Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Black beans stain pot

We've been having a lot of black turtle beans lately. I mean Mexican,
tex-mex, southern American style black beans. I boil a kilo at a time
and freeze part. All good. Except they stain the pot really badly with
a dark film. Is there a good way to avoid the discoloration or to get
rid of it afterwards? Thanks.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> We've been having a lot of black turtle beans lately. I mean Mexican,
> tex-mex, southern American style black beans. I boil a kilo at a time
> and freeze part. All good. Except they stain the pot really badly with
> a dark film. Is there a good way to avoid the discoloration or to get
> rid of it afterwards? Thanks.

dilute bleach in a spray bottle or just a few drops
and some water and a scrubby that will not disintegrate
upon exposure to bleach.

better yet is to cook in things that don't stain.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 7:41:08 AM UTC-5, songbird wrote:
> dilute bleach in a spray bottle or just a few drops
> and some water and a scrubby that will not disintegrate
> upon exposure to bleach.
>
> better yet is to cook in things that don't stain.
>

> songbird

Bleach does not REMOVE STAINS, it makes them LESS VISIBLE!! DUH! Sanitizes also! Very well! Nothing lives in Bleach!

John Kuthe, Climate Anarchist and Chemistry Geek From Way Back!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 5:39:55 AM UTC-4, Bruce wrote:
> We've been having a lot of black turtle beans lately. I mean Mexican,
> tex-mex, southern American style black beans. I boil a kilo at a time
> and freeze part. All good. Except they stain the pot really badly with
> a dark film. Is there a good way to avoid the discoloration or to get
> rid of it afterwards? Thanks.

I'd use Barkeeper's Friend, but I don't know if you can get that. It's
a mild scrubbing compound that contains oxalic acid.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

songbird wrote:

> Bruce wrote:
> > We've been having a lot of black turtle beans lately. I mean Mexican,
> > tex-mex, southern American style black beans. I boil a kilo at a time
> > and freeze part. All good. Except they stain the pot really badly with
> > a dark film. Is there a good way to avoid the discoloration or to get
> > rid of it afterwards? Thanks.

> dilute bleach in a spray bottle or just a few drops
> and some water and a scrubby that will not disintegrate
> upon exposure to bleach.
>
> better yet is to cook in things that don't stain.

Even better still, use a stainless steal pot. They don't stain
like he describes and I have cooked black beans. They don't stain
like that but burned on things might need the bleach solution
like you said.

No need to spend tons of money for some cool pot. Buy a Revere
Ware pot of the size you want. Stainless steel Revere Ware with
copper bottoms. They are very inexpensive and I use them almost
exclusively. Only other pan I use occasionally is small cast iron
frying pan, nicely seasoned (but not for beans).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 10:17:00 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> songbird wrote:
> >
> > Bruce wrote:
> > > We've been having a lot of black turtle beans lately. I mean Mexican,
> > > tex-mex, southern American style black beans. I boil a kilo at a time
> > > and freeze part. All good. Except they stain the pot really badly with
> > > a dark film. Is there a good way to avoid the discoloration or to get
> > > rid of it afterwards? Thanks.

> > dilute bleach in a spray bottle or just a few drops
> > and some water and a scrubby that will not disintegrate
> > upon exposure to bleach.
> >
> > better yet is to cook in things that don't stain.

> Even better still, use a stainless steal pot. They don't stain
> like he describes and I have cooked black beans. They don't stain
> like that but burned on things might need the bleach solution
> like you said.

How do you know Bruce isn't using stainless steel?

> No need to spend tons of money for some cool pot. Buy a Revere
> Ware pot of the size you want. Stainless steel Revere Ware with
> copper bottoms. They are very inexpensive and I use them almost
> exclusively. Only other pan I use occasionally is small cast iron
> frying pan, nicely seasoned (but not for beans).

I hate Revere. The thin scrim of copper on the bottom is useless.

Pots with a thick aluminum disk (even if encapsulated in stainless)
are much better.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/19 8:27 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 10:17:00 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> songbird wrote:

>>> dilute bleach in a spray bottle or just a few drops
>>> and some water and a scrubby that will not disintegrate
>>> upon exposure to bleach.
>>>
>>> better yet is to cook in things that don't stain.

>> Even better still, use a stainless steal pot. They don't stain
>> like he describes and I have cooked black beans. They don't stain
>> like that but burned on things might need the bleach solution
>> like you said.

