Old 13-06-2019, 02:19 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default lunch today

pork schnitzel. the polish deli where i get the schnitzels from are of a good;quality. very tender; of course they've been run through a tenderizer. i still pound them to get them thinner. one of these days i'll try panko breadcrumbs. and corn on the cob, and fried cauliflower.
corn on the cob is now 25 cents per cob CDN. at a super market: freshco. also solid tuna 7 ounce can, unico brand is on for $1 per can.

Old 13-06-2019, 03:20 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 9:19:49 AM UTC-4, A Moose in Love wrote:
pork schnitzel. the polish deli where i get the schnitzels from are of a good;quality. very tender; of course they've been run through a tenderizer. i still pound them to get them thinner. one of these days i'll try panko breadcrumbs. and corn on the cob, and fried cauliflower.
corn on the cob is now 25 cents per cob CDN. at a super market: freshco.. also solid tuna 7 ounce can, unico brand is on for $1 per can.

You always catch me on a Thursday, which is my day to go out to lunch.

Yesterday was quesadilla. I run home for lunch most days, which doesn't
leave me a lot of time for cooking.

Flour tortilla
Sargento sliced reduced-fat pepperjack, melted onto the tortilla
Garden Fresh Gourmet "Jack's Special Medium Salsa"
Shredded romaine lettuce

Glass of ice water

Cindy Hamilton
Old 13-06-2019, 04:21 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 06:19:44 -0700 (PDT), A Moose in Love
wrote:

pork schnitzel. the polish deli where i get the schnitzels from are of a good;quality. very tender; of course they've been run through a tenderizer. i still pound them to get them thinner. one of these days i'll try panko breadcrumbs. and corn on the cob, and fried cauliflower.
corn on the cob is now 25 cents per cob CDN. at a super market: freshco. also solid tuna 7 ounce can, unico brand is on for $1 per can.

I dont plan on having a lunch as it were, I had a late breakfast or
even a brunch. Just a couple of eggs scrambled with sauteed onions, I
nuked some broc until it was soft thinly slicked a little Roma and
covered it in a cheese sauce. It was wonderful.

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Old 13-06-2019, 04:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.home.repair

On 6/13/2019 10:20 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
I run home for lunch most days, which doesn't leave
me a lot of time for cooking.

But..but somehow you find time to post to
Usenet all day.
Old 13-06-2019, 08:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 3:19:49 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
pork schnitzel. the polish deli where i get the schnitzels from are of a good;quality. very tender; of course they've been run through a tenderizer. i still pound them to get them thinner. one of these days i'll try panko breadcrumbs. and corn on the cob, and fried cauliflower.
corn on the cob is now 25 cents per cob CDN. at a super market: freshco.. also solid tuna 7 ounce can, unico brand is on for $1 per can.

I was going to make meat pies by filling up some dough and folding but then remembered that I had some really cute little pie tins, so...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nO0wb_mSNp_IL0

Old 13-06-2019, 08:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 2:26:56 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

I was going to make meat pies by filling up some dough and folding but then remembered that I had some really cute little pie tins, so...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nO0wb_mSNp_IL0

Were they as good as they look? The pastry looks exceptionally tasty.
Old 13-06-2019, 08:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 3:19:49 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
pork schnitzel. the polish deli where i get the schnitzels from are of a
good;quality. very tender; of course they've been run through a
tenderizer. i still pound them to get them thinner. one of these days
i'll try panko breadcrumbs. and corn on the cob, and fried cauliflower.
corn on the cob is now 25 cents per cob CDN. at a super market: freshco.
also solid tuna 7 ounce can, unico brand is on for $1 per can.

I was going to make meat pies by filling up some dough and folding but then
remembered that I had some really cute little pie tins, so...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nO0wb_mSNp_IL0

==

Looks good What is the filling?

Old 13-06-2019, 09:18 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 9:28:28 AM UTC-10, wrote:
On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 2:26:56 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

I was going to make meat pies by filling up some dough and folding but then remembered that I had some really cute little pie tins, so...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nO0wb_mSNp_IL0

Were they as good as they look? The pastry looks exceptionally tasty.

