Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default $5 rotisserie !

Â* Ronco , and like brand new . I picked it up at a yard sale yesterday
, we also picked up a whole chicken before we came home . Too late
yesterday to figure this thing out and clean it up , so we'll be testing
it out for dinner tonight . BTW , we also picked up a nearly-brand-new
recliner rocker for her ... it cost a little more than my rotisserie .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

Ronco , and like brand new . I picked it up at a yard sale yesterday
, we also picked up a whole chicken before we came home . Too late
yesterday to figure this thing out and clean it up , so we'll be testing
it out for dinner tonight . BTW , we also picked up a nearly-brand-new
recliner rocker for her ... it cost a little more than my rotisserie .

Snag

====

Good husband stuff Just what I like to hear )))))))))))

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/16/2019 3:50 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Terry Coombs"Â* wrote in message ...
>
> Â* Ronco , and like brand new . I picked it up at a yard sale yesterday
> , we also picked up a whole chicken before we came home . Too late
> yesterday to figure this thing out and clean it up , so we'll be
> testing it out for dinner tonight . BTW , we also picked up a
> nearly-brand-new recliner rocker for her ... it cost a little more
> than my rotisserie .
>
> Â*Snag
>
> ====
>
> Â*Â*Â* Good husband stuffÂ* Just what I like to hear )))))))))))

Â* She has always regretted letting our son and his family use hers that
we left in Memphis when we first moved up here - no room for a recliner
in a 25 foot camping trailer ! Mine was left upstairs in our bedroom
with strict hand-off orders , I still use it .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 16:24:52 -0500, Terry Coombs >
wrote:

>On 6/16/2019 3:50 PM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Terry Coombs"* wrote in message ...
>>
>> * Ronco , and like brand new . I picked it up at a yard sale yesterday
>> , we also picked up a whole chicken before we came home . Too late
>> yesterday to figure this thing out and clean it up , so we'll be
>> testing it out for dinner tonight . BTW , we also picked up a
>> nearly-brand-new recliner rocker for her ... it cost a little more
>> than my rotisserie .
>>
>> *Snag
>>
>> ====
>>
>> *** Good husband stuff* Just what I like to hear )))))))))))
>>

> * She has always regretted letting our son and his family use hers that
>we left in Memphis when we first moved up here - no room for a recliner
>in a 25 foot camping trailer ! Mine was left upstairs in our bedroom
>with strict hand-off orders , I still use it .

Living on the edge! And beyond!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 16, 2019 at 10:39:31 AM UTC-10, Terry Coombs wrote:
> Â* Ronco , and like brand new . I picked it up at a yard sale yesterday
> , we also picked up a whole chicken before we came home . Too late
> yesterday to figure this thing out and clean it up , so we'll be testing
> it out for dinner tonight . BTW , we also picked up a nearly-brand-new
> recliner rocker for her ... it cost a little more than my rotisserie .
>
> --
> Snag
> Yes , I'm old
> and crochety - and armed .
> Get outta my woods !

It's like the kind of junk that you'd see sold on TV except that it actually works - quite well, in fact. My recommendation is that you apply vegetable oil to the pivot points on the rotisserie.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...

On 6/16/2019 3:50 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Terry Coombs" wrote in message ...
>
> Ronco , and like brand new . I picked it up at a yard sale yesterday ,
> we also picked up a whole chicken before we came home . Too late yesterday
> to figure this thing out and clean it up , so we'll be testing it out for
> dinner tonight . BTW , we also picked up a nearly-brand-new recliner
> rocker for her ... it cost a little more than my rotisserie .
>
> Snag
>
> ====
>
> Good husband stuff Just what I like to hear )))))))))))

She has always regretted letting our son and his family use hers that
we left in Memphis when we first moved up here - no room for a recliner
in a 25 foot camping trailer ! Mine was left upstairs in our bedroom
with strict hand-off orders , I still use it .

Snag

===

Well I am sure she will be very happy now with her new recliner
rocker)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> Well I am sure she will be very happy now with her new recliner
> rocker)

They obviously have no ferrets in the family. Recliners are a
common cause of death with the little ones.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 10:29:14 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
> >
> > Well I am sure she will be very happy now with her new recliner
> > rocker)

> They obviously have no ferrets in the family. Recliners are a
> common cause of death with the little ones.