> How do you know Bruce isn't using stainless steel?
>
>> No need to spend tons of money for some cool pot. Buy a Revere
>> Ware pot of the size you want. Stainless steel Revere Ware with
>> copper bottoms. They are very inexpensive and I use them almost
>> exclusively. Only other pan I use occasionally is small cast iron
>> frying pan, nicely seasoned (but not for beans).

> I hate Revere. The thin scrim of copper on the bottom is useless.
>
> Pots with a thick aluminum disk (even if encapsulated in stainless)
> are much better.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Agreement about those copper bottoms. Revere Ware has been making tri
ply aluminum disc bottom pans since the '80's. One of my favorite pans
is a Revere Ware 12" skillet with the aluminum disc bottom. The older
ones are the best. I have found some on ebay.

My designated cook pot for black beans is a Piazza stainless with
aluminum bottom. You don't hear about them much but they are super
duper pots.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Gary wrote:
> > Even better still, use a stainless steal pot. They don't stain
> > like he describes and I have cooked black beans. They don't stain
> > like that but burned on things might need the bleach solution
> > like you said.

> How do you know Bruce isn't using stainless steel?

Because he got stains. It IS called stainless for a reason.

> > No need to spend tons of money for some cool pot. Buy a Revere
> > Ware pot of the size you want. Stainless steel Revere Ware with
> > copper bottoms. They are very inexpensive and I use them almost
> > exclusively. Only other pan I use occasionally is small cast iron
> > frying pan, nicely seasoned (but not for beans).

> I hate Revere. The thin scrim of copper on the bottom is useless.

I will agree with the thin copper bottom. More for looks
probably.
Makes them look all pretty and stuff if you keep them shined (I
don't).

Revere Ware cooks all of my meals just fine. You hate it, you
don't use it, so you obviously know nothing about it. Move along,
Cindy.

Now comes the bashing retort, wait for it.

Cookware is no excuse for failure to cook a good meal, just an
excuse. You learn to use what you have and any darn pan or pot
can turn out good eats.

To prevent stains, use stainless steel. It's named that for a
reason. Hello???
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 10:53:13 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> >
> > Gary wrote:
> > > Even better still, use a stainless steal pot. They don't stain
> > > like he describes and I have cooked black beans. They don't stain
> > > like that but burned on things might need the bleach solution
> > > like you said.

> > How do you know Bruce isn't using stainless steel?

> Because he got stains. It IS called stainless for a reason.

He referred to it as a "thin film". Even stainless steel
can get a deposit of protein or starch on it.

Stainless still isn't magic. It resists rust, that's all. Even
stainless will rust if you abuse it.

> > > No need to spend tons of money for some cool pot. Buy a Revere
> > > Ware pot of the size you want. Stainless steel Revere Ware with
> > > copper bottoms. They are very inexpensive and I use them almost
> > > exclusively. Only other pan I use occasionally is small cast iron
> > > frying pan, nicely seasoned (but not for beans).

> > I hate Revere. The thin scrim of copper on the bottom is useless.

> I will agree with the thin copper bottom. More for looks
> probably.
> Makes them look all pretty and stuff if you keep them shined (I
> don't).
>
> Revere Ware cooks all of my meals just fine. You hate it, you
> don't use it, so you obviously know nothing about it. Move along,
> Cindy.

I know plenty about it. I've used pretty much every type of cookware
there is (not every brand, but every material).

> Now comes the bashing retort, wait for it.
>
> Cookware is no excuse for failure to cook a good meal, just an
> excuse. You learn to use what you have and any darn pan or pot
> can turn out good eats.

Give it a rest. I can turn out dinner for 20 on a campfire, and
have done so.

> To prevent stains, use stainless steel. It's named that for a
> reason. Hello???

Goodbye.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton > wrote:
> On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 10:17:00 AM UTC-4, Gary wrote:
>> songbird wrote:

>>> dilute bleach in a spray bottle or just a few drops
>>> and some water and a scrubby that will not disintegrate
>>> upon exposure to bleach.
>>>
>>> better yet is to cook in things that don't stain.

>> Even better still, use a stainless steal pot. They don't stain
>> like he describes and I have cooked black beans. They don't stain
>> like that but burned on things might need the bleach solution
>> like you said.

