Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Toilet Water

On 2019-07-03 6:51 a.m., Gary wrote:
> Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Everybody drinks the same water that also flushes the toilet. That
>> doesn't mean we drink toilet water.

> Toilet water has always been known as a backup fresh water
> source. Need to be specific though. You don't drink from the
> toilet bowl but from the toilet tank. Nothing wrong with that
> water.

Not unless someone has dine an upper decker.

> Maybe 20 years ago, I had a problem where I had to use the tank
> water. I had just gotten in the shower and lathered my hair with
> shampoo. I had soap all over me and all of the sudden, my water
> went off. WTH?

It is also chlorinated.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 00:33:10 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 7/3/2019 12:24 AM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> From reality. I know a couple of people getting disability that are
>>> very capable of working. There are many others I've seen over the years.
>>> Stop by your local Social Security office and see who is there.

>> There is abuse of the system, I am aware of this. That shouldn't stop a person that's interested in doing some good in this world. My solution would be not to represent people that are playing the system. That is so obvious as to make your argument a specious and cynical one. What's the point of flushing people out with the bathwater? That's just plain evil.
>>

>The ones abusing the system are the ones that hire the lawyers that
>advertise on TV. Yes, I am cynical

The truth is that everyone who applies for disability insurance (with
a legitimate disibility) is denied until they engage a disabilty
lawyer to represent them... it's wrong but that's how the system
works. Most legitimate disabilities are not obvious/visable... those
disabilities that are obvious/visible are often temporary.

People with legitimate disabilities wish they weren't disabled and
would gladly work if they could. Those who apply for unemployment
insurance are typically the big time cheaters.... those who are
willing to work can always find another job, I know this to be a fact
because I have been laid off several times due to lack of work and
have always found another job and was working within a few days... I
considered the few days being unemployed as vacation time. Getting
laid off from a job was the impetus I needed to move from NY to CA,
the aircraft industry more than doubled my pay. That's why in the
skilled trades one becomes a Journeyman, means one can work anywhere.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-03 11:32 a.m., wrote:

> People with legitimate disabilities wish they weren't disabled and
> would gladly work if they could. Those who apply for unemployment
> insurance are typically the big time cheaters.... those who are
> willing to work can always find another job, I know this to be a fact
> because I have been laid off several times due to lack of work and
> have always found another job and was working within a few days... I
> considered the few days being unemployed as vacation time. Getting
> laid off from a job was the impetus I needed to move from NY to CA,
> the aircraft industry more than doubled my pay. That's why in the
> skilled trades one becomes a Journeyman, means one can work anywhere.

There are some lazy pikers out there abusing the welfare system. I used
to have a friend who was very handy with computer tech support and
really helped me out with problems, but I just could tolerate him
and his family abusing the system. He would get a job and then sabotage
it. He never lasted more than a couple weeks. His wife was a lazy cow
who cooked kraft dinner for the family and went next door to eat in the
restaurant. The youngest daughter went on student welfare because she
could not get along with the family, but she was never in school.
Instead, she was hanging out at her family's house.

The mother and oldest daughter somehow got into a college course to get
trained as social workers. Halfway through the first term the daughter
decided to get pregnant. That meant she would not be able to finish the
first year of the course and would need day care for the next term. The
whole family was hopelessly destined to suck on the public teat.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-03 12:47 p.m., graham wrote:
> On 2019-07-03 10:33 a.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:

>> I also know a woman that collect disability because she can no longer
>> work.Â* Fact is, she never worked but her husband did side work under
>> her name just so they could eventually collect.Â* Worked for them.Â* No
>> lawyer needed.
>>

> In any welfare system, there are always a very small number of
> undeserving who will take advantage of it. Eliminate those and you will
> end up denying help to some who genuinely need it.
> At the other end of the scale, think of the uber-wealthy who screw the
> tax system and get away with it.

