Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner tonight (6/16/2019)

A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side. Simple yet tasty.

What's on your menu?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 16:57:30 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side. Simple yet tasty.
>
>What's on your menu?
>
>Jill

spareribs done in the oven (because I just couldn't get my old body
enthused about smoking the ribs) Sour cream potato salad and I'm still
thinking about the veggie side. Maybe just bell pepper, carrot,
celery sticks and wedges of tomato.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side.* Simple yet
> tasty.
>
> What's on your menu?
>
> Jill

Ribs, baked potato and cornbread.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2019 5:44 PM, U.S. Janet B. wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 16:57:30 -0400, jmcquown >
> wrote:
>
>> A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side. Simple yet tasty.
>>
>> What's on your menu?
>>
>> Jill

> spareribs done in the oven (because I just couldn't get my old body
> enthused about smoking the ribs) Sour cream potato salad and I'm still
> thinking about the veggie side. Maybe just bell pepper, carrot,
> celery sticks and wedges of tomato.
> Janet US

I get it about cooking the ribs in the oven. Hope you have a wonderful
dinner.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2019 3:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side.Â* Simple yet tasty.
>
> What's on your menu?
>
> Jill

Â* Here it's rotisserie chicken with parsley potatoes and a green salad
with fresh picked green onions and tomato chunks .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side. Simple yet
> tasty.
>
> What's on your menu?
>
> Jill

Home made bread with home made pulled pork.

The bread was a buttermilk and spelt with fresh chives from the yard.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side. Simple yet tasty.
>
>What's on your menu?
>
>Jill

I had a pretty simple dish..

Chili
a lot of beans, ground beef, a couple romas in a rough chop, a couple
of green bells julienned, carrots rough chop, onions rough chop,
ketchup McCormick chili powder

Multi grain tortilla chips

cheese

Pace medium salsa

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 4:57:36 PM UTC-4, jmcquown wrote:
> A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side. Simple yet tasty.
>
> What's on your menu?
>
> Jill

Flank steak, rubbed with a mix of tomato paste, garlic powder, onion
powder and Thai fish sauce. The paste was left on for four hours prior
to grilling, then it was roughly blotted off and the steak was sprayed
with oil right before I put it on the grill.

Canned corn for the starch

Salad. I ate my steak on the salad, which was dressed with 1 teaspoon
balsamic vinegar, 1 teaspoon soy sauce (Kikkoman), 1 tablespoon extra-
virgin olive oil.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/19 2:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side.Â* Simple yet tasty.
>
> What's on your menu?
>
> Jill

Sounds good! I love the fish meals. Fixed Halibut cheeks yesterday
with pasta side and a salad. Today it's Texas Twinkies and slaw.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:
> On 6/16/19 2:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side.Â* Simple
>> yet tasty.
>>
>> What's on your menu?
>>
>> Jill

> Sounds good!* I love the fish meals.* Fixed Halibut cheeks yesterday
> with pasta side and a salad.* Today it's Texas Twinkies and slaw.

Are those the deep fried twinkies?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/17/19 4:06 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> jay wrote:
>> On 6/16/19 2:57 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> A pan fried cod fillet with yellow squash on the side.ÂÂ* Simple yet
>>> tasty.
>>>
>>> What's on your menu?
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Sounds good!Â* I love the fish meals.Â* Fixed Halibut cheeks yesterday
>> with pasta side and a salad.Â* Today it's Texas Twinkies and slaw.
>>

> Are those the deep fried twinkies?

These are cooked on the pit. They are more of a snack than lunch but I
had a couple of other BBQ'd meats along with 'em.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/smo...-hutchins-bbq/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 1:01:19 PM UTC-10, jay wrote:
> On 6/17/19 4:06 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:
> > jay wrote:

> >> Sounds good!Â* I love the fish meals.Â* Fixed Halibut cheeks yesterday
> >> with pasta side and a salad.Â* Today it's Texas Twinkies and slaw.
> >>

> > Are those the deep fried twinkies?
> >

> These are cooked on the pit. They are more of a snack than lunch but I
> had a couple of other BBQ'd meats along with 'em.
>
> https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/smo...-hutchins-bbq/

A Texas Twinkie looks wonderful. I'll never have one unless I get down there to Hutchins. I am thinking of of baking a stuffed Anaheim wrapped in shortcrust. It would be the Texas Twinkie's less exciting cousin.