Only 334,000 households in the U.S. owns a ferret. I was surprised
it was so many.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Gary" wrote in message ...

Ophelia wrote:

> Well I am sure she will be very happy now with her new recliner
> rocker)

They obviously have no ferrets in the family. Recliners are a
common cause of death with the little ones.

===

Then if they don't have any, I would think it A Very Good Think)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-17 10:29 a.m., Gary wrote:
> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Well I am sure she will be very happy now with her new recliner
>> rocker)

> They obviously have no ferrets in the family. Recliners are a
> common cause of death with the little ones.

My little dog isn't too thrilled about my electric powered recliner. It
was my mother's and it sure came in handy after surgery. Our dog has
recently taken to lying between our two recliners in the TV room. I have
tried to discourage it. Two nights ago I got up for a couple minutes
so the chair was slightly raised. When I came back I lowered it a bit so
the foot rest would extend. I guess the guy was too stubborn to move a
little when it started to move down, and resisted moving when he started
to feel a little pressure. Next thing I knew he was screaming like he
was being whipped and his leg was stuck under it. I raised it back up a
bit and he took off and avoided me for the entire next day. I have
since been forgiven, even though I still think there was no fault on my
part.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-17 10:13 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2019-06-17 10:29 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> Â*Â*Â*Â* Well I am sure she will be very happy now with her new recliner
>>> rocker)

>> They obviously have no ferrets in the family. Recliners are a
>> common cause of death with the little ones.
>>

> My little dog isn't too thrilled about my electric powered recliner. It
> was my mother's and it sure came in handy after surgery. Our dog has
> recently taken to lying between our two recliners in the TV room. I have
> tried to discourage it.Â*Â* Two nights ago I got up for a couple minutes
> so the chair was slightly raised. When I came back I lowered it a bit so
> the foot rest would extend.Â* I guess the guy was too stubborn to move a
> little when it started to move down, and resisted moving when he started
> to feel a little pressure.Â* Next thing I knew he was screaming like he
> was being whipped and his leg was stuck under it. I raised it back up a
> bit and he took off and avoided me for the entire next day.Â* I have
> since been forgiven, even though I still think there was no fault on my
> part.

Has the dog accepted responsibility? :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-17 12:38 p.m., graham wrote:
> On 2019-06-17 10:13 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> They obviously have no ferrets in the family. Recliners are a
>>> common cause of death with the little ones.
>>>

>> My little dog isn't too thrilled about my electric powered recliner.
>> It was my mother's and it sure came in handy after surgery. Our dog
>> has recently taken to lying between our two recliners in the TV room.
>> I have tried to discourage it.Â*Â* Two nights ago I got up for a couple
>> minutes so the chair was slightly raised. When I came back I lowered
>> it a bit so the foot rest would extend.Â* I guess the guy was too
>> stubborn to move a little when it started to move down, and resisted
>> moving when he started to feel a little pressure.Â* Next thing I knew
>> he was screaming like he was being whipped and his leg was stuck under
>> it. I raised it back up a bit and he took off and avoided me for the
>> entire next day.Â* I have since been forgiven, even though I still
>> think there was no fault on my part.

> Has the dog accepted responsibility? :-)

Of course not. He still tries to get in there. We didn't have this
problem when we had our other dog. He had a cushion on the other side of
the room and was too big to fit between the chairs, but the new one used
to go and lie on the cushion just to **** off the older dog.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 08:03:59 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 17, 2019 at 10:29:14 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> Ophelia wrote:
>> >
>> > Well I am sure she will be very happy now with her new recliner
>> > rocker)

>> They obviously have no ferrets in the family. Recliners are a
>> common cause of death with the little ones.