Many of those probably look at the abusers and figure they are entitled
to evade taxes because they government is just going to waste it giving
it to those slackers. I have posted before about Cheap Bob, a semi
professional leech. During his youth he never worked any longer than he
had to in order to collect pogey, and we would stay on it until his
benefits ran out and then he would go out and get a job and working
until he qualified for benefits again. Later on he started working
overseas, but he would come once in a while when he had health issues.
Technically, OHIP has a three month qualification period if you have
been out of the country for an extended period, but the didn't really
keep track back then. He bought a cheap house out in Nova Scotia, then
sold that and, along with a hefty inheritance, he travelled and couch
surfed. Now he is living in a subsidized home for seniors. He was always
quite capable of working, but didn't and now he gets to live off the
system that he never paid into.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Hank, actually my plants do get reverse osmosis water, so do my outside bird baths and critter drinking water. I carry it outside myself. We had the system installed last year when my town found out we were being poisoned with PFOAs in our town wells. I was blood tested by N.H. environmental services and I have double the average amount of PFOAs of the ordinary person.. I havent used Teflon in many, many years, nor do I eat microwave popcorn. I drink a huge amount of water, no coffee, no soda, no fruit juices, just water. It takes forever to be rid of this crap in your system. If I get filtered water, so do my critters, inside and out.

Denise in N.H.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

graham wrote:

> On 2019-07-03 11:05 a.m., GM wrote:
> > graham wrote:

> >> In any welfare system, there are always a very small number of
> >> undeserving who will take advantage of it. Eliminate those and you will
> >> end up denying help to some who genuinely need it.
> >> At the other end of the scale, think of the uber-wealthy who screw the
> >> tax system and get away with it.

> > We need *fewer* poor scroungers and *more* wealthy asset - builders in the world, graham...money *has* to come from *somewhere*, ya know...
> >

> The asset builders are the owners of small to medium-sized businesses.

Thus they are not scamming the system such as the louche "poor" do...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,

>The truth is that everyone who applies for disability insurance (with
>a legitimate disibility) is denied until they engage a disabilty
>lawyer to represent them... it's wrong but that's how the system
>works. Most legitimate disabilities are not obvious/visable... those
>disabilities that are obvious/visible are often temporary.

So why didn't I need a disability lawyer????? My disability took 45
days. No lawyer, no nothing other than the application and doctor's
reports. At this point I'm the first to think that those lawyers and
their customers are trying to game the system. (I had congestive heart
failure and a triple bypass--still have very limited heart function)
Maybe it helps that I paid the maximum into social security for most of
my working life (about 63 years in this case)

-ray
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ray Abbitt wrote:
> In article >,
>>
>> The truth is that everyone who applies for disability insurance (with
>> a legitimate disibility) is denied until they engage a disabilty
>> lawyer to represent them... it's wrong but that's how the system
>> works. Most legitimate disabilities are not obvious/visable... those
>> disabilities that are obvious/visible are often temporary.

> So why didn't I need a disability lawyer????? My disability took 45
> days. No lawyer, no nothing other than the application and doctor's
> reports. At this point I'm the first to think that those lawyers and
> their customers are trying to game the system. (I had congestive heart
> failure and a triple bypass--still have very limited heart function)
> Maybe it helps that I paid the maximum into social security for most of
> my working life (about 63 years in this case)
>
> -ray

Yep, I believe you. Popeye was talking out of his ass, as usual.

I hope you do well. Ignore the stubby oversexed sailor. Don't let
the little cockroach give you problems.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 17:16:37 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>I was talking to my son's friend who just graduated from the law school on this rock. She wants to get into immigration law. I think that's great. It means that she values people more than money. My son wants to get into disability law. This, of course, means that he values people more than cash.

LOL.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

graham wrote:

>> In any welfare system, there are always a very small number of
>> undeserving who will take advantage of it. Eliminate those and you will
>> end up denying help to some who genuinely need it.
>> At the other end of the scale, think of the uber-wealthy who screw the
>> tax system and get away with it.

The uber-wealthy are not screwing the tax system. The tax system is
screwed up to allow some of the things going on. Years of lobbying and
possible corruption lets them legally avoid a lot of taxes.

I pay not one penny more than I have to and you probably don't either.
The tax code needs serious overhaul. Congress lets the wealthy get away
with paying very little. Same with some corporations.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-03 7:28 p.m., Je�us wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 17:16:37 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:
>

>> I was talking to my son's friend who just graduated from the law
>> school on this rock. She wants to get into immigration law. I think
>> that's great. It means that she values people more than money. My
>> son wants to get into disability law. This, of course, means that
>> he values people more than cash.

> LOL.

A lot of the refugee and immigration lawyers here are covered by Legal
Aid. Our current provincial government just put the kibosh on that.
The current provincial government considers refugee and immigration
issues to be a federal matter, so the federal government should be
responsible for funding it. Now those lawyers who are in it for their
love of fairness and compassion have a chance to demonstrate their
altruism by handling immigration and refugee cases pro bono.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 18:04:34 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

> Beats the heck out of me where you people get your ideas.