I bought the peppers yesterday. The lady at the checkout asked me what kind of peppers it was. I couldn't remember. The only thing I knew was they was big, green, and $2.99/lb. I told her that I thought they were Anaheim peppers but she was doubtful. The Hawaiian don't know much about large peppers - I suspect that we'll know more in about 20 years.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 23:48:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 1:01:19 PM UTC-10, jay wrote:

>> > Are those the deep fried twinkies?
>> >

>> These are cooked on the pit. They are more of a snack than lunch but I
>> had a couple of other BBQ'd meats along with 'em.
>>
>> https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/smo...-hutchins-bbq/

>A Texas Twinkie looks wonderful. I'll never have one unless I get down there to Hutchins. I am thinking of of baking a stuffed Anaheim wrapped in shortcrust. It would be the Texas Twinkie's less exciting cousin.
>
>I bought the peppers yesterday. The lady at the checkout asked me what kind of peppers it was. I couldn't remember. The only thing I knew was they was big, green, and $2.99/lb. I told her that I thought they were Anaheim peppers but she was doubtful. The Hawaiian don't know much about large peppers

All of them don't? As a group? What a huge coincidence! Or maybe it's
genetic.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 8:57:02 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 23:48:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> > wrote:

> >> These are cooked on the pit. They are more of a snack than lunch but I
> >> had a couple of other BBQ'd meats along with 'em.
> >>
> >> https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/smo...-hutchins-bbq/

> >A Texas Twinkie looks wonderful. I'll never have one unless I get down there to Hutchins. I am thinking of of baking a stuffed Anaheim wrapped in shortcrust. It would be the Texas Twinkie's less exciting cousin.
> >
> >I bought the peppers yesterday. The lady at the checkout asked me what kind of peppers it was. I couldn't remember. The only thing I knew was they was big, green, and $2.99/lb. I told her that I thought they were Anaheim peppers but she was doubtful. The Hawaiian don't know much about large peppers

> All of them don't? As a group? What a huge coincidence! Or maybe it's
> genetic.

I'm sorry, that's sarcasm. Please have some common courtesy and refrain
from this sort of posting. Your compliance will be much appreciated!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 00:22:10 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 8:57:02 PM UTC-10, Bruce wrote:
>> On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 23:48:18 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
>> > wrote:

>> >A Texas Twinkie looks wonderful. I'll never have one unless I get down there to Hutchins. I am thinking of of baking a stuffed Anaheim wrapped in shortcrust. It would be the Texas Twinkie's less exciting cousin.
>> >
>> >I bought the peppers yesterday. The lady at the checkout asked me what kind of peppers it was. I couldn't remember. The only thing I knew was they was big, green, and $2.99/lb. I told her that I thought they were Anaheim peppers but she was doubtful. The Hawaiian don't know much about large peppers

>> All of them don't? As a group? What a huge coincidence! Or maybe it's
>> genetic.

>I'm sorry, that's sarcasm. Please have some common courtesy and refrain
>from this sort of posting. Your compliance will be much appreciated!

lol - I'll do my best.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jay wrote:

> Today it's Texas Twinkies and slaw.

Never heard of those but I looked them up and they
sound delicious. I'm surprised that Steveo has
never mentioned them. Sounds right up his alley.

Wait for it though. He probably has made them and might respond
with an old photo.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/smo...-hutchins-bbq/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:
> jay wrote:
>>
>> Today it's Texas Twinkies and slaw.

> Never heard of those but I looked them up and they
> sound delicious. I'm surprised that Steveo has
> never mentioned them. Sounds right up his alley.
>
> Wait for it though. He probably has made them and might respond
> with an old photo.
>
> https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/smo...-hutchins-bbq/

those sound great, wish i was within driving
distance...

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

songbird wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > jay wrote:
> >>
> >> Today it's Texas Twinkies and slaw.

> > Never heard of those but I looked them up and they
> > sound delicious. I'm surprised that Steveo has
> > never mentioned them. Sounds right up his alley.
> >
> > Wait for it though. He probably has made them and might respond
> > with an old photo.
> >
> > https://www.texasmonthly.com/bbq/smo...-hutchins-bbq/

> those sound great, wish i was within driving
> distance...

Same here but I'll probably have to make them myself if I ever
want to have some.