be determined)

Both require a light brushing of olive oil. The swordfish steak will be
seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Ditto the
potatoes. I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 5:53:05 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
> (green veggie to be determined)
>
> Jill

Kroger's low-fat frozen yogurt chocolate 'ice cream' for dinner tonight here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
> (green veggie to be determined)
>
> Both require a light brushing of olive oil. The swordfish steak will be
> seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Ditto the
> potatoes. I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.

Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an iceberg.
As such, I had to cook some stuff that I had not intended to. I could fit
some in the kitchen freezer. Was going to make Pad Thai. Will push that off
until tomorrow. Will make the beef roast either late tomorrow or the next
day, depending on when it thaws. I have blue potatoes to roast with it.

Meanwhile, I baked two small frozen pizzas. Those are now gone. Baked two
kinds of mini pupusas. There are still some left. Will not buy the jalapeno
and cheese ones again. Too hot for me! Also cooked some chicken tenderloins
and thin pork chops. There is brown rice, quinoa pilaf and lentils in the
fridge as well as a tossed salad.

I'll be having some kind of pasta and meatballs. I got them on sale at some
point and they're not gluten free so I'll have to eat them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8 Jul 2019 jmcquown wrote:

>Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
>Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
>(green veggie to be determined)
>
>Both require a light brushing of olive oil. The swordfish steak will be
>seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Ditto the
>potatoes. I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.
>
>Jill

I enjoy fresh dill too.
Sounds Dee-Lish... just needs a wedge of lemon to squeeze... then
place the rind in your glass. that's what I do... waste not want not!
LOL

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2019 8:27 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
>> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
>> (green veggie to be determined)
>>
>> Both require a light brushing of olive oil.Â* The swordfish steak will
>> be seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.Â* Ditto the
>> potatoes.Â* I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.

> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an
> iceberg.

(snippage)

Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent
problems with your household appliances and food. We all know who
you're talking about and I, for one, don't really care. My post wasn't
an invitation for you to tell stories that guy or things that went wrong
(or what you had to cook but hadn't intended to). This wasn't supposed
to be your dramatic moment.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/8/2019 8:27 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
>>> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
>>> (green veggie to be determined)
>>>
>>> Both require a light brushing of olive oil.Â* The swordfish steak
>>> will be seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder.Â
>>> Ditto the potatoes.Â* I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.

>> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed
>> an iceberg.

> (snippage)
>
> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent
> problems with your household appliances and food.* We all know who
> you're talking about and I, for one, don't really care.* My post
> wasn't an invitation for you to tell stories that guy or things that
> went wrong (or what you had to cook but hadn't intended to).* This
> wasn't supposed to be your dramatic moment.
>
> Jill

You don't suppose the guy with the turban snuck into her garage?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/8/2019 7:22 PM, wrote:
>> On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 5:53:05 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
>>> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
>>> (green veggie to be determined)
>>>
>>> Jill
>>>

>> Kroger's low-fat frozen yogurt chocolate 'ice cream' for dinner tonight
>> here.
>>

> I'm cooking dinner of a swordfish steak and boiled then roasted potatoes.
> The green veggie to go with it could be anything.
>
> I don't really think about ice cream or dessert as dinner. You'd really
> have to explain that to get me to understand it.

Some people like that.

I remember my mom taking me to Grant's (Dime Store) for a "treat" lunch of a
banana split. I'd never had one before but only because it didn't look
appealing to me. I didn't like anything that went into a banana split so I
didn't want to try it.

Normally I had a stuffed tomato. Might be stuffed with cottage cheese,
chicken salad or tuna salad. I didn't care which. I loved them all. Jo, the
cook/waitress always threw a hot dog bun on the grill to go with it. They
were the type used for lobster rolls. No clue where they got them as I've
never seen them for sale here.

My mom tried a big build up about the banana split and told me that I was
going to love it and what a special treat it was and not to tell my dad that
I'd had it.

As it turned out, I didn't have it. I tried a tiny taste of each part of it,
then fought back the tears. I was hungry but there was no way I could eat
that. For some reason, my mom likes to have sweets as a meal. Not me. They
leave me feeling unwell and hungry.

Some years back, before melon gave me stomach pains, I would hollow out half
a honeydew or cantaloupe and fill it with fruit and sorbet, sherbet or
cottage cheese and that would be a meal on a hot day. I preferred mine with
cottage cheese though. And sometimes I'll have an apple with peanut butter
for a meal. That's slightly sweet but not enough to sicken me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/8/2019 8:27 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
>>> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
>>> (green veggie to be determined)
>>>
>>> Both require a light brushing of olive oil. The swordfish steak will be
>>> seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Ditto the
>>> potatoes. I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.

>> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an
>> iceberg.

> (snippage)
>
> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent problems
> with your household appliances and food. We all know who you're talking
> about and I, for one, don't really care. My post wasn't an invitation for
> you to tell stories that guy or things that went wrong (or what you had to
> cook but hadn't intended to). This wasn't supposed to be your dramatic
> moment.

There was no hint. I have no clue who did it. For all I know, I might have
done it when I tossed the cases of paper towels back there. There was no
drama.

I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what you
cooked but I can't?

*Mutters under my breath and goes off to heat my meatballs*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an
>>> iceberg.

>> (snippage)
>>
>> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent problems
>> with your household appliances and food. We all know who you're talking
>> about and I, for one, don't really care. My post wasn't an invitation for
>> you to tell stories that guy or things that went wrong (or what you had
>> to cook but hadn't intended to). This wasn't supposed to be your dramatic
>> moment.
>>
>> Jill

> You don't suppose the guy with the turban snuck into her garage?

Sure. He he did it with his broom. News at 11.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk
"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/8/2019 8:27 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
>>> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
>>> (green veggie to be determined)
>>>
>>> Both require a light brushing of olive oil. The swordfish steak will be
>>> seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Ditto the
>>> potatoes. I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.

>> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an
>> iceberg.

> (snippage)
>
> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent problems
> with your household appliances and food. We all know who you're talking
> about and I, for one, don't really care. My post wasn't an invitation for
> you to tell stories that guy or things that went wrong (or what you had to
> cook but hadn't intended to). This wasn't supposed to be your dramatic
> moment.

There was no hint. I have no clue who did it. For all I know, I might have
done it when I tossed the cases of paper towels back there. There was no
drama.

I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what you
cooked but I can't?

*Mutters under my breath and goes off to heat my meatballs*

===

Yep!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 6:53:05 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
> (green veggie to be determined)
>
> Both require a light brushing of olive oil. The swordfish steak will be
> seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Ditto the
> potatoes. I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.
>
> Jill

That sounds good. We had grilled New York strip and salad. I had a
slice of bread. A nice, simple meal after a day at work. I almost
hate long weekends, since it's hard to go back to work. I just want
to stay home and play.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> And sometimes I'll have an apple with peanut butter
> for a meal. That's slightly sweet but not enough to sicken me.

Occasionally, I like a snack (or a meal) of just sliced apples,
sliced sharp cheddar cheese, put on a good cracker (not saltines)
eaten as an open faced sandwich.

And speaking of peanut butter, I had one of your favorite snacks
yesterday. One slice of bread toasted then immediately (while
toast is hot) slathered with peanut butter so it's all melty and
gooey. Eat it immediately while it's still warm and gooey. lol

Just teasing you there but I did eat that yesterday. I like it.
Even better to slap a slice of swiss cheese on top to soften.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what you
> cooked but I can't?
>
> *Mutters under my breath and goes off to heat my meatballs*

No need to argue with Jill. She just hates you and always turns
into McBiddy whenever you write. Seems to be a princess vs
princess thing. Others here told what they cooked but she only
fires off at you. This is why I pick on her occasionally.

One of you two (or both) need to put the other in their killfile
and just ignore each other.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/8/2019 11:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an
>>> iceberg.

>> (snippage)
>>
>> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent
>> problems with your household appliances and food.Â* We all know who
>> you're talking about and I, for one, don't really care.Â* My post
>> wasn't an invitation for you to tell stories that guy or things that
>> went wrong (or what you had to cook but hadn't intended to).Â* This
>> wasn't supposed to be your dramatic moment.

> There was no hint. I have no clue who did it. For all I know, I might
> have done it when I tossed the cases of paper towels back there. There
> was no drama.

You turned it into drama when you said "someone" left the freezer open
and created an "iceberg".

I really don't see how tossing paper towels into the garage where the
freezer is could manage to prop the freezer door open. Maybe blame it
on the goat.

> I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what
> you cooked but I can't?
>
> *Mutters under my breath and goes off to heat my meatballs*

From what you posted, you didn't actually make those meatballs. You
wrote: "I'll be having some kind of pasta and meatballs. I got them on
sale at some point and they're not gluten free so I'll have to eat
them." Okay... enjoy that pre-prepared not gluten free whatever.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" wrote in message ...