> How do you know Bruce isn't using stainless steel?
>
>> No need to spend tons of money for some cool pot. Buy a Revere
>> Ware pot of the size you want. Stainless steel Revere Ware with
>> copper bottoms. They are very inexpensive and I use them almost
>> exclusively. Only other pan I use occasionally is small cast iron
>> frying pan, nicely seasoned (but not for beans).

> I hate Revere. The thin scrim of copper on the bottom is useless.
>
> Pots with a thick aluminum disk (even if encapsulated in stainless)
> are much better.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

My Revereware has the tri-ply aluminum disk on the bottom. I got my set
for Christmas nearly 30 years ago, and Im still using them. Theyve been
the best pans ever.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Give it a rest. I can turn out dinner for 20 on a campfire, and
> have done so.

I can name that tune in 18 minutes. lol

> > To prevent stains, use stainless steel. It's named that for a
> > reason. Hello???

> Goodbye.

Happy Trails to you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Red kidney beans stains pans some too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 19:39:47 +1000, Bruce >
wrote:

>We've been having a lot of black turtle beans lately. I mean Mexican,
>tex-mex, southern American style black beans. I boil a kilo at a time
>and freeze part. All good. Except they stain the pot really badly with
>a dark film. Is there a good way to avoid the discoloration or to get
>rid of it afterwards? Thanks.

Thanks, all. The first pot we tried was stainless steel, but it
stained. The second one was a Le Creuset and it stained too. I'll try
the bleach solution. If that doesn't help, I'll buy a pot just for
beans, since we have them all the time now.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 10:01:36 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> He referred to it as a "thin film". Even stainless steel
> can get a deposit of protein or starch on it.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

That's true. I've got a set of Calphalon tri-ply cookware and when I cook
macaroni in it the bottom of the pan has a bluish stain. The only thing that
will remove that stain is Bar Tenders Friend.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:22:37 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 10:01:36 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>
>> He referred to it as a "thin film". Even stainless steel
>> can get a deposit of protein or starch on it.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>That's true. I've got a set of Calphalon tri-ply cookware and when I cook
>macaroni in it the bottom of the pan has a bluish stain. The only thing that
>will remove that stain is Bar Tenders Friend.

I don't know if I can get that, but I'll look for something with
oxalic acid, other than spinach.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 2:29:34 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:22:37 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >I've got a set of Calphalon tri-ply cookware and when I cook
> >macaroni in it the bottom of the pan has a bluish stain. The only thing that
> >will remove that stain is Bar Tenders Friend.

> I don't know if I can get that, but I'll look for something with
> oxalic acid, other than spinach.

There used to be another product like BTF here and it was called Zud. But I
no longer see it on the shelves. Surely, there is some sort of cleaning
compound like that on the other side of the world? Check your grocery store
shelves and ask the store manager if they stock any type of cleaner like that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>We've been having a lot of black turtle beans lately. I mean Mexican,
>tex-mex, southern American style black beans. I boil a kilo at a time
>and freeze part. All good. Except they stain the pot really badly with
>a dark film. Is there a good way to avoid the discoloration or to get
>rid of it afterwards? Thanks.

What material is your pot made of? I cook a lot of black beans, a
favorite here, had them for dinner last night and will have them for
dinner tonight. Cooked in a stainless steel pot they don't stain the
pot but they will stain foods, like rice. We like refried beans and
black beans is what we use.... we usually have them cooked with pork
chops but this time with kielbasa.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 19:39:47 +1000, Bruce >
> wrote:
>
>> We've been having a lot of black turtle beans lately. I mean Mexican,
>> tex-mex, southern American style black beans. I boil a kilo at a time
>> and freeze part. All good. Except they stain the pot really badly with
>> a dark film. Is there a good way to avoid the discoloration or to get
>> rid of it afterwards? Thanks.

> Thanks, all. The first pot we tried was stainless steel, but it
> stained. The second one was a Le Creuset and it stained too. I'll try
> the bleach solution. If that doesn't help, I'll buy a pot just for
> beans, since we have them all the time now.

Yoose could try a bit of ammonia to help clean yoose pot, if there
are no metal parts.

Popeye would just pee in it before cooking, because the heat would
help too. Maybe he will help.

Julie is a bean expert too, so maybe she will give better guidance.

CALLING POPEYE CALLING JULIE BEAN EMERGENCY

BEAN EMERGENCY 911

BEAN EMERGENCY 911

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:55:00 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 2:29:34 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:22:37 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I've got a set of Calphalon tri-ply cookware and when I cook
>> >macaroni in it the bottom of the pan has a bluish stain. The only thing that
>> >will remove that stain is Bar Tenders Friend.

