Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Amazon and Bezos mixing old apples from Washington with new ChileanOrganic Imports in Whole Foods

Shame on zillionaire Bezos for pulling this stunt. I looked for new apples in the produce area and they mixed 9 month old Raneirs with new Chile apples.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> Shame on zillionaire Bezos for pulling this stunt. I looked for new apples
> in the produce area and they mixed 9 month old Raneirs with new Chile
> apples.

I don't think this is anything new. I rarely buy produce from them because a
lot of it, at least at my store, does not look fresh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 21:44:20 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> Shame on zillionaire Bezos for pulling this stunt. I looked for new apples
>> in the produce area and they mixed 9 month old Raneirs with new Chile
>> apples.

>I don't think this is anything new. I rarely buy produce from them because a
>lot of it, at least at my store, does not look fresh.

Damn, that must be Ed's part time stocking kid again!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/28/2019 12:24 AM, Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 22:52:51 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> Don't you think mixing the old and the new is company policy, O
>>> Defender of Large Companies?
>>>

>> I have no idea but I doubt it in this case. I don't see that at our
>> store here. Especially two types. I've never seen that at any store.
>>
>> My guess is the part time kid stocking apples that day had no idea they
>> are different. Ask the manager about it before you criticize the entire
>> chain for no good reason.

> When Amazon sells me something faulty, I'm fully entitled to say
> "Amazon sold me something faulty". I don't have to hire a private
> detective to find out if a particular warehouse worker was to blame.

Correct. but in this case,Bezos was criticized for the problem. I really
doubt he put the apples out. Silly to blame him. Bitch to the manager
if you want results.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 21:55:10 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/27/2019 9:20 PM, wrote:
>> Shame on zillionaire Bezos for pulling this stunt. I looked for new apples in the produce area and they mixed 9 month old Raneirs with new Chile apples.
>>

> So you think Bezos was in the stockroom mixing them?
>
>And he still had time to pack my order and ship it.

Perhaps it was a kit for apple jack... apple cider and apple sauce are
typically made from a variety of apples.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/28/2019 8:20 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> Correct. but in this case,Bezos was criticized for the problem. I really
> doubt he put the apples out.Â*Â*Â* Silly to blame him. Bitch to the manager
> if you want results.

We all know it's a bullshit troll post. How'd you like them apples?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:20:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/28/2019 12:24 AM, Bruce wrote:

>>> I have no idea but I doubt it in this case. I don't see that at our
>>> store here. Especially two types. I've never seen that at any store.
>>>
>>> My guess is the part time kid stocking apples that day had no idea they
>>> are different. Ask the manager about it before you criticize the entire
>>> chain for no good reason.

>> When Amazon sells me something faulty, I'm fully entitled to say
>> "Amazon sold me something faulty". I don't have to hire a private
>> detective to find out if a particular warehouse worker was to blame.
>>

>Correct. but in this case,Bezos was criticized for the problem. I really
>doubt he put the apples out. Silly to blame him. Bitch to the manager
>if you want results.

Or to Bezos if it's company policy. Man, where would these
corporations be if they didn't have little warriors like you running
around to defend them?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 28, 2019 at 3:22:29 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:20:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> >> When Amazon sells me something faulty, I'm fully entitled to say
> >> "Amazon sold me something faulty". I don't have to hire a private
> >> detective to find out if a particular warehouse worker was to blame.
> >>

> >Correct. but in this case,Bezos was criticized for the problem. I really
> >doubt he put the apples out. Silly to blame him. Bitch to the manager
> >if you want results.

> Or to Bezos if it's company policy. Man, where would these
> corporations be if they didn't have little warriors like you running
> around to defend them?

If a guy at Bezos' level is making decisions about apples, he's running
the company wrong.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 12:50:31 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Friday, June 28, 2019 at 3:22:29 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
>> On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:20:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>> >>
>> >Correct. but in this case,Bezos was criticized for the problem. I really
>> >doubt he put the apples out. Silly to blame him. Bitch to the manager
>> >if you want results.

>> Or to Bezos if it's company policy. Man, where would these
>> corporations be if they didn't have little warriors like you running
>> around to defend them?