"Hank Rogers" > wrote in message
> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an
>>> iceberg.

>> (snippage)
>>
>> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent problems
>> with your household appliances and food. We all know who you're talking
>> about and I, for one, don't really care. My post wasn't an invitation for
>> you to tell stories that guy or things that went wrong (or what you had
>> to cook but hadn't intended to). This wasn't supposed to be your dramatic
>> moment.
>>
>> Jill

> You don't suppose the guy with the turban snuck into her garage?

Sure. He he did it with his broom. News at 11.

===

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 8:08:53 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/8/2019 11:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> >> (snippage)
> >>
> >> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent
> >> problems with your household appliances and food.Â* We all know who
> >> you're talking about and I, for one, don't really care.Â* My post
> >> wasn't an invitation for you to tell stories that guy or things that
> >> went wrong (or what you had to cook but hadn't intended to).Â* This
> >> wasn't supposed to be your dramatic moment.

> > There was no hint. I have no clue who did it. For all I know, I might
> > have done it when I tossed the cases of paper towels back there. There
> > was no drama.

> You turned it into drama when you said "someone" left the freezer open
> and created an "iceberg".
>
> I really don't see how tossing paper towels into the garage where the
> freezer is could manage to prop the freezer door open. Maybe blame it
> on the goat.
>
> > I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what
> > you cooked but I can't?
> >
> > *Mutters under my breath and goes off to heat my meatballs*

> From what you posted, you didn't actually make those meatballs. You
> wrote: "I'll be having some kind of pasta and meatballs. I got them on
> sale at some point and they're not gluten free so I'll have to eat
> them." Okay... enjoy that pre-prepared not gluten free whatever.
>
> Jill

If she heats and eats them, they're her meatballs. When I go to
a restaurant, it's still my lunch.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > From what you posted, you didn't actually make those meatballs. You
> > wrote: "I'll be having some kind of pasta and meatballs. I got them on
> > sale at some point and they're not gluten free so I'll have to eat
> > them." Okay... enjoy that pre-prepared not gluten free whatever.
> >
> > Jill

> If she heats and eats them, they're her meatballs. When I go to
> a restaurant, it's still my lunch.

The other day, I microwaved a cheap Banquet spaghetti and
meatballs dinner. Those taste pretty good to me and lets me
'cook' dinner in the microwave while I take a shower. New on the
label is funny though. It says, "marinara sauce cooked from
scratch." LOL Trying to make it sound like a homemade dinner.
ALL sauces are "cooked from scratch" no matter if you do it
yourself or some company does it for you.

In the same line...I remember when the anti-carb trending craze
first started. I went to buy butter and one brand had a large
alert label on the box... CONTAINS 0 CARBS!!! LMAO
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 20:29:23 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an
>>> iceberg.

>> (snippage)
>>
>> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent problems
>> with your household appliances and food. We all know who you're talking
>> about and I, for one, don't really care. My post wasn't an invitation for
>> you to tell stories that guy or things that went wrong (or what you had to
>> cook but hadn't intended to). This wasn't supposed to be your dramatic
>> moment.

>There was no hint. I have no clue who did it. For all I know, I might have
>done it when I tossed the cases of paper towels back there. There was no
>drama.
>
>I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what you
>cooked but I can't?

Because we saw what Jill cooked, no one has ever seen anything you
claimed to have cooked.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 08:05:53 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what you
>> cooked but I can't?
>>
>> *Mutters under my breath and goes off to heat my meatballs*

>No need to argue with Jill. She just hates you and always turns
>into McBiddy whenever you write. Seems to be a princess vs
>princess thing. Others here told what they cooked but she only
>fires off at you. This is why I pick on her occasionally.
>
>One of you two (or both) need to put the other in their killfile
>and just ignore each other.

Showing and telling what one has cooked are two different ends of the
spectrum... one a fact the other a fabrication.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 18:53:00 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
>Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
>(green veggie to be determined)
>
>Both require a light brushing of olive oil. The swordfish steak will be
>seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Ditto the
>potatoes. I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.
>
>Jill

I haven't seen swordfish since I lived in New Jersey a long time ago.
I loved swordfish
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Hamilton" wrote in message

On Tuesday, July 9, 2019 at 8:08:53 AM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/8/2019 11:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> >> (snippage)
> >>
> >> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent
> >> problems with your household appliances and food. We all know who
> >> you're talking about and I, for one, don't really care. My post
> >> wasn't an invitation for you to tell stories that guy or things that
> >> went wrong (or what you had to cook but hadn't intended to). This
> >> wasn't supposed to be your dramatic moment.