>> I don't know if I can get that, but I'll look for something with
>> oxalic acid, other than spinach.
>>

>There used to be another product like BTF here and it was called Zud. But I
>no longer see it on the shelves. Surely, there is some sort of cleaning
>compound like that on the other side of the world? Check your grocery store
>shelves and ask the store manager if they stock any type of cleaner like that.

Thanks, yes, I'll have a look next time. A new world awaits me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:22:37 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 10:01:36 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> He referred to it as a "thin film". Even stainless steel
>>> can get a deposit of protein or starch on it.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> That's true. I've got a set of Calphalon tri-ply cookware and when I cook
>> macaroni in it the bottom of the pan has a bluish stain. The only thing that
>> will remove that stain is Bar Tenders Friend.

> I don't know if I can get that, but I'll look for something with
> oxalic acid, other than spinach.

That spinach will do yoose a lot of good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 16:29:31 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:22:37 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> That's true. I've got a set of Calphalon tri-ply cookware and when I cook
>>> macaroni in it the bottom of the pan has a bluish stain. The only thing that
>>> will remove that stain is Bar Tenders Friend.

>> I don't know if I can get that, but I'll look for something with
>> oxalic acid, other than spinach.
>>

>That spinach will do yoose a lot of good!

Yes, nuns be warned!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 16:27:04 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 19:39:47 +1000, Bruce >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> We've been having a lot of black turtle beans lately. I mean Mexican,
>>> tex-mex, southern American style black beans. I boil a kilo at a time
>>> and freeze part. All good. Except they stain the pot really badly with
>>> a dark film. Is there a good way to avoid the discoloration or to get
>>> rid of it afterwards? Thanks.

>> Thanks, all. The first pot we tried was stainless steel, but it
>> stained. The second one was a Le Creuset and it stained too. I'll try
>> the bleach solution. If that doesn't help, I'll buy a pot just for
>> beans, since we have them all the time now.
>>

>Yoose could try a bit of ammonia to help clean yoose pot, if there
>are no metal parts.
>
>Popeye would just pee in it before cooking, because the heat would
>help too. Maybe he will help.
>
>Julie is a bean expert too, so maybe she will give better guidance.
>
>CALLING POPEYE CALLING JULIE BEAN EMERGENCY
>
>BEAN EMERGENCY 911
>
>BEAN EMERGENCY 911

lol, thanks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 6:03:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> It's not so much my problem but my
> wife's, by the way. Although I must admit that it looks a bit suspect.
> If nothing helps, a dedicated pan will be the solution.

She an use the stained pot to whack you up side the head. Excellent usage!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 16:10:55 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 6:03:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> It's not so much my problem but my
>> wife's, by the way. Although I must admit that it looks a bit suspect.
>> If nothing helps, a dedicated pan will be the solution.
>>

>She an use the stained pot to whack you up side the head. Excellent usage!

An unexpected little outburst!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 6:13:38 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 16:10:55 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >She can use the stained pot to whack you up side the head. Excellent usage!

> An unexpected little outburst!

But you gotta admit it's a good use of a stained pot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2019 5:27 PM, Hank Rogers wrote:

> CALLING POPEYEÂ*Â* CALLING JULIEÂ* BEAN EMERGENCY
>
> BEAN EMERGENCY 911
>
> BEAN EMERGENCY 911

For a bean emergency open windows for a cross breeze and turn on a fan.
Clears the air quickly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 16:10:55 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 6:03:49 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> It's not so much my problem but my
>>> wife's, by the way. Although I must admit that it looks a bit suspect.
>>> If nothing helps, a dedicated pan will be the solution.
>>>

>> She an use the stained pot to whack you up side the head. Excellent usage!

> An unexpected little outburst!

Yoose do seem to have a Julie problem. Did yoose move to washington
state?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 18:26:20 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 16:10:55 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> She an use the stained pot to whack you up side the head. Excellent usage!

>> An unexpected little outburst!
>>

>Yoose do seem to have a Julie problem. Did yoose move to washington
>state?