>Only 334,000 households in the U.S. owns a ferret. I was surprised
>it was so many.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

Recliners kill cats and small dogs too... have also been known to
decapitate small children. Recliners are banned in most European
countries.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 12:13:02 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2019-06-17 10:29 a.m., Gary wrote:
>> Ophelia wrote:
>>>
>>> Well I am sure she will be very happy now with her new recliner
>>> rocker)

>> They obviously have no ferrets in the family. Recliners are a
>> common cause of death with the little ones.
>>

>My little dog isn't too thrilled about my electric powered recliner. It
>was my mother's and it sure came in handy after surgery. Our dog has
>recently taken to lying between our two recliners in the TV room. I have
>tried to discourage it. Two nights ago I got up for a couple minutes
>so the chair was slightly raised. When I came back I lowered it a bit so
>the foot rest would extend. I guess the guy was too stubborn to move a
>little when it started to move down, and resisted moving when he started
>to feel a little pressure. Next thing I knew he was screaming like he
>was being whipped and his leg was stuck under it. I raised it back up a
>bit and he took off and avoided me for the entire next day. I have
>since been forgiven, even though I still think there was no fault on my
>part.

Grow up... it was 100% your fault, and most obviously your dog's IQ is
leagues above yours.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Only 334,000 households in the U.S. owns a ferret. I was surprised
> it was so many.

That is a lot. I wonder how many keep them for the ferret's
lifetime though. They are a very popular new pet but so many
adopt one without knowing what it's like to have one constantly.
They are a very common pet that people get rid of within a year.
Too much trouble to care for.

In a pet store, young ferrets sell themselves easily. Ask to hold
one for a minute and it will be very hard to leave that store
without it. Plus an expensive cage, food, toys, etc.

That's why adopting one is better. Sad enough that someone
ditched it after it got used to a good home. If I adopt one I
would never consider doing that. Exactly the same to me as giving
up your child for adoption just because they're too much trouble.

Moving to a new place that doesn't allow pets? That new place
would not be an option for me. My ferret(s) are family...a
package deal.

I remember once when my business of 20 years was failing during
the Bush recession (and it wasn't all because of that), I was
faced with maybe not being able to pay all my bills and having to
move out. Well, if you have to move out because you can't pay
bills, where the hell do you go? My parents told me, you can
always move back in with us. Nice to have that emergency backup
but then they told me that I was welcome but not my ferret (just
one at the time). Immediately, so much for that option. No way,
won't ever happen.

Ferrets will be your friends for life and they should be treated
the same. Three of my 4 ferrets were "rescue" ferrets. One was a
tiny baby one from a pet store. All of them lived with me until
they died. Mia was the last one to go. Dammit.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 06:50:01 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Ferrets will be your friends for life and they should be treated
>the same. Three of my 4 ferrets were "rescue" ferrets. One was a
>tiny baby one from a pet store. All of them lived with me until
>they died. Mia was the last one to go. Dammit.

Some animals you mourn over when they die and others you have
slaughtered and eat. Schizo.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> >Ferrets will be your friends for life and they should be treated
> >the same. Three of my 4 ferrets were "rescue" ferrets. One was a
> >tiny baby one from a pet store. All of them lived with me until
> >they died. Mia was the last one to go. Dammit.

> Some animals you mourn over when they die and others you have
> slaughtered and eat. Schizo.

You also pick and choose what animals to save or eat.
Quit thinking you are so superior, hypocrite-boy.

I remember once, we were talking about extreme
emergency/starvation situations. Surprisingly, good ol' Cheri
said that she would kill and eat her beloved cat (or dog?) if it
came down to that final choice. I was really surprised with that
comment.

I would never do that to my ferrets. We can just die (of
starvation) together.
I wouldn't kill my daughter if starving.
Would you kill your wife, Brucey?
Maybe not as she's not a worthless seafood creature.

Seriously though, since you don't like to kill animals for food,
you REALLY need to turn vegan and respect all living creatures,
not just pick and choose who lives or dies. Think about that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 08:00:13 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> Gary wrote:
>> >Ferrets will be your friends for life and they should be treated
>> >the same. Three of my 4 ferrets were "rescue" ferrets. One was a
>> >tiny baby one from a pet store. All of them lived with me until
>> >they died. Mia was the last one to go. Dammit.

>> Some animals you mourn over when they die and others you have
>> slaughtered and eat. Schizo.