> > There was no hint. I have no clue who did it. For all I know, I might
> > have done it when I tossed the cases of paper towels back there. There
> > was no drama.

> You turned it into drama when you said "someone" left the freezer open
> and created an "iceberg".
>
> I really don't see how tossing paper towels into the garage where the
> freezer is could manage to prop the freezer door open. Maybe blame it
> on the goat.
>
> > I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what
> > you cooked but I can't?
> >
> > *Mutters under my breath and goes off to heat my meatballs*

> From what you posted, you didn't actually make those meatballs. You
> wrote: "I'll be having some kind of pasta and meatballs. I got them on
> sale at some point and they're not gluten free so I'll have to eat
> them." Okay... enjoy that pre-prepared not gluten free whatever.
>
> Jill

If she heats and eats them, they're her meatballs. When I go to
a restaurant, it's still my lunch.

Cindy Hamilton

===

Exactly!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2019 6:13 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Monday, July 8, 2019 at 6:53:05 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
>> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
>> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
>> (green veggie to be determined)
>>
>> Both require a light brushing of olive oil. The swordfish steak will be
>> seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Ditto the
>> potatoes. I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.
>>
>> Jill

> That sounds good. We had grilled New York strip and salad. I had a
> slice of bread. A nice, simple meal after a day at work. I almost
> hate long weekends, since it's hard to go back to work. I just want
> to stay home and play.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Ooooh, I love a grilled NY strip. I have one in the freezer.
Hopefully the weather will change so I can actually use my grill soon.
It's been stormy and when not storming, windy.

My salad would be fresh warmed spinach. Heat some slivers of garlic in
a skillet in a little light olive oil until fragrant and lightly
browned. Add fresh leaves of spinach, washed and drained well. Cook
until just wilted and heated through. Plate and sprinkle with grated
parmesan, S&P. Serve this with the steak, of course.

I wish you could stay home and play. At least you had an enjoyable long
weekend.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/9/2019 12:08 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 18:53:00 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
>> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
>> (green veggie to be determined)
>>
>> Both require a light brushing of olive oil. The swordfish steak will be
>> seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Ditto the
>> potatoes. I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.
>>
>> Jill

> I haven't seen swordfish since I lived in New Jersey a long time ago.
> I loved swordfish
> Janet US

It's in the freezer case at Publix. I don't buy it very often but I do
enjoy it.

I remember the first time I ever tasted a swordfish steak. It was
(ironically) at a steak house type restaurant. I was about 25 years old
at the time. It was the lunch special so I ordered it. I was expecting
it to taste fishy, somehow. It didn't. It tasted like beef steak. Yet
it was obviously fish.

It still tastes a bit like beef to me. Then again, that might have to
do with the grilling.

I have another swortdfish steak in the freezer. I think the next time
I'll take Sheldon's often touted advice and brush it with mayonnaise
rather than oil. It actually turned out a bit dry this time around.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 08:05:53 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what you
>> cooked but I can't?
>>
>> *Mutters under my breath and goes off to heat my meatballs*

>No need to argue with Jill. She just hates you and always turns
>into McBiddy whenever you write. Seems to be a princess vs
>princess thing. Others here told what they cooked but she only
>fires off at you. This is why I pick on her occasionally.
>
>One of you two (or both) need to put the other in their killfile
>and just ignore each other.

I thought you always said killfiles were for sissies.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 15:27:58 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 01:27 9 Jul 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an
>> iceberg. As such, I had to cook some stuff that I had not intended to. I
>> could fit some in the kitchen freezer. Was going to make Pad Thai. Will
>> push that off until tomorrow. Will make the beef roast either late
>> tomorrow or the next day, depending on when it thaws. I have blue
>> potatoes to roast with it.
>>
>> Meanwhile, I baked two small frozen pizzas. Those are now gone. Baked
>> two kinds of mini pupusas. There are still some left. Will not buy the
>> jalapeno and cheese ones again. Too hot for me! Also cooked some chicken
>> tenderloins and thin pork chops. There is brown rice, quinoa pilaf and
>> lentils in the fridge as well as a tossed salad.
>>
>> I'll be having some kind of pasta and meatballs. I got them on sale at
>> some point and they're not gluten free so I'll have to eat them.

>All sounds very nice. What's the problem with non-gluten free pasta?