>If a guy at Bezos' level is making decisions about apples, he's running
>the company wrong.

Are you saying Bill Gates isn't personally updating my Windows 10 all
the time? That's why he never replies to my messages!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/28/2019 3:50 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Friday, June 28, 2019 at 3:22:29 PM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:

>>> Correct. but in this case,Bezos was criticized for the problem. I really
>>> doubt he put the apples out. Silly to blame him. Bitch to the manager
>>> if you want results.

>> Or to Bezos if it's company policy. Man, where would these
>> corporations be if they didn't have little warriors like you running
>> around to defend them?

> If a guy at Bezos' level is making decisions about apples, he's running
> the company wrong.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Silly sour grapes.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 28, 2019 at 7:20:41 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/28/2019 12:24 AM, Bruce wrote:

> >> I have no idea but I doubt it in this case. I don't see that at our
> >> store here. Especially two types. I've never seen that at any store.
> >>
> >> My guess is the part time kid stocking apples that day had no idea they
> >> are different. Ask the manager about it before you criticize the entire
> >> chain for no good reason.

> > When Amazon sells me something faulty, I'm fully entitled to say
> > "Amazon sold me something faulty". I don't have to hire a private
> > detective to find out if a particular warehouse worker was to blame.
> >

> Correct. but in this case,Bezos was criticized for the problem. I really
> doubt he put the apples out. Silly to blame him. Bitch to the manager
> if you want results.

An apple rots from the CORE. Bezos bought WF and his minions either promote mixing 9 MONTH OLD Products on a display labeled "Apples from Chile" or are too inept to keep track. Now you have to be PRIME to get the sales prices and each cashier has to ask. The Bezos scam is pathetic.
Not surprising given AZ's stupid "win the new headquarters" game.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> > When Amazon sells me something faulty, I'm fully entitled to say
>> > "Amazon sold me something faulty". I don't have to hire a private
>> > detective to find out if a particular warehouse worker was to blame.
>> >

>> Correct. but in this case,Bezos was criticized for the problem. I really
>> doubt he put the apples out. Silly to blame him. Bitch to the manager
>> if you want results.

>An apple rots from the CORE. Bezos bought WF and his minions either promote mixing 9 MONTH OLD Products on a display labeled "Apples from Chile" or are too inept to keep track. Now you have to be PRIME to get the sales prices and each cashier has to ask. The Bezos scam is pathetic.
>Not surprising given AZ's stupid "win the new headquarters" game.

<Ed>
Bezos is a really sweet man, who tries to check every apple
individually before he gives it to you. But he's so busy donating to
charities that he sometimes misses a few of your apples. When that
happens, Bezos can't sleep at night.
</Ed>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> >> Correct. but in this case,Bezos was criticized for the problem. I really
> >> doubt he put the apples out. Silly to blame him. Bitch to the manager
> >> if you want results.

> >An apple rots from the CORE. Bezos bought WF and his minions either promote mixing 9 MONTH OLD Products on a display labeled "Apples from Chile" or are too inept to keep track. Now you have to be PRIME to get the sales prices and each cashier has to ask. The Bezos scam is pathetic.
> >Not surprising given AZ's stupid "win the new headquarters" game.

> <Ed>
> Bezos is a really sweet man, who tries to check every apple
> individually before he gives it to you. But he's so busy donating to
> charities that he sometimes misses a few of your apples. When that
> happens, Bezos can't sleep at night.
> </Ed>

Those the Amazon hiring process for stockers include the ability to read labels on apples and discern Chile from Rainier ?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 28, 2019 at 3:13:07 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 12:50:31 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:

> >> Or to Bezos if it's company policy. Man, where would these
> >> corporations be if they didn't have little warriors like you running
> >> around to defend them?

> >If a guy at Bezos' level is making decisions about apples, he's running
> >the company wrong.

> Are you saying Bill Gates isn't personally updating my Windows 10 all
> the time? That's why he never replies to my messages!

Gates was all about outsourcing to India and hiring long term temps instead of regular employees.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> >An apple rots from the CORE. Bezos bought WF and his minions either promote mixing 9 MONTH OLD Products on a display labeled "Apples from Chile" or are too inept to keep track. Now you have to be PRIME to get the sales prices and each cashier has to ask. The Bezos scam is pathetic.
>> >Not surprising given AZ's stupid "win the new headquarters" game.