They was good. The Crisco I had was kinda old but I used it anyway. Fresh shortening would have been better but it didn't stop anybody from eating the whole pies. I added some black pepper in the crust to enhance the look as it was entirely appropriate for a meat pie.
Old 13-06-2019, 09:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 9:32:13 AM UTC-10, Ophelia wrote:
"dsi1" wrote in message

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 3:19:49 AM UTC-10, A Moose in Love wrote:
pork schnitzel. the polish deli where i get the schnitzels from are of a
good;quality. very tender; of course they've been run through a
tenderizer. i still pound them to get them thinner. one of these days
i'll try panko breadcrumbs. and corn on the cob, and fried cauliflower.
corn on the cob is now 25 cents per cob CDN. at a super market: freshco.
also solid tuna 7 ounce can, unico brand is on for $1 per can.

I was going to make meat pies by filling up some dough and folding but then
remembered that I had some really cute little pie tins, so...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nO0wb_mSNp_IL0

==

Looks good What is the filling?

It was some kind of beef that was in the refrigerator with the usual - potatoes, onions, carrots. Next time, I'll make a filling with braised shortribs. I think that'll be kind of awesome.
Old 13-06-2019, 09:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 13:18:14 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
wrote:

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 9:28:28 AM UTC-10, wrote:
On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 2:26:56 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

I was going to make meat pies by filling up some dough and folding but then remembered that I had some really cute little pie tins, so...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nO0wb_mSNp_IL0

Were they as good as they look? The pastry looks exceptionally tasty.

They was good. The Crisco I had was kinda old but I used it anyway.

Old crisco... The secrets of Hawaiian cooking revealed!

Old 13-06-2019, 10:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 13 Jun 2019 dsi1

I was going to make meat pies by filling up some dough and folding but then remembered that I had some really cute little pie tins, so...
https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nO0wb_mSNp_IL0

For a pie crust use pizza dough; Hawiian Calzone - SPAM, Ricotta
w/crushed pineapple, and Mozz filling.
When I'm served that typical fruit pie crust as shown I don't eat it,
I'll eat the filling if good but not that hideous fat laden sawdust
crust.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 9:28:28 AM UTC-10, wrote:
On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 2:26:56 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

I was going to make meat pies by filling up some dough and folding but then remembered that I had some really cute little pie tins, so...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nO0wb_mSNp_IL0

Were they as good as they look? The pastry looks exceptionally tasty.

They was good. The Crisco I had was kinda old but I used it anyway.

Old crisco... The secrets of Hawaiian cooking revealed!

Things are so easy in your world. In my world, I have to balance out time and expense of going out to get fresher shortening with getting those pies done. As we like to say down South, "git 'er done!"

So I got 'er done, alright.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 9:28:28 AM UTC-10, wrote:
On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 2:26:56 PM UTC-5, dsi1 wrote:

I was going to make meat pies by filling up some dough and folding but then remembered that I had some really cute little pie tins, so...

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nO0wb_mSNp_IL0

Were they as good as they look? The pastry looks exceptionally tasty.

They was good. The Crisco I had was kinda old but I used it anyway.

Old crisco... The secrets of Hawaiian cooking revealed!

Things are so easy in your world. In my world, I have to balance out time and expense of going out to get fresher shortening with getting those pies done. As we like to say down South, "git 'er done!"

So I got 'er done, alright.

Don't we all have to balance those things? Dunno about crisco though.
It reminds me of those old school margarines that you could taste all
through the sandwich.
Old 13-06-2019, 10:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 13, 2019 at 11:06:45 AM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
On 13 Jun 2019 dsi1

I was going to make meat pies by filling up some dough and folding but then remembered that I had some really cute little pie tins, so...
https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...nO0wb_mSNp_IL0

For a pie crust use pizza dough; Hawiian Calzone - SPAM, Ricotta
w/crushed pineapple, and Mozz filling.
When I'm served that typical fruit pie crust as shown I don't eat it,
I'll eat the filling if good but not that hideous fat laden sawdust
crust.

I've already done that - a shortcrust is better. Of course, that's merely my awesome opinion.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared...DBul6IodH0M7Sz
Old 13-06-2019, 10:29 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

[...]

I got no problem with poor folk food. I was raised on poor folk food.

Lunch Today notbob General Cooking 13 09-06-2017 05:18 AM
Lunch today 5/13 James Silverton[_3_] General Cooking 16 17-05-2012 01:45 AM
Lunch today Bob Terwilliger[_1_] General Cooking 5 11-04-2010 08:26 AM
lunch today bulka[_2_] General Cooking 11 23-09-2009 10:12 PM
Lunch today serene General Cooking 0 03-09-2006 11:56 PM