What do you think, Sherlock?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 10:51:21 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 21:51 9 Jul 2019, Bruce > wrote:

>>>All sounds very nice. What's the problem with non-gluten free pasta?

>> What do you think, Sherlock?

>Who do you think is going to eat it in this case because I don't know?

Someone who's gluten intolerant? Just guessing, you know.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 13:11:56 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 11:29 10 Jul 2019, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 10:51:21 +0100, Pamela >
>> wrote:

>>>Who do you think is going to eat it in this case because I don't know?

>> Someone who's gluten intolerant? Just guessing, you know.

>If you don't know the situation then why not allow Julie to answer?

She can answer. I just felt like pointing out your question was rather
dense.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 22:10:16 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 21:19 10 Jul 2019, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 13:11:56 +0100, Pamela >
>> wrote:

>>>If you don't know the situation then why not allow Julie to answer?

>> She can answer. I just felt like pointing out your question was rather
>> dense.

>What does that matter to you?

Why does it matter to you what it matters to me?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 13:11:56 +0100, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
>> On 11:29 10 Jul 2019, Bruce > wrote:

>>> Someone who's gluten intolerant? Just guessing, you know.

>> If you don't know the situation then why not allow Julie to answer?

> She can answer. I just felt like pointing out your question was rather
> dense.

Druce, her gardener lives in a tool shed in her yard. He dines with
her and has full access to the house.

Therefore, it is likely that he has contracted any of the many
diseases she has.

There are also thousands of allergies, sensitivities, etc. that he
would have been subjected to. The man is a walking corpse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 22:21:54 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 22:16 10 Jul 2019, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 22:10:16 +0100, Pamela >
>> wrote:

>>>What does that matter to you?

>> Why does it matter to you what it matters to me?

>Ho!
>
>So let me wind it back ... Hey, Julie, what's the problem with gluten-free
>pasta?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/8/2019 11:29 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> (snippage)
>>>
>>> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent
>>> problems with your household appliances and food. We all know who you're
>>> talking about and I, for one, don't really care. My post wasn't an
>>> invitation for you to tell stories that guy or things that went wrong
>>> (or what you had to cook but hadn't intended to). This wasn't supposed
>>> to be your dramatic moment.

>> There was no hint. I have no clue who did it. For all I know, I might
>> have done it when I tossed the cases of paper towels back there. There
>> was no drama.

> You turned it into drama when you said "someone" left the freezer open and
> created an "iceberg".
>
> I really don't see how tossing paper towels into the garage where the
> freezer is could manage to prop the freezer door open. Maybe blame it on
> the goat.

There's no goat here at the moment. It's a small upright. The door was just
slightly open. No one did it on purpose. I am the only one who puts food in
there or takes it out. I'm the one who tossed the paper towels back there.
Not individual rolls but cases. One case could have hit the edge of the door
and opened it slightly. Or someone could have bumped it when they went back
there. I really don't know. No one is to blame and it's all taken care of
now.

>> I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what you
>> cooked but I can't?
>>
>> *Mutters under my breath and goes off to heat my meatballs*

> From what you posted, you didn't actually make those meatballs. You wrote:
> "I'll be having some kind of pasta and meatballs. I got them on sale at
> some point and they're not gluten free so I'll have to eat them." Okay...
> enjoy that pre-prepared not gluten free whatever.

No, I didn't make them. I did cook the rest of the stuff though. I did not
enjoy the meatballs. I don't like meatballs but I still ate them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" > wrote in message ...
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> jmcquown wrote:
>> > From what you posted, you didn't actually make those meatballs. You
>> > wrote: "I'll be having some kind of pasta and meatballs. I got them on
>> > sale at some point and they're not gluten free so I'll have to eat
>> > them." Okay... enjoy that pre-prepared not gluten free whatever.
>> >
>> > Jill

>> If she heats and eats them, they're her meatballs. When I go to
>> a restaurant, it's still my lunch.

> The other day, I microwaved a cheap Banquet spaghetti and
> meatballs dinner. Those taste pretty good to me and lets me
> 'cook' dinner in the microwave while I take a shower. New on the
> label is funny though. It says, "marinara sauce cooked from
> scratch." LOL Trying to make it sound like a homemade dinner.
> ALL sauces are "cooked from scratch" no matter if you do it
> yourself or some company does it for you.
>
> In the same line...I remember when the anti-carb trending craze
> first started. I went to buy butter and one brand had a large
> alert label on the box... CONTAINS 0 CARBS!!! LMAO

I saw something that boasted of real cheese. Eek!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Mon, 8 Jul 2019 20:29:23 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> (snippage)
>>>
>>> Please stop hinting about this "someone" who causes you frequent
>>> problems
>>> with your household appliances and food. We all know who you're talking
>>> about and I, for one, don't really care. My post wasn't an invitation
>>> for
>>> you to tell stories that guy or things that went wrong (or what you had
>>> cook but hadn't intended to). This wasn't supposed to be your dramatic
>>> moment.