>> <Ed>
>> Bezos is a really sweet man, who tries to check every apple
>> individually before he gives it to you. But he's so busy donating to
>> charities that he sometimes misses a few of your apples. When that
>> happens, Bezos can't sleep at night.
>> </Ed>

>Those the Amazon hiring process for stockers include the ability to read labels on apples and discern Chile from Rainier ?

<Ed>
Yes, Bezos teaches them personally. He makes them apple pies with
different kinds of apples, so they learn the difference.
</Ed>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/28/2019 3:22 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Jun 2019 08:20:38 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>>> When Amazon sells me something faulty, I'm fully entitled to say
>>> "Amazon sold me something faulty". I don't have to hire a private
>>> detective to find out if a particular warehouse worker was to blame.
>>>

>> Correct. but in this case,Bezos was criticized for the problem. I really
>> doubt he put the apples out. Silly to blame him. Bitch to the manager
>> if you want results.

> Or to Bezos if it's company policy. Man, where would these
> corporations be if they didn't have little warriors like you running
> around to defend them?

Defend? No. Realistic? Yes. The apples should not have been mixed
but when you have a complaint, take it to the person that can correct it
and prevent it from happening. If you get no satisfaction, take it up a
level.

I tend to deal with facts and not make up wild scenarios that it is
corporate policy from the CEO to mix apples. Sensibility and logic on
the customers and company side will satisfy any complaint. Stupid
emotions and drama just makes it worse.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 9:20:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> Shame on zillionaire Bezos for pulling this stunt. I looked for new apples in the produce area and they mixed 9 month old Raneirs with new Chile apples.

And you think you've got it rough? I only like Mackintosh apples. What is rough is later on in the season, you buy Macks, but get something different. I can't stand it. I really can't stand it.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

A Moose in Love wrote:

> On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 9:20:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > Shame on zillionaire Bezos for pulling this stunt. I looked for new apples in the produce area and they mixed 9 month old Raneirs with new Chile apples.

> And you think you've got it rough? I only like Mackintosh apples. What is rough is later on in the season, you buy Macks, but get something different. I can't stand it. I really can't stand it.

I stick with my old favorite apples mostly...Red Delicious. Good
for eating raw and I like them best in the rare apple pie. Worst
apple pie I ever made (and the only bad one ever) was when I used
those damn bitter Granny Smith apples.

Many seem to like those but I sure don't. The unripe other apples
taste better to me.

No offense to Dave if the GS came from his mom or gramma.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 06:26:15 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>A Moose in Love wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 9:20:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
>> > Shame on zillionaire Bezos for pulling this stunt. I looked for new apples in the produce area and they mixed 9 month old Raneirs with new Chile apples.

>> And you think you've got it rough? I only like Mackintosh apples. What is rough is later on in the season, you buy Macks, but get something different. I can't stand it. I really can't stand it.

>I stick with my old favorite apples mostly...Red Delicious. Good
>for eating raw and I like them best in the rare apple pie. Worst
>apple pie I ever made (and the only bad one ever) was when I used
>those damn bitter Granny Smith apples.

Then the granny smiths you get were picked unripe. There are lots of
apple orchards in upstate NY. I can walk to some. During apple season
I can buy several types direct from the orchards, all perfect. The
orchards also sell drops for cooking and cider... the damage is
slight, can easily be pared away, and they are typically half price by
the bushel. I have no favorite apple, I enjoy them all so I buy a
selection. We buy fruit in season so we don't buy those bagged apples
at market out of season, they are waxed and old.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 3:22:57 AM UTC-5, A Moose in Love wrote:
> On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 9:20:53 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> > Shame on zillionaire Bezos for pulling this stunt. I looked for new apples in the produce area and they mixed 9 month old Raneirs with new Chile apples.

> And you think you've got it rough? I only like Mackintosh apples. What is rough is later on in the season, you buy Macks, but get something different. I can't stand it. I really can't stand it.

Does an Organic Mack even exist ?? Never seen one in IL.