>You also pick and choose what animals to save or eat.
>Quit thinking you are so superior, hypocrite-boy.
>
>I remember once, we were talking about extreme
>emergency/starvation situations. Surprisingly, good ol' Cheri
>said that she would kill and eat her beloved cat (or dog?) if it
>came down to that final choice. I was really surprised with that
>comment.
>
>I would never do that to my ferrets. We can just die (of
>starvation) together.
>I wouldn't kill my daughter if starving.
>Would you kill your wife, Brucey?
>Maybe not as she's not a worthless seafood creature.
>
>Seriously though, since you don't like to kill animals for food,
>you REALLY need to turn vegan and respect all living creatures,
>not just pick and choose who lives or dies. Think about that.

That's true. Vegan plus eggs from our own chickens maybe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/18/19 12:47 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> Seriously though, since you don't like to kill animals for food,
>> you REALLY need to turn vegan and respect all living creatures,
>> not just pick and choose who lives or dies. Think about that.

> That's true. Vegan plus eggs from our own chickens maybe.

Is a vegan diet plus eggs even vegan? Do you keep the little chickens
in a really tight and crowded space before you eat their babies? (:

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:12:14 -0600, jay > wrote:

>On 6/18/19 12:47 PM, Bruce wrote:
>>> Seriously though, since you don't like to kill animals for food,
>>> you REALLY need to turn vegan and respect all living creatures,
>>> not just pick and choose who lives or dies. Think about that.

>> That's true. Vegan plus eggs from our own chickens maybe.

>Is a vegan diet plus eggs even vegan? Do you keep the little chickens
>in a really tight and crowded space before you eat their babies? (:

A vegan doesn't eat eggs either. But if I'd be a vegan who eats their
own eggs, no animal would get hurt. Our chickens free range on the
property during the day. We lock them up at night, for their safety.

Always funny when meat eaters start lecturing
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/18/2019 2:47 PM, Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 08:00:13 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> Some animals you mourn over when they die and others you have
>>> slaughtered and eat. Schizo.

>> You also pick and choose what animals to save or eat.
>> Quit thinking you are so superior, hypocrite-boy.
>>
>> I remember once, we were talking about extreme
>> emergency/starvation situations. Surprisingly, good ol' Cheri
>> said that she would kill and eat her beloved cat (or dog?) if it
>> came down to that final choice. I was really surprised with that
>> comment.
>>
>> I would never do that to my ferrets. We can just die (of
>> starvation) together.
>> I wouldn't kill my daughter if starving.
>> Would you kill your wife, Brucey?
>> Maybe not as she's not a worthless seafood creature.
>>
>> Seriously though, since you don't like to kill animals for food,
>> you REALLY need to turn vegan and respect all living creatures,
>> not just pick and choose who lives or dies. Think about that.

> That's true. Vegan plus eggs from our own chickens maybe.

Isn't that exploiting the chickens by stealing their eggs?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 15:51:50 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/18/2019 2:47 PM, Bruce wrote:
>> On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 08:00:13 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>>
>>> You also pick and choose what animals to save or eat.
>>> Quit thinking you are so superior, hypocrite-boy.
>>>
>>> I remember once, we were talking about extreme
>>> emergency/starvation situations. Surprisingly, good ol' Cheri
>>> said that she would kill and eat her beloved cat (or dog?) if it
>>> came down to that final choice. I was really surprised with that
>>> comment.
>>>
>>> I would never do that to my ferrets. We can just die (of
>>> starvation) together.
>>> I wouldn't kill my daughter if starving.
>>> Would you kill your wife, Brucey?
>>> Maybe not as she's not a worthless seafood creature.
>>>
>>> Seriously though, since you don't like to kill animals for food,
>>> you REALLY need to turn vegan and respect all living creatures,
>>> not just pick and choose who lives or dies. Think about that.

>> That's true. Vegan plus eggs from our own chickens maybe.
>>

>Isn't that exploiting the chickens by stealing their eggs?

It beats slaughtering and eating them, wouldn't you say?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 17 Jun 2019 13:03:55 -0400, wrote:

> Recliners are banned in most European
> countries.

Dude, you should grow something on all that land and with all your
bullshit.

-sw

Rotisserie rib eye Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 0 21-06-2015 01:07 PM
New rotisserie biig General Cooking 8 17-05-2008 06:34 AM
Trying out a new rotisserie hahabogus General Cooking 4 08-03-2008 01:27 AM
Rotisserie Daniel Barbecue 11 30-01-2005 02:15 AM
Using a rotisserie tds Barbecue 5 12-05-2004 11:13 PM