Precisely what everybody here has always thought about you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 1:48:53 PM UTC-10, Jeßus wrote:
> On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 18:04:34 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> > Beats the heck out of me where you people get your ideas.

> Precisely what everybody here has always thought about you.

Ideas such as what? Do you have a clue? I think not.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 17:32:10 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 1:48:53 PM UTC-10, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 18:04:34 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Beats the heck out of me where you people get your ideas.

>> Precisely what everybody here has always thought about you.

>Ideas such as what? Do you have a clue? I think not.

Your logic, generally speaking, leaves a lot to be desired. On tech
issue, on politics and race relations, for example. It's almost as if
you were involved in those CIA experiments with LSD as a child.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 2:54:42 PM UTC-10, Jeßus wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 17:32:10 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 1:48:53 PM UTC-10, Jeßus wrote:

> >> Precisely what everybody here has always thought about you.

> >Ideas such as what? Do you have a clue? I think not.

> Your logic, generally speaking, leaves a lot to be desired. On tech
> issue, on politics and race relations, for example. It's almost as if
> you were involved in those CIA experiments with LSD as a child.

Please to name one thing that has been incorrect, oh man of tech. Just one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 18:05:26 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 2:54:42 PM UTC-10, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 17:32:10 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >Ideas such as what? Do you have a clue? I think not.

>> Your logic, generally speaking, leaves a lot to be desired. On tech
>> issue, on politics and race relations, for example. It's almost as if
>> you were involved in those CIA experiments with LSD as a child.

>Please to name one thing that has been incorrect, oh man of tech. Just one.

Your irrational love of Google detritus. There's one.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 19:46:08 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-07-03 7:28 p.m., Je?us wrote:
>> On Tue, 2 Jul 2019 17:16:37 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> I was talking to my son's friend who just graduated from the law
>>> school on this rock. She wants to get into immigration law. I think
>>> that's great. It means that she values people more than money. My
>>> son wants to get into disability law. This, of course, means that
>>> he values people more than cash.

>> LOL.
>>

>A lot of the refugee and immigration lawyers here are covered by Legal
>Aid. Our current provincial government just put the kibosh on that.
>The current provincial government considers refugee and immigration
>issues to be a federal matter, so the federal government should be
>responsible for funding it.

That seems to be a reasonable expectation.

>Now those lawyers who are in it for their
>love of fairness and compassion have a chance to demonstrate their
>altruism by handling immigration and refugee cases pro bono.

LOL, time will tell how many are genuine eh?

In a similar vein, many (in the U.S, at least) join the military for
many reasons other than altruism - perhaps because they're essentially
unemployable, can't find a better job, like the job security, or of
the type that just can't live independently. Yet, most of these same
people milk/exploit the fact they're serving/served in the military at
every opportunity... the Pavlovian response of 'thank you for your
service' makes me want to throw up at times.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 3:48:22 PM UTC-10, Jeßus wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 18:05:26 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
> wrote:
>
> >On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 2:54:42 PM UTC-10, Jeßus wrote:

> >> Your logic, generally speaking, leaves a lot to be desired. On tech
> >> issue, on politics and race relations, for example. It's almost as if
> >> you were involved in those CIA experiments with LSD as a child.

> >Please to name one thing that has been incorrect, oh man of tech. Just one.

> Your irrational love of Google detritus. There's one.

You're not really saying anything tech man - that's just some vague mushy nonsense. What is with you guys? The simplest of things are impossible to do..

Anyway, I'm not going to interact with you any further because I find you to be a despicable human being. You give me the creeps. How's that for Google detritus?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-03 10:02 p.m., Je�us wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 19:46:08 -0400, Dave Smith

>> Now those lawyers who are in it for their
>> love of fairness and compassion have a chance to demonstrate their
>> altruism by handling immigration and refugee cases pro bono.

> LOL, time will tell how many are genuine eh?
>
> In a similar vein, many (in the U.S, at least) join the military for
> many reasons other than altruism - perhaps because they're essentially
> unemployable, can't find a better job, like the job security, or of
> the type that just can't live independently. Yet, most of these same
> people milk/exploit the fact they're serving/served in the military at
> every opportunity... the Pavlovian response of 'thank you for your
> service' makes me want to throw up at times.