A Julie problem?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce > wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:22:37 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 10:01:36 AM UTC-5, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>>>
>>> He referred to it as a "thin film". Even stainless steel
>>> can get a deposit of protein or starch on it.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> That's true. I've got a set of Calphalon tri-ply cookware and when I cook
>> macaroni in it the bottom of the pan has a bluish stain. The only thing that
>> will remove that stain is Bar Tenders Friend.

> I don't know if I can get that, but I'll look for something with
> oxalic acid, other than spinach.

I think she means Bar Keepers Friend.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> No, you don't misunderstand. It's not so much my problem but my
> wife's, by the way. Although I must admit that it looks a bit suspect.
> If nothing helps, a dedicated pan will be the solution. But I have a
> few things to try first.

i cook beans in glass or enamel pans. the glass does
not stain even if it gets crud on the sides that scrubs
off or comes off eventually.

the enamel pan gets stained a little but i use a
little bleach on it and that is gone. the pans we
have are white and they show everything.

songbird
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 16:22:14 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 6:13:38 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 16:10:55 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >She can use the stained pot to whack you up side the head. Excellent usage!

>> An unexpected little outburst!
>>

>But you gotta admit it's a good use of a stained pot.

Well, it did make her laugh.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 20:10:15 -0400, songbird >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> No, you don't misunderstand. It's not so much my problem but my
>> wife's, by the way. Although I must admit that it looks a bit suspect.
>> If nothing helps, a dedicated pan will be the solution. But I have a
>> few things to try first.

> i cook beans in glass or enamel pans. the glass does
>not stain even if it gets crud on the sides that scrubs
>off or comes off eventually.
>
> the enamel pan gets stained a little but i use a
>little bleach on it and that is gone. the pans we
>have are white and they show everything.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 20:10:15 -0400, songbird >
> wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:
>>> No, you don't misunderstand. It's not so much my problem but my
>>> wife's, by the way. Although I must admit that it looks a bit suspect.
>>> If nothing helps, a dedicated pan will be the solution. But I have a
>>> few things to try first.

>> i cook beans in glass or enamel pans. the glass does
>> not stain even if it gets crud on the sides that scrubs
>> off or comes off eventually.
>>
>> the enamel pan gets stained a little but i use a
>> little bleach on it and that is gone. the pans we
>> have are white and they show everything.

> Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Yoose can also try those Mr. Clean magic erasers. They are like a
foam pad. I don't know if they call them something else on yoose rock.

Or, don't worry about the stains ... they'll add character to yoose
next pot of beans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 20:06:52 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 20:10:15 -0400, songbird >
>> wrote:

>>> i cook beans in glass or enamel pans. the glass does
>>> not stain even if it gets crud on the sides that scrubs
>>> off or comes off eventually.
>>>
>>> the enamel pan gets stained a little but i use a
>>> little bleach on it and that is gone. the pans we
>>> have are white and they show everything.

>> Thanks, I'll give it a try.
>>

>Yoose can also try those Mr. Clean magic erasers. They are like a
>foam pad. I don't know if they call them something else on yoose rock.
>
>Or, don't worry about the stains ... they'll add character to yoose
>next pot of beans.

Yes, that would have been my solution
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 00:09:14 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> wrote:

>Bruce > wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 12:22:37 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>> That's true. I've got a set of Calphalon tri-ply cookware and when I cook
>>> macaroni in it the bottom of the pan has a bluish stain. The only thing that
>>> will remove that stain is Bar Tenders Friend.

>> I don't know if I can get that, but I'll look for something with
>> oxalic acid, other than spinach.
>>

>I think she means Bar Keepers Friend.

Yes, and the big supermarkets actually sell it he
<https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/18289/bar-keepers-friend-cleanser-polish>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 15, 2019 at 8:37:24 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 00:09:14 -0000 (UTC), Jinx the Minx
> > wrote:
>
> >I think she means Bar Keepers Friend.

> Yes, and the big supermarkets actually sell it he
> <https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/18289/bar-keepers-friend-cleanser-polish>

Yes, sorry. That is the correct name of the cleaner. Now that you know it is
available get to the store and get that pot clean or you'll find it upside
your head soon.

Black beans Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 42 28-11-2018 06:20 AM
Black beans Brice General Cooking 9 13-10-2018 12:24 PM
How remove black tea stain notbob Tea 6 27-08-2015 03:44 PM
Black Beans - Cuban Black Bean Soup Langerhans Diabetic 0 10-07-2005 09:04 PM
Black soy beans Katra General Cooking 13 03-06-2005 10:13 AM