>>There was no hint. I have no clue who did it. For all I know, I might have
>>done it when I tossed the cases of paper towels back there. There was no
>>drama.
>>
>>I merely posted what I cooked. Why is it okay for you to tell us what you
>>cooked but I can't?

> Because we saw what Jill cooked, no one has ever seen anything you
> claimed to have cooked.

The people who ate it saw. I don't usually take pics of my food. I do have
one of the soft pretzels. It's on FB. I'll put a link. If you're on FB you
can see it. Don't feel like taking the time to put it in Dropbox.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

That's the Sur La Table platter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pamela" > wrote in message
> On 01:27 9 Jul 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>

>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>> Grill-pan on the stovetop swordfish steak
>>> Boiled then smashed roasted small red potatoes
>>> (green veggie to be determined)
>>>
>>> Both require a light brushing of olive oil. The swordfish steak will
>>> be seasoned with salt, pepper and a little garlic powder. Ditto the
>>> potatoes. I like a sprinkling of dill weed on both.

>> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an
>> iceberg. As such, I had to cook some stuff that I had not intended to. I
>> could fit some in the kitchen freezer. Was going to make Pad Thai. Will
>> push that off until tomorrow. Will make the beef roast either late
>> tomorrow or the next day, depending on when it thaws. I have blue
>> potatoes to roast with it.
>>
>> Meanwhile, I baked two small frozen pizzas. Those are now gone. Baked
>> two kinds of mini pupusas. There are still some left. Will not buy the
>> jalapeno and cheese ones again. Too hot for me! Also cooked some chicken
>> tenderloins and thin pork chops. There is brown rice, quinoa pilaf and
>> lentils in the fridge as well as a tossed salad.
>>
>> I'll be having some kind of pasta and meatballs. I got them on sale at
>> some point and they're not gluten free so I'll have to eat them.

> All sounds very nice. What's the problem with non-gluten free pasta?

Gluten. Gluten makes him sick to his stomach.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 09 Jul 2019 15:27:58 +0100, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
>>On 01:27 9 Jul 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>
>>> Someone left my garage freezer open a little bit so it developed an
>>> iceberg. As such, I had to cook some stuff that I had not intended to. I
>>> could fit some in the kitchen freezer. Was going to make Pad Thai. Will
>>> push that off until tomorrow. Will make the beef roast either late
>>> tomorrow or the next day, depending on when it thaws. I have blue
>>> potatoes to roast with it.
>>>
>>> Meanwhile, I baked two small frozen pizzas. Those are now gone. Baked
>>> two kinds of mini pupusas. There are still some left. Will not buy the
>>> jalapeno and cheese ones again. Too hot for me! Also cooked some chicken
>>> tenderloins and thin pork chops. There is brown rice, quinoa pilaf and
>>> lentils in the fridge as well as a tossed salad.
>>>
>>> I'll be having some kind of pasta and meatballs. I got them on sale at
>>> some point and they're not gluten free so I'll have to eat them.

>>All sounds very nice. What's the problem with non-gluten free pasta?

> What do you think, Sherlock?

He doesn't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 10:51:21 +0100, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
>>On 21:51 9 Jul 2019, Bruce > wrote:

>>> What do you think, Sherlock?

>>Who do you think is going to eat it in this case because I don't know?

> Someone who's gluten intolerant? Just guessing, you know.

The gardener is gluten intolerant. He didn't eat it. I did.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 13:11:56 +0100, Pamela >
> wrote:
>
>>On 11:29 10 Jul 2019, Bruce > wrote:

>>> Someone who's gluten intolerant? Just guessing, you know.

>>If you don't know the situation then why not allow Julie to answer?

> She can answer. I just felt like pointing out your question was rather
> dense.

It was.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 17:00:55 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 10 Jul 2019 10:51:21 +0100, Pamela >
>> wrote:

>>>Who do you think is going to eat it in this case because I don't know?

>> Someone who's gluten intolerant? Just guessing, you know.

>The gardener is gluten intolerant. He didn't eat it. I did.

Yes, I figured as much.