No argument there. A lot of people think that you can't go too far
wrong joining a peace time army. But make no mistake. Americans do tend
to have a lot of respect for those who serve and will pay a lot of lip
service. Pushing their government for better treatment and benefits for
wounded vets might be a different matter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 19:10:59 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
wrote:

>On Wednesday, July 3, 2019 at 3:48:22 PM UTC-10, Jeßus wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 18:05:26 -0700 (PDT), dsi1 >
>> wrote:

>> >Please to name one thing that has been incorrect, oh man of tech. Just one.

>> Your irrational love of Google detritus. There's one.

>You're not really saying anything tech man - that's just some vague mushy nonsense. What is with you guys? The simplest of things are impossible to do.

I rest my case.

>Anyway, I'm not going to interact with you any further because I find you to be a despicable human being. You give me the creeps. How's that for Google detritus?

How is it? Well, I don't know. because I really don't care <shrug>.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 22:19:20 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-07-03 10:02 p.m., Je?us wrote:
>> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 19:46:08 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> Now those lawyers who are in it for their
>>> love of fairness and compassion have a chance to demonstrate their
>>> altruism by handling immigration and refugee cases pro bono.

>> LOL, time will tell how many are genuine eh?
>>
>> In a similar vein, many (in the U.S, at least) join the military for
>> many reasons other than altruism - perhaps because they're essentially
>> unemployable, can't find a better job, like the job security, or of
>> the type that just can't live independently. Yet, most of these same
>> people milk/exploit the fact they're serving/served in the military at
>> every opportunity... the Pavlovian response of 'thank you for your
>> service' makes me want to throw up at times.
>>

> No argument there. A lot of people think that you can't go too far
>wrong joining a peace time army. But make no mistake. Americans do tend
>to have a lot of respect for those who serve and will pay a lot of lip
>service.

I noticed. I've seen enough videos that confirms that 200%. One video
that sticks in my memory is a vet asking for a discount at KFC (or
similar) simply because he was a vet.

> Pushing their government for better treatment and benefits for
>wounded vets might be a different matter.

Indeed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-03 11:30 p.m., Je�us wrote:
> On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 22:19:20 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>

>> No argument there. A lot of people think that you can't go too far
>> wrong joining a peace time army. But make no mistake. Americans do tend
>> to have a lot of respect for those who serve and will pay a lot of lip
>> service.

> I noticed. I've seen enough videos that confirms that 200%. One video
> that sticks in my memory is a vet asking for a discount at KFC (or
> similar) simply because he was a vet.
>
>> Pushing their government for better treatment and benefits for
>> wounded vets might be a different matter.

A couple years ago they were pushing for free post secondary education
for veterans. I might go along with that for combat veterans, but they
only make up about 10% of the retired military. Most of the rest are
clerks and support personnel. It is a job like many others. And,let's
face it. If those guys had what it takes for university, they probably
would not have ended up as combat troop.
A couple weeks ago they had a news article about a homeless female
vet. It's like they expect someone who spent 5 years on the job to have
a hefty pension for life.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote:

> In a similar vein, many (in the U.S, at least) join the military for
> many reasons other than altruism - perhaps because they're essentially
> unemployable, can't find a better job, like the job security, or of
> the type that just can't live independently. Yet, most of these same
> people milk/exploit the fact they're serving/served in the military at
> every opportunity... the Pavlovian response of 'thank you for your
> service' makes me want to throw up at times.

You are correct. Most of my neighbors are military. It's a cushy
job with very little responsibilities and a retirement pension
for life after only 20 years. This "thank you for your service"
crap makes me want to gag too.

Also, even if one gets run over by a truck, they are buried as a
"hero." Along with candlelight vigils, flowers and teddy bears...
all from people that didn't even know them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sqwertz wrote:
>> On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 at 7:16:40 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:
>>
>> My son wants to get into disability law. This, of course,
>> means that he values people more than cash.
>>

> Disability Law means that you sue corporations for big $$$.
> Or rather you threaten to sue then and settle out of court then Take
> 60% of the award from your client(s). Disability lawyers are
> ambulance chasers in bow ties.
>
> -sw

EXACtly. Turn on any tv and within minutes a scumbag lawyer will
appear, blowing smoke up your ass. Dsi1's relatives will be on as
soon as they pass their bar exam. And, being hiwaiian lawyers,
they'll charge more from their victims.

Probably double charges for honkey clients.